PDA

View Full Version : Banning of Members part deux

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 18:05
While I never normally read about people being banned, or the squabbles on the f1 forum, I found reference to this, noticed the banned tags on a few members and wondered.

Then I come over here to the forum feedback thread and find not only is there a ban, but Pino wont even explain himself. As someone who has been on the receiving end of a moddy's wrath for a warning once, I get that usually it is between the Moddy and the bannee, but It would be nice for the Moddy to at least discuss in general what is acceptable and what isn't in this case. It would also be a little more intelligent to discuss this in a thread instaed of locking it off as if God came down from the heaven and declared Pino's law absolute. Just a thought.....

Heck..I am glad I am not a Moddy. I would ban a few people just for being idiots before being deposed, but I am smart enough to know you cant ban people for disagreeing with you. I almost get the sense that is what happened here.....and I think an explanation would be educational if nothing else.

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 18:40
After finding the thread, I see that the thread went off topic...big hairy deal. If the Indy Car Moddy closed every thread that went off topic, they all would have padlocks on em....

Pino...I respect your position and your opinion usually, but on this one, I think you owe the posters at large some sort of criteria. Close the thread perhaps, but to ban those six is just wrong.

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 18:54
Ihave been informed by a member that the thread has been alterned and the offending posts were removed. OK...lol.I take back some of what I said. Without seeing those posts, I cannot judge Pino. Shouldn't actually in this case since I was on the road when all of this went down.

24th October 2009, 19:33
For the most part, I think Pino has favoured certain members far too much, and allowed them to gang up, troll, be-little and bait one member in particular for daring not to see the world through British-centric F1 eyes.

But since one of those is amongst the banned, I think Pino finally saw his so-called friend for what he actually was....a pathetic little troll.

harsha
24th October 2009, 19:43
It really is amusing as to how people decide to launch their vile diatribe when the persons who are being targetted have no chance of hitting back...a real cheap shot.. :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 20:39
For the most part, I think Pino has favoured certain members far too much, and allowed them to gang up, troll, be-little and bait one member in particular for daring not to see the world through British-centric F1 eyes.

But since one of those is amongst the banned, I think Pino finally saw his so-called friend for what he actually was....a pathetic little troll.

C'mon Tam..name names..lol

Moddy's sometimes will play favourites, I get that.

My point is, and hasn't changed, that when you read the tea leaves here a few days later, no one who wasn't viewing the thread at the time has the first clue on what was said, who was right, who was wrong. We are left with a locked thread and no indication of what happened. It is sort of finding people missing, with little evidence of foul play, but you know there was....

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 20:40
It really is amusing as to how people decide to launch their vile diatribe when the persons who are being targetted have no chance of hitting back...a real cheap shot.. :rolleyes:

Isn't that what got someone banned in the first place? All is far in love and cheap shots...lol

Since Tam didn't name names, he is on safe ground. I have no stinking idea of to whom he is referring....

Easy Drifter
24th October 2009, 21:07
Mark: The thread was not only way off topic but getting very nasty. I and a couple of other posters tried to get it on track and calmed down. Pino, who had been busy with a family event, came on and spent a lot of time cleaning it up. He also issued two separate warnings to everyone to cool it. I know I was fed up and so were several other posters. I read most of it before Pino edited it but may have missed some stuff.
Pino took action and it was rather drastic.
I have had a run in with Pino but all in all he does a very good job.
I have too much of a temper to ever be a mod but I sure would have issued bans before Pino did. :eek:

harsha
24th October 2009, 21:11
what people have to understand is that "in a thread meant to congratulate Button and his fans,If you try to criticize him and make fun of him,you are obviously gonna get the thread diverted"

in that case,wouldn't it be the wise choice to ban the person who was responsible for leading the entire thread offtopic rather than ban the entire lot who if any i'm sure were reacting to the initial post.....

