PDA

View Full Version : Who is you Fav?

GP2 Babe
21st February 2007, 13:39
Hi All

So who are your fav drivers/teams. I am a big ISport Fan, Glock is awsome and I have high hopes for Zuber this season. Viso may not have had fantastic results but was steady and kept the points coming in!!

Mihai
21st February 2007, 21:21
Bruno Senna, of course!

Fankles
3rd April 2007, 00:06
Is this who I think it is? iSport all the way.

jens
3rd April 2007, 19:44
My favourites are Timo Glock (his distinguished performance at Jordan in 2004 showed that he deserves another chance in F1) and the hope of the new Japanese drivers' generation - Kohei Hirate.
:)

Hayden Fan
3rd April 2007, 21:25
How do you make one post and be banned? That takes skill.

murrayfan
4th April 2007, 12:40
Mike Conway Cos He Ran Away With The F3 Title Last Year And I Think He Will Do It In Gp2 Aswell :)

Haddock
5th April 2007, 20:52
Timo Glock.

And of the new boys, Soucek and Maldonado look like they might be ones to watch.

Not as talented a field as in the last couple of years though, imho.

sukabumi
8th August 2007, 18:20
Kazuki Nakajima and Timo Glock

Kata89
19th August 2007, 12:39
Adam Carroll

Dragon76
28th August 2007, 23:57
Adrian Zaugg definately! Give him the support he needs and the future is before him

seppefan
9th September 2007, 21:31
Adam Carroll

YES.

William Hunt
6th December 2007, 23:25
My favorite last year was Kazuki Nakajima because of his attacking style and he really impressed me with his pace in Silverstone, we should not forget that he was a rookie. I also like many other drivers though, especially Filippi, Glock and who doesn't like Bruno Senna? I also like Lapièrre, he has often been unlucky but also can make silly mistakes sometimes but when he has a good day he can be extremely fast.

Allyc85
27th December 2007, 14:12
My favourite driver is Adam Carroll. A very fast and exciting driver to watch :)

Osella
6th January 2008, 23:34
and who doesn't like Bruno Senna?

Me ;) His racing in F3 was questionable at times, let's put it that way..I just don't think he's that good, certainly not when compared to Glock who showed in one race that he deserves a place in F1. My current favourite this year is Adam Carroll, who I think has shown much better than his results suggest.

I'm hoping Marko Asmer gets in there soon too, before he gets forgotten about.

RaikkonenRules
27th January 2008, 18:54
Hope Asmer's in next year. I want Bruno Senna to win.

jens
21st April 2008, 19:32
New season, new drivers. Don't have a clear favourite at the moment, but instead of this maybe a group of drivers I'd like to see doing well - Grosjean, Buemi, Chandhok, Valles.

Nikki Katz
21st April 2008, 22:16
I was really impressed by Soucek at the end of last year and that Asia race that he did, which is why I'm a bit bummed that he's been dropped in favour of Rodriguez a few days before the race.
I think that Grosjean has to be the favourite this year even if the cars are different and he hasn't been to all the tracks. Fillipi had some really really bad luck but ultimately he just wasn't as consistent in GP2 Asia. Senna's good but he doesn't have the experience of some of most of the other front-runners, so I doubt that he'll be a serious threat to the championship. I don't think he necessarily has to win to make it into F1 (Nakajima certainly didn't), but it would be horrible if he landed an F1 seat and did really badly.

patnicholls
22nd April 2008, 00:58
After dominating GP2 Asia, Grosjean has to be a strong favourite for the title.

Senna, Petrov and Luca Filippi (despite his woeful Asian series; he's with ART for the main) will be up there for second along with the not-in-Asia Racing Engineering pair of Javier Villa and Giorgio Pantano. Although then again, the DAMS pair of Kobayashi and D'Ambrosio look good. And last year's WSbR top two Parente and Hanley. And Adrian Valles. Oh and Arden with Buemi and Buurman. And Chandhok for iSport. And Valsecchi for Durango was pretty consistent in Asia.

