PDA

View Full Version : TRD1 BTCC SEASON FINALE: Donington Enduro

tannat
22nd February 2007, 03:11
Here we are, gang! Season finale at a fabulous venue for an enduro-Donington!

I'm going to change things a bit to make it a bit more fun, and also to aid BM and Chris Finch in their battle to resolve 4th in the championship.

Peter, Jon Brown, Luffield and racer69: I invite you to swap rides this round if you prefer. All championship positions have been resolved, so try a new ride for this round if you like :D

Qualifying ALLOWED
Difficulty FREE (you'll hit traffic sooner or later regardless)
1 mandatory pit stop (NO drive thrus)
Full Grids
DEFAULT SETUPS
No Cheats
Complete race in Free Race mode

If it's not too much trouble, submit the following:

1) Qualifying time
2) Time at end of lap 1
3) Time at end of lap 10
4) Time at end of lap 20
5) What lap did you pit?
6) Note any other incidents, offs, etc.

If it is too much trouble, then never mind :D

BEST OF LUCK TO BM AND CHRIS FINCH!!! :up:

racer69
22nd February 2007, 06:26
I'll have a crack at the Peugeot at this round :)

It's no trouble submitting 2-6, but 1 isn't possible as TRD1 on PS2 doesn't have qualifying, it just randomises the grid positions.

However we can go into 'test drive' and set a time that way.

tannat
22nd February 2007, 06:51
I'll have a crack at the Peugeot at this round :)

It's no trouble submitting 2-6, but 1 isn't possible as TRD1 on PS2 doesn't have qualifying, it just randomises the grid positions.

However we can go into 'test drive' and set a time that way.

Ah, forgot about that little glitch on PS2...

Sure-test drive mode will work :up:

I may be driving the Pug myself so as to not interfere with the manufacturers race between MG and Vauxhall

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd February 2007, 10:07
Vauxhall for me

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd February 2007, 12:26
or maybe a Lexus ;)

(I really want to do the first lap in a V'hall and the rest in a Lexus)

Luffield
23rd February 2007, 12:34
I'll try out the Alfa I think after missing the last one!!!!!!!!

tannat
24th February 2007, 02:04
or maybe a Lexus ;)

(I really want to do the first lap in a V'hall and the rest in a Lexus)

After the second row bump starts you in the Lexus you'll be fine :D

tannat
24th February 2007, 02:05
I'll try out the Alfa I think after missing the last one!!!!!!!!

Hope you can make it..

Working hard? :D

tannat
27th February 2007, 18:25
Just finished my race. Lap 1 was a bit ragged, but quickly got into a good rhythm, renewing my fast lap with each lap. Pitted on lap 7 as I was approaching traffic, then continued dropping my fats lap time.

It wasn't entirely clean. Had I been a bit more careful at McLean's and the hairpins I probably could have completed the race 10-15 seconds faster.

Hope my fast lap is on pace with the Alfa's and Luffield, but I doubt I'll be above 3rd on the podium...

Peter Vuko
27th February 2007, 22:08
When are times due Tannat?

tannat
28th February 2007, 00:39
When are times due Tannat?

I had hoped Wednesday, but I'll allow an extension til Friday :)

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2007, 10:07
I'm finding it difficult here with the default settings. I tried the Lexus and I couldn't better a 1:23's so i've switched to the V'hall and I'm in the 1:21's.

I'll need till Thursday/Friday

Peter Vuko
1st March 2007, 11:13
I drove the Astra at Donington. Drove it without any practice on default settings. It could be a good car with some tweaking- not expecting to even be on the podium for this one, although I did manage to bring the car home in one piece. Thanks to Tannat on a well run series. I'll give you "Britts" a chance of regaining your title next season.

tannat
3rd March 2007, 00:39
Awaiting times from BM....

chrisfinch
3rd March 2007, 17:46
oooooooooooo

Surely the deadline has passed, so I get 4th place???

BM
3rd March 2007, 22:25
No Chris, you don't get it that easily, cos my times are in! ;)

tannat
4th March 2007, 05:46
Here we are at the conclusion of an exciting season of BTCC tin top racing at an idyllic location with ideal weather! It's sunny, and the twists and turns of Donington beckon the drivers to go all out in this final meeting (I'm no Murray Walker).

Starting Grid:
Several cars encountered technical problems in qualifying, and were relegated to the back of the grid. Jon Brown impressed the field with a 1:21.16, more than a full second ahead of Tannat in second in the Peugeot. The final driver to record a qualifying time was racer69 also in the Peugeot, with Peter Vuko (Vauxhall), BM (MG), and Chris Finch (Vauxhall) rounding out the grid.

1--JonBrown----Vauxhall-----1:21.16
2--Tannat--------Peugeot-----1:22.56
3--Racer69-------Peugeot-----1:25.08
4--PeterVuko----Vauxhall-----NoTime
5--BM-------------MG----------NoTime
6--ChrisFinch-----Vauxhall----NoTime

tannat
4th March 2007, 05:56
There is a delay in the start of the race as a male clad in nothing but combat boots and army helment runs across the front straight bearing a sign stating
"Bring our lads home from Iraq". He is tackled by a surprisingly atheletic Maragaret Thatcher, who was onhand to sing "God Save the Queen" before the start of the race :D

The lights go red one by one by one, then the pause... AND WE ARE GREEN!

