PDA

View Full Version : Buschwackers very active ...

RaceFanStan
21st February 2007, 15:22
in California ...
22 of the 41 entrys for the Busch race are FULL-TIME Nextel Cup drivers !
01. Carl Edwards
02. Jeff Burton
03. Denny Hamlin
04. Tony Stewart
05. Paul Menard
06. Kyle Busch
07. Scott Riggs
08. Jeff Green
09. Kevin Harvick
10. Reed Sorenson
11. Jamie McMurray
12. David Reutimann
13. Ward Burton
14. David Gilliland
15. Greg Biffle
16. David Ragan
17. Joe Nemechek
18. Matt Kenseth
19. Juan Pablo Montoya
20. Casey Mears
21. David Stremme
22. JJ Yeley

If the FULL-TIME Nextel Cup drivers were not allowed to compete in the Busch Series ...
the field would be much smaller because ONLY 19 Busch Series regulars are atttempting the race. :eek:

luvracin
21st February 2007, 15:35
If the FULL-TIME Nextel Cup drivers were not allowed to compete in the Busch Series ...
the field would be much smaller because ONLY 19 Busch Series regulars are atttempting the race. :eek:

Or maybe... the teams would employ more new drivers, which I thought was the whole point of the Busch series.

Sparky1329
21st February 2007, 16:02
Several teams closed up shop due to lack of sponsorship. There are a lot of talented drivers who can't find rides because of it. NASCAR needs to figure out how to fix this Buschwacker monster they created.

RaceFanStan
21st February 2007, 16:12
In years past, the Busch Series was a development series to Cup ...
however with the increased cost, the sponsors want recognition & results ...
this is remedied by putting Cup drivers in the seats of Busch Series cars.

If Cup drivers were not permitted to race in the Busch Series, many Cup teams would cut back to 1 Busch car.

If you look at the cost to the fan standpoint ...
a fan can see several of the Cup drivers in a Busch race for $20 to $45 ticket prices ...
If the fan goes to the Cup race, tickets prices are $60 to $120+ ...
so clearly the Busch Series offers the fan a lot of bang for his buck !

DEI8151
23rd February 2007, 22:34
cup drivers have always raced in the busch series, dont know what the problem is now

call_me_andrew
24th February 2007, 04:40
cup drivers have always raced in the busch series, dont know what the problem is now

Well back in the good, old days. They didn't run EVERY race and take up HALF the field.

DEI8151
24th February 2007, 05:30
there would only be about 20 drivers without the cup guys running it. roush RCR and hendrick send the most guys over.

DonnieDarco
24th February 2007, 19:15
I don't know how these guys do it, two races and quals in a single weekend!! They must be knackered :D

Jonesi
24th February 2007, 21:28
I don't know how these guys do it, two races and quals in a single weekend!! They must be knackered :D

As the drivers get closer/pass the age of 30, I think their desire to do that every week drops off. Also I think when they start running the CoT, if the cars run/feel too much different from the Busch car, then there's less reason to run Busch for the extra track time at those tracks.

dont_be_jack
25th February 2007, 01:58
As the drivers get closer/pass the age of 30, I think their desire to do that every week drops off. Also I think when they start running the CoT, if the cars run/feel too much different from the Busch car, then there's less reason to run Busch for the extra track time at those tracks.

I suspect you'll still get Buschwhackers even with the CoT. The feel might be different and the data won't help, but it's still track time as the lines won't change much and it's better to get as much time as possible to learn the bumps and more about the track. And the sponsors will always want a name they can attach their product to, even if it's just a Cup regular in a Busch car.

Sparky1329
25th February 2007, 06:37
It will be interesting to see how many entries there will be for Busch races that aren't companioned with a Cup race.

harvick#1
25th February 2007, 07:11
I was surprised not to see Bowyer running the 2 car at Cali.

blakebeatty
25th February 2007, 16:49
who really gives a **** about what driver is behind the wheel? i know that since i am from Canada (no where [geographically] near the south) that it costs me like $1500 to go spend Memorial Day Weekend in Charlotte. And what do i want for $1500? I want to see the best RACING that NASCAR can provide, and thus far, i have no complaints. Does not the fact that quality drivers are being sent home from Nextel Cup Races each weekend this year indicate that the talent is being well developed???

call_me_andrew
25th February 2007, 20:47
who really gives a **** about what driver is behind the wheel? i know that since i am from Canada (no where [geographically] near the south) that it costs me like $1500 to go spend Memorial Day Weekend in Charlotte. And what do i want for $1500? I want to see the best RACING that NASCAR can provide, and thus far, i have no complaints. Does not the fact that quality drivers are being sent home from Nextel Cup Races each weekend this year indicate that the talent is being well developed???

1. Charlotte is the best racing? Yikes. I'm not sure if I want to comment on a race full of cautions or a race that never seems to leave pit road.
2. I assume you have a very liberal definition of talent.

RaceFanStan
25th February 2007, 21:01
I was surprised not to see Bowyer running the 2 car at Cali.
I wasn't surprised, that was one heck of a crash & burn he did at the end of the Daytona 500 ! :eek:

Even though they say Bowyer was un-injured, they fail to tell you that his body is very sore.
That crash had to hurt no matter how much safety gear he was using. :s

jeffconn
28th February 2007, 01:56
It will be interesting to see how many entries there will be for Busch races that aren't companioned with a Cup race.

According to NASCAR.com, there are 42 entries for the Mexico 200. No bumping this week.
http://www.nascar.com/races/bg/2007/3/data/entry_list.html

DEI8151
28th February 2007, 06:14
the busch series is the busch series, cup drivers will always race in it because its less pressure racing and more fun.....and you get to race for a trophy.