PDA

View Full Version : You knew this was coming

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 01:12
http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/3097.html

raybak
22nd February 2007, 01:50
That's crap, maybe Shell can utilise the Helix branding instead. Shell isn't just about fuels, I should know as I sell Shell lubricants.

Ray

TexasRaceLady
22nd February 2007, 03:17
What good does it do for Sunoco to the official fuel when you can't buy it all over the country.

There is no such thing as Sunoco once you get west of the Mississippi.

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 03:21
I wonder if the car will have to brand its Pennzoil yellow and black instead. Since Shell's yellow and Red are one the car

blakebeatty
22nd February 2007, 03:42
I wonder if the car will have to brand its Pennzoil yellow and black instead. Since Shell's yellow and Red are one the car

the killer bees 2? roush will whine for sure!

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 04:14
Roush whines about everything, so it really doesn't matter

Mark in Oshawa
22nd February 2007, 07:28
Well if Sunoco is paying a ton of money to NASCAR for the promotional rights, I can see why they don't want to share or play nice with Shell/Pennzoil. That said, Nextel puts up with a Cingular Chevy and the Alltel Dodge. Now I know some mergers might have put a better spin on those two sponsorship deals, but you look so petty when you are a title sponsor and you work on trying to dump on a team sponsor who happens to be a competitor. Sunoco gets way more credit for being the official fuel of NASCAR, and if they cant make that work for them, then that isn't Shell's fault.

As for Roush whining, well, he whines but I notice NASCAR is always happy to screw him over just the same.....

Phoenixent
22nd February 2007, 07:53
If Sunoco is so upset about it they could have sponsored the RCR #29 car. It's just alot of bull on this exclusivity deals NASCAR makes. What is funny is that the #29 car will be on display for a year at Daytona. That's what I call in your face to Sonoco. :laugh:

raybak
22nd February 2007, 10:40
I wreckon Shell would be very happy with the coverage they have got so far. They probably have got more with the issues about the logos than they would have if Sunoco had just shut up and not said anything.

Ray

BenRoethig
22nd February 2007, 11:57
Funny, they're not too upset about the giant Texaco logo on the 42.

CREWDAWG
22nd February 2007, 13:31
Harvick SHOULD be docked 150 pts, his sticker/interior guy fined $125,000 and moved to the back taking away the win!!!!!!

I'M JUST KIDDING HARVICK #1! :) Just a little fun but really A sad nascar move...

CREWDAWG
22nd February 2007, 13:33

What about the Moble Oil posted on the car??

RaceFanStan
22nd February 2007, 14:16
If Sunoco is so upset about it they could have sponsored the RCR #29 car.
It's just alot of bull on this exclusivity deals NASCAR makes.
What is funny is that the #29 car will be on display for a year at Daytona.
That's what I call in your face to Sonoco. :laugh:

If people woule READ the article they would realize that it ISN'T the car Sunoco is upset about !
Sunoco complained about Kevin Harvick's UNIFORM & HELMET !!!
Obviously Sunoco CAN'T say anything against the car, so they nitpick the driver's attire. :rolleyes:

dont_be_jack
22nd February 2007, 15:55
What good does it do for Sunoco to the official fuel when you can't buy it all over the country.

There is no such thing as Sunoco once you get west of the Mississippi.

Or North of the Ohio in some parts. Have fun trying to find a Sunoco in Illinois and Indiana.

What about the Moble Oil posted on the car??

Good points.

IMSAFAN1
22nd February 2007, 16:46
what about Lowes and Home Depot? Both are very successful and are living well with each other.

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 16:53
that doesn't apply. Sunoco is the official fuel of Nascar and have an agreement that no other fuel sponsor can be a primary sponsor.

so the sponsors like Mobil, Texaco/Havoline, and Shell/Pennzoil are only sponsoring the motor oil and not the gas.

but Sunoco is crying because Harvick won and Shell "crest" was everywhere on his Helmet and Suit.

but where are Sunoco gas stations, I don't think I've ever seen one yet.

Jonesi
22nd February 2007, 16:56
what about Lowes and Home Depot? Both are very successful and are living well with each other.

Niether is paying Nascar for an exclusive sponsorship of Nascar.

jslone
22nd February 2007, 18:08
Stan.last I checked,and I could be wrong,imagine that,Sunoco cannot tell a team what it can and cannot wear,if RCR wants to wear the Shell colors,then I say go for it,they are a part of his team and if the team wants to wear the colorts,again I say go for it.I dont see an issue with it.

tstran17_88
22nd February 2007, 18:24

There is no such thing as Sunoco once you get west of the Mississippi.I don't think it goes much farther north than the Mason-Dixon line either...we don't have any Sunoco stations up here that I'm aware off. (in WI)

R. Mears
22nd February 2007, 18:30
No sunoco stations here in N. Illinois either.

Since nascar uses valvoline I wonder if they're going to make a stink out of penzoil logos? Ludicrous. :rolleyes:

tstran17_88
22nd February 2007, 18:34
but Sunoco is crying because Harvick won and Shell "crest" was everywhere on his Helmet and Suit. They should be complaining about the car too. The 'Shell' logo was very visible on the hood even though the wording said 'Pennzoil'. I don't think the Roush cars ever did that when they had the 'Pennzoil' sponsorship. :p :

dont_be_jack
22nd February 2007, 18:50
that doesn't apply. Sunoco is the official fuel of Nascar and have an agreement that no other fuel sponsor can be a primary sponsor.

so the sponsors like Mobil, Texaco/Havoline, and Shell/Pennzoil are only sponsoring the motor oil and not the gas.

but Sunoco is crying because Harvick won and Shell "crest" was everywhere on his Helmet and Suit.

but where are Sunoco gas stations, I don't think I've ever seen one yet.

Texaco is iffy since I associate that logo with the gas station more than their motor oil, but that's just me.

I don't think it goes much farther north than the Mason-Dixon line either...we don't have any Sunoco stations up here that I'm aware off. (in WI)

There are none in Wisconsin. The closest ones to you I can think of might be along the Indiana Toll Road.

They should be complaining about the car too. The 'Shell' logo was very visible on the hood even though the wording said 'Pennzoil'. I don't think the Roush cars ever did that when they had the 'Pennzoil' sponsorship. :p :

They knew what the car was going to look like for a good long time. They could've raised their complaints about it before.

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 18:57
the funny thing was thought that Sunoco didn't complain about the helmet, suit, nor car all during winter testing and speedweeks.

it was after the Orbtiz 300 and Daytona 500, where Harvick won and every paper, news cast was showing Shell, Shell, Shell.

thats Sunoco's own fault for not telling them sooner what they wanted

Erki
22nd February 2007, 20:03
Well I guess it doesn't hurt Sunoco very much when that Texaco car hits the victory lane about once every four years, afterall you have to show that competition is welcome. ;)

Alexamateo
22nd February 2007, 21:19
the funny thing was thought that Sunoco didn't complain about the helmet, suit, nor car all during winter testing and speedweeks.

it was after the Orbtiz 300 and Daytona 500, where Harvick won and every paper, news cast was showing Shell, Shell, Shell.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!

Me thinks an Exec. somewhere saw too much yellow and not enough blue last weekend and had to complain :D :D :D

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 21:49
I believe so