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 21:34
Mark: The thread was not only way off topic but getting very nasty. I and a couple of other posters tried to get it on track and calmed down. Pino, who had been busy with a family event, came on and spent a lot of time cleaning it up. He also issued two separate warnings to everyone to cool it. I know I was fed up and so were several other posters. I read most of it before Pino edited it but may have missed some stuff.
Pino took action and it was rather drastic.
I have had a run in with Pino but all in all he does a very good job.
I have too much of a temper to ever be a mod but I sure would have issued bans before Pino did. :eek:

Good lord, for 6 guys to be dumped, it must have been nasty.

After some introspection, I take it all back Pino..lol...ban em!!!! lol

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 21:35
what people have to understand is that "in a thread meant to congratulate Button and his fans,If you try to criticize him and make fun of him,you are obviously gonna get the thread diverted"

in that case,wouldn't it be the wise choice to ban the person who was responsible for leading the entire thread offtopic rather than ban the entire lot who if any i'm sure were reacting to the initial post.....

Perhaps Harsha. After getting the information from Drifter and others, I realize now it likely wasn't out of line. Just a little disturbing to find 6 people banned and no traces of the mudslinging left...

Langdale Forest
24th October 2009, 22:02
This is yet another thread that will probably be locked.

donKey jote
24th October 2009, 23:59
anyone who keeps posting in this sort of threads deserves a automatic ban for behaving like a two year old...

oops !

Fred Basset
25th October 2009, 00:03

Daniel! :laugh:

Valve Bounce
25th October 2009, 01:49

Just thought I'd get in before this thread is locked. harsha, you are totally wrong here. These guys were not banned because they went off topic - they were banned for getting nastier and nastier with each other and what they posted.

A mod does not have to explain anything to anyone - their job is to keep this place clean.

And I would like to take the opportunity once again to suggest that those who don't like the way things are run here, then please send me a PM and I will recommend another F1 discussion forum where they can enjoy themselves. It's a good one, I am one of its oldest members, so I am not being nasty. Just trying to say" If you don't like it here, there are other forums to visit."

P.S. I stand by pino.

Easy Drifter
25th October 2009, 02:44
Mark in Oshawa came in with reasonable requests being as how he, because of his job, was unable to see what went on.
I feel he has been (hope) satisfied either by PM or on here.
So let us close this thread ourselves, please.
Having either Mark or a mod do so is just going to create more problems.

DexDexter
25th October 2009, 11:56

I totally disagree with you.

Valve Bounce
25th October 2009, 12:50
Isn't that what got someone banned in the first place? All is far in love and cheap shots...lol

Since Tam didn't name names, he is on safe ground. I have no stinking idea of to whom he is referring....

I have to disagree. A cheap shot was leveled squarely at pino, and not only do I think it is unjustified, but I don't find it amusing at all.

I have on several occasions overstepped the mark. In most cases, the mods have been very patient with me when I get angry at a certain poster and have warned me via PM. Just because the mods do not post warnings on the forum for all to see doesn't mean they tolerate attacks on other posters. And I still have the warnings sent to me to prove it. Fortunately for me, I took the warnings in good faith and stopped getting mad at this guy.

Mark in Oshawa
25th October 2009, 15:29
I have to disagree. A cheap shot was leveled squarely at pino, and not only do I think it is unjustified, but I don't find it amusing at all.

I have on several occasions overstepped the mark. In most cases, the mods have been very patient with me when I get angry at a certain poster and have warned me via PM. Just because the mods do not post warnings on the forum for all to see doesn't mean they tolerate attacks on other posters. And I still have the warnings sent to me to prove it. Fortunately for me, I took the warnings in good faith and stopped getting mad at this guy.

VB...I have had the odd warning, and didn't heed one and had a time out. Starter was within his rights to do it and I agreed afterwards that I had been in the wrong. I don't need the Mod to post a public warning or anything like that. I appreciate the PM to the poster in question who is straying, but as I stated elsewhere, some tag saying the Mod's have deleted questionable posts and an explaination of sorts maybe is more educational. I started opening up this can of worms when I came home and read the thread and couldn't figure out how it went off the rails. I don't know how many posts were removed, but I suspect it was a ton of of them. Maybe like reading a book with the last 20 pages missing...lol

Anyhow...It is the last I will say on the subject. I know now, you guys in the F1 forum play for keeps apparently...

