PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and musings for 2010 and beyond

Hondo
26th October 2009, 21:22
This is not a thread about who goes where or who's going to win. It is a thread about how the changes coming for 2010 will affect F1 in general for 2010 and beyond.

Will Todt create a new position within the FIA F1 department and hire Mosley to fill that position?

Is this a good time to begin an Engine Builders Championship with a tidy cash award for the winner? Would an engine championship encourge manufacturers to stay in that aspect of the game? With refueling gone, the opportunity to develop high output engines that deliver remarkable efficiency might appeal to manufacturers, especially if they can be developed at a profit.

Will the budget caps on teams lead to salary caps for drivers, minimums and maximums determined by experience, wins, championships, etc? Will the teams be unwilling to pay high driver salaries as the cars and engines become ever more standardized?

Just a few, feel free to add more.

call_me_andrew
31st October 2009, 05:59
The engine builder's championship is interesting.

I think once the engine freeze ends, the FIA needs to rewrite the entire engine rulebook. Lets have engines that can produce horsepower AND tourque for a change.

Roamy
31st October 2009, 07:30
I think the future of the series will become outlined in the next year. Hopefully the addition of new teams will signify the need to maintain costs. This year was cool because the norms got their asses kicked. So if you keep the field level many will be able to compete. A few more changes to the cars will increase the competition and overtaking so I think you will see that. Yes most of us would like the return of V10 but with re-fueling ban I doubt we will see that. F1 still has a captive market and the best drivers but with the other series around the world gaining ground F1 will have a bit of a battle.. So far they have been able to retain the best drivers but that could begin to slip away.