PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Lineups (so far)

woody2goody
3rd November 2009, 00:22
So far we have:

Brawn: No drivers confirmed

Red Bull: Vettel (GER), Webber (AUS)

McLaren: Hamilton (GBR)

Ferrari: Massa (BRZ), Alonso (ESP)

Toyota: No drivers confirmed

Williams: Barrichello (BRZ), Hulkenberg (GER)

Renault: Kubica (POL)

Toro Rosso: No drivers confirmed

Force India: No drivers confirmed

Campos: Senna (BRZ)

US F1: No drivers confirmed

Manor: No drivers confirmed

(Sauber): No drivers confirmed

Still a lot of seats (some good ones at that) left to be filled for next season, which is unusual at this time of year.

The most likely confirmations to happen this month will probably be Button to stay at Brawn, Kobayashi at Toyota, Sutil, Liuzzi and the two Toro Rosso drivers, and in some cases even those aren't for certain.

It's a very silly season indeed!

aryan
3rd November 2009, 01:48
So far we have:

Brawn: No drivers confirmed

Red Bull: Vettel (GER), Webber (AUS)

McLaren: Hamilton (GBR)

Ferrari: Massa (BRZ), Alonso (ESP)

Toyota: No drivers confirmed

Williams: Barrichello (BRZ), Hulkenberg (GER)

Renault: Kubica (POL)

Toro Rosso: No drivers confirmed

Force India: No drivers confirmed

Campos: Senna (BRZ)

US F1: No drivers confirmed

Manor: No drivers confirmed

(Sauber): No drivers confirmed

Good list, but no Lotus in your list?

Sauber won't be on the grid next year. We should forget it.

N. Jones
3rd November 2009, 01:48
I'm not sure about the STR drivers as I haven't read anything about them.
I do agree that Sutil will probably stay on at Force India. Other than that it is going to be an interesting offseason!

SkyTom
3rd November 2009, 02:06
My predictions for 2010 are:

Brawn: Button, Rosberg

Red Bull: Vettel, Webber

McLaren: Hamilton, Raikkonen

Ferrari: Massa, Alonso

Toyota: Kobayashi, Heidfeld

Williams: Barrichello, Hulkenberg

Renault: Kubica, Glock

Toro Rosso: Buemi, ?

Force India: Sutil, Liuzzi

Campos: Senna, ?

US F1: Kovaleinen (Peter Windsor predicted great things for Heikki a few years back, so might well sign him)

Lotus: Trulli, Sato

Manor: No idea

Just predictions though, wonder if Nakajima will get another drive..maybe Klien will come back somewhere too

gloomyDAY
3rd November 2009, 02:27
I think this young man may have a shot at Manor.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/11/02/things-look-good-soucek-on-f1-hopes/

Mark
3rd November 2009, 08:50
I was just thinking that, driver confirmations are moving later and later in the year these. days. Quite often in the mid-90's the silly season would start in the middle of the year and pretty much all the major teams would have the lineups for the following year confirmed 3 or 4 races before the end of the season.

N. Jones
3rd November 2009, 11:29
Crazy, isn't it? One thing that will probably speed up driver signings is the "no in-season testing" rule. The faster a driver can get in his new (or old) car and get the feel for it, the better off he and his team will be!

Mark
3rd November 2009, 11:55
When are they allowed to test? I was under the impression that there wasn't any testing permitted between the end of the season and the end of the year anyway?

Edit, yep

Track testing is banned 7 days before the first race of the season until the 31st of December.[/*:m:399qvuru]
Teams will be allowed to carry out three one day young driver training tests between the end of the last event of the Championship and 31 December of the same year. Drivers are eligible only if they have not competed in more than two F1 World Championship Events in the preceding 24 months or tested a Formula One car on more than four days in the same 24 month period.[/*:m:399qvuru]
Teams can also conduct eight one day aerodynamic tests carried out on FIA approved straight line or constant radius sites between 1 January 2009 and the end of the last Event of the 2009 Championship[/*:m:399qvuru]

Back in the 1990's drivers were usually contraced until 31st December anyway, so you'd read stories of them driving for the new team on New Years Day etc!

In 1996 there were pictures of Schumacher testing for Ferrari but wearing white overalls since he was still technically under contract to Benetton.

N. Jones
3rd November 2009, 15:50
Oh, I did not know that. Stupid rule in my opinion.

veeten
3rd November 2009, 17:05
I think this has a better way of looking at things for '10...

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21973.html

DazzlaF1
3rd November 2009, 17:58
My Prediction

BRAWN: 1. Jenson Button, 2. Nico Rosberg
RED BULL: 3. Sebastian Vettel, 4. Mark Webber
McLAREN: 5. Lewis Hamilton, 6. Kimi Raikkonen
FERRARI:7. Fernando Alonso, 8. Felipe Massa
TOYOTA: 9. Heikki Kovalainen, 10. Kamui Kobayashi
WILLIAMS: 14. Rubens Barrichello, 15. Niko Hulkenberg
RENAULT: 16. Timo Glock, 17. Robert Kubica
FORCE INDIA: 18. Adrian Sutil, 19. Vitantonio Liuzzi
TORO ROSSO: 20. Sebastien Buemi, 21. Jaime Alguersuari or Brendon Hartley
USF1: 22. Alexander Wurz or Takuma Sato, 23. <insert american driver here>
CAMPOS META: 24. Pedro De La Rosa, 25. Bruno Senna
MANOR / VIRGIN: 26. Anthony Davidson, 27. Adam Carroll
LOTUS: 28. Jarno Trulli, 29. Fairuz Fauzy

N. Jones
3rd November 2009, 18:15
I think this has a better way of looking at things for '10...

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21973.html

Yeah, I just read that story. di Grassi and Klien at Manor?? Ouch. I have this feeling that Jacques will be signed by USF1. Hmm.. Kovalianen and JV at USF1? Would Heikki go to a new team?

Trulli strongly rumored to Lotus.

N. Jones
3rd November 2009, 18:20
My predictions, excluding the three teams with both drivers confirmed (Red Bull, Ferrari, Williams):

Brawn - Button and Rosberg
McLaren - Hamilton and Raikkonen
Toyota - Kobayashi and Fisichella or Heidfeld
Renault - Kubica and Glock
Force India - Liuzzi and Sutil
STR - Buemi and Kovalainen or maybe Trulli. I think Jarno would be a good fit in STR
Campos Meta de la Rosa and Senna, who is comfirmed
Manor - I hear di Grassi and Klien. Can't remember hearing anyone else. Maybe Sato?
USF1 - Davidson and Villeneuve
Lotus - Trulli and Fauzy

N. Jones
3rd November 2009, 18:22
Oh! The former BMW outfit. Grandprix.com says that if they are in Heidfeld stays. IF they are the 14th team then Fisi goes to Toyota and Heidfeld is partnered by someone I don't know.

Easy Drifter
3rd November 2009, 18:31
It seems USF1 will not have an US driver as none are available that have or qualify for a Super Licence.
A slight oversight on the team principals.
It does give a little more (slim) likelihood of JV as he was born in N.A. and is known in N.A. because of Indy.

ioan
3rd November 2009, 18:39
Good list, but no Lotus in your list?

Sauber won't be on the grid next year. We should forget it.

I wonder if Lotus will be.

ioan
3rd November 2009, 18:40
It seems USF1 will not have an US driver as none are available that have or qualify for a Super Licence.
A slight oversight on the team principals.
It does give a little more (slim) likelihood of JV as he was born in N.A. and is known in N.A. because of Indy.

