PDA

View Full Version : Targa Tasmania The Game

raybak
23rd October 2009, 08:05
Announced today that Targa Tasmania will have a game out next year.

With all the famous stages such as Cethana, Mt Arrowsmith etc plus the ability to compete as either the driver or the nav. 70 plus cars to use as well.

Will be interesting to see what it's like.

The developer is DOZYCOW. Never heard of them, but will do some googling to find out some info about them.

Ray

Bruce D
23rd October 2009, 09:06
How do you compete as the nav???

raybak
23rd October 2009, 09:36
Dunno how it all works, have only seen the news that was sent to me today. Will try and find out some info over the weekend.

Ray

lcd
23rd October 2009, 10:07
Sounds Interesting!
Too bad It's all tarmac... :(

Bruce D
23rd October 2009, 11:54
Targa is also classic cars too, isn't it?

grugsticles
23rd November 2009, 00:26
Not a bad idea, but I dont think it will be financially viable because its only really aimed at the Australian market.

Macd
23rd November 2009, 20:50
Sounds interesting. would be good if they released it in Europe

wedge
23rd November 2009, 23:45
Console? PC?

Rat
24th November 2009, 07:19
whats the different to the Corsica Rally, thats all tarmac? the Targa Tassie is all about the Classics!

raybak
25th November 2009, 11:29
Targa Tassie is about the competition, not just the classics. There are plenty of modern cars, I think last year there were about 20 EVO 9 Lancers and a few EVO 10's.

They have a new website http://www.targa-game.com

Not much on there yet but looking forward to when it launches.

I'll be doing Targa Wrest Point and Targa Tassie in an EVO 9 Lancer next year.

Ray

Bruce D
25th November 2009, 13:34
Evo 9? You upgrading from the Daihatsu, Ray?

raybak
27th November 2009, 05:34
Nah going to be codriving. The Daihatsu is only for the gravel and will be doing the AMSAG Fwd championship next year. Codriving in ARC and APRC with Derek Reynolds in another EVO.

Ray

Dozycow
17th March 2010, 05:32
Hi Guys, I'm the Lead Developer on Targa Tasmania: The Game and thought I'd drop in and answer some of your questions.

These questions will be added to the FAQ on the official website http://www.targa-game.com along with others that have been asked elsewhere. There is also a Facebook fan page for anyone who frequents social media http://www.facebook.com/pages/Targa-Tasmania-The-Game/172408943584

Thanks for showing an interest in this project and keep a lookout for updates in the near future.

- Adam Schofield, Dozycow

How do you compete as the nav???

In the same way you compete as a navigator in real world rallies, by calling the corners for the driver. The driver of the car can be either an AI driver or another player, allowing for some innovative co-op multiplayer action.

Sounds interesting. would be good if they released it in Europe

We are distributing the game digitally rather than the traditional bricks and mortar store method so you can expect a release in Europe.

Console? PC?

There are 3 phases to the release plan. At launch the game will be available for PC (Windows and OS X), then for mobile (iPhone and Android) and finally for the major consoles.

NeverKnow
17th March 2010, 12:09
Looks good so far. What can we expect from gameplay point of few? Will it be arcade, semi-sim or simulator. How many stages are in this game and how long are they in average?

Daniel
17th March 2010, 12:40
Interesting idea.

Will you be using the engine for any other games? As someone from Australia living overseas I can't see this being awfully popular (outside of Australia) mainly because outside Australia it's not a hugely well known event and something as well known as V8 Supercars needs to be put in with BTCC and WTCC cars to make a viable game.

If you could offer something like the Mille Miglia, Targa Florio etc etc then the market would be much bigger.

You mention digital distribution, you get a BIG thumbs up from me on this :up: Will this be through Steam?

Just my 2 cents of course :)

lcd
17th March 2010, 15:20
Will there be any gravel rallies Included? ( I hope so!)

Daniel
17th March 2010, 15:24
Will there be any gravel rallies Included? ( I hope so!)
targa tasmania is COMPLETELY tarmac so I would say no.

lcd
17th March 2010, 16:58
Oh I see...Thanx Daniel.

habsalot
23rd March 2010, 20:26
Sounds great.
In Canada, we have the Targa Newfoundland inspired by the Targa TAZ and Australia I believe.
It is always well attended with drivers from across Canada and US with some international participants , New Zealand and Germany last year (2009 ). This would indicate some NA interest. Hope the game is available this side of the pond as well.
Check out : targanewfoundland.com and some vids on YouTube Great footage. Even some coverage on US tv on occasion.

I will been watching for this one !

raybak
24th March 2010, 09:03
Sounds great.
In Canada, we have the Targa Newfoundland inspired by the Targa TAZ and Australia I believe.

Yeah, an event I would like to do one day.

Ray

306 Cosworth
25th March 2010, 21:48
This has the potential to be a very good and interesting game. I for one will be buying it once it's available for PS3 (Depends if GT5 appears first though!)