PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the race - Abu Dhabi

gm99
1st November 2009, 14:54
Alguersari - he really should know where his pits are by now, this wasn't his first GP after all...

Robinho
1st November 2009, 15:02
Grosjean or Fisi, both rubbish compared with their team mates and everyone else

Dave B
1st November 2009, 15:02
Jamie Alguesari for single-handedly rewriting the drivers' bumper book of excuses.

UltimateDanGTR
1st November 2009, 15:07
alguesari-getting lost in the pit lane. wouldve been undestandable if he had got lost on the track with all those roads everywhere, but he didnt, he got lost in the simple part.

VkmSpouge
1st November 2009, 15:10
Jaime Alguersuari for going into the wrong pits, I know they're both Red Bull teams but still it was very funny.

DexDexter
1st November 2009, 15:27
Fisi, he was about one MINUTE slower in the race than Kimi.

Ent
1st November 2009, 15:33
I would have loved to see the expression on the Red Bull pit crew's faces.

"Wot, this isn't our car! Hey, you! Get this bag of bolts out'ta here!"

So Alguersuari for me.

N. Jones
1st November 2009, 15:35
Yas Marina circuit. Boring race. Why should I care about the day/night race and the stupid lights on the buildings? I watch the cars/teams/drivers, not the friggin' circuit!!!

ioan
1st November 2009, 15:39
Yas Marina circuit. Boring race. Why should I care about the day/night race and the stupid lights on the buildings? I watch the cars/teams/drivers, not the friggin' circuit!!!

Yep, totally agreed, it was boring to watch.

keysersoze
1st November 2009, 16:08
Fisi, he was about one MINUTE slower in the race than Kimi.

At the finish, Kimi was 54 seconds behind Vettel, and GF was about 2 seconds behind Vettel and a lap down. With race laps in the 1:43 range, I'd say Kimi beat Fisi by about 51 seconds. Now factor in Fisi's drive-though penalty (about 10-15 seconds) and you have the true gap; 35-40 seconds.

Actually, I think the most significant stat would be the gap just before the first stop, which was about 20-23 seconds. After that, Kimi had a lonely drive, passing no one, while GF had to make his way by a couple of drivers after he got sent to the tail-end of the field after the drive-through. 20-23 seconds may be quite substantial in your book, but considering that it was probably 7-8 seconds after just 2-3 laps Fisi's pace wasn't that bad.

BeansBeansBeans
1st November 2009, 16:09
It has to be young Jaime, for doing a 'Matt Neal'.

F1boat
1st November 2009, 16:10
Jaime...

jimakos
1st November 2009, 16:14
Alguersari of course!!!

DazzlaF1
1st November 2009, 16:32
Grosjean had another stinker of a race but i agree, it has to be Alguersuari, there's nothing more embarassing than driving into another team's pit box.

DexDexter
1st November 2009, 16:46
At the finish, Kimi was 54 seconds behind Vettel, and GF was about 2 seconds behind Vettel and a lap down. With race laps in the 1:43 range, I'd say Kimi beat Fisi by about 51 seconds. Now factor in Fisi's drive-though penalty (about 10-15 seconds) and you have the true gap; 35-40 seconds.

Actually, I think the most significant stat would be the gap just before the first stop, which was about 20-23 seconds. After that, Kimi had a lonely drive, passing no one, while GF had to make his way by a couple of drivers after he got sent to the tail-end of the field after the drive-through. 20-23 seconds may be quite substantial in your book, but considering that it was probably 7-8 seconds after just 2-3 laps Fisi's pace wasn't that bad.

Who cares? 51 seconds is about a minute. The fact is Kimi destroyed Fisi in their races together.

DazzlaF1
1st November 2009, 16:54
Who cares? 51 seconds is about a minute. The fact is Kimi destroyed Fisi in their races together.

Granted he had practically zero time to familiarize himself with the car but still like you said he was close to a minute behind Raikkonen in the races, compare it with the latest newcomer (Kobayashi) who likely had similar levels of car familiarization and within 2 races, he was scoring points and beating his teammate.

