PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

Vez
22nd October 2009, 23:09
I need help in finding sponsorship for my racing for next season. If anyone can help or knows of someone who may be interested, please contact me via PM.

Attached is a picture of my race car.

Jag_Warrior
22nd October 2009, 23:24
Quite a sharp machine you've got there. Unfortunately I don't know of any sponsorship opportunities for you, especially being that I'm in the U.S. But I did want to comment on that car. Very nice!

Garry Walker
23rd October 2009, 11:24
All nice, except you have given us no info.
Your name, achievements, experience - nothing.

Do you really think I would recommend someone to contact you in such a case?

Vez
25th October 2009, 19:24
Ok Garry.

My name is Verity Banks I’m a 24 year old female racing driver, who is hard working and determined to succeed and move up the racing ladder racing sportscars.

After doing two years of indoor kart racing and four years of outdoor kart racing I went into car racing during my final year of kart racing.

I’m in my fourth year of car racing;
First year: I raced in the BARC SE Track & Race Saloon Car Championship and Welsh Sports and Saloon Car Championship in a Proton, with Advent Motorsport; I achieved four 3rd in class (Castle Combe, Brands Hatch), a 2nd in class (Brands Hatch) and a Driver of the Day trophy (Pembrey).

Second year: I raced in the Bike-Sports Series in an ADR2, with Coen Motorsport; I achieved a 7th in class (Brands Hatch), two 5th in class (Snetterton), two 4th in class (Snetterton and Brands Hatch) and two 1st in class and a fastest lap (Pembrey).

Third year: I had mechanical problems so didn’t get out to race, but did some testing.

Fourth year: I’ve been racing in the BRSCC Race.TV Open Sportscar Series in an ADR XP with Coen Motorsport; I’ve achieved two 3rd in class (Silverstone and Donington Park), six 2nd in class (Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Rockingham, Oulton Park and Snetterton) and a 1st in class and fastest lap (Rockingham). I’m at the top of my class standings.

I’ve driven/tested in various other types of cars including: a Renault Clio, a Caterham 7, a Mini Cooper S, a Ford Focus and a Formula Vee.

I'm hoping to continue with the same series (which will be made into a championship next year). It's televised on Motors TV.

I hope this helps. If anyone can or knows of someone who might be able to help it would be very much appreciated.

Garry Walker
26th October 2009, 18:01
That is more like it.

As I am not UK based, I can`t really recommend anyone, but I wish you good luck in your racing career and hopefully someone will give you the financial backing that you need.

Vez
6th November 2009, 19:53
Just thought I would mention, on November 21-22 there is an event at Brands Hatch (UK) called RaceCar Live!

This is an event which showcases different types of cars for various series/championships - from sportscars to single-seaters, GTs and saloons.

I will be there (more likely to be there on the Sunday) on the ADR/Coen Motorsport Stand, so if anyone would like to come up and chat you are more than welcome.

MakinenLoeb
6th November 2009, 20:13
You have a very nice looking race car there and i wish you all the best in your career. but since i live in nz i can't help with the financial situation.

Valve Bounce
6th November 2009, 21:55
Lovely car. Since you are a girl, may I suggest that some cosmetic company might like to sponsor you. They charge heaps for cosmetics these days, and a lovely fast advertiser would simply enhance their perfumes/creams/lotions.

Good luck with that lovely car.