In short, I don't know! :p

Likewise Nikki, I'm annoyed about the dropping of Andy Soucek - who was very impressive towards the end of last year - in favour of Roldan Rodriguez. Not least because I set up the Pickems League yesterday!

Nikki Katz
7th May 2008, 19:56
I thought that with the lineup being announced so quickly last year that there would be a little more stability in the lineup this year, but seemingly not! Still, at least we have Carroll and Soucek back (at least for one weekend), so probably a gain really.
I feel a bit sorry for Bakkerud but he should really retire from open wheel. He'd obviously not over his back problems which made him look painfully slow (Fauzy, who himself had no GP2 points prior to Asia, made him look very silly), and now he's out injured again after leaving the last race on a stretcher after what seemed like a minor accident.

Haddock
22nd May 2008, 22:00
Favourite drivers?

I rate Soucek, - it's a real shame he hasn't got a decent drive. I'd love to see Parente do well - he was very quick in British F3 a few years back and won his debut race. Hasn't looked so great since then.

Petrov has a kind of raw aggression that impresses, and Pastor Maldonado is always worth watching for his sheer unpredictability!

JRodrigues
24th May 2008, 16:38
Álvaro Parente, of course.. He's showing he's a great driver, and won the WSR last year whithout any sponsors! And first win in the first race in GP2. He's also showing tremendous pace for a rookie in GP2 this weekend at Monaco. :D

jens
24th May 2008, 17:42
I have been impressed by Parente too and I am starting to like him more and more. Former British F3 champ, who meanwhile seemed to be in financial troubles and looked off the radar, is again becoming a serious contender for a future F1 drive. Good luck! :up:

patnicholls
25th May 2008, 00:41
Yep, am a fan of Alvaro Parente this end too - very tidy and fast driver and as mentioned above has sometimes had trouble getting money behind him, so glad to see him going places and possibly putting himself on a few F1 teams 'ones to watch' lists.

I like Vitaly Petrov too, good agressive style, quick and entertaining to watch.

And a quick word for Mike Conway who got a dominant win today in Monaco - he's not had much luck in one-and-a-bit years of GP2 but things are starting to turn around for him which is encouraging. He did of course beat Bruno Senna in British F3 so he's always had potential.

The guy who's suffering this year is Luca Filippi who took a win and five other podiums last year on his way to fourth overall, but has yet to get anywhere near a point in the second ART car which is bizarre. His luck seems to have disappeared since being disqualified from a win in the Asia series after his team gave him his team-mate's tyres at the pitstop!

Nikki Katz
25th May 2008, 02:12
The guy who's suffering this year is Luca Filippi who took a win and five other podiums last year on his way to fourth overall, but has yet to get anywhere near a point in the second ART car which is bizarre. His luck seems to have disappeared since being disqualified from a win in the Asia series after his team gave him his team-mate's tyres at the pitstop!
Although that is true, I don't that that it's just down to luck. Fillipi certainly had a bad run of luck in the Asian series despite some impressive performances, but by the end he was roughly where he is now - a midfield driver that makes a lot of errors.
I think that he's just let the pressure get to him. He was outscored by that unknown Japanese teammate he had in the Asian series, I doubt that partnering with the champion is really great for his confidence. Still, I guess it's better that this comes out now rather than later; it looked like fore a period he was on for Davidson's seat at Super Aguri this season. It would have been horrible if he performed that badly with so many people watching.

