PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Back on Schedule

garyshell
27th November 2009, 22:15
Looks like F1 and the locals worked out their differences. I wonder who blinked?

http://sports.myway.com/news/11272009/v0655.html

Gary

Allyc85
27th November 2009, 22:41
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss ss :D :D

gloomyDAY
27th November 2009, 23:40
*dancing*

Easy Drifter
28th November 2009, 01:52
Based on the financial details released it looks like Bernie blinked. The world economics may have suddenly hit him in the face. Abu Dabai is in financial trouble!!!!. Not the race, the whole flippin' place.
Whoever wrote the piece for Motorsport.com needs to find a dictionary.
Canada's various political units are Territories and Provinces.
They are not PROVIDENCES. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

gloomyDAY
28th November 2009, 02:54
I think the pressure from the teams to have a race in North America also gnawed at Bernie.
Damn little elf finally did something right. Love Montreal and absolutely love their track!

Abu Dabai is in financial trouble!!!!. Not the race, the whole flippin' place.Abu Dhabi? I thought it was Dubai.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/business/global/28dubai.html

aryan
28th November 2009, 03:27
Abu Dabai is in financial trouble!!!!. Not the race, the whole flippin' place.

First of all, there is no such a thing as Abu Dabai. I'm assuming you mean Abu Dhabi.

Abu Dhabi isn't in any financial trouble. That's Dubai. They are different Emirates, with different governments and different economies. One has oil (Abu Dhabi), the other one doesn't. One has a mostly sensible if very closed economy (Abu Dhabi), the other one grew on a 25 year bubble which is now bursting.

Jag_Warrior
28th November 2009, 03:47
Well, thank goodness for some good news for a change.

mwr120675
28th November 2009, 05:50
I can go to a race again!

call_me_andrew
28th November 2009, 06:06
Whoever wrote the piece for Motorsport.com needs to find a dictionary.
Canada's various political units are Territories and Provinces.
They are not PROVIDENCES. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

But I'm sure they will be if we all work really hard at it.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean either.

DexDexter
28th November 2009, 07:11
Great news, best race on the calendar. :up:

UltimateDanGTR
28th November 2009, 07:37
well thank goodness for that. canada should have never been off the calender in the first place.

Ranger
28th November 2009, 11:19
Excellent. It's one of the handful of tracks that consistently produces good races.

Lemmy-Boy
28th November 2009, 12:10
Yeah! I can't wait! It's great to see F1 return to a real venue.

Dr. Krogshöj
28th November 2009, 13:30
Looks like F1 and the locals worked out their differences. I wonder who blinked?

http://sports.myway.com/news/11272009/v0655.html

Gary

CVC blinked, not the Canadians. CVC orinally wanted $175 million for five years, now they're gonna get $75 million in fees. That's quite a low figure compared to other countries, my native Hungary (which is obviously a bigger and richer country than Canada) paid $20 million in 2009 and will pay $22 million next year.

Plus, the Canadian organizers will get 30% of the ticket sales, an estimated $4 to 6 million, so the net fee is closer to $10 million, which is what they originally offered back in November 2008, according to Raymond Bachand, the minister of finance in Quebec. He said the economy changed since, that's why CVC blinked and took what they were offered.

(I use the word CVC advisedly to avoid the usual nonsense about Bernie's supposed greed).

Sonic
28th November 2009, 14:39
Well we all hoped it was true - and now we have confirmation. With any luck this will spur Mr E on to realising that to keep F1 a global sport money can't be the be all and end all.

garyshell
28th November 2009, 17:30
(I use the word CVC advisedly to avoid the usual nonsense about Bernie's supposed greed).

Supposed greed? SUPPOSED??? Man, i have to remember to not drink Diet Coke when reading these forums. I have to clean up my screen now.

Gary

DexDexter
28th November 2009, 18:57
Supposed greed? SUPPOSED??? Man, i have to remember to not drink Diet Coke when reading these forums. I have to clean up my screen now.

Gary

I've never understood why so many North American posters seem to have a special dislike for Bernie? What's he done over there?

ioan
28th November 2009, 20:36
I've never understood why so many North American posters seem to have a special dislike for Bernie? What's he done over there?

The same he did on this side of the pond, and why I can't stand him either.

DazzlaF1
28th November 2009, 21:16
I think the pressure from the teams to have a race in North America also gnawed at Bernie.

I've got a feeling similar pressure from the teams could force Bernie to do similar for Silverstone and the British Grand Prix.

But this news is fantastic, Montreal has always been one of by favourite circuits and F1 needs to have at least 1 race in North America, so this is excellent.

garyshell
29th November 2009, 00:18

It has nothing to do with being from North America. The man has extorted huge amounts of money from numerous governments to back races all the while abandoning traditional places on the calendar and to what end? To line his own pockets. He's a greedy little SOB. Case in point, Silverstone.

Gary