PDA

View Full Version : Only 41 cars entered for California Busch race

RaikkonenRules
21st February 2007, 12:52
There are just 41 cars entered in this weekend's Calfornia race :(

Dave Blaney is in the #10 for Braun Racing, while Chad Blount is in the #32. John Andretti is not entered. Tony Stewart is in the #18 for Joe Gibbs. Jeff Green is entered in the #28. The driver of the #34 is again listed at Steve Grissom. Kertus Davis make his first appearance in the #77.

0 Eric McClure
1 J.J. Yeley
4 Regan Smith
5 Kyle Busch
6 David Ragan
7 Mike Wallace
9 Scott Riggs
10 Dave Blaney
12 Sam Hornish, Jr
14 Kyle Krisiloff
15 Paul Menard
16 Greg Biffle
17 Matt Kenseth
18 Tony Stewart
20 Denny Hamlin
21 Timothy Peters
22 David Stremme
23 Brad Keselowski
24 Casey Mears
25 David Gilliland
27 Ward Burton
28 Jeff Green
29 Jeff Burton
32 Chad Blount
33 Kevin Harvick
34 Steve Grissom
35 Bobby Hamilton
36 Brent Sherman
37 Jamie McMurray
38 Jason Leffler
41 Reed Sorenson
42 Juan Pablo Montoya
47 Jon Wood
59 Marcos Ambrose
60 Carl Edwards
66 Steve Wallace
77 Kertus Davis
87 Joe Nemechek
88 Shane Huffman
90 Stephen Leicht
99 David Reutimann

RaceFanStan
21st February 2007, 13:35
There are 2 spots left for the Busch Series AND Truck Series races.
There are only 34 trucks entered with 36 spots available.
I guess several NBS & CTS teams felt it was too expensive to travel to California. :eek:

cgs
21st February 2007, 14:15
and yet there are to many cup teams.... i guess people go where the money is.

does anyone know when the last time the field has been smaller than allowed in busch? i know the trucks had only 35 entrants late last year

Jonesi
21st February 2007, 19:12
I'll be surprised if the Busch field doesn't end up filled, at +$20k for last that's good money for some small team. Are the West series cars legal in Busch?
Also the Charlotte to Los Angeles to Mexico City to Las Vegas in three weeks is a bit of a tow.

cgs
21st February 2007, 20:13
i don't think anyone else is allowed to enter. the entries need to be in at least a week in advance

RaikkonenRules
21st February 2007, 20:55
and yet there are to many cup teams.... i guess people go where the money is.

does anyone know when the last time the field has been smaller than allowed in busch? i know the trucks had only 35 entrants late last year

Milwaukee last year, only 41 entries.

Alexamateo
21st February 2007, 20:57
i don't think anyone else is allowed to enter. the entries need to be in at least a week in advance

I believe thats to earn points.

Jonesi
22nd February 2007, 02:32
I believe thats to earn points.

Yes late entries are allowed (up to some point) they're labeled PE for Post Entry and don't receive series points.
However I've suspected there may be an exception for non full fields. About 4-5 years ago there were some rule changes for the Cup cars, and there was a shortage of legal updated cars for the first dozen or so races. Jayski posted entry lists of 40 or 41 cars for a few races, but by qualifing there were 43 cars. I don't think any of those cars were listed as PE & no points on any of those results pages.

slorydn1
22nd February 2007, 04:01
There are 2 spots left for the Busch Series AND Truck Series races.
There are only 34 trucks entered with 36 spots available.
I guess several NBS & CTS teams felt it was too expensive to travel to California. :eek:

Thats why I am proud to announce that I am enetering my
Craven County Motorsports Ford F-150 and my Joe Alcoke Chevy Monte Carlo in the truck and Busch race, respectively, with Stan as my crew chief and Hoss as my car chief for both races

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 04:03
what the hell about me :p :

I'm stuck on Pit Road duties, or will the car and truck not make it that far :p :

slorydn1
22nd February 2007, 04:09
what the hell about me :p :

I'm stuck on Pit Road duties, or will the car and truck not make it that far :p :

Nah, sorry, I figured you could be my spotter since Billy will be tied up spotting for Harvick...

harvick#1
22nd February 2007, 04:12
I'll be sure to tell you where Kyle Busch is so you can wreck him :D

slorydn1
22nd February 2007, 04:33
I'll be sure to tell you where Kyle Busch is so you can wreck him :D

With Pleasure!

Jonesi
22nd February 2007, 04:47
Craven County Motorsports Ford F-150 and my Joe Alcoke Chevy Monte Carlo in the truck and Busch race, respectively, with Stan as my crew chief and Hoss as my car chief for both races

Can you handle the fines when they don't pass tech? ;-)

Sparky1329
22nd February 2007, 05:00

All right! I'll be cheering for ya. :D

RaceFanStan
22nd February 2007, 05:08
Thats why I am proud to announce that I am entering my Craven County Motorsports Ford F-150
and my Joe Alcoke Chevy Monte Carlo in the truck and Busch race, respectively,
with Stan as my crew chief and Hoss as my car chief for both races
:laugh: :up:

Hoss Ghoul
22nd February 2007, 05:33
:s mokin: Excellent slo, I'll drive down there to meet your first thing tomorrow morning.

RaikkonenRules
22nd February 2007, 13:09

Hey can I be in your pit crew then.

Alexamateo
22nd February 2007, 13:48
Hey can I be in your pit crew then.

http://travel.travelocity.com/flights/AirSearch.do?SEQ=11721515840291222007

Better hurry! :D

RaikkonenRules
22nd February 2007, 17:51
Morgan Shepherd will drive a second Davis Motorsports entry in Saturday’s Busch Series race at California. (jayski.com)

inimitablestoo
22nd February 2007, 20:15
I can't help feeling that any series with "only" 41 cars entered for a race isn't in such bad shape... :)

gary_580
22nd February 2007, 20:30
but when you consider how many of those drivers are cup drivers, it cant be considered to be in that good a shape

Hoss Ghoul
22nd February 2007, 22:37
but when you consider how many of those drivers are cup drivers, it cant be considered to be in that good a shape

On the other hand, most of those Cup guys are only in the car part-time, with the rest of the races(and money) being spent by their Cup teams on new talent in the Busch, CTS, ARCA, and local bullrings(stock cars and open wheel). The Cup guys bring in a big time sponsor, run 12 races or whatever, and then a development guy fills out the rest of the schedule.

ms0362
23rd February 2007, 03:41
"Scenes of things to come".... to much expense, fewer sponsors willing to fork over millions of bucks.

call_me_andrew
23rd February 2007, 05:52
This field needs more filling than a hot pocket.

I've been sitting here for 5 mintues and that's the best thing I could think of.

tstran17_88
23rd February 2007, 18:31
Craven County Motorsports Ford F-150 and my Joe Alcoke Chevy Monte Carlo in the truck and Busch race, respectively, with Stan as my crew chief and Hoss as my car chief for both racesNeed a good team engineer, Slo? :D