Absolutely demon start by Jon Brown who wins the race to then a gap to Tannat, racer69, PeterVuko, BM and Chris Finch. Peter Vuko goes on a tear, passing racer69 and then Tannat before the completion of one lap. But JB is the story this afternoon, with already nearly 3 seconds in hand at the completion of one lap. His temmate Peter Vuko follows in second, with nothing separating the Peugeot drivers in 3rd and 4th. The MG of BM is in 5th, followed by Chris Finch in 6th..

End of lap 1

1--JonBrown----Vauxhall------1:26.34 (quite an opening lap, JB :up :)
2--PeterVuko----Vauxhall-----1:29.21
3--Tannat--------Peugeot------1:30.70
4--racer69-------Peugeot------1:30.90
5--BM------------MG------------1:31.67
6--ChrisFinch----Vauxhall------NoTime

tannat
4th March 2007, 06:19
Jon Brown carries a swift pace in the Vauxhall, nearly equalling his qualifying effort on lap 4 with a time of 1:21.20. However, perhaps he's a bit too confident as he locks it at Redgate on lap 5, taking a trip through the gravel. On the same lap the rears steps out a bit at Old Hairpin, but he keeps it in and moves on. Steady ol boy!!!

BM succumbs to the pressure on lap 7 with an off at Coppice, the same lap that Tannat visits the pits for his mandatory stop.

At the end of 10 laps the top 3 are Jon Brown, Peter Vuko, and racer69.

1--JonBrown----Vauxhall------13:47.xx
2--PeterVuko---Vauxhall------14:05.xx
3--racer69------Peugeot-------14.10.55
4*-BM-----------MG-------------NoTime
5*-ChrisFinch---Vauxhall-------NoTime
6*-Tannat-------Peugeot--------NoTime

*Positions assumed :D

tannat
4th March 2007, 06:37
A rash of pit stops infect the field with JonBrown and Peter Vuko both pitting on lap 11, followed by racer69 and BM on lap 12. The new tires don't suit BM too well as he has issues with Coppice on laps 13, 14, and 15. Chris Finch stuns all by resisting the pits until lap 18, doing his best to win the 4th place battle between himself and BM.

At the end of it all, it was a fairly dominant showing by Jon Brown, taking the checker nearly 30 seconds ahead of second place (!!).

The real action was the fight for second, with the Vauxhall of Peter Vuko and the Peugeot of Tannat sprinting out of Goddards nearly side-by-side, but at the line it is the Peugeot of Tannat ahead of Peter Vuko by nearly a second.

(Should have taken times at the end of lap 19, Peter, but by not doing so I could write a good story :D )

racer69 finishes in 4th place less than 6 seconds behind Peter Vuko. And finally, with a fine performance at Donington, BM takes 4th place in the championship by finishing ahead of the Vauxhall of Chris Finch...

1--JonBrown---Vauxhall-------27:57.83-------1:21.20
2--Tannat------Peugeot-------28:36.71-------1:22.98
3--PeterVuko--Vauxhall-------28:37.70-------1:22.84
4--racer69-----Peugeot--------28:43.22-------1:22.95
5--BM----------MG-------------29:03.85-------1:22.84
6--ChrisFinch--Vauxhall--------29:48.56-------1:25.06

Good race gang!

Final points tally to follow!

tannat
4th March 2007, 06:49
Driver's Championship Final Tally

1. Peter Vuko 152 (9 wins)
2. Brown John Brown 118 (5 wins)
3. Tannat 105
4. BM 61
5. Chris Finch 60
6. Luffield 38 (3 wins)
7. Racer69 36
8. RaikkonenRules 19
9. MadCat 14

Manufacturer's Points Final Tally

1. Alfa Romeo 154 (13 wins)
2. Vauxhall EGG (3 wins) 94
3. MG 86
4. Vauxhall 82
5. Lexus 40
6. Peugeot 18

I want to thank you guys for your loyalty to the championship. Go back and look at the results from each race. We REALLY had some close racing! :up:

I encourage you to joinand participate in Peter Vuko's TRD3 V8 Supercar Championship and Racer69's TRD3 DTM. When their championships are close to finishing (say October) I'll run a thread to see if there is interest sufficient to warrant another season of TRD1 BTCC.

Cheers!
Tannat

chrisfinch
4th March 2007, 11:03
I'll run a thread to see if there is interest sufficient to warrant another season of TRD1 BTCC.

or TRD3 BTCC, if enough people have the mod-does anyone here have it?

And thanks for running it tannat, the different races made it different and spread it about a bit. Congrats to P Vuko for winning, and BM for stealing 4th place by one point.

Brown, Jon Brow
4th March 2007, 17:36
At the end of it all, it was a fairly dominant showing by Jon Brown, taking the checker nearly 30 seconds ahead of second place (!!).

I'd say that was an average performance by me :p

The Vauxhall is a good car with a default set-up.

I'm content with my championship performance. Id only I hadn't missed a round I could have put a bit more pressure on P.Vuko.