Dave B
25th October 2009, 18:31
The original thread was about Button, and if anybody thinks he's unworthy of his championship then fair enough if they want to express that in a mature and sensible way. It's not an anti-British sentiment as some have made out, and to drag nationality into it seriously derails the argument.

The big problem was one particular member who repeatedly replied to congratulatory posts basically just disagreeing without ever adding any reasoning. Once he'd made his point three or four times his behaviour simply became disruptive - the very definition of a troll.

When he was called out on his behaviour he started his usual trick of playing the victim and whining that the forum was ganging up on him. From there on in the thread became an unreadable mess.

I myself had to hold back, I really wanted to tell this joker what a disruptive idiot he was being; but in the end I acted on sensible advice from Daniel and simply put the poster on my ignore list. From there on in my forum experience got a whole lot better. Sadly some others carried on arguing and, in my opinion, lowered themself to his level.

Sadly I fear that after Abu Dhabi this person will return even more determined to troll the forums starting pointless fights. Like a wasp at a picnic, if we all remember that he's harmless and ignore him, maybe he'll get bored and go away.

harsha
25th October 2009, 19:26
Just thought I'd get in before this thread is locked. harsha, you are totally wrong here. These guys were not banned because they went off topic - they were banned for getting nastier and nastier with each other and what they posted.

nip the problem @ the roots...

Easy Drifter
25th October 2009, 21:56
True Harsha, but as mentioned there were no mods on line when it started. A few other posters tried to stop the feud with no luck before Pino got involved.
When Pino came on line he put two warnings in the thread and cleaned it up. I do not know if he issued PMs, nor is it any of my business.
It continued in spite of the warnings and Pino acted.
As mentioned Pino was busy with a family event so cannot be faulted for not stopping it earlier.
Mods are volunteers and do have lives outside of the forums!

Langdale Forest
25th October 2009, 22:09
I just think that it is best to avoid problems like this by not saying anything. :)

MrJan
25th October 2009, 22:18
I myself had to hold back, I really wanted to tell this joker what a disruptive idiot he was being; but in the end I acted on sensible advice from Daniel and simply put the poster on my ignore list. From there on in my forum experience got a whole lot better. Sadly some others carried on arguing and, in my opinion, lowered themself to his level.

Yeah I put Ioan on ignore once but soon found that the forum got incredibly dull :laugh: Now if I find a thread irritating there's a little X in a square box that I find sort of useful :D

For the record though I didn't even bother with the F1 forum after Brazil, it was obvious that it would be full of people saying that Button didn't deserve it, that x driver is better anc eventually end up as a Schumacher/Senna argument. However I wouldn't be surprised Pino took reasonable action, looking at the list of members who have been banned it seems to be a who's who of inflamatory posters who walk the tightrope of banningness on a weekly basis. Just my 2 cents :) (Because obviously the topic hasn't been discussed enough ;) )

Easy Drifter
26th October 2009, 03:47
Folks we are going nowhere here.
Everything has been brought up and discussed.
My suggestion is we stop here.
Let us shut this down on our own before the Mods or the Admin does.

Valve Bounce
26th October 2009, 07:29
Folks we are going nowhere here.
Everything has been brought up and discussed.
My suggestion is we stop here.
Let us shut this down on our own before the Mods or the Admin does.

Hey!! you know what?? I missed all the action. The race was on at 3 am, so I missed the race. Then the F1 replay was stated on the next night on the TV times but they replayed the Moto GP instead. Then, of course, I didn't check when the TV times said the Moto GP replay was on and they showed the F1 replay instead, so I missed that. By the time I logged onto Motorsport Forum, the congratulatory thread was locked, and the guys were already banned. :( :bigcry:

Langdale Forest
26th October 2009, 08:35
Oh dear...

Camelopard
26th October 2009, 09:20
I just think that it is best to avoid problems like this by not saying anything. :)

and using the "ignore" function, if something is blocked that I may think is worth reading then I'll un'ignore' them. Having had a few runins with ioan previously, I just 'ignore' him.

