PDA

View Full Version : Team orders

cosmicpanda
7th November 2009, 01:20
These seem to be getting pretty ridiculous this year. Can the FIA do anything about them?

N.O.T
7th November 2009, 01:56
no

Juha_Koo
7th November 2009, 02:41
No. And why they even should? Or actually FIA could ban teams - that would solve the problem.

But as long there are teams in rallying, there will be team orders. I don't see anything bad in them even though for somebody it's like a red rag to a bull.

I've never seen rally as a a sport of one, but as a sport of many. To begin - there are two people in the car that form a crew. Team (mechanics, catering, physiologists, etc.) takes care of that crew and their car. They come to compete in a competition that is made by myriads of people. And they compete against other crews and teams.

Just like in society: you can't have rights without resposibilities. In rallying you, as a driver, have a right to get your car fixed by the team. But that again means that you'll sometimes have to play for the team. Otherwise you'll get kicked out. Team orders have always been a part of the sport. There's really no point trying to overthrow this.

StevieWonder
7th November 2009, 03:17
nevertheless the starting orders should be changed anyway - e.g. starting with 10ht, 9th, .... 1st

ShiftingGears
7th November 2009, 09:13
They aren't bad, I don't think. Besides, no team orders this year compare to Lancia's team orders in the 1987 Monte Carlo. They ordered Kankkunen to pull over for Biasion...in the first rally of the season. At least team orders this year involved assisting a teammate who was in title contention, not being ordered to pull over for no other reason than the team wanting the other driver to win instead.

Barreis
7th November 2009, 11:59
The same at ford team on MC rally when they told Duval to let Martin infront of him on first rally of the season..

Langdale Forest
12th November 2009, 07:17
We should kick out any team boss who gives team orders because it is wrecking the WRC.

macksrallye
12th November 2009, 07:46
You will never get rid of team orders. The only thing that is possible is to make them extremely hard to use successfully (in their current guise) & supply other forms of tactics/team orders (such as choosing start position for following day) that encourage "tactics" not "orders".

Juha_Koo
12th November 2009, 08:13
We should kick out any team boss who gives team orders because it is wrecking the WRC.

I really do hope that was bad humour...

You will never get rid of team orders.

:up:

AndyRAC
12th November 2009, 08:46
Team orders have always been in Motorsport, and always will be (I think). The big problem is that there are only 2 Manufacturers, but we have Factory teams, semi Works/Privateers teams who can be manipulated to suit the Factory team - as seen in Corsica 2008 with Ford, and Poland 2009 with Citroen. If there were other Manufacturers, this would lessen the chances of these ridiculous swopping of positions.

JAM
12th November 2009, 14:16
We have teams on the WRC, right?

Then teh solution is to ban teams from the WRC. Otherwise you are saying what the others should do at her home.