PDA

View Full Version : Campos second driver rumours

woody2goody
12th November 2009, 10:02
According to this article - http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=47408 - it is becoming more and more unlikely that Pedro de la Rosa will race alongside Bruno Senna for Campos next year.

Adrian Campos states it is because Spanish sponsors are "in the doldrums", and says he has options in Russia or Venezuela. It's obvious that the Russian option is Vitaly Petrov, and the Venezuelan one(s) must be either Pastor Maldonado or Ernesto Viso, surely?

Anyway it seems they are doing well with their car :)

V12
12th November 2009, 10:13
A bit of a shame really, a solid veteran with experience of working with McLaren like Pedro would be a great asset to a new team like Campos, but I guess money talks, especially for the smaller teams.

Having said that Maldonado has shown flashes of raw pace in GP2 and below from what I gather, and Petrov could probably do a job, not a great one but wouldn't embarrass himself either.

Having said that Senna has experience of working with a team developing a racing car after shunning another year of GP2's specmobiles to drive ORECA's sportscar. I know the importance of a driver's experience and input in developing a car is overstated at times but that won't do him any harm I don't think.

Sonic
12th November 2009, 10:14
I think Campos would be wise to not run Pedro; his time has past.

And as the man says, its all about money anyway.

K-Pu
12th November 2009, 10:26
Itīs a pity Pedro wonīt race for Campos, but I still hope he gets a seat somewhere else...

Anyway, Pastor Maldonado seems to have more chances to get the drive according to what Campos said quite a long time ago, but Petrovīs money seems to be a real challenge.

maximilian
12th November 2009, 12:45
the Venezuelan one(s) must be either Pastor Maldonado or Ernesto Viso, surely?

Or Milka Duno :D :D :D :D :D

maximilian
12th November 2009, 12:47
Petrov would be a good move, it's been said before that he's the best pay driver out there - only question is, who will develop the car, with 2 rookies in the race seats - they would need an experienced tester to at least help them out in the pre-season runs. I wonder why Marc Gene doesn't seem to be in the picture?

harsha
12th November 2009, 14:15
Petrov would be a good move, it's been said before that he's the best pay driver out there - only question is, who will develop the car, with 2 rookies in the race seats - they would need an experienced tester to at least help them out in the pre-season runs. I wonder why Marc Gene doesn't seem to be in the picture?

or maybe Fisichella

i've heard him say that he's looking for an option to ride in 2011

UltimateDanGTR
12th November 2009, 16:12
anyone fancy Kovvy going to Campos? no, he hasnt been good enough at Macca.

but he did well at renault and i believe Campos would be a good option for him. he has also had a few years in F1 so can help with the car and help young bruno along.

he would be a good bet IMO.

ioan
13th November 2009, 20:30
Well in their wisdom Bernie and Max brought pay drivers and underfunded teams back to F1. Stupid move.

V12
13th November 2009, 22:13
Well in their wisdom Bernie and Max brought pay drivers and underfunded teams back to F1. Stupid move.

As opposed to only having 8 or 9 teams running? I stand against 99% what Bernie and Max stand for, but after slagging them off for their elitist Ģ48m bond and 12 team limit, I can't do anything but praise them for getting it right on this - for once.

Valve Bounce
13th November 2009, 22:35
If we add a "t" to the name, we could be getting close. :D
Then if you change the "a" to an "o", mission accomplished!! :p :

Easy Drifter
14th November 2009, 00:44
Markabilly is still available at a $1 a lap.

Saint Devote
14th November 2009, 00:55

The list of drivers that became great in this sport and were pay drivers is significant.

I see nothing wrong in hiring a paying driver provided he can DRIVE. It is the driver that the seat is hired out to and clearly does not belong in f1 that would be a problem.

woody2goody
14th November 2009, 03:36
Or Milka Duno :D :D :D :D

Good lord!

:D

F1boat
14th November 2009, 06:12
I'd like to see Petrov in F1. He seemed solid to me in GP2.

Saint Devote
15th November 2009, 00:06
I'd like to see Petrov in F1. He seemed solid to me in GP2.

If Bruno Senna can get to f1 then Vitaly Petrov I agree ought to be a shoe in!

And a Russian driver will stoke immense interest in Russia - Brazilians are two a penny in racing and a grand prix in Moscow would be good - albeit not before a United States Grand Prix.

woody2goody
15th November 2009, 04:03
If Bruno Senna can get to f1 then Vitaly Petrov I agree ought to be a shoe in!

And a Russian driver will stoke immense interest in Russia - Brazilians are two a penny in racing and a grand prix in Moscow would be good - albeit not before a United States Grand Prix.

Agreed. Petrov's better than Senna. Not by much, but I'd take him over Bruno for driving ability. However the Senna name might bring more than what Petrov will, not sure.

ShiftingGears
15th November 2009, 04:37
a grand prix in Moscow would be good

I am confused as to why you are so against Arabic Grands Prix and yet support a Russian grand prix when the place is no beacon of freedom, human rights or democracy.

UltimateDanGTR
15th November 2009, 07:46
I am confused as to why you are so against Arabic Grands Prix and yet support a Russian grand prix when the place is no beacon of freedom, human rights or democracy.

he he, was thinking the same thing. :)

i also think a russian race would be good. im not totally against asian races, i just dont want too much of them on boring tilke tracks. 3-5 would be a good amount. and a russian grand prix would be a good addition i feel, although its in europe i think there is certainly market potential, more so than say bahrain IMO.

F1boat
15th November 2009, 13:05
On the other hand if Nelson jr. returns it would be cool to see battle between Senna and Piquet in the same car! But it wouldn't be wise, the old Nelson probably hates the Senna kid as well...

ShiftingGears
16th November 2009, 11:23
The best they could pull would be Kovalainen and Glock.

Bezza
16th November 2009, 13:08

I think its clear that the Bahrain track is dour and boring, so we don't want another one of them....oh, Abu Dhabi...!

jens
16th November 2009, 14:26
Like Senna, Petrov would be an ideal choice for a new team - reasonable driving skills (although probably not top-class) and a lot of cash to offer.