PDA

View Full Version : Silly Season Chart for IRL/IMS staff?

Wilf
23rd November 2009, 23:44
With the resignation of John Griffen, IRL Vice President of Public Relations, and the release if Ron Green, IMS director of Public Relations are we going to need a split chart, one for drivers and another for staff.

One promise is kept, a big bucks series sponsor, IZOD, is signed so the sun is shinning. So why are people running for cover?

The reason given for Green's dismissal was that financial strains required reductions in staff. However, there have been no other director level dismissals.

IMS hired a chief information officer, a new position that will guide the direction of all information technology and related business units of the company. The question is does public relations fall under this as a related business unit. This appeared the same day as Griffin's resignation was tweeked.

NickFalzone
24th November 2009, 01:29
With the resignation of John Griffen, IRL Vice President of Public Relations, and the release if Ron Green, IMS director of Public Relations are we going to need a split chart, one for drivers and another for staff.

One promise is kept, a big bucks series sponsor, IZOD, is signed so the sun is shinning. So why are people running for cover?

The reason given for Green's dismissal was that financial strains required reductions in staff. However, there have been no other director level dismissals.

IMS hired a chief information officer, a new position that will guide the direction of all information technology and related business units of the company. The question is does public relations fall under this as a related business unit. This appeared the same day as Griffin's resignation was tweeked.

Curt Cavin tweeted about it this afternoon, and claimed that this departure is "unrelated to other layoffs" at IMS/IRL. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. My guess is that, at the least, Belskus has initiated a salary freeze and some of the higher-ups have found better salaries elsewhere. I don't know where Griffin fit into this, but I had heard his name on and off the last few years as part of the IRL. So my guess is that it's a position of some importance. What I really wonder is whether this position will be filled or not. If it's not filled, then IMO that's not a great sign for the health of the company.