PDA

View Full Version : Miller say Hunter-Reay to AGR

NickFalzone
5th November 2009, 04:30
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-rhr-to-agr/

F1boat
5th November 2009, 16:25
I hope that this is true. Ryan deserves it.

Chamoo
5th November 2009, 17:01
I think we have 3 options here in regards to the Formula Dream money, in no particular order.

a) AGR expands to 5 cars and runs TK, DP, MA, HM, and RHR.
b) Formula Dream moves to the new de Ferran Motorsports team that has been very quiet lately.
c) Formula Dream moves to a 1 car ICS team and grows it to a 2 car team. KVRT, HVM, and Panther come to mind.

Congratulations to RHR if this does come to pass. Let's not forget that this deal is not done yet.

Dr. Krogshöj
5th November 2009, 18:30
Moving from a backmarker team to the best midfielder team - good for Ryan.

DBell
6th November 2009, 05:05
I hope that this is true. Ryan deserves it.

I second that. He doesn't need or deserve another year with the hopeless Foyt team.

indyracefan
6th November 2009, 05:09
I think we have 3 options here in regards to the Formula Dream money, in no particular order.

a) AGR expands to 5 cars and runs TK, DP, MA, HM, and RHR.
b) Formula Dream moves to the new de Ferran Motorsports team that has been very quiet lately.
c) Formula Dream moves to a 1 car ICS team and grows it to a 2 car team. KVRT, HVM, and Panther come to mind.

Congratulations to RHR if this does come to pass. Let's not forget that this deal is not done yet.

There's actually two more options;

d) Formula Dream scales back their sponsorship to associate level pairing with another sponsor at AGR or another team.
e) Formula Dream disappears altogether.

Chamoo
6th November 2009, 14:17
There's actually two more options;

d) Formula Dream scales back their sponsorship to associate level pairing with another sponsor at AGR or another team.
e) Formula Dream disappears altogether.

You're right. However, I doubt they scale back to associate level with anyone unless they hire a Japanese driver. The Formula Dream money is geared towards finding and helping a Japanese driver who can win Indy and the IRL Championship. Honda wants a Japanese man who can win races, and they aren't going to use that money to sponsor an American at a lower level.

Jag_Warrior
8th November 2009, 17:50
The Formula Dream money is geared towards finding and helping a Japanese driver who can win Indy and the IRL Championship. Honda wants a Japanese man who can win races, and they aren't going to use that money to sponsor an American at a lower level.

They might want to call Kamui Kobayashi then, while things are looking iffy for him in F1. Who knows how he would adapt to these cars and oval racing? But that dude has big, cast iron ba... er, attachments. Seriously.

indyracefan
8th November 2009, 19:38
If RHR does end up at AGR and takes Mutoh's seat,will they change the number from 27 to the 37 that IZOD has used in their ads?

Chamoo
8th November 2009, 20:13
They might want to call Kamui Kobayashi then, while things are looking iffy for him in F1. Who knows how he would adapt to these cars and oval racing? But that dude has big, cast iron ba... er, attachments. Seriously.

Would love to see him come over to the IRL, however, he would probably be first in line for the rumored Toyota Le Mans drive in 2010. He would be exciting, but like you say, who knows if he would adapt. You're right, he does have the attachments to attack the ovals that some of the foreigners don't.

As for indyracefan, I would think with Izod throwing a bunch of money behind RHR for a ride in 2010, I would think that would be a part of the deal, and rightfully so.