PDA

View Full Version : Why do all bad things come at once?

speedy king
20th February 2007, 17:59
This month i have to pay £96 tax, and a week ago the clutch seemed to slip going in to 3rd gear once, and it done it again today. To add to problems, last night i got a really bad strong smell of Diesel in the car. Went out to it this morning and there was puddles left under the car where i had parked. Drove to work, got out when i arrived and found it was dripping with oil and fuel and stank again. When i left this evening i pulled over after pulling off and it was fine but as soon as it got hot it started leaking once more and the fumes were so bad they stung my eyes.

I fear this is expensive.....what could it be gone wrong?

it's a 95 Peugeot 306 D-Turbo with 103k, the fuel seems to be dripping off the bottom of the engine plate under the car and the front of the main block is all wet with fuel where the Injectors sit above

jim mcglinchey
20th February 2007, 19:03
probably one of your high pressure fuel pipes is either loose or cracked. Nip them all up with the requisite spainard, but they can be a bugger to access. Even if ones cracked its not a big job replacing it with an item from the breakers.

GridGirl
20th February 2007, 19:30
I know how you feel Speedy King, me and my other half will have paid in excess of £2000 in repairs and insurance on out cars in the space of a month and we've suffered from both of your problems.

The clutch, I'd probably get fixed as soon as you can. At least you have some warning, mine went last week, it slipped once going into 3rd and when we tried for 4th there was nothing. It might not be cheap but getting it fixed now, but it will be better than waiting to be towed off the motorway like I had to be.

I dont know about your car specifically, I'm no mechanic but after an altercation with a bollard my other half had to have the fuel lines replaced on his Skoda Fabia VRS. Not sure this will realte to the problems your having with your car, but the bill came to almost £600 in the end. I hope nothing too serious is wrong with them, and your problem can be easily and cheaply fixed.

Daniel
20th February 2007, 19:37
This month i have to pay £96 tax, and a week ago the clutch seemed to slip going in to 3rd gear once, and it done it again today. To add to problems, last night i got a really bad strong smell of Diesel in the car. Went out to it this morning and there was puddles left under the car where i had parked. Drove to work, got out when i arrived and found it was dripping with oil and fuel and stank again. When i left this evening i pulled over after pulling off and it was fine but as soon as it got hot it started leaking once more and the fumes were so bad they stung my eyes.

I fear this is expensive.....what could it be gone wrong?

it's a 95 Peugeot 306 D-Turbo with 103k, the fuel seems to be dripping off the bottom of the engine plate under the car and the front of the main block is all wet with fuel where the Injectors sit above
Speedy. It may be possible that the diesel is what's causing the clutch to slip as well. I'm no mechanic but I have heard of diesel leaks causing other problems such as clutch slipping before.

captin 1 VXR
20th February 2007, 19:40
speedy king i know the feeling van packed up alternater gone bang ... so i use the car and that dose not get used to much and monday thought thats loud sounds ruff .. and tonight rear box is banging on rear bumper arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr even more money ...

with u car it could be a injector leaking or as the others say one of the fuel lines if i recall . u should have a fuel filter on left hand side of the motor it might be it needs to change it

luvracin
20th February 2007, 19:45
All the advice is good sofar however I have one other thing to say that may or may not be welcomed. However, as a fuel systems engineer I can't NOT say it.

STOP DRIVING THE DAMN CAR!

If you have a fuel leak then you are a danger to yourself and others. Fuel on roads is very slippery. If it gets on your tyres you are at risk. Risk of fire isn't as great as it would be with gasoline/petrol but it's also a consideration.

LotusElise
20th February 2007, 22:47
A good point, I keep hearing about bikers having offs on diesel spills.