PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race

Koz
1st November 2009, 14:42
Webber & Button for the nice act in the last race!
Vettle for the win.
Kobayashi for a grand 6th in his second race.

Ranger
1st November 2009, 14:45
Vettle for the win.

Agreed on all counts.

ShiftingGears
1st November 2009, 14:46
Vettel for winning by 16 seconds. Special mention to Webber, Button and Kobayashi.

Koz
1st November 2009, 14:46
What exactly did Button just say to Webber?

Did he blame webber for braking too early?
I hope I got this wrong...

christophulus
1st November 2009, 14:47
Webber for holding on in a slow car.. tyre graining or something? Great defence from Button though.

Kobayashi had a top race too :up:

wedge
1st November 2009, 14:51
Koby - sign him up, Koby Koby sign him up!

Webber - great defensive driving

Button - solid drive, how he should've driven over the past few months

gm99
1st November 2009, 14:52
Kobayashi for sure - great move on Button.

Robinho
1st November 2009, 15:00
Vettel for winning easy, Button for a great late race pace and fight, kudos for Webebr for some great defensive driving at the end. very special mention to Koby for a great race into the points

Robinho
1st November 2009, 15:01
What exactly did Button just say to Webber?

Did he blame webber for braking too early?
I hope I got this wrong...

i think he was just getting excitied discussing the good fight with Webber, saying what he should have done as he knew Webber was struggling with the braking and having to brake early

UltimateDanGTR
1st November 2009, 15:03
Vettle for the win.

what he said.

VkmSpouge
1st November 2009, 15:04
Sebastian Vettel is my driver of the race he was flawless and had Lewis Hamilton beaten before the McLaren's problems.
Mark Webber and Jenson Button also deserve mentions for their great scrap at the end. Nick Heidfeld and Sebastien Buemi had good races and congratulations to Kamui Kobayashi for scoring his first F1 points.

Dave B
1st November 2009, 15:06
Vettel, I believe (sadly) that he would have won even without Hamilton's brake issue.

ioan
1st November 2009, 15:28
Kobayashi, he did a great race.
Special mention for Vettel for a great win.

DexDexter
1st November 2009, 15:29
Kobayashi. Good move on Button after Button's pitstop.

AndyL
1st November 2009, 15:29
Hard to pick one from the first 6. Yet another stealthy performance from Heidfeld, sneaking through to a strong 5th completely unnoticed by the TV cameras :) But I'd give it to Kobayashi, even more impressive in his second race than in his first, great pace all the way through and he won the 1-stoppers race by 25 seconds.

Ent
1st November 2009, 15:30
I agree with most here. Vettel was just too good. Great racing from Webber and Button (more, please!) and Kobayashi... it's great to see a Japanese driver doing well.

keysersoze
1st November 2009, 16:12
Vettel: he probably had Lewis covered had the Brit been able to finish.

Honorable mention to Kobayashi: 2nd race and he beats Jarno.

F1boat
1st November 2009, 16:13
Kamui Kobayashi! I am very impressed, had the pace from Brazil, but didn't do anything stupid.

jimakos
1st November 2009, 17:03
For sure Vettel and Webber!!!
They were fantastic...

christophulus
1st November 2009, 18:05
Vettel was superb again, and if he continues this form into next year he'll be fighting for the title. Kobayashi did well and I was glad to hear he wasn't apologetic for his moves in Brazil. And Buemi got another point and is continuing to improve as a driver.

Wasted Talent
1st November 2009, 19:34
Vettle for the win.

Vettel for the win, Kobayashi for a good strong drive, and Button for clawing back to webber near the end and beating Barricello.

Webber? No thanks - he was hammered by his team-mate - again. Still at least he didn't try and push Button off the road............

WT

motetarip
1st November 2009, 19:39
Kobayashi gets my vote for a superb rookie drive into the points, but credit to Vettel for keeping up with Hamilton

ioan
1st November 2009, 20:15
Honorable mention to Kobayashi: 2nd race and he beats Jarno.

Just proves that Trulli is past it and should bother with his vineyard instead of walking around the F1 paddock (with some useless photos).

Triumph
1st November 2009, 20:32
Vettel, obviously.

