PDA

View Full Version : What's the hold-up on the Rosberg announcement?

keysersoze
20th November 2009, 16:35
Has the Button exodus thrown a wrench on the other side of the garage?

UltimateDanGTR
20th November 2009, 16:38
as far as i understand, Rosberg is already confirmed ;)

pettersolberg29
20th November 2009, 16:40
I assume Rosberg was coming in as a second driver with Button as first before Jenson left.
Now they have to decide whether they want to promote Rosberg to 1st driver and sign a 2nd driver (e.g. Heidfeld/Sutil) or sign a new 1st driver i.e. Schumacher/Kimi.

Seems they've gone for the 2nd option and signed Schumacher.

Sonic
20th November 2009, 21:37
Looks like the teams change to MGP has put back the official unveiling of Nico for a few days, but Nico has been talking today about who he'd like as a team mate at MGP next year so its 99.999999% done.

pettersolberg29
20th November 2009, 21:38
What did he say? Teammate related I mean.

Sonic
20th November 2009, 21:48
He said he didn't want a teammate with a big ego, or someone who plays games. I think it was on autosport.com, I'll go and see if I can find the link....

pettersolberg29
20th November 2009, 21:51
That means no Kimi or Schumi then!

Sonic
20th November 2009, 21:54
Kimi Raikkonen's management has indicated that the Finn would be interested in the vacant Mercedes GP seat, and although Rosberg did not name his personal preferences he did not deny he was interested in the identity of his team-mate

Can't post the url on this phone but it is on autosport.

Valve Bounce
21st November 2009, 00:46
He said he didn't want a teammate with a big ego, or someone who plays games. I think it was on autosport.com, I'll go and see if I can find the link....

"In some ways yes, of course," he said. "Why? It's nice to have someone you can get on with, it's nice to have someone who isn't a completely egocentric person that just thinks about himself and tries to trick the other driver, because there is lots work you have to do together."

Of course, if Rosberg wants to remain in the Mercedes Team, he will find out that his wishes have nothing to do with who Mercedes wants to be the #1 driver in the team. If Mercedes wants SchM or Kimi or Vettel, then they will do whatever it takes (no matter how many months) to wrangle the deal. After all, this is the company that secured Fangio and Moss to drive for their team.

Saint Devote
21st November 2009, 03:04
"In some ways yes, of course," he said. "Why? It's nice to have someone you can get on with, it's nice to have someone who isn't a completely egocentric person that just thinks about himself and tries to trick the other driver, because there is lots work you have to do together."

Of course, if Rosberg wants to remain in the Mercedes Team, he will find out that his wishes have nothing to do with who Mercedes wants to be the #1 driver in the team. If Mercedes wants SchM or Kimi or Vettel, then they will do whatever it takes (no matter how many months) to wrangle the deal. After all, this is the company that secured Fangio and Moss to drive for their team.

Dont get all bent out of shape now - Vettel has a three year contract with Red Bull Racing.

In a team where he is number 1 and the car is designed by Adrian Newey. With this team he finished second in the world championship - exactly why would he want to drive for Mercedes??

Schumacher and Raikonnen will never drive for this team - they are gone.

Mercedes, providing he performs as well as his racing history indicates, will rather seek to sign Nico Hulkenberg alongside Nico Rosberg.

Hulkenberg is part of the future. Not Schumacher or Raikonnen.

WRC2006
21st November 2009, 06:34
Can't wait to see Schuey on grid again even if I am not his fan!!

The season would be exciting with Schuey, Alonso, Lewis and Kimmi fighting for the title!! Hope Kimmi gets a seat.

Roamy
21st November 2009, 06:45
Can't wait to see Schuey on grid again even if I am not his fan!!

The season would be exciting with Schuey, Alonso, Lewis and Kimmi fighting for the title!! Hope Kimmi gets a seat.

right as close to the grid as you will see MS is driving the pace car!!

pino
21st November 2009, 06:56
I thought this thread was about Rosberg... :confused:

Roamy
21st November 2009, 06:58
Yea the just keep bringing the garbage in :)

Saint Devote
22nd November 2009, 03:53
I think that Mercedes want to put on a good show so they are probably designing and manufacturing the uniforms, painting a Brawn car and organizing the event.

Also at the same time they would want to announce Rosberg's teammate.

It has not been that long - and Jenson this week sort of let the cat out of the bag by answering a question on the teams next year.

PSfan
22nd November 2009, 04:35
Well, clearly Brawn got some of Button's DNA from the exec bathroom, and they are waiting to see how the clones turn out before announcing drivers, the hope is to have 2 Buttons racing for them in 2010 and announce Rosberg as the reserve... :cheese:

ArrowsFA1
23rd November 2009, 09:53
The new Mercedes Grand Prix team is set to confirm its first driver for the 2010 season, with Nico Rosberg the main favourite for the seat.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80309

Dave B
23rd November 2009, 13:29
James Allen is echoing what Autosport are saying: that Mercedes are due to hold a conference call and officially announce Rosberg.

Mercedes are on the conference call trail again this morning. This time it is to announce what Mercedes describes as the “first new driver” for its team, which is expected to be Nico Rosberg, as he has been signed to the team for some time.

Full story: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/11/mercedes-to-announce-rosberg-this-morning/

Sonic
23rd November 2009, 15:01
Well Nico my boy, you've really fallen on your feet with this drive - now show us what you can really do!

DexDexter
23rd November 2009, 15:58
Good for Nico, and Mercedes finally got a "German" driver who grew up watching German television in Monaco ;) .

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80317