PDA

View Full Version : Rally games test on windows 7

14th November 2009, 13:32
He rally fans,

tested the colin mcrae rally series on my windows 7 (64 bit) rig and this is the result:

cmr: sadly doesn't work at all
cmr 2.0: menu etc works but when i go racing the game crashes
cmr 3: works, no problems found
cmr 04: works, no problems found
cmr 2005: works, no problems found
DiRT: works, no problems found

did anyone manage to play cmr 2.0 on a windows 7 (64 Bit) version, i tried patches and several compatibility options but no luck yet.
PLEASE HELP ME !!

other rally games i tested:

rbr: works, no problems found
sega rally (revo): works, no problems found

my rig:
Intel core 2 Quad 8300 2,5 ghz
6 gb memory
1 tb hd, 1tb hd external
Nvidia GT 220, 1gb (i know gotta upgrade it :-) )
sound blaster X-fi extreme gamer
windows 7 (64 bit)

greetz
cmr2game

Bruce D
16th November 2009, 05:42
And if you change the compatibilty of the CMR2 exe file to WinXp or Win 98, does that help?

NOR
17th November 2009, 15:09
to cmr2game: what's wrong on your webpage? Just temporary repairing?

18th November 2009, 12:06
to cmr2game: what's wrong on your webpage? Just temporary repairing?

My friend who so now and then helps me out with the website misunderstood me and accidentally closed my website and all it's external links to my files instead of putting up a maintenance sign, sorry for the inconvenience, i had to clean up my server space on my host because of a problem and place back a clean backup.

The website should work now proper again but if you find a problem please let me know.

regards
cmr2game

lcd
18th November 2009, 12:16
Works fine now! :up:

lugnut_usa
15th December 2009, 15:52
Did you ever get CMR2 working in Win7?

I tinkered with it in Win7 a bit last night. The best I was able to do was to get the car on the stage ready to race...but the track graphics were missing. I could see the car, I could see the trees, and the spectators...but a big grey blank for the track and the sky.

I've got my system set up to dual-boot XP Pro and Win7 Pro, so I can run it in XP if I have to. It'd just be nice to be able to get it all to work in 7. :D

claudio
15th December 2009, 18:36
In my computer itīs working fine, i just have a problem with graphics drivers because I can`t change resolution

52Paddy
19th December 2009, 18:36
Hey cmr2game. I'm struggling with the same problem, and thats the reason I had to pull the plug on my CMR2WC campaign earlier in the year, against my own will. I've still had no luck with it but am hoping confidently that a resolution exists. I'm dying to play it again. If anybody does find a solution, I'd appreciate a PM or email, because I don't be around the forums much off-season. Cheers :)

lugnut_usa
10th January 2010, 02:49
Still no luck getting CMR2 to work in Win7. I can get a car on the start of a stage, but the performance is terribly slow and there are massive graphics artifacts on the screen.

I have an nVidia card in my system. Not sure if that's the issue.

Either way, nothing I've tried has worked.

The event log shows most of the failures coming directly from CMR2.exe but some of them have come from the DirectDraw modules.

I've run the program in multiple compatibility modes, as an administrator. I've turned off DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for the game. I've tinkered with graphics driver settings for the app in the nVidia control panel. I even disabled Aero and went with the Win7 basic theme.

52Paddy
10th January 2010, 15:59
I also tried out Windows XP mode for Windows 7. You can download it from the Windows website and it runs the XP system within your Windows 7 system. But the game still doesn't work for me (this could be down to the fact that I couldn't alternate all of the settings in 'control panel.' My screen resolution etc was all at a fixed setting which I couldn't seem to change. :s

Have to keep trying so.

lugnut_usa
11th January 2010, 02:18
I also tried out Windows XP mode for Windows 7. You can download it from the Windows website and it runs the XP system within your Windows 7 system. But the game still doesn't work for me (this could be down to the fact that I couldn't alternate all of the settings in 'control panel.' My screen resolution etc was all at a fixed setting which I couldn't seem to change. :s

Have to keep trying so.

I looked into XP mode but saw that it utilizes MS Virtual PC...which to my knowledge really doesn't have much in the way of 3D graphics support.

VMware supports Direct3D, but it's also not free...version 7 supports DirectX 9.0c, shader model 3. It also costs $189.