Mark
26th October 2009, 09:42
Then I come over here to the forum feedback thread and find not only is there a ban, but Pino wont even explain himself.

No. As often occurs in these situations, Pino has indeed explained himself, and incase you missed the many posts he made, the reason is that members were told to stop arguing and quieten down, but they failed to do so, on more than one occasion. So the only avenue remaining was temporary bans.

Remember that in such situations it's not only the instigator of trouble who is causing problems but the people arguing back too, now some of those arguing back were told to stop, they did not do so and so were given a temporary ban too.

I think perhaps "won't explain himself" is more like "won't back down"!

pino
26th October 2009, 10:05
Then I come over here to the forum feedback thread and find not only is there a ban, but Pino wont even explain himself.

Mark, half of my posts in F1 Forum are warnings and requests directed at forum members, not to mention (once again) the now 3 years old thread with rules stuck on top page...so do you really think I need to justify or explain myself when I give a temporarly ban ? :s

ArrowsFA1
26th October 2009, 13:16
Being a mod is a thankless task some of the time. The forum is full of differing opinions. If action is taken against a member then it's unfair. If it's not taken against others then that's unfair. Mods can even be accused of favouring certain members. It all comes as part of the "job".

It's a damn shame certain members have left the forum as a result of recent actions and reactions. They have made a great contribution to this forum over a number of years and their actions are a result of frustration. I know because I share that frustration.

Do not feed the trolls. They're often the ones quickest off the mark to complain about "personal attacks" or "mod favouritism" or something else when frequently they're the ones starting the fire and fanning the flames. If they're allowed to wreack a thread they often will.

It's not only the mods job to monitor the forum. They may be the ones who have the title and get the criticism, but members have a responsibility as well.

wedge
26th October 2009, 16:16

Ioan gets wound up too easily

You'd think getting banned on previous occasions is also a good dose of Kool Aid and he'd learn his lesson.

I would've backed Ioan in the Button/Brawn thread but didn't because the thread closed.

Dave B
26th October 2009, 17:30
The whole "British centric" thing is a red herring. There are plenty of British members who don't like Button and/or Hamilton; just because one shares a nationality one doesn't automatically have to support a driver.

Constructive criticism of Button's championship or any aspect of it is one thing, but constantly repeating the same point over and over and over - and without backing it up! - is something else.

DexDexter
26th October 2009, 17:30
Being a mod is a thankless task some of the time. The forum is full of differing opinions. If action is taken against a member then it's unfair. If it's not taken against others then that's unfair. Mods can even be accused of favouring certain members. It all comes as part of the "job".

It's a damn shame certain members have left the forum as a result of recent actions and reactions. They have made a great contribution to this forum over a number of years and their actions are a result of frustration. I know because I share that frustration.

Do not feed the trolls. They're often the ones quickest off the mark to complain about "personal attacks" or "mod favouritism" or something else when frequently they're the ones starting the fire and fanning the flames. If they're allowed to wreack a thread they often will.

It's not only the mods job to monitor the forum. They may be the ones who have the title and get the criticism, but members have a responsibility as well.

:up:

ArrowsFA1
26th October 2009, 17:46
The whole "British centric" thing is a red herring.

Garry Walker
26th October 2009, 18:56
I read the thread, but possibly after the "offending" posts had been removed already, as I did not see anything banworthy, but probably my standards in that regard are a bit different anyway.

In any case, moderating a group of children is always a difficult task, as if you give a finger, they will take the whole hand and if you take the finger away, then they will complain and cry like no-end. So getting the perfect balance is pretty much impossible.

So whilst I think pino overreacted a bit in banning those members, I can easily see his point and why he would do it and dont see anything irrational in his behaviour.
The only thing he really did wrong is that he didnt ban dunnell who spends his time crying about everything, all the time, and shows "tolerance" only when people agree with his views.

Fred Basset
26th October 2009, 19:02
I read the thread, but possibly after the "offending" posts had been removed already, as I did not see anything banworthy, but probably my standards in that regard are a bit different anyway.