They can just give an American driver a few thousands kms of testing and he'll qualify for a superlicence. Problem is there is none capable of driving fast enough in F1.

club_soda
3rd November 2009, 19:18
Any news or rumors on Petrov? Will he be getting a F1 drive?

woody2goody
3rd November 2009, 19:38
Any news or rumors on Petrov? Will he be getting a F1 drive?

Petrov could still have a chance at a seat with Campos, but I reckon it will be de la Rosa.

eloyf1
3rd November 2009, 19:49
Petrov could still have a chance at a seat with Campos, but I reckon it will be de la Rosa.
No, according to Spanish F1 broadcaster, Campos will have no Spanish drivers for its first year... It's all about Petrov or Maldonado, depending of which one of them has the biggest wallet :(

Anyway, there could be a Spanish as test driver...
Antonio García was rumoured, and was already listed as Campos's driver for WTCC this year, but he hasn't driven a single seater since... 2001?
Roldán Rodríguez has money, so he could easily fill that place...
And Andy Soucek is very confident on finding an F1 ride next year...

woody2goody
3rd November 2009, 19:51
My predictions for 2010 are:

Brawn - 1. Button, 2. N Rosberg
Red Bull - 3. Vettel, 4. Webber
McLaren - 5. Hamilton, 6. Raikkonen
Ferrari - 7. Massa, 8. Alonso
Toyota - 9. Trulli, 10. Kobayashi
Williams - 11. Barrichello, 12. Hulkenburg
Renault - 14. Kubica, 15. Glock
Force India - 16. Sutil, 17. Liuzzi
Toro Rosso - 18. Buemi, 19. Alguersuari
USF1 - 20. Villeneuve, 21. Hildebrand
Campos - 22. de la Rosa, 23. Senna
Manor - 24. Davidson, 25. Nakajima
Lotus - 26. Heidfeld, 27. Sato

club_soda
3rd November 2009, 19:52
Yes most likely, his name is not mentioned anywhere in anything I've read so far for F1 future drives. Sucks, would've been nice to have a first Russian driver in 2010.

DazzlaF1
3rd November 2009, 20:40
No, according to Spanish F1 broadcaster, Campos will have no Spanish drivers for its first year... It's all about Petrov or Maldonado, depending of which one of them has the biggest wallet

If its between those Maldonado and Petrov, its no contest, i heard somewhere (cant remember where) that Petrov has a fortune of around £15million and can not only buy the drive but also bring in valuable sponsorship from Russia.

But it is dangerous going in with 2 rookies in your 1st season seeing as they already have Senna, de la Rosa in my view would be the much safer bet for their number 1 seat, maybe Petrov or Maldonado coulkd get the testers role.

N. Jones
3rd November 2009, 23:48
If its between those Maldonado and Petrov, its no contest, i heard somewhere (cant remember where) that Petrov has a fortune of around £15million and can not only buy the drive but also bring in valuable sponsorship from Russia.

But it is dangerous going in with 2 rookies in your 1st season seeing as they already have Senna, de la Rosa in my view would be the much safer bet for their number 1 seat, maybe Petrov or Maldonado coulkd get the testers role.

I agree. I think STR needs a veteran driver.

DazzlaF1
4th November 2009, 10:29
Well Toyota can be dropped off these lists now.. So can the same predictions about Toyota's line up be transferred over to Sauber?

Heidfeld & Kovalainen at Sauber, thats my thinking now.

N. Jones
4th November 2009, 11:25
My understanding is that Heidfeld will stay at whatever the former BMW teams is called.
What is this new team using for engines?

ClarkFan
4th November 2009, 15:26
Well since Williams is playing dog-in-the-manger about Rosberg, I hope that Brawn forbids Barrichello working with Williams until the day after his current contract expires. Williams needs to learn that nasty will be repaid with nasty. :mad:

ClarkFan

Mark
4th November 2009, 15:37
Well since Williams is playing dog-in-the-manger about Rosberg, I hope that Brawn forbids Barrichello working with Williams until the day after his current contract expires. Williams needs to learn that nasty will be repaid with nasty. :mad:

This is standard practice anyway.

UltimateDanGTR
4th November 2009, 17:19
I think Sauber have an agreement with Ferrari :)

which looks more likely now with no toyota. looks like williams were right.

woody2goody
4th November 2009, 17:53
I think Sauber have an agreement with Ferrari :)

Aren't they getting Petronas sponsorship as well?

If so, we'll have the old Sauber-Petronas back after only 4 years :)

F1boat
4th November 2009, 18:55
Aren't they getting Petronas sponsorship as well?

If so, we'll have the old Sauber-Petronas back after only 4 years :)

Yes, this will be cool, a good news after tons of bad news.

woody2goody
4th November 2009, 19:01
Yes, this will be cool, a good news after tons of bad news.

Well they were always well liked and well respected, so if they can be on the grid then great :) , especially with two of my favourite drivers.

F1boat
4th November 2009, 19:05
Well they were always well liked and well respected, so if they can be on the grid then great :) , especially with two of my favourite drivers.

Hamilton and Button??? ;)

woody2goody
4th November 2009, 19:15
Hamilton and Button??? ;)

Heidfeld and Klien ;)

But Hamilton and Button are in there somewhere :D

F1boat
4th November 2009, 19:30
Heidfeld and Klien ;)

But Hamilton and Button are in there somewhere :D

Nick is solid and Klien is a nice guy as well. Wish them well...

pettersolberg29
4th November 2009, 21:01
Heidfeld and Klien are my two favourite drivers, and the old Sauber-Petronas my favourite team. Would be a dream!

woody2goody
4th November 2009, 23:52
Heidfeld and Klien are my two favourite drivers, and the old Sauber-Petronas my favourite team. Would be a dream!

:)

jens
5th November 2009, 10:31
My prediction :p :

BGP: Button - Rosberg
RBR: Vettel - Webber
McL: Hamilton - Räikkönen
FER: Massa - Alonso
QAD: Heidfeld - Klien
WIL: Barrichello - Hülkenberg
REN: Kubica - Glock
FOR: Sutil - Liuzzi
STR: Buemi - Alguersuari
CAM: Senna - Petrov
MAN: di Grassi - Carroll
LOT: Trulli - Sato
USF1 won't make it to the grid.

Kovalainen could be somewhere too, although he said he doesn't want to join "a small team".

Dzeidzei
5th November 2009, 13:34

Kovalainen could be somewhere too, although he said he doesn't want to join "a small team".

Interestingly though, the Toyota boss who cried in the press conference (if you saw that) said that "we´ll try to do everything for our 2 contract drivers". Now which 2 did he mean? I thought Trulli didnt have a contract. Dunno about Glock. Had they already signed a new driver? Or 2 even?

jimakos
5th November 2009, 15:25

The best pair is with no doubt Hamilton with Raikkonen!!!
They will take for sure teams championship ;)
Red Bull also seems too strong but Ferrari won't have many possibilities to take the title!
Only Massa can do something good(if his accident let him)

Saint Devote
8th November 2009, 16:33
We will know exactly who is probably going to be on the Sakhir grid in 2010 soon because ALL teams should be doing there own crash tests at this stage because the FIA official tests begin in six weeks time or so.

If a team is not doing those tests at this stage it is already way behind schedule.

US F1 for example has not even begun its own tests, whereby the Brawn team has almost completed its program.

Saint Devote
8th November 2009, 16:43
At this stage I doubt there will be more cars on the grid with USF1, Toyota, BMW, Sauber not there. Campos and Lotus doubtful and even Renault uncertain.

I think the only definite teams for 2010 are Brawn, Red Bull, Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, Torro Rosso and Manor.

