PDA

View Full Version : Brawn Colours

WebberFTW123
19th November 2009, 21:41
will Brawn change there colours scheme or stay the same?

My mate said they will go silver and McLaren will go orange.

i think he is wrong like he usaually is :p

please send me suggestions on what you think

pettersolberg29
19th November 2009, 21:43
McLaren are staying the same I think. Brawn/Mercedes I assume will be silver.

UltimateDanGTR
19th November 2009, 21:44
Mclaren MAY go back to their original orange, thats just a rumour however. it would make most sense considering it looks likely Merc will be silver next year. a poosible brawn/merc 2010 livery can be seen here;

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/11/16/mercedes-grand-prix-take-over-brawn-for-2010-but-what-about-button/

thats a couple of days old as you will see but the picture gives away alot i feel.

woody2goody
19th November 2009, 21:46
I think he'll be right about Mercedes, but I don't think anyone can guess what livery McLaren will have.

I suppose they could still keep the silver and red because of Vodafone, but if Merc are running silver and black it could get confusing.

Whatever it is, it wouldn't surprise me if McLaren had some Monster Energy green on it, because they are now Jenson's main sponsor.

PS, Cars with Monster on look very cool.

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ken-block-2009-subaru-wrx-sti-done-560.jpg

WebberFTW123
19th November 2009, 21:49
If McLaren are going to involve their old colours into it all sureley they can just replace the yellow on the Brawn with orange because Mclaren are famour for the silver where as brawn are not famous for there colours and if they want to keep it simialer they can just make the orange flouresent :arrows: :beer: :rotflmao: :grenade: :s pin: :rotate:

Valve Bounce
19th November 2009, 21:50
Well, all they have to do is change the "A" to an "O" and you have it. :p :

WebberFTW123
19th November 2009, 21:56
Brown ewwww id think bright pink be cool it show a nice femine side to F1 :dozey:

Valve Bounce
19th November 2009, 21:59
Brown ewwww id think bright pink be cool it show a nice femine side to F1 :dozey:

Yeah! but the slogan "Brown Brawn run by Bright Brain" would be very tempting. :D

christophulus
19th November 2009, 22:16
To me, the red & white livery on the McLarens is probably more famous than the orange one. And it'd fit nicely with Vodafone and Santander.

Still reckon we're going to have four silver cars to try and tell apart though.

woody2goody
19th November 2009, 22:24
To me, the red & white livery on the McLarens is probably more famous than the orange one. And it'd fit nicely with Vodafone and Santander.

Santander are off to Ferrari mate.

I'll be annoyed if we do get lots of silver cars though. And those four, is before any of the new teams decide to have silver too :P

Another problem, is it's predicted that McLaren and Brawn will have similar pace next year, so they could be regularly together on the track.

Rollo
19th November 2009, 22:36
McLaren are staying the same I think. Brawn/Mercedes I assume will be silver.

You win a cookie!

The team will continue to be known as Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, its distinctive silver-with-red livery will remain unchanged, and Mercedes-Benz will continue as both an engine supplier and a partner.

Source? McLaren themselves.
http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren-news.php?article=380

Mercedes-Benz GP will most definately be silver. The press release pictures already indicate this, and their website is selling this for all it's worth:
http://www3.mercedes-benz.com/mbcom_v4/xx/motorsport/en.html#/series/1/news/id/192/text
http://www.daimler.com/Projects/c2c/channel/images/744804_1354317_425_283__X3H4094_retusche2_Helm_Car bon.jpg

Brawn GP is no more; it leaves with a 100% success record having won the Constructor's anw Driver's Championships in every season they entered.

Valve Bounce
20th November 2009, 00:30
You win a cookie!

The team will continue to be known as Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, its distinctive silver-with-red livery will remain unchanged, and Mercedes-Benz will continue as both an engine supplier and a partner.

Source? McLaren themselves.
http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren-news.php?article=380

Mercedes-Benz GP will most definately be silver. The press release pictures already indicate this, and their website is selling this for all it's worth:
http://www3.mercedes-benz.com/mbcom_v4/xx/motorsport/en.html#/series/1/news/id/192/text
http://www.daimler.com/Projects/c2c/channel/images/744804_1354317_425_283__X3H4094_retusche2_Helm_Car bon.jpg

Brawn GP is no more; it leaves with a 100% success record having won the Constructor's anw Driver's Championships in every season they entered.

I just love your use of the word "every" :)

F1boat
20th November 2009, 06:40
IMO McLaren may increase the percent of red, like 2007, I think.

Big Ben
20th November 2009, 07:50
Santander are off to Ferrari mate.

I'll be annoyed if we do get lots of silver cars though. And those four, is before any of the new teams decide to have silver too :P

Another problem, is it's predicted that McLaren and Brawn will have similar pace next year, so they could be regularly together on the track.

IIRC Santdander will sponsor McLaren too.

