PDA

View Full Version : X-Factor

MrJan
9th November 2009, 20:25
Why do people get so angry about this? If I log onto Facebook on a Sunday night or Monday morning the news bit consists mainly of people getting very angry about 2 Irish lads. I haven't seen any more than 30 seconds of this series but I still know that Jedward are 2 Irish twins who apparently can't sing but keep staying in because either a)the whole of Ireland votes for them or b)it's a conspiracy.

This morning people seem to have a grudge against Simon COwell for something he did/didn't do but could have. I just can't fathom why people are so obsessed and upset by a show for people with very little talent but whose voice sounds fairly good after a twiddle on the autotune machine.

GridGirl
9th November 2009, 20:53
I'm with you Jan Yeo. I fell I should be absolutely outraged but as I don't watch X Factor I don't have a clue why. I thought about YouTubeing it at lunchtime but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. I'm waiting for the 'Free Deidre Rachide' style anti X Factor campaign.

Daniel
9th November 2009, 21:59
Couldn't agree more.

Dave B
10th November 2009, 08:05
People need to get their heads round the fact that X-Factor is not - and has never been - a talent contest, rather it's a money-making exercise for Simon Cowell. Once they accept that basic truth then everything falls into place.

The only aspect of this whole thing which amazes me is the amount of people complaining that Alesha Dixon wasn't sufficiently qualified to be a judge on Strictly. Have these same people not heard Cheryl Cole attempt to sing?

By the way, have a listen to the Stones' version of Wild Horses and then come back and tell me that Susan Boyle deserves all the praise heaped upon her. She's a decent enough singer, but as with all these cover versions it's just so bland and soul-less.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th November 2009, 13:39
I am worried about the X-Factor and what it is doing to the British public. Since when was karaokee entertaining?

Daniel
10th November 2009, 14:14
I am worried about the X-Factor and what it is doing to the British public. Since when was karaokee entertaining?
You've never been around pished people doing karaoke?

Brown, Jon Brow
10th November 2009, 14:21
You've never been around pished people doing karaoke?

Yes! It's awful. I only go to places that never have karaoke.

Daniel
10th November 2009, 14:24
Singstar on the PS3 is the best party game ever invented..
Alcohol + Karaoke = Exhibitionism :up:

I'm with you there Daniel ;)
Yeah :) There are always songs that people know well but don't actually know the lyrics 100% like We built this city by Jefferson Starship and then there's always some clot who chooses something with a big guitar solo and always ends up standing there like a clot while the guitar is twiddling away or worse yet attempts air guitar :mark:

Daniel
10th November 2009, 14:24
Yes! It's awful. I only go to places that never have karaoke.
Dead funny to watch though :D Only ever been to a Karaoke bar once and it was hilariously bad :D

Garry Walker
11th November 2009, 00:52
I am surprised people still watch those "reality" shows, do people have no lives at all?

Daniel
11th November 2009, 08:43
I am surprised people still watch those "reality" shows, do people have no lives at all?
Of course not Garry.

11th November 2009, 13:02
John & Edward just prove that the people of Eastern Europe rushed into demolishing the Berlin Wall without fully thinking it through.

Lousada
11th November 2009, 13:47
People need to get their heads round the fact that X-Factor is not - and has never been - a talent contest, rather it's a money-making exercise for Simon Cowell. Once they accept that basic truth then everything falls into place.

The only aspect of this whole thing which amazes me is the amount of people complaining that Alesha Dixon wasn't sufficiently qualified to be a judge on Strictly. Have these same people not heard Cheryl Cole attempt to sing?

As you say, it's not a singing contest. Cheryl Cole cannot sing, but she has the 'X-Factor'.

Dave B
11th November 2009, 14:13
As in "she's so stick thin she looks like an X-ray"?

Daniel
11th November 2009, 14:15
As in "she's so stick thin she looks like an X-ray"?
Ah come on Dave, you can do better than that!

Hazell B
13th November 2009, 16:40

It's their own version of reality. They have no other version, on the whole :mark:

A few weeks ago I was almost dared to watch X Factor and planned to do so. There I sat, eager to see the one with big hair who's the only one I knew was on it ..... but after five songs I lost the will to live and went back to reading about gastric ulcers (yes, you read that right!).

Still not heard the two brothers sing. Don't want to.
I just hope Simon Cowell makes some cash from them - he clearly needs it :p :