None of the others are certain.

I realize this is an outlook as pessimistic as Montezemolo's but that is also why I suspect he wants to be able to field a third car.

For me f1 is a driver's championship and if there are three Ferrari's for example it is even better.

Three cars have never been the most manageble but it has been done in the past with excellent racing resulting. And if a team can do it, why not? Better that than having different teams where most are no hopers and are lapped with 20 laps.

F1boat
8th November 2009, 18:15
I against three cars teams and hope that all new teams will make it. My opinion is that Lotus and Campos will be there :)

N. Jones
8th November 2009, 18:26
I think the four new teams will definitely be on the grid at Sakhir. Whether they finish out the y season is a different story...

Saint Devote
9th November 2009, 10:47
Of the four new teams Campos I see announced today that they have passed the FIA crash tests - chassis by Dallara.

So I have to add Campos to the list.

USF1 has not even begun their tests so on their part I think they will not even be in the grid.

DazzlaF1
9th November 2009, 17:34
Of the four new teams Campos I see announced today that they have passed the FIA crash tests - chassis by Dallara.

USF1 has not even begun their tests so on their part I think they will not even be in the grid.

Didnt they get a glowing report from the FIA inspectors as recently as last month?

Each team will have different timescales in the build and testing of their cars, the fact that Campos have completed the crash-tests before USF1 in my view is no indication whatsoever that they may not be on the grid, its only when a team gets into a Lola 1997 style situation when i'd really doubt them.

DexDexter
9th November 2009, 19:33
I think the four new teams will definitely be on the grid at Sakhir. Whether they finish out the y season is a different story...

I agree, people are being too sceptical.

UltimateDanGTR
9th November 2009, 20:11
i too think all four new teams will be in Bahrain. all seem to be looking good and ready for next year.

how long they last is a different story though, but we are looking good for at least 22 cars next year (plus 4 new teams but minus BMW, Toyota and renault if they leave too.) hopefully the sauber effort can be present too, and of course i hope renault will still be there for a 26 car grid. whatever the case, more cars than this year is a good bet.

Saint Devote
10th November 2009, 00:23
Not skeptisim, but until each new team demonstrates tangible progess it is still not shown.

For example, Ross Brawn was very surprised that USF1 has not done any monocoque crash tests. Let alone that each team may have their own timetable but being behind at this stage is eyebrow raising.

Now Windsor can talk as much as he want but until they show some sort of car testing it remains talk.

It is the FIA over the years that has created this sort of approach and the way f1 is today - being behind one step is a real setback in racing today.

cos
10th November 2009, 00:33
Not skeptisim, but until each new team demonstrates tangible progess it is still not shown.

For example, Ross Brawn was very surprised that USF1 has not done any monocoque crash tests. Let alone that each team may have their own timetable but being behind at this stage is eyebrow raising.

AFAIK Brawn didn't make any quotes specifically regarding USF1, just general statements along the lines of "if a team didn't do their crash testing until the last moment then a 2010 entry would be quite difficult."

And per the FIA's deputy president for sport, USF1 have also sent their entry fee for 2010.

Saint Devote
10th November 2009, 01:00
AFAIK Brawn didn't make any quotes specifically regarding USF1, just general statements along the lines of "if a team didn't do their crash testing until the last moment then a 2010 entry would be quite difficult."

And per the FIA's deputy president for sport, USF1 have also sent their entry fee for 2010.

Ross Brawn is diplomatic enough to not mention names.

The team may have sent their entry money but there is no tangible evidence and the teams begin to test the cars in at least EIGHT weeks time.........

As usual time will tell. Frequently the tabloids are not wrong.

ClarkFan
12th November 2009, 21:46

Those teams may make the grid, but if they are far behind in their timelines they will not be well prepared and will be likely to struggle immensely. I agree with N Jones that the acid test will be how many of these teams finish the season.

Campos' decision to use Dallara may ultimately prove to be wise. Dallara may not give them a top tier chassis, but they are a professional race car engineering and building company that knows how to deliver a completed project on time.

ClarkFan

DazzlaF1
13th December 2009, 16:15
If the announcements over the next few days come to fruition, this should he how it lines up

McLAREN: 1. Button, 2. Hamilton
MERCEDES: 3. Rosberg, 4. M.Schumacher
RED BULL: 5. Vettel, 6. Webber
FERRARI: 7. Massa, 8. Alonso
WILLIAMS: 9. Barrichello, 10. Hulkenberg
RENAULT*: 11. Robert Kubica, 12. ???
FORCE INDIA: 14. Sutil, 15. Liuzzi
TORO ROSSO: 16. Buemi, 17. ???
LOTUS: 18. Trulli, 19. Kovalainen or Sato
CAMPOS META: 20. ???, 21. B.Senna
USF1: 22. ???, 23. ???
VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. di Grassi
SAUBER: 26. ???, 27. ???

In contention for the remaining seats
Alguersuari, Heidfeld, Fisichella, Grosjean, Sato or Kovalainen, Villeneuve, Petrov, Maldonado, Carroll, Davidson, Hildebrand, Souchek

* Could either be Renault or whoever they've sold up to

maximilian
13th December 2009, 18:50
I think we'd have to at least pencil in Lopez for the USF1 drive. And I wouldn't count out Kobayashi yet, either... :) Although, admittedly, I am not sure where he would fit in at this time...

Ent
14th December 2009, 01:54
Sato's management have announced he's out of the running for Lotus, so it's looking like Trulli and Kovalainen at Lotus.

CNR
14th December 2009, 05:26
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/sports/46443-lotus-f1-names-trulli-kovalainen-as-2010-drivers

Lotus F1 names Trulli, Kovalainen as 2010 drivers (http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/sports/46443-lotus-f1-names-trulli-kovalainen-as-2010-drivers)

callum122
14th December 2009, 06:55
Good luck to team Lotus.

leopard
14th December 2009, 07:10
Test driver seems to be good enough designation for the young rookie Fairuz.
He may be in presence to any race in case one of regular drivers being hindered to race for some reasons. Albeit Fairuz has the talent to drive speedy, at the moment he still need to sharpen acerbity of instinct to become great package of world F1 driver.
The team owner of Lotus might take a look at what I wrote here about Heikki, that Fairuz's performance is still a step behind Heikki... ;)

pettersolberg29
14th December 2009, 16:23
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but has anyone got Autosport Plus membership? Just wondered if you could tell me what Mr. Heidfeld had to say? I understand if you don't want to though ;)

DazzlaF1
14th December 2009, 17:29
I think we'd have to at least pencil in Lopez for the USF1 drive. And I wouldn't count out Kobayashi yet, either... :) Although, admittedly, I am not sure where he would fit in at this time...

I think he could end up at Sauber alongside Heidfeld, would be a good move on Peter Sauber's part if that were to happen.

Saint Devote
15th December 2009, 02:26

In November Peter Windsor wrote a strong defense of his team, the underlying message being that the doubters or skeptics are wrong and that USF1 WILL be on the grid come Sahkir in March 2010.

I doubt that Kubayashi will be one of the drivers. Alongside Lopez? The driver strength would be the weakest on the gird by far.

A team that has no attachment to an existing experienced racing entity AND drivers that have barely enough single seater experience to set up a car?

I don't think so.

Nevertheless given the amount of information and driver's so far disclosed by the other three teams and the credo that USF1 declared months ago it would live by, this quiet and silly driver possibility, with just over six weeks to go before the scheduled presentation at Jerez on January 30, does not engender confidence.

Ent
16th December 2009, 08:20
I think Kobayashi could end up at Sauber alongside Heidfeld, would be a good move on Peter Sauber's part if that were to happen.

