PDA

View Full Version : Rosberg confirms he's leaving Williams

AndyL
29th October 2009, 11:16
Having previously strongly hinted at it, now Nico has confirmed he's leaving Williams:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLT27897820091029

I guess that must mean his deal for next year is signed and sealed. And since McLaren are apparently still negotiating with Kimi, it seems likely that we'll be seeing Nico in a Brawn next year.

harsha
29th October 2009, 11:59
with Brawn strongly hinting that Jensen Button will stay @ BrawnGP the next season,It looks likely that Nico will be heading to Brawn...I don't see Brawn even coming close to matching what the other teams will be offering to Kimi

Storm
29th October 2009, 12:02
Nico to Brawn most probably. I don't understand why they do not also announce where they are headed now itself.

I am evil Homer
29th October 2009, 12:05
Because until a contract is signed it means nothing.

Dzeidzei
29th October 2009, 12:58
Because until a contract is signed it means nothing.

Actually a contract means very little even after its been signed. If you have enough money that is.

I am evil Homer
29th October 2009, 13:11
True...nice of Santander to buy out and F1 contract!

Shifter
29th October 2009, 13:40
I seriously doubt Brawn GP will be anywhere near as successful in 2010 as they were this year. They might be a mid-pack team.

harsha
29th October 2009, 14:00
that depends on the support they are getting from the Mercedes team...If they get equal support,they should be close to the Macs

I am evil Homer
29th October 2009, 14:54
Merc provide money and engines - that'll be it. The rest is up to the Brawn team already in place and who knows how many of them actually designed the new car last season and had to be let go prior to the season when they cut costs.

truefan72
29th October 2009, 15:06
that depends on the support they are getting from the Mercedes team...If they get equal support,they should be close to the Macs

or if Honda were smart, they would continue to fund a part of the team in exchange for some sort of profit margin or something. Seems like a worthy investment to me.

AS to Nico, Yes leaving williams is the right move and he seems sureto sign with Brawn. I still think there is a 40% chance he might join Mclaren and thenkimi is off to Brawn with a modest salary (at least for 2010) since he is already getting a massive payout.

In fact, if I was Mclaren, I would sign him up now and end the kimi discussions. Then kimi would be left with either driving toyota with a decent salary and decent car, or Brawm with a smaller salary ad pretty darn good car.

For kimi's sake, I would take a modest payday from brawn and light up the world in 2010, the come back in 2011 and get another good payday.

UltimateDanGTR
29th October 2009, 16:33
Well, it looks more and more likely that rubens will now be at williams, most probably alongside hulkenburg. as for Nico at least he should get a chance to shine and win with a good car. This is his chance and i hope he takes it.

I am evil Homer
29th October 2009, 16:37
I agree....if the Brawn is decent next season it's time for Nico to show what he's got. To a degree there's been little pressure on him at Williams because the car was never likely to challenge for wins/podiums.

UltimateDanGTR
29th October 2009, 19:12
I agree....if the Brawn is decent next season it's time for Nico to show what he's got. To a degree there's been little pressure on him at Williams because the car was never likely to challenge for wins/podiums.

interesting point about lack of pressure. but we've seen when there is pressure on him like in Singapore how Rosberg has made a crucial mistake that has taken him out of contention. Hoefully, it was a one off, but we will have to wait and see (plus providing the Brawn will be a good car also)

CNR
29th October 2009, 21:57
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=122919&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0

It is believed he has signed with Mercedes and will be deployed at either McLaren or Brawn.

if Mercedes buy in to brawn

it may be lewis and jenson at McLaren
and kimi and nico at brawn
:confused:

keysersoze
30th October 2009, 01:32
I seriously doubt Brawn GP will be anywhere near as successful in 2010 as they were this year. They might be a mid-pack team.

That's what I think. Behind McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull at the very least.

raikk
30th October 2009, 02:15
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=122919&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0

if Mercedes buy in to brawn

it may be lewis and jenson at McLaren
and kimi and nico at brawn
:confused:

Kimi has gone on the record saying the only team he would sign with is Mclaren..Unless he sits out a year or something but I doubt that happens

leopard
30th October 2009, 05:34
yeah i heard this news from asia newschannel

F1boat
30th October 2009, 06:02
Kimi has gone on the record saying the only team he would sign with is Mclaren..Unless he sits out a year or something but I doubt that happens

IMO it depends on Jenson now. If he signs for McLaren, Kimi will go to WRC or retire, IMO. Even if he and Ross find compromise, it will depend on salary, as Macca can get Nico. In this case Rubens will likey stay at Brawn GP. I think that we will know what happens in the week after Abu Dhabi.

DexDexter
30th October 2009, 08:08
Actually a contract means very little even after its been signed. If you have enough money that is.

All you need is a bank and those signatures will go away.... :rolleyes:

IMO it depends on Jenson now. If he signs for McLaren, Kimi will go to WRC or retire, IMO. Even if he and Ross find compromise, it will depend on salary, as Macca can get Nico. In this case Rubens will likey stay at Brawn GP. I think that we will know what happens in the week after Abu Dhabi.

It's got nothing to do with Button, Räikkonen's market value is on another planet compared to Jenson. The Mclaren seat is his, if he wants it.

F1boat
30th October 2009, 08:33
It's got nothing to do with Button, Räikkonen's market value is on another planet compared to Jenson. The Mclaren seat is his, if he wants it.

Obviously not, as Haug warned that they are not willilng to give too much money. And Hamilton saying that he wants a driver who can help the team. After the recent comments from the scarlet team bosses, it seems that both remarks are about Raikkonen. I personally believe that Jenson will fit better than Kimi in the new McLaren team, as he is consistent and cost less. About market value, I am also not sure, as an English driver, he has a lot of market value.
BTW, I think that it will be best for Jenson to get bigger salary ar Brawn GP, but I think that he can fit in McLaren.

AndyL
30th October 2009, 11:12
In this case Rubens will likey stay at Brawn GP.

According to the BBC commentators this morning Williams are announcing their drivers very soon (Monday I think?) so I'd guess that Rubens has already signed with Williams.

jens
30th October 2009, 13:04
Rosberg's move to Brawn has been an "open secret" for some time already - likewise Barrichello to Williams.

truefan72
30th October 2009, 17:06
barichello and hulkenberg is my guess

ratonmacias
31st October 2009, 14:34
i rate barrichello as an equal to rosberg although rubens wont last for long and nico should be racing for many years.

hopefully the hulk turns out good that way williams has a better driver pairing than this year when they ran 2 cars with only 1 driver.