PDA

View Full Version : I missed the rumble in 09 what about 2010

car20
19th November 2009, 16:32
Hi

Never got to go to the 2 rounds in the uk this year, are there to be any further trips to our shores in 2010 ?

also unable to get on website is it being changed?

loved the coverage on motors, the in car shots where good ,

this is how it should little baby steps to a brighter future ?

scubie
19th November 2009, 22:43
Provisional dates were released this morning.

PROVISIONAL FIXTURE LIST 2010
As At 15th November 2009

Warneton Sunday 4th April
Warneton Monday 5th April

Warneton Sunday 25th April

Warneton Sunday 16th May

Ipswich Saturday 12th June

Warneton Sunday 20th June

Lydden Hill Saturday 26th June

Warneton Sunday 11th July

Lydden Hill Saturday 17th July
Lydden Hill Sunday 18th July

Ipswich Saturday 7th August

Warneton 22nd August

Warneton 5th September

Ipswich 11th September
Hednesford 12th September

Warneton 26th September

Warneton 9th October

Duane
22nd November 2009, 21:46
Warnerton is fun but im so glad we have more races at Ipswich, Foxhall under the lights was the best race for me this year, i just wish more Ascar owners would come and join in.

I have to say i am surprised how good i have found the season with the ELMS, roll on 2010.

foxystoat
23rd November 2009, 13:22
Nothing sorted out with Rockingham again then for 2010 such a crying shame.

Duane
27th November 2009, 20:44
Don't have a clue what's going on with Rockingham now, i think Duncan is looking at it, for me im happy to be part of the 17 ELMS dates.

you may like to look at some footage posted by Sam Collins, its qutie good from 4 mins onwards

This is going with an article on the Racecar Engineering website - a slow
run Race 2 from the final meeting at Warneton

http://www.youtube.com/user/RacecarEngineeringTV#p/a/u/1/H_HA10JU2Us

Also there we have some really cool images from the same meeting which will
be online next week......apparently

Duane

Speedworx
28th November 2009, 17:21
IMO, if you want more ASCAR owners, sort out some Rockingham dates!

Until then, the series holds no interest to me.

foxystoat
28th November 2009, 17:50
Surely you are doing everything possible to get ELMS at Rockingham where these cars can properly open there legs, I would have thought it was a priority. Don't the foreign drivers fancy it ? after 2 years absence common sense should prevail for all parties concerned.

Duane
28th November 2009, 22:47
I aint doing a thing to try and get back to Rockingham, ive spent too much of my free time trying to get dates then car numbers then dates sorted in the past to only be let down, costs being the main problem to both parties but this subject has been done to death by now.

yes i believe most ELMS cars would like to have a go but it is the costs!!!!
i am sure if whoever gets it done comes up with free entry then some would be there, some dont want to hit a wall at 150 mph though.....

and speedwox, i used to think being away from rockingham would not hold an interest to me either............

foxystoat
29th November 2009, 10:37
If you aren't trying anymore (or whoever runs the series)then V8's will never go back there that is the trouble. A new season a new aproach / offer see what can be done cost wise & some haggling is better than just ignoring the place for good. Share the costs with another series running just one weekend to start with see how it goes. I still think there are a lot of Ascar fans out there who would turn up if it was sorted out & a few extra Ascar drivers would dust down there V8's to join the show.
As long as nothing is done or discussed even it is all just wishful thinking on my part & many others I suppose. Rockingham Motorspeedway remains a white elephant, a great Oval track with barely anything that will run on it.