Dr. Krogshöj
20th November 2009, 10:12
Rollo, you do actually read F1 news - impressive on an F1 discussion board. :up: And Santander confirmed months ago that they will stay with McLaren. They will dump their British brands like Abbey and use the Santander brand in the UK from 2010.

UltimateDanGTR
20th November 2009, 16:37
my head is imploding thnks to all the bouncey things in the middle of this thread! :D

so it turns out 4 silver cars we will have next year, this is gonna get confusing. and red and white would have been acceptable too, with toyota gone!

woody2goody
20th November 2009, 17:12
Rollo, you do actually read F1 news - impressive on an F1 discussion board. :up: And Santander confirmed months ago that they will stay with McLaren. They will dump their British brands like Abbey and use the Santander brand in the UK from 2010.

Are you sure about that? Not doubting you but I can't remember them saying it. Where did you see/read it?

I assumed because they were going to Ferrari that they would be leaving McLaren - I thought they terminated their deal one year early, the end of this year.

But fair enough, I'll take your word for it :)

Dr. Krogshöj
20th November 2009, 19:26
Are you sure about that? Not doubting you but I can't remember them saying it. Where did you see/read it?

I assumed because they were going to Ferrari that they would be leaving McLaren - I thought they terminated their deal one year early, the end of this year.

But fair enough, I'll take your word for it :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78640

But thank you for trusting my word! :)

Somebody
21st November 2009, 19:57
DanGTR:

They won't be that similar - McL's mirrorred finish looks very different from silver paint at a distance, even before you comsider the prominent red wings.

It's going to be considerably less similar than McLaren/Midland from a few years back.

V12
21st November 2009, 21:55
Or McLaren-Force India from 2008, they looked a bit too similar as well.

And it looks like Santander are doing a Marlboro pre-1997 - sponsoring McLaren AND Ferrari at the same time.

RJL25
23rd November 2009, 09:45
Mclaren will probably adopt a vodafone specific livery next year rather then a half mercedes half vodafone livery like they have in recent years.

Brawn will be silver and black, basically the old west mclaren colours.

Ari
26th November 2009, 02:34

I agree.

With Toyota moving out I can see Macca going back to Red and White. Ahhhh the days of Prost, Senna etc.

Mercedes will go silver arrows no doubt about it!!

Ari
26th November 2009, 02:34

I suggest you start listening to your mate... cause I don't think he's far off. ;)

Saint Devote
26th November 2009, 04:09

Does that mean Mercedes is to sponsor itself?

The papaya orange color would not go across well at all on tv and it is also an awful orange and VERY old fashioned!! So I agree that the orange thought is wrong.

Rollo
26th November 2009, 05:50
Does that mean Mercedes is to sponsor itself?

Probably.

Das Rundschreiben, the official Mercedes-Benz club mag in NSW seems to think that the cars are likely to not carry any sponsors at all, save for the three pointed star at the front, and the rest of the car being all silver, with red numbers.

It's not a highly difficult thing to imagine either.

Somebody
27th November 2009, 03:12
RJL:

McLaren have already said (and this HAS been pointed out in the thread) that they're keeping the same livery next year.

Also, Merc put out a photoshopped pic of a car with their press release that was almost wholly matte silver (there was a small amount of darker grey around the base). If they really don't intend to take many sponsors, I expect something strongly along those lines, without any adulterating black ala the West McL.

DazzlaF1
29th November 2009, 13:33
DanGTR:

They won't be that similar - McL's mirrorred finish looks very different from silver paint at a distance, even before you comsider the prominent red wings.

It's going to be considerably less similar than McLaren/Midland from a few years back.

I rememebr in 2008 it was difficult to tell apart the McLaren from the Force India, they had the fluorescent red wings too that year

UltimateDanGTR
29th November 2009, 14:01
DanGTR:

This is a good point I hope you are right. ;)

racer69
30th November 2009, 12:11
On a related topic, will Mercedes GP be entitled to use #3 and #4??

UltimateDanGTR
30th November 2009, 17:19

one would hope so as they r basically the same champion team-just different majority owners. however, with the FIA, anything is likely.... :D

Saint Devote
1st December 2009, 02:36
The old system was better - the championship winning driver/team swapped numbers with the previous years champions.

Instead of having to get used to new numbers everywhere.

Brawn it appears will be 3 and 4: the great grandfather of Brawn, Tyrrell, had numbers 3 and 4 for sometime after 1973 too and received them following a championship winning year also when their world champion left the team and also a Brit :-]

Rollo
1st December 2009, 23:42

Maybe...
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/rollo75/MB2010testing.jpg

Is that Raikkonen testing the car?

Ranger
2nd December 2009, 02:24
Nahh... that's definitely Kovalainen. ;)

Mark
2nd December 2009, 09:10
Probably.

Das Rundschreiben, the official Mercedes-Benz club mag in NSW seems to think that the cars are likely to not carry any sponsors at all, save for the three pointed star at the front, and the rest of the car being all silver, with red numbers.

It's not a highly difficult thing to imagine either.

Now that, if it comes to pass will be uber cool!