PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wheldon Testing Crash

Alexamateo
22nd February 2007, 12:26
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2774671

He's ok, but one line really jumped out at me:

Wheldon's wreck was his first contact with the SAFER Barrier during any test, practice or race since he was involved in an accident with Felipe Giaffone (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=1&driverId=23) during a race at Kansas Speedway in 2003, his rookie year.

The man does not crash, and he wins a lot, I think that speaks volume to his ability.

beachbum
22nd February 2007, 12:52
[URL]
The man does not crash, and he wins a lot, I think that speaks volume to his ability.
It also shows intellegence to stay within what the car gives you and not over drive it. He seems wise enough to stay out of situations where the mistakes of others can gather him up too. He has also had the good fortune to be with teams who give him good equipment. While I am not a great fan of his, you have to respect his professionalism and his results.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd February 2007, 16:35
Well, with the speed the IRL guys run, crashing is not a habit one would want to attain. Wheldon seems to be very able at avoiding trouble while being competitive, which is something a few people never seem to learn. The fact his personality is kind of obnoxious at times just makes me not really like the guy.

luvracin
22nd February 2007, 16:57
If he's the man that "Doesn't crash" then suggests a mechanical failure.

beachbum
22nd February 2007, 18:00
He was quoted saying that he got a bit loose.

Alexamateo
22nd February 2007, 18:48

Well I don't mean he never crashes, but I was impressed that he went more than 3 seasons without making any wall contact. There are some guys that have trouble going three races :D I'm not a particular Dan Wheldon fan, but when I read that, I was impressed.

Alexamateo
22nd February 2007, 18:51
It's even better when you consider he had a rather inauspicious start! :D

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39083000/jpg/_39083410_wheldoncrashap203.jpg
Indy 2003

canada
23rd February 2007, 03:44
you have to respect his professionalism and his results.

His results? Yes. The whole Danica and Legge fiasco? Not so professional. He is a very talented racer however.

Refutation
23rd February 2007, 03:59
His results? Yes. The whole Danica and Legge fiasco? Not so professional. He is a very talented racer however.

So that a Fiasco now LMFAO, seriously Bwahahaha.... :D He didn't say anything wrong, sure it may not be the PC way to put things, but well he could have lied or told the truth, so he told the truth.

His record in amazing, even the top drivers in the world are known smash a few cars up a season. For a guy who races as agressive as he does, and figuring all the things that can happen, he's fairly easy on the equipment.

weeflyonthewall
23rd February 2007, 07:47
or he had Danica on his mind. No worries, Legge didn't jump to the IRL this year.