PDA

View Full Version : Old Private Messages

garyshell
7th December 2006, 17:29
I see that an archive of the forum messages is available, but was curious if there was any way to retrive our old private messages. I have some great conversations archived there with the late Speedbump that I would love to recover. Even if the private messages could be brought up via a separate froum for a couple of days, it would be nice. Had I known the forums updates were going to be done, I would have archived the private emails myself. But there were apparently no announcments in the forums other than the feedback one.

Gary

Powered by Cosworth
7th December 2006, 18:25
I think you can go into the old forums, login and recover

garyshell
7th December 2006, 18:51
I posted Mark's update announcement in both the IRL & CC forums. Other Mods did the same in some of the other ones.

You did??? I certainly didn't see it. Was it a "sticky" or posted as part of the normal flow of messages. Sorry I missed it. By bad.

Gary

garyshell
7th December 2006, 18:53
I think you can go into the old forums, login and recover

Through the archive or some other fashion? I didn't see any way to access the PM section when I logged in through the archive link.

Gary

garyshell
7th December 2006, 19:04
I posted Mark's update announcement in both the IRL & CC forums. Other Mods did the same in some of the other ones.

Starter, not to be argumentative, but I never saw a thing and I read the CC forum MANY times each day. I just looked in the archives as far back as Nov. 6th, and I didn't see a thing about an impending upgrade. But that's water over the dam. Do you know if the PM section is part of the archive and if so how do I get to it. I really would like to retrive the messages from Paul. They are some of my last rememberances of him.... <sigh>

Gary

AndySpeed
7th December 2006, 19:34
I just tried to access my private messages folder in the forum archive, but a message appears saying 'you do not have access to this page' - you know, the one that appears if you're not logged in and try to post.

I have a feeling the old forum's disabled posting may be linked to inability to view private messages. They're probably all still there though, just inaccessible.

garyshell
7th December 2006, 19:44
Yeah Andy, I got the same thing. I was able to ATTEMPT to get to the Private Messages by clicking on "profile" then there was a button available that tryed to take me to PM, but I got the same error you did. No Permission.

Thanks,
Gary

DonnieDarco
7th December 2006, 21:30
Sorry to be a dingbat, but how do you get to the old forums?

Edit - Found the link finally! Christmas shopping sure takes it out of me :D

Do we know if we might eventually be able to access our pm's? I have some messages I'd be sad to lose, too.

555-04Q2
8th December 2006, 10:24

I never saw one announcement :(