PDA

View Full Version : Lotus release more official photos of their 2010 F1 car and sneak peak of livery

Giuseppe F1
28th October 2009, 22:30
Photos courtesy of http://www.lotusf1team.com/www.lotusf1team.my

Windtunnel photos of 2010 Lotus in the Fondtech/Fondmetal windtunnel in Bologna, Italy and photos of the moulds for the upper monocoque.

Check out the livery on the helmet in the windtunnel model.............. a sneaky peak of Lotus' 2010 livery scheme me thinks......back to the original days of
pairing British Racing Green with yellow/gold stripes - classic Lotus!

http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/918201320_10282009_1.jpg

http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/191131265_10282009_2.jpg

Rollo
29th October 2009, 03:09
Check out the livery on the helmet in the windtunnel model.............. a sneaky peak of Lotus' 2010 livery scheme me thinks......back to the original days of pairing British Racing Green with yellow/gold stripes - classic Lotus!

Taking up my seat in Pedant Corner, I ask the question...

"When did the gold stripe appear?"

To be honest, I don't think that the stripe made its debut until the 1963 Championship, which would mean that from 1954 - 1962, the Lotii would have been all British Racing Green (ie no stripes).

Even then, I'm almost certain that it didn't appear until after the Championship was decided, but I can't prove this.

UltimateDanGTR
29th October 2009, 07:43
nice. British racing green would be a welcome livery, either that or JPS black and gold!

it looks like Lotus are advanced with their car, which is very promising...

DazzlaF1
31st October 2009, 19:09
nice. British racing green would be a welcome livery, either that or JPS black and gold!

it looks like Lotus are advanced with their car, which is very promising...
Very promising indeed, would be fantastic to see the famous lotus green with yellow stripe return

Infact it looks more likely that we will see them all turn up for the 1st race next year, Lotus with this, USF1 confirming their european base and Campos signing their 1st driver, its all looking good for the newbies

Wasted Talent
31st October 2009, 20:21
Can you make the pictures a bit bigger???

I'm having trouble fitting them on my 48" screen.............

WT

UltimateDanGTR
1st November 2009, 12:12
Very promising indeed, would be fantastic to see the famous lotus green with yellow stripe return

Infact it looks more likely that we will see them all turn up for the 1st race next year, Lotus with this, USF1 confirming their european base and Campos signing their 1st driver, its all looking good for the newbies

and hopefully Manor with big virgin backing will be there as well with their non-wind tunnel car! :D

the qadbak-sauber thing intrigues me, whether they will be let on the grid or if frank has his way....... :rolleyes:

DazzlaF1
1st November 2009, 16:36
and hopefully Manor with big virgin backing will be there as well with their non-wind tunnel car! :D

the qadbak-sauber thing intrigues me, whether they will be let on the grid or if frank has his way....... :rolleyes:

Nah, i dont think they'll be there, it all depends on any teams pulling out of which i dont see any, then again, not many of us saw the Honda announcement coming last year.

Dave B
1st November 2009, 17:00
Can you make the pictures a bit bigger???

I'm having trouble fitting them on my 48" screen.............

WT
I know, I had to zoom in 200% just to see them :p

Seriously, when you post pics please consider their size. If you can't resize them, please just provide the link. :)