Reports are coming in from Finnish media saying that Kobayashi has now been signed to Sauber.

truefan72
16th December 2009, 17:53
great move it is so

maximilian
16th December 2009, 19:58
How does it pan out now? I must be overlooking something, but here it goes...

McLAREN: 1. Button, 2. Hamilton (Paffet)
MERCEDES: 3. Rosberg, 4. M. Schumacher (Conway?)
RED BULL: 5. Vettel, 6. Webber (Ricciardo)
FERRARI: 7. Alonso, 8. Massa (Fisichella)
WILLIAMS: 9. Barrichello, 10. Hülkenberg (Soucek?)
RENAULT: 11. Kubica, 12. Villeneuve? Sato? Klien?
FORCE INDIA: 14. Sutil, 15. Liuzzi (di Resta)
TORO ROSSO: 16. Buemi, 17. Alguersuari
LOTUS: 18. Trulli, 19. Kovalainen (Fauzy)
CAMPOS META: 20. de la Rosa? Piquet? Petrov?, 21. Senna
USF1: 22. Piquet? Bourdais? Klien?, 23. Lopez
VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. di Grassi (Parente)
SAUBER: 26. Heidfeld, 27. Kobayashi (Baguette)

I get the feeling that drivers are reluctant to sign with USF1 due to the general feeling they won't make it to the grid... so perhaps the 13th entry will eventually go to:
STEFAN GP: ??? and ??? :)

pino
16th December 2009, 20:35
How does it pan out now? I must be overlooking something, but here it goes...

[B]TORO ROSSO: 16. Buemi, 17. Alguersuari

Have Toro Rosso confirmed Alguersuari ? don't think so.

maximilian
16th December 2009, 20:40
Not all of these have been confirmed, but they are "very likely"... I couldn't really think of any other great candidate to drive the Toro Rosso, unless it'll be Fisichella. Anybody have any other ideas?

Copse
16th December 2009, 21:12

So that was worth a comment, not the fact that there is no ? behind the name of a certain M. Schumacher? :) There should be. Nothing is announced.

jens
17th December 2009, 15:07
Toro Rosso would probably rush another rookie into F1 in exchange of Alguersuari - maybe Ricciardo?

maximilian
17th December 2009, 15:15
Toro Rosso would probably rush another rookie into F1 in exchange of Alguersuari - maybe Ricciardo?
I would LIKE to see him take that ride, but personally I think the only one Algaeboy would lose his ride to at this time would be Fisichella, as part of the whole Ferrari arrangement for Toro Rosso... I think Ricciardo has the Red Bull reserve seat locked up at this point, though. His performance at the Jerez tests is hard to ignore, but another season in the lower formulae would probably do him no harm before he takes the plunge. As much as I am no fan of Algaeboy, it would seem a bit harsh to not at least let him try a few rounds in 2010 before benching him to Ricciardo's benefit! :D I would put Fisichella in the car anytime over Algaeboy, though... but obviously there are forces at work that are often hard for a sensible race fan to understand :)

V12
17th December 2009, 16:17
The way I see it:

McLaren: Button, Hamilton
Mercedes: Rosberg, Schumacher/Heidfeld
Red Bull: Vettel, Webber
Ferrari: Massa, Alonso
Williams: Barrichello, Hulkenberg
Renault: Kubica, Grosjean?
Toro Rosso: Buemi, Alguersuari/Riccardo?
Lotus: Trulli, Kovalainen
Campos: Petrov/Maldonado?, Senna
USF1: Pfff.....erm, Lopez/Villeneuve/Davidson/erm... just picking names out of thin air apart from Lopez here.
Virgin: Glock, di Grassi
Sauber: Kobayashi, Heidfeld/Fisichella/Klien?

As well as USF1, I can't think of any obvious candidates for the other Renault alongside Kubica (and that's assuming he stays in light of the takeover), nobody just seems to fit in my mind. Grosjean in my mind didn't do enough to earn another shot but he's about the best I can think of right now (French, decent GP2 record)

maximilian
17th December 2009, 16:21
Kubica may huff and puff about the Renault takeover, but the fact is, he has NO other option, really... Sauber hiring Kobayashi pretty much closed that door for him, unless the Schumacher thing really doesn't happen. Otherwise it's presumably Heidfeld in that seat. So Kubica really has nowhere else to go...

I am "afraid" Tung may get the second Renault seat.... urgh! :(

Copse
17th December 2009, 17:43

Reading the Ricciardo thread, he has made it clear that he is not going to F1, not even GP2 this year. For his sake, I hope the people running the Red Bull young drivers programme respect that, and welcome his decision to stay out of the pool of sharks until he is experienced enough. Too many have been pushed too high, too fast by Red Bull, only to be ousted when their lack of experience showed. It'd be great if he could show them that working your way up the ranks will eventually make you a better F1-driver. Hopefully, they'll have the patience to keep supporting him.

Stuartf12007
17th December 2009, 17:55
i cant beleive every new team has overlooked Adam Carrol the guy is blisteringly fast, drives on the limit all the time and knows how to overtake.

jens
19th December 2009, 11:16
GPUpdate writes that Baguette is 96% sure of a Sauber race seat for next year. If true, it would be a bit surprising, because Peter has so far claimed he'd like an experienced driver alongside a youngster for 2010. Have financial issues forced to take a new approach? And if true, Heidfeld could be in trouble to find a drive for next year. Amus.de has written that arguably Heidfeld had an offer from Lotus, but he wanted to wait after Mercedes, so they had to go for Kovalainen in the end.

---

As for Carroll, I really don't know, why has this guy suddenly started to get hyped. :p : If you are talking about British drivers, who could really impress in F1, take a look at di Resta and Green, who have won Euro F3 and especially the latter one did it in dominant style back in '04. Carroll hasn't shown anything special to be considered as a "must" in F1. A1GP line-up wasn't that great either last season to prove anything.

DazzlaF1
19th December 2009, 12:39
GPUpdate writes that Baguette is 96% sure of a
As for Carroll, I really don't know, why has this guy suddenly started to get hyped. :p : If you are talking about British drivers, who could really impress in F1, take a look at di Resta and Green, who have won Euro F3 and especially the latter one did it in dominant style back in '04. Carroll hasn't shown anything special to be considered as a "must" in F1. A1GP line-up wasn't that great either last season to prove anything.

Id add Davidson to that list too, despite scoring no points at Super Aguri, he performed admirably, that quali lap at Turkey 2007 getting a year old car onto 11th on the grid is one of the best laps I have ever seen.

jens
19th December 2009, 13:29
Id add Davidson to that list too, despite scoring no points at Super Aguri, he performed admirably, that quali lap at Turkey 2007 getting a year old car onto 11th on the grid is one of the best laps I have ever seen.

I'd put Davidson into the same category as Carroll - decent, but that's about it. Those two guys get too much hype compared to several other similarly-levelled drivers like Montagny, Pantano, Jani, Premat, etc, who no-one cares about.

maximilian
19th December 2009, 15:41
I also don't understand that persistent Davidson hype. He was a quick tester, but he never finished a race in the top-10, and I see no real reason to keep considering him for race seats when there are plenty of other talents out there. Like so many others, he's had his chance to make a mark, and didn't quite cut the mustard (a la Klien, Sato, Bourdais, Piquet, maybe even Grosjean, Alguersuari... you could argue in favor of all those, but the fact remains, they didn't quite pull it off - unlike Kobayashi, for example... he made an impact in just 2 races and turned some heads, despite being woefully underprepared) - and in this competitive field, you don't get too many chances.

maximilian
29th December 2009, 16:44
So what's the latest now?...

