PDA

View Full Version : So wrong it almost funny

PSfan
27th November 2009, 20:48
http://sports.ca.msn.com/other/photos/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=22729190&page=4

I can almost forgive the use of a rare picture being used in a story about a Piquet JR crash, where his is the only car in the pic thats not crashed. But Alonso winning the championship by a single point! Man, that kinda fiction is even beyond what atlasf1 was capable of...

UltimateDanGTR
27th November 2009, 20:57
this guy is even a joker, or has no idea about F1 and is just guessing!

gees, how long does it take to do a tiny bit of research if you know nothing about it? thats what wikipedia is for......

and as for the picture, you'd think they chose one that corrosponded with the article.

ha, some people nowadays....

MrJan
27th November 2009, 22:06
Wikipedia can be quite accurate too, for example it is well known that Thierry Henry is a **** who is famous for being a **** :D :D

Seriously though it's a bad place for journalists. Back when Ronnie Hazlewood (song/theme tune writer) died a number of big publications and TV channels reported that he wrote an s-club 7 song. In actual fact it was just something that had been cribbed from Wikipedia and was wrong.

aryan
28th November 2009, 03:40
Seriously though it's a bad place for journalists. Back when Ronnie Hazlewood (song/theme tune writer) died a number of big publications and TV channels reported that he wrote an s-club 7 song. In actual fact it was just something that had been cribbed from Wikipedia and was wrong.

I think that's the journalists' fault rather than Wikipedia's, and like everything, they should have first found a second source for their material before publishing it.

Studies have shown that Wikipedia's error rate is no greater than Britanica's. And that it apparently corrects any mistake sooner than any other encyclopaedia. Yes, I still will not use Wikipedia as a citation in any paper that I right, but I won't use any encyclopaedia for that matter. Encyclopaedias are there to introduce you to the topic and to point you to some more authoritative sources, they should not be taken as reference for anything.

Anyway, back to topic now :p

Sonic
28th November 2009, 22:18
LOL! The writter is a kcid head!

truefan72
30th November 2009, 18:49
pathetic writer, terrible all the way around.

Storm
1st December 2009, 07:59
Sounds like some newspapers here which post stuff without bothering to do even basic research. atleast ask a fan who knows about it, moron!