scubie
29th November 2009, 17:16
Rockingham was explored by ELMS organisers but there are too many obstacles at the moment, the main one being money, remember this is being built as an affordable / low cost formula.
As an example, for the cost of one weekend of race entry fees for Rockingham , I can race in belgium for three weekends (unlimited testing on sat, 3 races on sunday), so at the moment its simple economics. once those issues are sorted there are other issues that will come into place, MSA, licences,rookie tests, possible changes to cars etc.,
I for one would love to race at Rockingham, but to do that we need to have more ASCARS out on the current tracks. I know people are worried about damage, there will always be damage, wherever you race, but damage is fairly limited, I've spent less than £200 this season on repairs from damage during the races, if you saw the TV footage of the last round you'll know that I had a number of incidents.
Looking forward to next year and the calender looks like we'll have 50+ races across 17 race days, and 14 weekends (must get fit). The racing is set to be close, with Ascars still being developed and getting faster all the time.

foxystoat
29th November 2009, 19:16
Thanks for the reply Scubie that's all I really wanted to hear that you still are trying to go there, if it isn't possible because of costs etc fair enough. Just hope each season it will be discussed when you are sorting out the calendar as who knows one day they may get cheaper or the series may get a sponsor to cover it.
I think in an ideal world we all know you should be there aswell as Warneton etc it's just unfortunate things aren't so simple in reality.

Forum Buddy
29th November 2009, 21:42
Just give up on the V8's ever being at Rockingham.

Nobody on either side wants them or the expense of repairs or running there.

They are gone, so just watch Motors TV for their races at Belgium or watch nascar each week.

I for one have changed to watching other form's of racing.

I have to admit to going to Homestead for Sprint Cup and having to have 12 days at the beach for mrs (Miami Beach that is), is a great way for me to get my fix.

Enjoy the small oval guys.

EarWig
29th November 2009, 23:11
Don't think I have posted for 2 years and we sold our car this year.

Well said Francis, not a hope of running a good V8 series at Rockingham, especially in this economic climate, unless a MAJOR sponsor comes on board.
More chance of me going on a date with Marilyn Munro and she's as dead as the Rockingham Oval V8 series. When will people get this into their head?

Duane - Good luck in the ELMS, you never cease to amaze me with your enthusiasm, and the support of your dedicated team are a credit to you.
Paul - go win a race - you deserve it. :-)

Cheers
Ray

Yung
29th November 2009, 23:31
Rockingham Motorspeedway remains a white elephant, a great Oval track with barely anything that will run on it.

Well..... the Pickup Trucks are still running on the Rockingham Oval. Think positive! ;)

english4ever
1st December 2009, 15:39
Hey Ray hope you and Sally are ok?, as for Rockingham it is the expense of being there that does not appeal to most of the Camso boy's i'm sure if there was a one off race there they would get the money up to do it, but racing there loads a year would just be too much. Its all the hassle that goes with it that costs go up too, i.e FIA overalls, helmet, Hans devices, Gloves, Boots, yes i know you only gotta buy them once but a lot of the drivers havent got approved gear and with costs of entry fee's of about 2 grand each, having to get an ards test for national B license's then doing 6 races before you can get a national A, then do a rookie test, Spotters, Radios, petrol, tyres, crew, accomodation, food, getting there, ferry/tunnel crossings, you can kiss good bye to a whole heap of money just to get there and blow a whole seasons worth of money in a weekend. Where as racing at Warneton, Ipswich, Lydden and Hednesford is a nice little package. I can tell ya Lydden you can open up the Ascars more and appreciate what an animal they really are. AS for pickups i'm not slaggin them off but the engines are too small stick a v6 or nice v8 and the series would be perfect. For me Late model series is just fine and can't wait to next year, hopefully venray will be on calender too one day.

Tractor.

car20
1st December 2009, 21:24
thanks for the dates I HAVE HEDNESFORD in diary in september ! and I can't wait.

just knowing it still lives in some form brings warmth to my soul. :)

I have one good thing to come from no more rockingham is that both me and my son now have the money to Kart (TKM) and a busy 11 race series and know all about cost !

My kid want's to see how far he can get as a driver ? as a late starter to racing he has got sensible ambition. AS i have a little cheque book LOL.