McLAREN: 1. Button, 2. Hamilton (Paffet)
MERCEDES: 3. Rosberg, 4. M. Schumacher (Conway?)
FERRARI: 7. Alonso, 8. Massa (Fisichella)
WILLIAMS: 9. Barrichello, 10. Hülkenberg (Soucek?)
RENAULT: 11. Kubica, 12. D'Ambrosio? Villeneuve? Tung? R. Schumacher?
TORO ROSSO: 16. Buemi, 17. Alguersuari? Fisichella? R. Schumacher?
CAMPOS META: 20. Piquet, 21. Senna (Petrov?)
USF1: 22. Bourdais? Wurz? Klien? R. Schumacher? Villeneuve?, 23. Lopez
VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. di Grassi (Parente)
SAUBER: 26. Heidfeld, 27. Kobayashi (Baguette)
STEFAN GP: Pavlovic? and ??? :)

jens
29th December 2009, 17:15
The odd thing is that there is a slight possibility Heidfeld might be left without drive for next year. :\ It's unclear, how sensitive is Sauber's financial situation and Renault's second seat is a total mystery. Maybe someone like d'Ambrosio will end up there. Those Ralf Schumacher rumours have come totally out of the blue, but then again his brother's return showed that anything can happen. :p : Imagine if Nick ends up at Sauber and Ralf at Renault - this means we would have 8 (!) Germans in F1 next year. :eek:

maximilian
29th December 2009, 17:28
The odd thing is that there is a slight possibility Heidfeld might be left without drive for next year. :\
It's a very real possibility, although I would be really shocked if he doesn't drive the second Sauber. Ecclestone talking about Klien in that seat was just a bunch of hogwash he told the Austrian media, so they'd write about it while he's on skiing vacation there. As much as I'd like to see Klien in that seat, *I* wouldn't even hire him over Heidfeld! :D

I don't really see Ralf making it back, unless it's with USF1 or StefanGP (perhaps "testing" in 2010 if StGP doesn't get in, while racing the DTM at the same time). If anyone GOOD wanted to hire him, they would have already done so in the years past.

maximilian
29th December 2009, 18:18
And so it appears Piquet will be driving the 2nd Campos. IMO Campos could have done worse - they wanted de la Rosa, who I thought would have been a bit of a gamble. Soucek may have been a good option for them, but has neither experience nor money. With Piquet Senior buying into the team, it does a lot to further solidify Campos' position. I also believe the experienced but still fresh Piquet makes more sense than Petrov or Maldonado who were also considered, although Petrov may turn out to be about the same talent level as Piquet. Will be interesting to see how people deal with him back in the pit lane next year! ;)

woody2goody
30th December 2009, 23:14
I hope Klien gets a drive, but I wouldn't want him in over Nick, who IMO has earned his spot in F1, and drove very well last year (again).

Also, as I've said before, I'm baffled by the fact that Kubica's reputation is still so high while Nick might be out of F1 and Ralf Schumacher(!) might be in.

As for Sauber signing Kobayashi, the lad's good but I'd take Klien and Heidfeld over him in that team. Christian was getting better all the time at Red Bull and I'm convinced he still has race victories in him one day in F1.

Garry Walker
2nd January 2010, 07:52
I hope Klien gets a drive, but I wouldn't want him in over Nick, who IMO has earned his spot in F1, and drove very well last year (again).

Also, as I've said before, I'm baffled by the fact that Kubica's reputation is still so high while Nick might be out of F1 and Ralf Schumacher(!) might be in.

As for Sauber signing Kobayashi, the lad's good but I'd take Klien and Heidfeld over him in that team. Christian was getting better all the time at Red Bull and I'm convinced he still has race victories in him one day in F1.Klien had 3 seasons in F1 and did nothing at all, except get beaten badly by an old driver nowhere near his prime anymore. Race victories? Jesus christ, he wouldnt win a race in a F2002, because he would still lose to his teammate, again.
Kobayashi beat his teammate with no experience of the car and showed more in 2 races than Klien did in 3 seasons.

There is no logical reason to support Klien being in F1 again, except fanboyism.

F1boat
2nd January 2010, 16:59

Unlike NH, RS has won races, you know.

DexDexter
3rd January 2010, 09:32
Klien had 3 seasons in F1 and did nothing at all, except get beaten badly by an old driver nowhere near his prime anymore. Race victories? Jesus christ, he wouldnt win a race in a F2002, because he would still lose to his teammate, again.
Kobayashi beat his teammate with no experience of the car and showed more in 2 races than Klien did in 3 seasons.

There is no logical reason to support Klien being in F1 again, except fanboyism.

I totally agree with you. I bet someone mentions Davidson pretty soon.... :rolleyes:

tinchote
3rd January 2010, 11:25
And so it appears Piquet will be driving the 2nd Campos. IMO Campos could have done worse - they wanted de la Rosa, who I thought would have been a bit of a gamble.

De la Rosa might not be the fastest race driver, but he developed the McLaren cars for years, so his technical knowledge is top notch. And that's exactly what a new team might need. Thing is that in a team like this drivers are chosen for monetary reasons.

maximilian
3rd January 2010, 15:15
Well, if this wasn't yet another fake news bit, apparently Sauber has signed de la Rosa over Heidfeld! WTF? :eek:

Where does this leave Nick? Apparently there is a chance he might go to Toro Rosso instead... otherwise, Renault, but they seem to be heading in a different direction (a la Tung/D'Ambrosio material).

DazzlaF1
3rd January 2010, 15:47
Well, if this wasn't yet another fake news bit, apparently Sauber has signed de la Rosa over Heidfeld! WTF? :eek:

Where does this leave Nick? Apparently there is a chance he might go to Toro Rosso instead... otherwise, Renault, but they seem to be heading in a different direction (a la Tung/D'Ambrosio material).

According to Belgian TV, Bertrand Baguette claims to have a F1 drive for 2010 but wont say with who, rumours are he's already signed with Renault.

Giuseppe F1
3rd January 2010, 20:07
Rubinho's first appearance in Williams colours:

http://twitpic.com/w49kr

http://twitpic.com/o1drq

http://twitpic.com/syynw

f1indiablog
4th January 2010, 07:30
Rubinho's first appearance in Williams colours:

http://twitpic.com/w49kr

http://twitpic.com/o1drq

http://twitpic.com/syynw

NICE PIC

DazzlaF1
18th January 2010, 18:10
Looks like Alguersuari (barring a few niggles) will definitely get the 2nd STR seat

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/156070/1/bruno_senna_to_toro_rosso_rumours_rubbished.html

DazzlaF1
22nd January 2010, 19:33
Well there's only 4 spots left now, who do you think will fill them

Here's my prediction

MERCEDES: 3. M.Schumacher, 4. Rosberg
RENAULT: 11. Kubica, 12. HEIDFELD
LOTUS: 18. Trulli, 19. Kovalainen
CAMPOS META: 20. PETROV, 21. B.Senna
USF1: 22. LOPEZ, 23. K.NAKAJIMA
VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. Di Grassi
SAUBER: 26. Kobayashi, 27. de la Rosa

r199
22nd January 2010, 20:04
And an extra one for mc laren a little dutch boy haha

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39799

truefan72
22nd January 2010, 21:39
Well there's only 4 spots left now, who do you think will fill them

Here's my prediction

MERCEDES: 3. M.Schumacher, 4. Rosberg
RENAULT: 11. Kubica, 12. HEIDFELD
LOTUS: 18. Trulli, 19. Kovalainen
CAMPOS META: 20. PETROV, 21. B.Senna
USF1: 22. LOPEZ, 23. K.NAKAJIMA
VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. Di Grassi
SAUBER: 26. Kobayashi, 27. de la Rosa

they are filling up fast

I like your prediction
I think Petrov is a lock at campos. i also think that Heidlfed might end up at USF1 along with klien (lopez being the 3rd driver) and nakajima at renault.

maximilian
22nd January 2010, 22:04
they are filling up fast

I like your prediction
I think Petrov is a lock at campos. i also think that Heidlfed might end up at USF1 along with klien (lopez being the 3rd driver) and nakajima at renault.
I don't really see Nakajima getting a seat next year. One Japanese driver should be enough.