In any case, moderating a group of children is always a difficult task, as if you give a finger, they will take the whole hand and if you take the finger away, then they will complain and cry like no-end. So getting the perfect balance is pretty much impossible.

So whilst I think pino overreacted a bit in banning those members, I can easily see his point and why he would do it and dont see anything irrational in his behaviour.
The only thing he really did wrong is that he didnt ban dunnell who spends his time crying about everything, all the time, and shows "tolerance" only when people agree with his views.

Got that right :up:

26th October 2009, 19:28
The whole "British centric" thing is a red herring. There are plenty of British members who don't like Button and/or Hamilton; just because one shares a nationality one doesn't automatically have to support a driver.

Constructive criticism of Button's championship or any aspect of it is one thing, but constantly repeating the same point over and over and over - and without backing it up! - is something else.

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, You would both say that, wouldn't you!

The fact that you are both members of the Brit-centric clique says it all.

Dave B
26th October 2009, 20:18
Tamb, you once posted some ignorant anti-British stuff (about the Silverstone crowd, remember?) that I considered racist, pure and simple. If I'd been a mod you'd have been banned for life, so your viewpoint doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

26th October 2009, 20:22
Tamb, you once posted some ignorant anti-British stuff (about the Silverstone crowd, remember?) that I considered racist, pure and simple. If I'd been a mod you'd have been banned for life, so your viewpoint doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Thank you for proving the point.

schmenke
26th October 2009, 20:30
Daniel!

The only thing he really did wrong is that he didnt ban dunnell ...

Unprovoked posts such as these, targeted at specific members (one of whom who currently has no means to respond :s ), merely compound the hostilities on the boards :s

Dave B
26th October 2009, 20:39
Thank you for proving the point.
But that kind of is the point. If I post that, for example, an Italian driver is sub-standard and justify it then fair enough. If I post that all Italian racing fans are ignorant idiots then I'd expect a ban. That's what you did about British fans at Silverstone. To be fair, a lot of posters of all nationalitles pointed out the error or your ways, and many of us learned that day to ignore anything you say.

My ignore list has just got longer ;)

MrJan
26th October 2009, 21:57
But that kind of is the point. If I post that, for example, an Italian driver is sub-standard and justify it then fair enough. If I post that all Italian racing fans are ignorant idiots then I'd expect a ban. That's what you did about British fans at Silverstone. To be fair, a lot of posters of all nationalitles pointed out the error or your ways, and many of us learned that day to ignore anything you say.

My ignore list has just got longer ;)

Tamby isn't racist though, just stupidly stubborn and unable to accept anything new. Poor little lamb just doesn't like accepting change, like how it's all about the British teams and drivers in F1 at the minute :D :D

Valve Bounce
26th October 2009, 23:31
It is very difficult to regard this forum from a moderator's aspect. Here we have one of the most respected (by me) ex moderators (Arrows) giving his explanation. I would say that members should put themselves in the position of forum moderator and then see how they have to curb what they can post themselves, and how they would react in the face of hostile posts, personal attacks, obscene innuendos on members and drivers, people who post constantly just to ridicule the ideas of other posters and their favorite drivers, ...............etc, and then retain this forum how they used to like it because they don't like the way it is now.

If it was up to me, there are a number of guys here that I would ban permanently for what they post for some of the fights they have started or flamed on and on, but then I would have to ban me too. :(

Many of us get sucked into fights, and are just itching to tell the other guy he is a crutch cranium, especially after we've had a few drinks. Hell!! we can even enjoy ourselves having a good stoush until the mod comes along and tells us to cool it - a mod cannot do that.

For this reason, I say again, I stand by pino; he has been extremely patient, and has done a bloody good job to give us a great place in the F1 forum.

wedge
27th October 2009, 00:57
If I was mod I'd close this thread by now. Seriously. This has turned worse than the Button/Brawn thread!

Perhaps we should have a special members section where we can bitch and moan and call our 'enemies' every name under the sun?

patnicholls
27th October 2009, 00:59
If I was mod I'd close this thread by now. Seriously. This has turned worse than the Button/Brawn thread!