6th July 2008, 00:11
At Maple Story (http://www.mesos-maple.com) World, hunting and engaging in battles are not the only options you'll have.You can explore a totally new and unknown world you have never been to, put on beautiful clothes and gorgeous accessories, and even attract other users in the process. You may begin the journey to explore the world of unknown alone, but you may come out on the other end with numerous new friends through hunting and chatting. If you're tired of hunting and competition, how about playing minigames with a friend for a change? You'll become a brave adventurer protecting the Maple World, and if you're exhausted from all the intense battles and competition, you may one day build your own house at a quiet rural village, enjoying the life of a recluse who welcomes visitors.At Maple Island, you will learn from the NPC's simple hunting skills and basic control of the game to help you ease into the game. Then, you'll board the ship that heads to Victoria Island, and that's where your journey REALLY begins. From Lith Harbor that welcomes you from a long journey from Maple story (http://www.cheap-mesos.com) Island, you'll run into such fascinating towns as Henesys - the village of bowmen with comfy mushroom-shaped houses gathered together; Ellinia - the village of magicians with mysterious spells embedded between tall trees; Perion - the village of warriors with the fighting spirit typical of the Indians living in highlands; and Kerning City - the village of thieves that reminds you of the back alleys of dark cities. You'll be playing the game at Victoria Island where all these diverse and unique towns and fields coexist.Here, you are going to be just a regular gamer hunting down monsters and protecting yourself in the process. You'll be given 4 paths to choose from, 4 that will define your life in MapleStory: Warrior, Bowman, Thief, and Magician. Through leveling up and meeting some requirements, you'll be able to make job advancements and nurture your character in your own, unique way. Cheap-mesos.com (http://www.cheap-mesos.com) is an exchange site designed specifically for maple story mesos (http://www.cheap-mesos.com) and items trading. Our specialty is to make a long-term relationship among maple story players. In meeting the demands of game players to buy, sell and trade maple story mesos (http://www.mesos-maple.com) and items, Cheap-mesos.com provides players with fast transactions, 24-hour customer service and payment security guaranteed. Cheap-mesos.com is absorbed in improving services for maple story player and gaining more enjoyable gaming experience. We believe that trust is the fabric to our success and the loyalty to our customers. Once you come to our website for the first time, you will come to it every time. Our mission is to provide maple story mesos and items for you with fast and friendly delivery in a safe and enjoyable environment. We will try to be one of the world's leading providers in value-added services to the players.

dc10
6th July 2008, 00:32
Where are the mods. What's all this rubbish got to do with GP2?

Nikki Katz
16th July 2008, 22:57
Filippi's gone now. I guess it was inevitable but I'm still surprised just how badly he's done this season. At the end of last year he was probably one of the favourites for the championship. He came 4th last year in a smaller team and did well in GP2 Asia in a totally new team up until the point he was disqualified from the win. Since then he's tended to qualify midfield and crash out at the first corner.
He's replaced by Yamamoto. Oh well...

jens
17th July 2008, 00:11
Haha. This is amazing, how always, when someone is sacked (2006 SA - Ide, 2007 Spyker - Albers, now Filippi in GP2), Sakon is da man, who comes in as a replacement. Yeah, he may have money and stuff to offer, but still amazing, how it's always him, how appears to make a comeback again. :D

About ART. Well, the stuff we have seen in F1, seems to become familiar in GP2 too. Arguable favoritism within the team and schisms. French ART is the team, who has been suspected of favoring Grosjean, leading to the departure of Filippi from the team.

Well, Filippi was clearly more remarkable last year, so I can't believe he has lost his skills overnight, so there might be some intrateam politics within ART indeed.

Gpupdate.net has confirmed that Filippi will replace Buurman at Arden. Now it's time for Filippi to prove all the doubters wrong and it really was ART's, not his fault. He will drive alongside Buemi, quite a competitive driver, and Filippi has to shine against him to keep his career options open.

Nikki Katz
17th July 2008, 23:19
I guess it is possible that ART just threw all their weight behind one driver. Surely last year Ammermuller was one of the favourites, and he fared even worse (admittedly partly through injury). Buemi wasn't exactly great as a replacement, and now, at the team Fillipi is going to move to, he's 3rd in the championship.
But I still think that most of Fillipi's lack of points are from crashing out rather than being slow.

Nikki Katz
1st August 2008, 19:30
Actually, looking at Filippi's qualifying times today I'd be surprised if he lasts the rest of the season assuming there was nothing specific wrong; he's only marginally ahead of Herck!

I hope Asmer gets better too, he's looked badly outclassed by, well, everyone so far. He's the reigning British F3 champion isn't he?

jens
1st August 2008, 20:19
I hope Asmer gets better too, he's looked badly outclassed by, well, everyone so far. He's the reigning British F3 champion isn't he?