I pretty much doubt Heidfeld would take the deep plunge into USF1. He may well prefer to be the reserve driver at Mercedes, speculating with a sudden neck problem relapse sidelining MSchu. ;) If not, Renault would be well served to take him over Klien and whatever no-name managed drivers they may be thinking of. Does Nick really want to drive next to Kubica again? I guess it's better than not driving at all... but can Renault afford him? Or will he drive for next to nothing?

I also think we can rest assured that if Lopez really coughs up $8M as was stated, he will be in a RACE seat for that kinda bounty! :cool: I could see Klien in the other seat, but does he really have any major sponsor backing behind him that would help him out? How about that Rossiter rumor?

Petrov will be SOMEWHERE. Campos seems a good match, since they apparently need money badly, and the alleged $15M Petrov offers goes a LONG way. He's not even a bad driver. SOME team will snatch him up. Would be ironic if the "American" team runs the Russian driver! :D

Anybody think that Fisichella has a chance at Campos, given that Campos wants to run Ferrari engines next year? May strike a deal...

Saint Devote
23rd January 2010, 03:53
USF1 likely to be the disaster of the season. Lopez will be so far off pace that he is going to make Lavaggi look like an ace!

Can't see how the FIA and FOM are admitting this team to the championship after its statements on why the rules are so strict and on good quality.

Instead they ought to allow teams to purchase cars and run them. yes I know this is an old argument but that or the third car as di Montezemolo [Kimi at Spa - imagine him in the mix THIS year of all years] wants is sound.

Lopez gets the drive because of the worst reason - money. And too mny drivers that have fought in the top single seater series and WON are left behind.

American teams in f1 have faltered and gone - and the only ones with ANY success were based in England. And if US F1 believe that they will ever even reach a podium never mind win, they are in for a very rude awakening,

My prediction is that they will be gone by mid-season if they even make it to the Sakhir grid.

christophulus
23rd January 2010, 12:59
Three left..

Renault are looking at drivers with sponsorship (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/01/renault-boss-admits-they-are-leaving-it-late-on-drivers/) so I can see Petrov in the second seat there, leaving Heidfeld with a test driver role somewhere.

As for USF1 and Campos, they could do with some experience, so maybe Klien and Fisichella respectively?

Edit: Or Andy Soucek. Dominated F2 last year and if he can get some sponsorship together he might get a drive.

DazzlaF1
23rd January 2010, 15:48
USF1 likely to be the disaster of the season. Lopez will be so far off pace that he is going to make Lavaggi look like an ace!

Can't see how the FIA and FOM are admitting this team to the championship after its statements on why the rules are so strict and on good quality.

Instead they ought to allow teams to purchase cars and run them. yes I know this is an old argument but that or the third car as di Montezemolo [Kimi at Spa - imagine him in the mix THIS year of all years] wants is sound.

Lopez gets the drive because of the worst reason - money. And too mny drivers that have fought in the top single seater series and WON are left behind.

American teams in f1 have faltered and gone - and the only ones with ANY success were based in England. And if US F1 believe that they will ever even reach a podium never mind win, they are in for a very rude awakening,

My prediction is that they will be gone by mid-season if they even make it to the Sakhir grid.

I get the feeling that you WANT them to fail

Copse
23rd January 2010, 16:03
As for USF1 and Campos, they could do with some experience, so maybe Klien and Fisichella respectively?

Edit: Or Andy Soucek. Dominated F2 last year and if he can get some sponsorship together he might get a drive.

If Soucek's going to get a drive he does not need "some sponsorship". He needs a sponsor that pays a lot. Dominating the series that claims to be Formula 2 is almost as meaningless when it comes to experience useful in F1 as being the world champion of Karting. Soucek's record in any series remotely comparable to F1, i.e. GP2, is finishing seasons in 16th and 14th, with plenty of finishes in the 10-20 range.

F1 teams know that F2 is usurping a name it does not live up to, and aren't looking there for talent. If F2 was to reckon with, Soucek's dominance there would have got him a decent seat already. It has not!

Saint Devote
24th January 2010, 00:39
I get the feeling that you WANT them to fail

No I do not want them to fail - but inserting drivers like Lopez and being given a berth in f1 ahead of Pro-drive for example, is annoying and in my view diminishes f1.

So at worst I am not well disposed towards them - but if by a miracle they do succeed, I will be happy to have been proven wrong.

At least I hope that their car is as pretty as it has been reported to be by Bob Varsha.

truefan72
25th January 2010, 00:17
all the new teams coming into f1 today (save Sauber) are pretty much unworthy of f1 spots and are only there because Mad Max tried to stick it to FOTA. And he also tried to institute his stupid single engine rules and other schemes by blackmailing those teams/ or only giving grid spots to those teams willing to purchase cosworth engines.

I have little sympathy for any of these teams and their struggles because they should ha ve been well prepared to enter F1. of course non of them have and in the case of USF! thety seem ill equiped top to bottom.

No serious F1 outfit would ever give a drive to a guy who still had to qualify for his super license and was not proficient in singe seater racing.

If they choose this guy for money then it is a sad statement of their affairs and proves that they should not be on the grid. I guess if I brought 5 million to them they would give me a seat fitting too LOL. what a joke.

Saint Devote
25th January 2010, 01:08
all the new teams coming into f1 today (save Sauber) are pretty much unworthy of f1 spots and are only there because Mad Max tried to stick it to FOTA. And he also tried to institute his stupid single engine rules and other schemes by blackmailing those teams/ or only giving grid spots to those teams willing to purchase cosworth engines.

I have little sympathy for any of these teams and their struggles because they should ha ve been well prepared to enter F1. of course non of them have and in the case of USF! thety seem ill equiped top to bottom.

No serious F1 outfit would ever give a drive to a guy who still had to qualify for his super license and was not proficient in singe seater racing.

If they choose this guy for money then it is a sad statement of their affairs and proves that they should not be on the grid. I guess if I brought 5 million to them they would give me a seat fitting too LOL. what a joke.

Max Mosely read the situation correctly and saved f1 from an implosion.

F1 modernly constituted has always consisted of professional racing teams with automobile manufacturers stepping in and out as constructors.

Ultimately the best mix has been professional racing teams powered by engines developed and funded by the auto manufacturers.

Even with Mercedes it is uncertain how long they will remain. There is according to the German press significant unhappiness in the MB boardroom and it was only the current MD who prevailed.

If Mercedes win the championship with Schumacher and Brawn in the next three years they will likely leave as a team but remain as a successful engine manufacturer.

Your deriding the new teams, even USF1 which does appear to be the weakest on all levels, strikes at the heart and soul of f1.

Essentially you reject the foundation upon which f1 has been constituted for decades.

You may disagree with Lopez's selection - and so do I - but it is not the most unusual thing historically.