Perhaps we should have a special members section where we can bitch and moan and call our 'enemies' every name under the sun?

I was starting to think the same thing even looking at this thread for the first time! :)

You do have a 'special members section' for all the name-calling - the private messages section ;)

patnicholls
27th October 2009, 01:17
Go on, my two cents on this furore since I'm not involved in the F1 forum for the vast majority of the time.

I'd say in terms of moderation we're fairly stretched at the minute - I reckon there's nine of us active in total covering the whole board and most sections have a single person only or no-one at all in the really quiet bits. And as we're always at pains to remind you, we have our other stuff away from this forum etc (I generally spend an hour or two on here in the evening if I'm in). Trawling through threads that have degenerated is a laborious task with not much fun in it for us as the 'cleaners'.

From what I can see, the six were banned (temporarily, let's not forget) banned for continuing to escalate the situation after repeatedly being told not to. If I had to delete 75 posts I'd be about ready to do the same, and I completely agree with pino and Mark's actions. The members in question are of course aware that they're welcome back, as they've clearly been generous and valuable contributors to the forum over time.

It is often a case of "we're damned if we do, damned if we don't" as Arrows said - as a Mod if you ban someone (temporarily or otherwise) you instantly become that poster's focus! And again as he said - much as it IS hard - don't rise to the trolls. Or if you do, do it on a PM...

BDunnell
27th October 2009, 01:18
You do have a 'special members section' for all the name-calling - the private messages section ;)

Well, one of the contributors to this thread has certainly tried that one before...

Mark
27th October 2009, 09:34
And again...

I've had to delete some personal attacks on this very thread, and some of the posts responding to them.

I don't expect to see such things here, especially in a thread discussing members being banned for that very reason!

28th October 2009, 19:04
If I post that all Italian racing fans are ignorant idiots then I'd expect a ban. That's what you did about British fans at Silverstone.

It is a simple, honest observation.......and since I'm British, how is that racist?

markabilly
28th October 2009, 23:37
Hey!! you know what?? I missed all the action. The race was on at 3 am, so I missed the race. Then the F1 replay was stated on the next night on the TV times but they replayed the Moto GP instead. Then, of course, I didn't check when the TV times said the Moto GP replay was on and they showed the F1 replay instead, so I missed that. By the time I logged onto Motorsport Forum, the congratulatory thread was locked, and the guys were already banned. :( :bigcry:
It is not too late to join them via some other thread, I say go for it :bounce:

markabilly
29th October 2009, 00:10
Ioan gets wound up too easily

You'd think getting banned on previous occasions is also a good dose of Kool Aid and he'd learn his lesson.

I would've backed Ioan in the Button/Brawn thread but didn't because the thread closed.
i will drink to that.... :beer:

Anyway, I peeked in and it was all very very clear that it was very mean spirited.

When I was in high school, we played this "game" of taking shots from each other on the arms. You were required to stand there while he hit you as hard as possible with his fist. Then it was your turn. First one to give up, was the loser. But to lose, you had to be the last one to take a hit, and then holler "I quit". :arrows:

Then there was all sorts of flesh cutting humor dumped on me and in return, I dumped right back, to see who could dish it out best and take the best shot anyone had to give. No :bigcry: allowed

But then there were true "fighting words"--when it went way beyond give and take, but was now intended to be for blood. Hard to describe the difference, but we knew it when it happened and then it was time to get down to some real ass kicking of the serious kind.

Problem around here is that only a few can take as good as they would like to give.........and mods who may not know the difference between that and true "fighting words"------indeed I have seen a few comments from a couple of mods that if they were spoken to my face on the street, there would be some serious business happening right then and there. Sort of like do as I demand, not as I do.

But be that as it may, when I peeked into that thread from my office computer, what I saw was true fighting words of the personal nature, clearly intended to be exactly that, without any question. And it went on and on.

To those who say it was not right and it was not fair to ban six members, I agree.

The survivors should be glad it was Pino and not me, or more than six would have been banned for a lot longer......

anybody who knows my history, knows i have always been on the opposite side of the fence about bans....but not this time.

