PDA

View Full Version : Byeeeeee

Freebee
22nd October 2009, 14:29
Hi Chaps

Some on here may know this identity ;)

I'm retireing after the recent furore as I fundementally disagree with the bans.

However, I have very much enjoyed my years on here and wish good luck to all of you.

I would particularly like to endorse the work of the Mods on here despite the recent events. However, they are human and cut them some slack. If you don't like it, do as I do and vote with your feet as nobody forces anyone to stay here.

See you later.

Mark
22nd October 2009, 14:48
Knockie,
I think it's an overreaction, and you are welcome to return, however if you decide not to, good luck in the future :up:

LazySunbather
22nd October 2009, 15:04
Hello all

I apologise for using an old log-in (which I set-up some years ago after problems with my existing log-in) but I couldn’t resist signing in after seeing Knockie’s post. I feel the same way as him about this situation. I have been banned for absolutely no reason at all, as far as I can see. All I did in the thread in question was to draw attention to the way it was once again being dragged off topic, in the same way that Arrows and others have both on here and in the thread.

I fully sympathise with the hassle Pino has to put up with, but I feel it would’ve been courteous to give a warning or at least a reason for the banning, via PM or email. As it is I have received nothing and have no right to reply.

Ultimately, the banning seems to have worked as the F1 forum looks to be a much more pleasant place. I only fear that you’ve thrown several babies out with a small amount of bathwater.

Regards

BBB

wedge
22nd October 2009, 16:41
An utter shame, IMHO

Mark, if you think Knocky was over reacting then surely so was banning the Button/Brawn Six?

Closing the thread regarding this incident and 'drawing a line under it' does not inspire confidence how the forum is run.

Instead of saying how a thankless task Pino does he is human and his moderation will not be perfect. Nine times out of ten Pino does an excellent job but surely would it not be better to learn from mistakes and make Pino 9.5/10 instead of closing a thread hoping to draw a line under it? Isn't that the whole point of the Feedback Forum, ways to improve how the Forum as a whole?

Fred Basset
22nd October 2009, 16:52
Hasn't Knock On left forever at least 5 times in the long and distant past? LOL

inimitablestoo
22nd October 2009, 20:23
He'll be back next year, plastered with Virgin stickers and will end up winning F1 PickEms ;)

22nd October 2009, 21:10
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

donKey jote
22nd October 2009, 22:41
Byeeee :wave:

boohoo :laugh:

:dozey:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

donKey jote
22nd October 2009, 22:45
Hasn't Knock On left forever at least 5 times in the long and distant past? LOL
yeah well who knows... perhaps he'll come back as a resentful "Knock O" - without the "n" :rolleyes:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Valve Bounce
23rd October 2009, 00:52
I hope you have a great place to enjoy yourself. Maybe the remaining members of the gang of 6 will join you there to continue the animated discussion on the successes of Brawn, bunsen and Branson in a useful and constructive thread there.

Easy Drifter
23rd October 2009, 04:21
I am very supportive of Pino. I do know he takes on far more than moderating the sometimes nasty F1 forum.
As a suggestion, and only a suggestion, would Pino, probably in conjunction with Mark and a couple of other moderators from other areas (Starter?) consider reviewing the posts that resulted in the bans? Actually review the whole thread.
Now with a little cooling off period by everyone things might appear different.
I know that would be a very time consuming exercise for all concerned.
It might result in somes bans being lifted or it might result in additional ones!
I am only making a suggestion to possibly result in a less hostile enviroment as people will feel there is a peer review of contraversial rulings.
Again I support Pino and if we, for whatever reason lost him, this Forum would be the far worse for it.

Valve Bounce
23rd October 2009, 05:03
..............the result of the review to be announced after Abu Dhabi. I think that is a great idea.

Mark
23rd October 2009, 09:07
..............the result of the review to be announced after Abu Dhabi. I think that is a great idea.

As I've said before, the bans will be lifted after the Abu Dhabi GP. It will not be revisited before then!

Dave B
23rd October 2009, 09:46
How the heck am I still here? :uhoh:

Bezza
23rd October 2009, 09:58
Hello all

I apologise for using an old log-in (which I set-up some years ago after problems with my existing log-in) but I couldn’t resist signing in after seeing Knockie’s post. I feel the same way as him about this situation. I have been banned for absolutely no reason at all, as far as I can see. All I did in the thread in question was to draw attention to the way it was once again being dragged off topic, in the same way that Arrows and others have both on here and in the thread.

I fully sympathise with the hassle Pino has to put up with, but I feel it would’ve been courteous to give a warning or at least a reason for the banning, via PM or email. As it is I have received nothing and have no right to reply.

Ultimately, the banning seems to have worked as the F1 forum looks to be a much more pleasant place. I only fear that you’ve thrown several babies out with a small amount of bathwater.

Regards

BBB

I sympathize with both you and Knock-On, BBB. It was lazy moderation to just ban everybody rather than pick out the real culprits. We were also told by pino that what happened stays between the moderators and the members and he will only speak to them, however clearly pino didn't bother to PM/email you - so this was a bit of a white lie from him.

Anyway this has been done to death now. I personally am not going to retire from the forum on the basis of one moderator but I am bleeding well not happy.

Valve Bounce
23rd October 2009, 09:58
How the heck am I still here? :uhoh:

Send me a PM and I will try to find a happier place for you.

Mark
23rd October 2009, 10:24
I sympathize with both you and Knock-On, BBB. It was lazy moderation to just ban everybody rather than pick out the real culprits. We were also told by pino that what happened stays between the moderators and the members and he will only speak to them, however clearly pino didn't bother to PM/email you - so this was a bit of a white lie from him.

Anyway this has been done to death now. I personally am not going to retire from the forum on the basis of one moderator but I am bleeding well not happy.

Slag the moderators or me off as much as you like, but calling anyone a liar isn't acceptable!

Mark
23rd October 2009, 10:37
Oh btw, yes there was a problem with banned members not being able to use the PM system. That one was my fault. I'd told pino I'd fixed it so banned members could use PM's but neglected to say what usergroup that applied to. In it's widsom the forum persmissions system has about 50 usergroups relating to bans!

I've now moved the Brawn Six into a different usergroup