If Lopez is signed, its over and time to forget any disagreement with it, but time to be excited and hope that he will surprise us and at least if US F1 makes it to Sakhir be on their side because they are a formula 1 team - and it is the sport we involuntarily love and cherish.

raybak
25th January 2010, 01:55

F1 modernly constituted has always consisted of professional racing teams with automobile manufacturers stepping in and out as constructors.

Ultimately the best mix has been professional racing teams powered by engines developed and funded by the auto manufacturers.

Even with Mercedes it is uncertain how long they will remain. There is according to the German press significant unhappiness in the MB boardroom and it was only the current MD who prevailed.

If Mercedes win the championship with Schumacher and Brawn in the next three years they will likely leave as a team but remain as a successful engine manufacturer.

Your deriding the new teams, even USF1 which does appear to be the weakest on all levels, strikes at the heart and soul of f1.

Essentially you reject the foundation upon which f1 has been constituted for decades.

You may disagree with Lopez's selection - and so do I - but it is not the most unusual thing historically.

If Lopez is signed, its over and time to forget any disagreement with it, but time to be excited and hope that he will surprise us and at least if US F1 makes it to Sakhir be on their side because they are a formula 1 team - and it is the sport we involuntarily love and cherish.

Well Said.

Ray

woody2goody
25th January 2010, 04:30
I've said before that I've always thought Lopez is a decent driver. I don't think he'll be any better than Alguersuari, Kobayashi, Sutil etc, but I doubt he'll disgrace himself. The big question that he will have to answer is whether or not the last three or four years of not racing single-seaters have put paid to his undoubted speed.

Also it would help if he didn't crash as much as he did in F3000.

woody2goody
25th January 2010, 04:45
Might as well update the lineups as of 25th Jan:

Mercedes: Rosberg, M Schumacher

McLaren-Mercedes: Button, Hamilton

Red Bull: Webber, Vettel

Ferrari: Alonso, Massa

Williams: Barichello, Hulkenberg

Renault: Kubica, TBA

Sauber: Kobayashi, de la Rosa

Toro Rosso: Buemi, Alguersuari

Lotus: Trulli, Kovalainen

Manor: Glock, di Grassi

Campos: Senna, TBA

USF1: TBA, TBA

Saint Devote
25th January 2010, 10:24
Well Said.

Ray

Thank you :D

Saint Devote
25th January 2010, 10:29
I've said before that I've always thought Lopez is a decent driver. I don't think he'll be any better than Alguersuari, Kobayashi, Sutil etc, but I doubt he'll disgrace himself. The big question that he will have to answer is whether or not the last three or four years of not racing single-seaters have put paid to his undoubted speed.

Also it would help if he didn't crash as much as he did in F3000.

If you think that then why not get rid of all formulae below f1 and just pick someone from karts?

The three drivers you mention all showed very good to reasonable ability and were experienced in single seater racing.

In addition to your comment about Lopez being a crasher he is not on the same level as they are.

How can any reasonable fan believe that Lopez is really f1 material - it is this that offends me as well as the misleading reason stated by Windsor for US F1's reason for existence.

Saint Devote
25th January 2010, 11:01
Might as well update the lineups as of 25th Jan:

Renault: Kubica, TBA
Campos: Senna, TBA
USF1: TBA, TBA

I would like to see Vitaly Petrov at Renault - he raced well against the highly rated Hulkenberg, would be good for a Russian Grand Prix [have the most beautiful grid girls in the world] and his personal sponsors are strong. Downside: his crazy mother!! :D

I am a supporter of Bruno and would like to see Campos survive - maybe if stories are true as Stefan GP - if Heidfeld could be signed it would be good for everyone there. Nick is an ideal driver for a new team.

De la Rosa in f1 while Heidfeld is not in a race seat? Thats called ridiculous.

US F1 - who knows whats going on there. For sure their mission statement and their unconfirmed actions contradict each other. Pity.

jens
25th January 2010, 13:06

I'm actually quite excited about the new teams. What I generally like about the 2010 season, is that there are so many changes (both among teams and driver line-ups). So from that point of view recession has been good, offering a lot of variety. :D

And as much as I have been criticizing Max Mosley, I think this is one thing he got right - he campaigned for new teams and considering, how even several existing teams are on quite shaky grounds (the long-term future of Sauber and Genii-Renault?!), it was really needed. As were those cheaper Cosworth engines, because due to pull-out of manufacturers we don't have much variety left among engines any more.

truefan72
25th January 2010, 22:15

I'm actually quite excited about the new teams. What I generally like about the 2010 season, is that there are so many changes (both among teams and driver line-ups). So from that point of view recession has been good, offering a lot of variety. :D

And as much as I have been criticizing Max Mosley, I think this is one thing he got right - he campaigned for new teams and considering, how even several existing teams are on quite shaky grounds (the long-term future of Sauber and Genii-Renault?!), it was really needed. As were those cheaper Cosworth engines, because due to pull-out of manufacturers we don't have much variety left among engines any more.

Trust me I am not against new teams at all. In fact I love a bigger grid. What I did not like and really don't like are the teams that have been selected and the way they came about getting their grid spots. I think there were more qualified applicants out there that would have been much better prepared to come in with a proper budget and outfit, but were forsaken for teams willing to be lacky's for Mosley's power games. What we are left with is 3 teams that all seem to struggle to get on the grid and all seem to lack funds thus compromising their progress.

So this to me is not the way to enter F1, desperate for funds, severely behind in development and handicapped from the start (as they were expecting some sort of power boost from having cosworths via mosleys proposed tier system which now won't pan out)

Saint Devote
26th January 2010, 00:18
Trust me I am not against new teams at all. In fact I love a bigger grid. What I did not like and really don't like are the teams that have been selected and the way they came about getting their grid spots. I think there were more qualified applicants out there that would have been much better prepared to come in with a proper budget and outfit, but were forsaken for teams willing to be lacky's for Mosley's power games. What we are left with is 3 teams that all seem to struggle to get on the grid and all seem to lack funds thus compromising their progress.

So this to me is not the way to enter F1, desperate for funds, severely behind in development and handicapped from the start (as they were expecting some sort of power boost from having cosworths via mosleys proposed tier system which now won't pan out)

Then we are fully in agreement :D

Of all the new teams the only one I think is quintessentially f1 and would have made it anyway if it had not been a Max arrangement, is Virgin-Cosworth.

They have a new concept car, they have the Manor team led by John Booth and they are sponsored by one of the real entrepreneurs around in the world today, Richard Branson.

I hope they do well.

That a Dave Richards team is not in f1 is a travesty. F1 is made for superb managers like him.

And on the American team - in an ideal world, Roger Penske would return....... ah well!!!

truefan72
26th January 2010, 01:07
Then we are fully in agreement :D

Of all the new teams the only one I think is quintessentially f1 and would have made it anyway if it had not been a Max arrangement, is Virgin-Cosworth.

They have a new concept car, they have the Manor team led by John Booth and they are sponsored by one of the real entrepreneurs around in the world today, Richard Branson.

I hope they do well.

That a Dave Richards team is not in f1 is a travesty. F1 is made for superb managers like him.

And on the American team - in an ideal world, Roger Penske would return....... ah well!!!

wow it is a new year

I agree with everything you said

well put :up:

Saint Devote
28th January 2010, 11:00
wow it is a new year

I agree with everything you said

well put :up:

OMG!! :eek: :D Thank you!

