PDA

View Full Version : Valentino Rossi 9th World Title !!!!!!!!!!!!!

alfa155btcc
27th October 2009, 18:08
Hi Guys,

Thought that i would start a fresh Thread about the almighty Valentino Rossi ( The Doctor ).

Massive Congratulations on His 7 th Premier Title and9 th in all classes. This is truely an unbelievable achievement, and thsi will be hard to beat in the future by anybody.

For me he is the Greatest of all time even better that Giacomo Agostino and he knew his way on a 2 wheeled monster.

and don`t right Rossi off making it into double figure over the next 2/3 years that he remains in the sport.

WELL DONE
Saluti
alfa155btcc
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

CaptainRaiden
28th October 2009, 07:52
A very amazing feat indeed, considering also how easy he made it look. After 2007, I thought that Stoner's era has begun, and Rossi probably will fade away. He not only broke Stoner's self confidence in 2008, but won two championships back to back. One of the most tremendous and gifted riders to ever grace the motorcycling world.

Well, since next year's contract is already done, I am guessing he will win one more championship with Yamaha, and then switch to Ducati, or PLEASE to Kawasaki. Hell, I am a dreamer. :D But I guess he is now kinda old, and the competition too strong for him to consider switching factories for a challenge. Still, with Rossi, you never know.

Congrats to The Doctor on winning the 9th World Championship! (9th, sounds surreal). :)

MrJan
28th October 2009, 08:43
He's a stunning rider who seems able to ride through problems better than anyone else. Donnington this year was the sort of thing Rossi can get away with where others can't. Fully deserving of the title again, let's hope next year we see a proper battle if Dani and Casey are fit :up:

CaptainRaiden
28th October 2009, 10:30
He's a stunning rider who seems able to ride through problems better than anyone else. Donnington this year was the sort of thing Rossi can get away with where others can't. Fully deserving of the title again, let's hope next year we see a proper battle if Dani and Casey are fit :up:

Agreed. There was an article I read somewhere about how he is unique in a way that he adapts his style to how the bike and tyres perform during a race, and still manages to go at the same pace. That's pretty special.

And I think even if he is the oldest of the "aliens", a good bike and a fit Rossi is far above any of those three. The way he won at Catalunya on the last corner this year was pure Rossi magic. If Yamaha keeps up the development and deliver another good bike, I don't see either Stoner, Pedrosa or Lorenzo being able to do anything about Rossi winning another couple of championships.

MrJan
28th October 2009, 11:42
The way he won at Catalunya on the last corner this year was pure Rossi magic.

When he pulled that move off I was like :s hock: :bounce: :burnout: :laugh:

They should have just called off the championship battle at that point because that move on it's own was deserving of getting the title.

NinjaMaster
30th October 2009, 14:45
To be as incredible as Vale has is an amazing effort and he is truly the greatest rider of his era.

The Phantom
30th October 2009, 23:56
"As long as we have Valentino on the Sunday, we have a chance" - Jeremy Burgess.

(something like that anyway)

I'm not so sure that Rossi will continue to win titles against Stoner and Lorenzo - especially Stoner, who IMO is going to prove very difficult to beat in 2010.

But Rossi is certainly the best, the GOAT.

harsha
31st October 2009, 01:47
When he pulled that move off I was like :s hock: :bounce: :burnout: :laugh:

They should have just called off the championship battle at that point because that move on it's own was deserving of getting the title.

:up: well said

that move was the best move i've seen in a long time