PDA

View Full Version : Apple gatecrashes Widows 7's party

Valve Bounce
20th October 2009, 23:17
For all the guys here who hate Microsoft and love Apple, here is the article: http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/computers/apple-gatecrashes-windows-7s-coming-out-party-20091021-h76b.html?autostart=1

Not only is the new Apple better, but it is significantly less expensive than their older models. Please note that the prices quoted in this article are in Australian dollars and prices are in Oz. I am sure the prices in the US are even more attractive.

Makes me wonder what Apple will do with their older models, and how they intend to get rid of them. "Hey!! here is the older model which is test proven by satisfied customers for years, they are made from better materials than the new ones, they are more reliable, but hey!! you have to pay $400 more." I don't think so!!

So now, I await for replies from fousto, his many friends, and the rebuttals from Daniel. :)

P.S. I wonder if our Costco will have these new Apples!!

Waddaya say, eki??

Sleeper
20th October 2009, 23:44
Having used a mac, I'll stick with a PC.

gloomyDAY
20th October 2009, 23:57
Hmmmm......let me pay 1,700 bucks for a big glossy screen and magic mouse.

http://aperio.org/media/mediabum/Lol_Gifs_27.gif

No thanks. I'm not a sucker.
I just looked up the specs of the new iMac 27" and started laughing.
Didn't know that choosing a quad core was a new option.

Also, just because I'm not a fan of Apple doesn't mean that I'm a friend of fousto.

Valve Bounce
21st October 2009, 01:23
As I said above, the prices in the US are much lower especially when you take into consideration that AUD$1 = around 92 cents US.

For the Australians, check out these prices here: http://store.apple.com/us

We are being robbed in Australia.

By the way, my 6 years old Dell PC, although pronounced "dead" by DELL support and Cyberscrub AV, is still functioning perfectly, so its demise is very much exaggerated.

Jag_Warrior
21st October 2009, 02:46
I've owned Apple stock for several years. As of this week, I see a Mac of some type entering my home in the not so distant future. Thanks, Steve Jobs. I love ya, man! :love:

If my money had been in MSFT, it would have been dead money for the past 5 years or so.

If I want something else to tweak, work on or take to a shop for repairs, I'll buy another old car. I just want my computer to work... EVERYTIME I turn it on. When this XP box dies, I'll buy the cheapest thing possible that runs a Winders OS, that I'll have to use for certain applications. But other than that, I'm going with a Mac next time!

gloomyDAY
21st October 2009, 03:17
As I said above, the prices in the US are much lower especially when you take into consideration that AUD$1 = around 92 cents US.

By the way, my 6 years old Dell PC, although pronounced "dead" by DELL support and Cyberscrub AV, is still functioning perfectly, so its demise is very much exaggerated.I think the best Apple for my use would be their notebook. $900 (student discount) and free shipping. Not too bad, but I'm a broke college kid. I could get a brand new PC for about $600 with a lot more kit.

Valve Bounce
21st October 2009, 03:39
I think the best Apple for my use would be their notebook. $900 (student discount) and free shipping. Not too bad, but I'm a broke college kid. I could get a brand new PC for about $600 with a lot more kit.

I hear ya!! If you are at college and you have financial restraints, then you can only do the best that you can afford to meet the requirements of your studies. Your studies at this juncture are far more important than any extra curricula indulgences, including wasting your time here in this forum. Why aren't you studying??!! :eek:

Roamy
21st October 2009, 06:19
I think the best Apple for my use would be their notebook. $900 (student discount) and free shipping. Not too bad, but I'm a broke college kid. I could get a brand new PC for about $600 with a lot more kit.

yea but if you get the mac maybe someday you will get out of school! :)

Mark
21st October 2009, 08:36
Macs are find. Windows machines are fine. They all do stuff, which is what you want them for.

Linux is fine even.. oh wait, no it's not..

harsha
21st October 2009, 11:02
the macbook air is about 90k rupees in India...you can get a better spec laptop in India for half the price(compaq,hp etc etc) but i still want the MacBook Air :D

MrJan
21st October 2009, 13:07
Macs are find. Windows machines are fine. They all do stuff, which is what you want them for.

Linux is fine even.. oh wait, no it's not..

:up: You like what you like for why you like it (perfect sense). I've used Macs and Macbooks and didn't get on with them (probably mainly due to learning computers with a PC) but I have nothing against Apple, in fact my iPod is probably the first thing I would grab if my house was on fire. All these arguments between the two platforms are for tossers IMO

Aikidoka
22nd October 2009, 09:11
the macbook air is about 90k rupees in India...you can get a better spec laptop in India for half the price(compaq,hp etc etc) but i still want the MacBook Air :D

Yup - the Air is gorgeous, but overpriced. For a little more you can get a Macbook Pro, which while it's a heavier machine, it is also more powerful and upgradeable.

Jag_Warrior
23rd October 2009, 05:47
Given the topic, I thought this was kinda funny...

Id_kGL3M5Cg

Roamy
23rd October 2009, 07:46

By the way, my 6 years old Dell PC, although pronounced "dead" by DELL support and Cyberscrub AV, is still functioning perfectly, so its demise is very much exaggerated.

Well what the hell do you expect - a bunch of criminals living half way round the world :) plus the training for you "Roo's" is very difficult :)

harvick#1
23rd October 2009, 23:01

I had a PC and now a Mac, and the Mac is so so so much better, never freezes, no viruses, no dealing with McA. and it runs alot smoother than a PC

Valve Bounce
24th October 2009, 01:06
Well what the hell do you expect - a bunch of criminals living half way round the world :) plus the training for you "Roo's" is very difficult :)

There's a big difference between convicts and criminals. Just watch The Wire and you'll understand.

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 05:31
I would get a Mac, but I can put up with the odd glitch for a computer that is half the price of a Mac.

Don't need much to surf the net...