I am pleased to see that Petrov seems to be the Renault pick. He and Kubica are a good team - funny how the drivers are being teamed geographically this year.

maximilian
28th January 2010, 14:05
So looks like only ONE seat is really left open, presuming the Teixiera buy-in goes thru:

McLAREN: 1. Button, 2. Hamilton (Paffet) English Superteam
MERCEDES: 3. Schumacher, 4. Rosberg (Heidfeld) German Superteam
FERRARI: 7. Massa, 8. Alonso (Fisichella) Latin Superteam
WILLIAMS: 9. Barrichello, 10. Hulkenberg (Soucek?)
RENAULT: 11. Kubica, 12. Petrov (Tung) Slavic Superteam
TORO ROSSO: 16. Buemi, 17. Alguersuari (Hartley)
CAMPOS: 20. Carroll, 21. Senna (Soucek may get the seat depending on the buy-in?)
USF1: 22. ????? Klien? Sato? Rossiter? 23. Lopez
VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. Di Grassi (Parente)
SAUBER: 26. Kobayashi, 27. de la Rosa (???)

Saint Devote
29th January 2010, 11:03
Could be Maria de Villota to Campos?!!! Poor Bruno Senna

I thought Lopez was a reach.

DazzlaF1
31st January 2010, 20:08
Well with Petrov finally confirmed at Renault, officially only 2 seats remain

maximilian
31st January 2010, 23:43
Well with Petrov finally confirmed at Renault, officially only 2 seats remain
Yes, and while we have a pretty strong lead/rumor regarding Adam Carroll in the Campos, are there ANY really strong rumors out there regarding the second WTF1 seat? Or is Rossiter the best rumor we can come up with until now? :p :

DazzlaF1
1st February 2010, 13:40
Yes, and while we have a pretty strong lead/rumor regarding Adam Carroll in the Campos, are there ANY really strong rumors out there regarding the second WTF1 seat? Or is Rossiter the best rumor we can come up with until now? :p :

Well id say its one of Rossiter, Villeneuve and Sato.

But it depends on who brings the most reddies really

woody2goody
1st February 2010, 14:13
Well id say its one of Rossiter, Villeneuve and Sato.

But it depends on who brings the most reddies really

You have to say that Heidfeld is probably trying to get that drive as well. In terms of driving he's the best candidate but does he bring the backing with him that a team like that needs?

Sato probably would however. Rossiter, don't want to piss on him before he's had a go, but he wasn't very good when he tested for Honda a couple of years ago.

jens
1st February 2010, 17:07
I'm pretty sure Heidfeld won't join a new team. He turned down Lotus back in December. It is all about Mercedes or nothing (well, maybe with the exception of Renault) for him.

I have a suspicion that second USF1 driver is again going to be someone pretty much from nowhere - Rossiter would fit that criteria well. All more famous drivers - like Villeneuve/Sato/etc - have never seriously been linked to USF1, even if F1 fans and media like to talk about them.

Saint Devote
2nd February 2010, 00:47
I think testing events have overtaken USF1 issues - they are so far behind the curve even on announcing drivers.

I reckon by the time the first testing day comes around any team still trying to drum up a driver is in trouble of sorts.

Odds that Benie is correct and neither Campos or USF1 turns up at Sakhir? Such a pity for Bruno Senna if that is the case.

christophulus
2nd February 2010, 07:44
it appears that a deal may have been agreed whereby the new teams will be allowed three ‘no-shows’ at races in the next season.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/01/deals-done-over-campos-stefan-and-no-shows-in-2010/

If true, Campos and USF1 could miss the first couple of races if they aren't ready in time, but it's worrying if they get to that point. Also, I'm not sure where Teixeira has found enough cash to buy an F1 team but not enough to run A1GP.

Garry Walker
2nd February 2010, 08:06
Also, I'm not sure where Teixeira has found enough cash to buy an F1 team but not enough to run A1GP.

Why throw money at something that is dead anyway?

ArrowsFA1
2nd February 2010, 08:15
So we've lost the likes of Toyota and BMW, to be replaced by USF! & Campos, only for them to be struggling to make it to the grid :crazy: This new vision of an "affordable" F1 doesn't quite seem to be working out as planned, but then I'm sure there are those who would argue that it could have been worse.

Garry Walker
2nd February 2010, 08:18
So we've lost the likes of Toyota and BMW, to be replaced by USF! & Campos, only for them to be struggling to make it to the grid :crazy: This new vision of an "affordable" F1 doesn't quite seem to be working out as planned, but then I'm sure there are those who would argue that it could have been worse.

I always said, quality over quantity. Now we have idiot teams and people are so happy that we will have so many cars on grid (so wonderful to have leaders waste time lapping idiots), but they cant even make it to races.
Great job.

F1boat
2nd February 2010, 10:21

As we see from testing, we obviously haven't lost BMW lol :)

I am evil Homer
2nd February 2010, 11:47
DiResta confirmed as Force India's reserve driver. IMO he's better then the two people they have racing but hopefully he'll get a chance :)

Pulidor
3rd February 2010, 01:16
Apparently USF1 is about to confirm Adrián Vallés as their second (pay) driver, some Spanish radio is currently reporting. Let's wait and see...

maximilian
3rd February 2010, 01:27
Apparently USF1 is about to confirm Adrián Vallés as their second (pay) driver, some Spanish radio is currently reporting. Let's wait and see...
Mannnnnnnnn, 4 Spanish drivers? That would be unreal! ;)
Might actually be someone Lopez can beat! :D

F1boat
3rd February 2010, 06:52
Um, who is Valles?
EDIT - Ah, the Superleague champion. Well, good luck to him!

truefan72
3rd February 2010, 09:04
It just occurred to me than more than a quarter of the grid are Germans
6 of them, and if heidfeld had entered, it would have been 7

Jolly old england has 2 drivers, but good for them, both WDC

Brazil has 4 drivers

Spain have 3 at the moment, although we hear that USF1 is close to signing
Adrian valles which would make it 4.

Italy has 2 drivers

and funny enough The USA has zero, as USF1 quite clearly has gone with untested rookies and novices instead lol.

truefan72
3rd February 2010, 09:09

actually it could have been better if Mad Max had chosen better prepared teams instead of lackys who would do his bidding and act as a wedge to FOTA. This is the predictable outcome of playing politics with grid spots.

I think only Virgin GP will be well prepared come the first race, USF1 might show up and I think campos is in real trouble. Lotus will be there and might be decent. I think stefan gP will replace Campos and USf1 might not last the season (will probably be sold)

jens
3rd February 2010, 17:13
The best achievement I can remember from Valles, was finishing second behind Kubica in World Series by Renault in 2005.

But generally about line-ups - actually I quite like them, especially the diversity they offer. I'm also enjoying the mix of generations in F1 2010 - from a rather young and green Alguersuari to old master Schumacher.

Saint Devote
4th February 2010, 01:10
I dont think Bernie wants USF1 and Campos in F1 - he said todaythat he "does not believe in them" - and remember he has been making periodic comments about them too.

He DOES want Stefan F1 and Ralf Schumacher in the team.

I reckon its over for both those teams and Stefan F1 will be the 12th and no more a teams after that.

V12
4th February 2010, 10:28
This is another reason why the entry list shouldn't be capped at 13 or whatever IMO. This way anyone incapable will be weeded out naturally..and hopefully you still end up with a healthy grid roughly about the size you wanted at the end of it.

Imagine if Stefan had thought "F' it, I've had enough of this I'm going sportscar racing or something", we might be looking at only 11 teams, not much of an improvement. We're lucky that they've been so stubborn and appear ready to step in if needed.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Campos and USF1, though.

f1indiablog
6th February 2010, 13:19
Can we have the latest lineup for 2010 session?
With Reserve drivers...

DazzlaF1
6th February 2010, 15:20
Can we have the latest lineup for 2010 session?
With Reserve drivers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Formula_One_season#Teams_and_drivers