Says it all really.

keysersoze
1st November 2009, 16:58

You clearly care because you brought it up. And 51 seconds with an extra stop puts your exaggeration into more perspective. I make it my business to know how Fisi's race went--it's your mistake to neglect the factors.

"The fact that Kimi 'destroyed' Fisi" is IN FACT not a fact. It's an opinion. My post, Dex, has the facts.

Dave B
1st November 2009, 17:03
My post, Dex, has the facts.
Bit of a Phyrric victory though, isn't it? Your argument is that Fisi's race wasn't quite as crap as Dex said. Crap, but not total crap.

keysersoze
1st November 2009, 17:18
Bit of a Phyrric victory though, isn't it? Your argument is that Fisi's race wasn't quite as crap as Dex said. Crap, but not total crap.

I'll agree with that.

If he would've pointed out that Kimi out-qualified him by, IIRC, 1.4 seconds I might have given him a bit of credit. :D

I teach writing for a living and students must submit opinions with evidence.

cy bais
1st November 2009, 17:21
Alguersuari .. nice pick Franz :)

DexDexter
1st November 2009, 19:51
I'll agree with that.

If he would've pointed out that Kimi out-qualified him by, IIRC, 1.4 seconds I might have given him a bit of credit. :D

I teach writing for a living and students must submit opinions with evidence.

That's a good profession you've got :) . By the way, I don't think my claim that Kimi destroyed Fisi needs to be proven, it's common knowledge by now.

motetarip
1st November 2009, 20:06
Alguersuari!

Driving into the Red Bull pit is like getting into bed with your sister instead of your wife. Sure everyone's related but it's still a very wrong mistake..

I have no evidence to back this up btw

ioan
1st November 2009, 20:13
The fact is Kimi destroyed Fisi in their races together.

Wrong way to deal with it.

ioan
1st November 2009, 20:14
Alguersuari!

Driving into the Red Bull pit is like getting into bed with your sister instead of your wife. Sure everyone's related but it's still a very wrong mistake..

I have no evidence to back this up btw

Make that your wife's sister not your sister and I might agree with teh comparison.

motetarip
1st November 2009, 20:17
Make that your wife's sister not your sister and I might agree with teh comparison.

I can only assume you live in a rural area if you don't agree with the original comparison

DexDexter
1st November 2009, 20:26
Wrong way to deal with it.

Perhaps, forget about it.

keysersoze
1st November 2009, 20:51
Ioan is back! Yay! :)

ioan
1st November 2009, 21:42
I can only assume you live in a rural area if you don't agree with the original comparison

Yep, I live in Vienna, so maybe you're right! :laugh:

DexDexter
1st November 2009, 21:57
Ioan is back! Yay! :)

"The Button Six" are back :D .

Jag_Warrior
1st November 2009, 22:00
Alguersuari. :rolleyes:

Time for him to go back down to the minors.

BobbyC
1st November 2009, 22:16
Stupid pit box ideas . . . After seeing the pit signs they use in NASCAR at Talladega, why can't STR think of a better pit sign to differentiate the teams?

Dave B
2nd November 2009, 09:48
Stupid pit box ideas . . . After seeing the pit signs they use in NASCAR at Talladega, why can't STR think of a better pit sign to differentiate the teams?
Maybe becuase the existing system is fine for normal drivers thinking properly. The very fact we're so shocked about Jamie's mistake shows how rare it is. The last instance I can think of was (I think) Fisichella when he left Jordan all those years ago.

truefan72
2nd November 2009, 16:39
Alguersari and the STR team who were not ready for him, knowing that it was his in lap. They are equally to blame for this. Zero communication from all around. just useless.

and for those blaming tha track, It was the same folks bad mouthing it before first practice anyway, so I say sour grapes. The race was far from boring IMO. Button, Webber was exciting, there were other passes on the track, I remember Kobayashi doing a nice one. If hamilton did not have the brake failure, he and vettel would have been a great battle.

It was a fitting end to the 2009 season and a race that hopefully I can attend next year.