PDA

View Full Version : Motorfest

acorn
21st February 2007, 13:44
it's reported that the organisers of this years motorfest at rockingham in september may have jumped the gun a bit when saying that grass trackers would be included.

apparently they omitted to consult nasa who have warned their license holders that they will be banned from racing in 2008 if they appear at rockingham. the effect on grid sizes at same day events is cited as the reason. motorfest organisers are now trying to sort the situation.

Abo
21st February 2007, 14:35
'they will be banned from racing in 2008 if they appear at rockingham'

Petty *******s

cgs
21st February 2007, 15:12
have i missed something?

inamo
21st February 2007, 15:23
Where would you "grasstrack" at Rockingham anyway?

SteveA
21st February 2007, 15:53
Consult NASA? Is this Space Shuttle racing? ;)

Dave17
21st February 2007, 16:51
Not a great loss. Last year the program was pretty packed as it was .

acorn
21st February 2007, 17:59
have i missed something?

obviously ;)

this is the webpage which as usual doesn't contain much at the moment:

http://www.motorfest.co.uk/

acorn
21st February 2007, 18:02

as far as i know nobody has said they would racing on grass. they have regularly appeared in the live action arena at autosport international and i believe they were also on the tarmac at the oval expo at arena essex this year.

deadsquirrel
21st February 2007, 18:31
as far as i know nobody has said they would racing on grass. they have regularly appeared in the live action arena at autosport international and i believe they were also on the tarmac at the oval expo at arena essex this year.

thay also used to have a one off tarmac day at Hednesford. They are good to watch but frighteningly quick and unstable

racing59
21st February 2007, 22:46
Regardless of that, NASA (National Autograss Speed Association - or summat like that) are experts at shooting themselves in the foot, and coming out with gems like this.

I toyed with the idea of bringing a US Dirt racing car over as part of a deal for an engine. I contacted NASA about running it at our local club, either in Class 10 (unlimited specials), or doing demo runs for the crowd.

They came back with a list of so many things that I couldn't do, not "thank you for thinking about helping promote autograss racing", but more like go forth and leave us to implode on our own.

So. I decided to forget it. It might have been a bit of fun - nothing serious.

Rob.

LessThanSte
22nd February 2007, 01:04

On the grass?

Consult NASA? Is this Space Shuttle racing? ;)

Glad im not the only one who thought that!

Al_Green
22nd February 2007, 02:01
From what I read in the MN article, the problem isn't with Autograssers doing things away from the NASA organised events, as long as it's not clashing with their regular season meetings (so promoting your sport at Autosport in January is fine, but promoting your sport at Rockingham in September isn't)

Like Abo said above, it's a bit Richard & Kyle

Al.

JDPower
22nd February 2007, 02:24
this is the webpage which as usual doesn't contain much at the moment:

http://www.motorfest.co.uk/
Not sure about that tag line - "Are you rock hard?" Oo-er :p

Nick Brad
26th February 2007, 14:39
Slightly off topic atm, but is there any mention of the Baby Grands/RTS coming to Motorfest in 07? I wasn't at Oval fest last year so I don't know if they were there, but I'd love to see them there this year racing competitively, we've wanted it in the past, but MSA regulations - safety considerations - detonating engines and so on have all conspired to keep them away from racing at Rockingham in the past, but the 0.6 mile oval would be ideal surely.

Whilst I'm at it, we lost the stage and fairground to an expanse of tarmac, so why not utilise it? Have displays on from all promotors in the UK as well as trade stands out the back of the Rockingham building, I used to enjoy the lunch breaks back when I was a mere spectator as it allowed me to A) stretch my legs and move seats for the afternoon session and B) browse round the stands at the back of turn 1 for some bargains.