Nice drive from Button and Webber too.

pettersolberg29
1st November 2009, 20:38
Another mention from me for Nick. Did well to leap from 8th to 5th and end the championship ahead of Bobby Kubica on points.

Yet people will still go on about how great Kubica is, while Nick slips under the radar as a 'solid' or 'average' driver for the 10th year running. If it annoys me this much, I can only imagine how frustrated Nick must be at his media perception.

ioan
1st November 2009, 21:44
Another mention from me for Nick. Did well to leap from 8th to 5th and end the championship ahead of Bobby Kubica on points.

Yet people will still go on about how great Kubica is, while Nick slips under the radar as a 'solid' or 'average' driver for the 10th year running. If it annoys me this much, I can only imagine how frustrated Nick must be at his media perception.

Yep it's annoying, but we can't change people's perceptions, so let it be and be happy with supporting a great driver. :)

BeansBeansBeans
1st November 2009, 21:51

He could've altered people's perceptions by getting the big results last year when the BMW was a contender, but he didn't. Kubica did.

ioan
1st November 2009, 21:54
He could've altered people's perceptions by getting the big results last year when the BMW was a contender, but he didn't. Kubica did.

Like when Heidfeld was leading the Canadian GP and the team ordered him to let Kubica through?
Well, that's how Kubica got his great result, in all honesty he's got nothing to brag about.

BeansBeansBeans
1st November 2009, 22:01
Like when Heidfeld was leading the Canadian GP and the team ordered him to let Kubica through?
Well, that's how Kubica got his great result, in all honesty he's got nothing to brag about.

Obviously a Grand Prix victory is the best way to put yourself on the map, but I wasn't referring to one race. When the BMW was a front-runner, it was the relative new boy Kubica who got himself involved in the title fight and got himself noticed, not Heidfeld. Therefore it is no surprise to me that people regard Kubica as a potential star and Heidfeld as merely solid and reliable.

Jag_Warrior
1st November 2009, 22:10
Vettel, for being solid all the way through and getting the best from his machine. Webber, for defending without being overly dirty in his tactics vs. Button. And Kobayashi, for bringing some unexpected excitement to the race.

BeansBeansBeans
1st November 2009, 22:24
I'd give it to Webber.

How he managed to keep the quicker car of Button behind him whilst clearly struggling on fading tyres is beyond me.

ioan
1st November 2009, 22:43
I'd give it to Webber.

How he managed to keep the quicker car of Button behind him whilst clearly struggling on fading tyres is beyond me.

It was probably down to the driver. Mark didn't make mistakes and Jenson was unable to pull out a good enough move even though he had an obvious car advantage.

The Red Bull boys did a great job these last few races considering that they were running mostly old engines for quite a few races already.

gloomyDAY
1st November 2009, 23:21
Just proves that Trulli is past it and should bother with his vineyard instead of walking around the F1 paddock (with some useless photos). :D I'm glad you're back.

DazzlaF1
2nd November 2009, 00:05
Id give it to either Webber or Vettel but instead i'll say Kobayashi, a drive today that probably earnt him a contract for 2010.

Ari
2nd November 2009, 03:20
Vettel > Kobi > Webber.

motetarip
2nd November 2009, 13:04
I'd give it to Webber.

It was a clean fight, unfortunately only over 2 laps. I'm sure Button could have been more forceful and Webber would have responded accordingly, thankfully I think they both have the maturity not to write each other off with so little at stake.

jens
2nd November 2009, 16:13
Vettel pulled a 17-second gap over his fast team-mate, so that was quite a remarkable achievement. Kobayashi did remarkably well especially compared to other rookies, who have been nowhere. Heidfeld was certainly impressive as well and this fine result enabled him to outscore Kubica for the second time in the last three full seasons.

ioan
2nd November 2009, 18:50
:D I'm glad you're back.

It's good to be missed. ;)
Just prepare for seeing me considerably less around here in the future.

ioan
2nd November 2009, 18:52
Heidfeld was certainly impressive as well and this fine result enabled him to outscore Kubica for the second time in the last three full seasons.

Heidfeld beating again one of the overhyped F1 drivers should raise a few eyebrows.

Garry Walker
2nd November 2009, 19:37
Koba.

Lets hope he has a better character than the guy he shares his nickname with, had.