Valve Bounce
1st November 2009, 12:09
pino, you've got a big heart. :) Some will accuse you of being a big softy now. But deep down, you've gotta be one of the nicest mods around!!

Mark in Oshawa
2nd November 2009, 00:17
Mark, half of my posts in F1 Forum are warnings and requests directed at forum members, not to mention (once again) the now 3 years old thread with rules stuck on top page...so do you really think I need to justify or explain myself when I give a temporarly ban ? :s

Pino, it just was a little disconceting to read the thread and find most of what you objected to gone and I was left sort of wondering what started it all. After a week to think about it, I cant quibble with what you did. Talking to Drifter, I learned more or less what brought it all on. I guess I was just looking for evidence that something HAD happened, not so much for your justification. In my dealings with all the moddy's I have talked to, Starter in particular over the years, I cant complain with the job you guys do nor the standards you are asking for. I may not always agree, but you see it from a perspective I don't and I have no quarrel with the job you do. I guess I just wanted evidence that something had happened in that thread and there was nothign there since you removed all the offending posts. If there was a tag saying posts 70 through 110 were removed then the reader of the thread would realize something had happened.

Daniel
2nd November 2009, 00:18
I'd just like to say that I completely agree with what Pino did.

Valve Bounce
2nd November 2009, 01:53
I'd just like to say that I completely agree with what Pino did.

Hi Daniel - glad to see you back too. :)

ioan
2nd November 2009, 19:13

Don't distort reality, I for one didn't post any insult to any member in that thread, and anyone can ask pino to re post all my posts from that thread if some don't believe it.
Sure I didn't praise Button like others do as I think there is little to praise, but that's all.
I don't give a damn about the ban, but I do care about the facts being kept straight.

Daniel
2nd November 2009, 19:14
Don't distort reality, I for one didn't post any insult to any member in that thread, and anyone can ask pino to re post all my posts from that thread if some don't believe it.

I don't give a damn about the ban, but I do care about the facts being kept straight.
Ioan, you didn't exactly help on that thread. You responded to one of our departed members trolling efforts which isn't a smart thing to do.

VB, it wasn't the most nasty of threads tbh but it did go way off topic and Pino did warn people.

ioan
2nd November 2009, 19:25
Ioan, you didn't exactly help on that thread. You responded to one of our departed members trolling efforts which isn't a smart thing to do.

Yes I did respond, and unlike what Dave claims I did substantiate my view about calling Button a weak champion, but I never called anyone names or proffered insults and I want that to be known to everyone who didn't read that thread back then.

I don't say that my post were not provocative at all to die hard Button fans as that clearly wasn't the case.

Daniel
2nd November 2009, 19:28
Yes I did respond, and unlike what Dave claims I did substantiate my view about calling Button a weak champion, but I never called anyone names or proffered insults and I want that to be known to everyone who didn't read that thread back then.

I don't say that my post were not provocative at all to die hard Button fans as that clearly wasn't the case.
Ioan, let's not continue this. It's water under the bridge now.

BeansBeansBeans
2nd November 2009, 19:52
It wasn't getting nasty at all. There was a lot of bickering, and everybody (well, six of us) ignored the warnings, hence the ban. Fair enough, I reckon, but let's stick to the facts.

Daniel
2nd November 2009, 19:57
It wasn't getting nasty at all. There was a lot of bickering, and everybody (well, six of us) ignored the warnings, hence the ban. Fair enough, I reckon, but let's stick to the facts.
Rubbish BBB!!!!!! It was unfair and unconstitutional! :p We should start our respective "I'm leaving boohoo" threads for a bit of sympathy and hope that the people we disagree with and troll on a regular basis get banned :p Eh? Eh? :D

Then while others are banned lets have lots of childish snipes at them in other threads whilst they can't respond because that proves that we're big men :laugh:

Langdale Forest
2nd November 2009, 20:03
What is the point of being a SNIPER?

Langdale Forest
2nd November 2009, 20:07
This thread is becombing the the original problem thread.

pino
2nd November 2009, 20:08
Those members were banned for ignoring my requests, end of the story...end of the topic !