Yes, he has been struggling so far, but I view 2008 more as a build-up year and the results should come in 2009. I'm quite confident that he has abilities for more. Let's recall Buemi. Second in F3 EuroSeries in 2007, in addition raced last year in GP2 for half a season and was really struggling - as a result scored no points. However, his F3 performance showed that he has talent for more, which he is showing now. Probably the same case with Marko, although it would be a help if he was more adaptable.

About Filippi. Actually his replacement Yamamoto, who is quite lowly rated driver to be honest, isn't performing worse than previously Filippi did at ART (12th on the grid for the second GP2 weekend in a row) - so it doesn't look good for Luca at all.

14th September 2008, 23:11
Nude-calendar 1177, human and Shouzu the third "Battle of Lawson," Lawson barriers on the ground before the start of the Gap. Runescape Gold (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-gold/runescape-gold.php)This is a historic campaign, the campaign is "human beast seven years of war" in the first three major campaigns, the history of bare-called "people's car used to launch the war." Runescape Power leveling (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-power-leveling/runescape-power-leveling.php)Because, the bare-three million migrant workers has made in a month-20,000 warships, and timely expansion to the navy,Runescape Powerleveling (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-power-leveling/runescape-power-leveling.php) so that mankind has made the absolute superiority in the sea, with both sides of the back to. And the barren Shouzufengru the mainland until the 37th of the people of God the outbreak of war. runescape shop (http://www.runescape-shop.com/)And it is precisely because of this campaign, the first time in the bare-war history, referred to the "Portland Ruo-yun," the name, many historians experts to the expansion of the war of special significance. Some people even said that, if not the war, as there will be a great hero was inspired by, of course, will be impossible for a human return to the mainland seven glorious history. age of conan power leveling (http://www.aoc-power-leveling.org)Moreover, we said to this great man, in this war also made a bit of good results? Runescape Gold Farm (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-gold-farm/runescape-gold-farm.php)Portland Ruo-yun from Lawson on the Fort Fangyanwangqu, with both sides of the narrow ground to beat the Shouzu row over the army. aoc power leveling (http://www.aoc-power-leveling.org)A tall face of ferocious ethnic people Zhengning the claws, but the body is more moderate and flexible people who foot, body, wrapped in a layer of black scales in the long tentacles of the Long Tuzhuo ethnic people. Of course, the master control of the air wing wizard and although their number less, but also with the team in the final, when prone radio ready siege of human soldiers guarding the wall. buy age of conan power leveling (http://www.aoc-power-leveling.org)Mankind's troops began to open Lawson barriers, 200,000 of the green collar Tieqi, hidden in two wings of the Tieqi second only to God bow of the 50,000 camp bow riders, and are in the final of the 300,000 Yazhen infantry. buy aoc power leveling (http://www.aoc-power-leveling.org)Interval between the two sides about two kilometers distance from each other to see the other side of the bright banner of omnipresent there shaking. Ma Si Ming and the anger of the arms occasionally break out the Runescape money (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-gold/runescape-gold.php)sound of the collision, but the two sides is almost non-soldiers heard voices, the silence before the war that is reinforced by the kind of Qishixiongxiong Fengyuyulai. Runescape Mini Game (http://www.runescape-shop.com/rs-mini-game/runescape-mini-game.php)The weather has also Laicourenao this time, to beat the dark clouds gradually from the Rs Power leveling (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-power-leveling/runescape-power-leveling.php) floating over the horizon, live coverage of the original is also clear skies, Yuan Yidian gradually so that the soldiers almost clear of each other's faces, the temperature suddenly dropped. So many people and irritable, even more tense over the past fainted. Rs Gold (http://www.runescape-shop.com/runescape-gold/runescape-gold.php)Line-up finish. Last night talk election effort a silvery white armor, general Pigua得不skin to stay one point, struggling carrying a spear, at the moment Lawson body trembling from the Fort-Ruo-yun, although aware that this time only The first student, is not played with, but on the battlefield or Sheyu powerful Shaqi, the lack of tension in the Tuiruan body.