PDA

View Full Version : Someone is not pleased

colinspooky
21st February 2007, 17:11
What do they say about not being able to please all the people all the time?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-sign2107feb21,0,1546569.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

JasonD
21st February 2007, 17:51
What a scandal. That certainly beats an illegal fuel additive. :rolleyes:

kelloggs5TLfan
21st February 2007, 19:28
What do they say about not being able to please all the people all the time?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-sign2107feb21,0,1546569.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Wonder how many race fans were cursing Fl. and changed their vacation plans. :D

call_me_andrew
22nd February 2007, 07:37
I wasn't sure wether or not to post this, but I think this might be related.

From Jayski:
Daytona 500 fan killed in road rage shooting UPDATE: Three Jacksonville men have been charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of Eddie Houk, 36, Land O Lakes, who was leaving the Daytona International Speedway with an older brother Sunday night when he was shot and killed on Interstate 4 in a road rage incident, authorities said today. The men were apparently passing through the area but had not attended the race, deputies said. More details will come later in a press release, but Volusia County Sheriff's Office spokesman Brandon Haught confirmed it was a road rage incident.(Daytona Beach News Journal)(2-19-2007)
UPDATE: Sheriff's investigators combed through an Interstate 4 exit Tuesday morning searching for the handgun used in the road-rage killing of a 36-year-old Tampa-area father heading home from the Daytona 500. Investigators were at the Orange City exit looking for the weapon, sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson said. One of the suspects involved in the shooting, Ronlee Harvin, 21, told investigators he flung the gun from a window of the SUV he was riding in afterward. Meanwhile the grieving family made funeral plans for Eric Houk of Land O' Lakes, a youth soccer coach, husband and father of three, including a 5-month-old son. Seminole County sheriff's deputies arrested Harvin, Charles Onasanya, 19, and David Paul Edwards, 21, as the trio and a female passenger sped west on the interstate Sunday night into Seminole County. Edwards is charged with second-degree murder, accused of shooting Houk in the stomach. The other two men are charged with being principals to second-degree murder. The suspects and the woman are from Jacksonville. Eric Houk and his brother, Michael Houk, encountered the three suspects about 9:20 p.m. Sunday after Eric Houk swerved his pickup into the emergency lane of the interstate to avoid hitting another car. The victim had no idea that Onasanya, who was driving the SUV, was already tooling along in the emergency lane to bypass heavy post-race traffic on I-4, officials said. Angry at being cut off, Onasanya swung his SUV around Eric Houk's truck and he, Harvin and Edwards got out, along with their female passenger, whose name is not being released by sheriff's investigators. The Houk brothers also got out of their pickup and Eric Houk and Onasanya started arguing, investigators said. When the argument turned physical, the female passenger yelled, "Get the gun," a police report shows. She will not be charged, though, sheriff's spokesman Brandon Haught said, because saying that "is not a crime." Onasanya ran back to his vehicle and retrieved a handgun belonging to Harvin. The gun made its way to Edwards who fired a shot into the air to get Eric Houk and Onasanya to stop fighting, the report said. Edwards fired two more shots at Eric Houk, though he was unarmed and not threatening, officials said. Seconds later, the three suspects and the woman took off in the SUV. Eric Houk died just before 10 p.m. at Florida Hospital DeLand, officials said. The suspects were arrested soon after on I-4 in Seminole County.(More at the Daytona Beach News Journal)(2-21-2007)

CREWDAWG
22nd February 2007, 13:23
What a scandal.

Mark Martin or Jack Roush will get blamed for it most likely... Sorry, I couldn't resist

tstran17_88
23rd February 2007, 18:24
I'm just thankful 'the cow was ok'! :laugh:

Sandfly
24th February 2007, 03:48
The shooting story is worth hunting-up just to look at the three characters that were involved in shooting this guy who was just trying to go home from the race. Freakin savages.

tstran17_88
24th February 2007, 05:18
The shooting story is worth hunting-up just to look at the three characters that were involved in shooting this guy who was just trying to go home from the race. Freakin savages.
Normally going off topic doesn't bother me, especially since I'm guilty of it the most, but the road rage incident doesn't have anything to do with the original topic.

I’m not sure the whole story has come out about the shooting since I-4 is the main route between Daytona, Orlando and Tampa and these jerks that killed the guy were from Jacksonville and the main route from Daytona to Jacksonville is I-95 and one route is north-south and the other is east to a southwest direction. If the thugs were heading back home after a day of fun in Orlando...they were going in the wrong direction.

And Seminole County is between Orlando and Daytona. All the race traffic signs for Daytona are in Volusia County.