The Pits!
10th December 2009, 21:24
Just give up on the V8's ever being at Rockingham.(again) Nope - that is their natural home - one day...........

Enjoy the small oval guys. I do - with the bangers! :)

Forum Buddy
11th December 2009, 08:17
Thanks Pits, it might have been their natural home, many moons ago, but costs and lack of oval interest in the UK for V8's, it is not going to happen.

The bangers are fine, but not my cup of tea these days.

Rockingham, will be only used for the PUT's on the oval, and that's great, V8's I watch on the TV if available. Nascar of course.

This debate could go on as long the oval, round and round.

The Pits!
13th December 2009, 12:00
This debate could go on as long the oval, round and round. Oh it will.........as it has........ :)

montana37
19th December 2009, 18:49
If you joined the BARC or BRSCC you could go back to Rockingham so pull your fingers out and let see the V8 racing around Rockingham along with the Pickup trucks and maybe with Mascars and we could have a all OVAL meeting.

Keep it real?

Speedworx
20th December 2009, 22:36
If not Rockingham, try some of the other short ovals (Northampton for example). It needs to be a track local to people for them to go to.

Duane
21st December 2009, 23:25
Spedeworth say that only the 2 tracks we are racing on with them are suitable for us to race on (Ipswich & Hendersford)

Ipswich is local for some of us !!!

i also understand that some at Rockingham are interested in having the roar of our V8's back there again due to the lack of crowds that have been generated in our absence.......but it will always come down to costs mainly then garages, race distance, pit stops and the gate/promotion.....which leads us back to costs !!!!

Merry Christmas

Duane

montana37
22nd December 2009, 20:35
Duane

If you want to go back to the Rock and you have such a large following the there will be no problem in getting back there but don't for get you will have to join the BARC or another club to get back and if you came back the Pickup trucks would come above you in the order.

Never mind you can always dream on.

Duane
22nd December 2009, 22:33
sorry hanna you must of read my post slightly wrong, i have no dreams of racing at the rock, they died early 2008 when i was lied to and made to look a prat to all car owners and prospective car owners.

i am very happy to be committed to ELMS

Why would we want to go back to the rock with a series that does not bring a crowd in ?? let alone entertain the idea of them, as you put it, "come above you in the order" truth be known we support the bangers at Warnerton !!!!!!

foxystoat
24th December 2009, 10:22
It must be very expensive to race at Rockingham if it is cheaper to ship everything to Belgium & race there ! something isn't right somewhere in all this.

Duane
24th December 2009, 11:56
Yes it is much, much cheaper to run in a 50+ race ELMS season (2010) than it was in a 12 race Rockingham season!!!

kelvin88
7th January 2010, 20:44
You can now get the whole 2009 season on DVD from Pit Lane Productions.
Pit Lane Productions Ltd

Telephone: +44 (0) 208 568 2828
Facsimile: +44 (0) 208 232 8330

Email: [email:1gybq8xk]info@pitlanepro.com[/email:1gybq8xk]

Nick Brad
5th February 2010, 18:57
Spedeworth say that only the 2 tracks we are racing on with them are suitable for us to race on (Ipswich & Hendersford)

Duane

They would say that, lol. You need to talk to some of the other UK promoters as well, Kings Lynn would be ideal in size for these cars and yes, it is shale, but with tarmac underneath. I'm sure a deal could be struck for 2011 whereby the shale is cleared away, (it almost does it itself in the summer if it's hot enough after a day's racing), make it a 2 day meeting with Mascar or whatever the Baby Grands are called these days, or possibly even get the RTS involved which will make the cost of removal worthwhile.

I'm glad to read your stance on Rockingham, that place has messed you about enough, you know the way back there, but more importantly, they know where to find you and I'm sure that when the economic situation improves they'll come calling with a deal that suits ELMS. We'd love to hear the V8s there again, but if the deal isn't right, why go through the financial heartache of going back?