PDA

View Full Version : Applying for a new passport

Brown, Jon Brow
19th October 2009, 22:40
Okay

I'm applying for my first passport as an adult. I have had a childs passport previously, but obviously it has now expired.

Can I apply through the renewal procedure? Or do I need to go through the first passport procedure that includes an interview?

J4MIE
19th October 2009, 22:54
When a child reaches 16, the next passport they apply for once their current passport runs out should be a ten-year adult passport renewal.

Renewal of an adult passport it looks like - a hefty £77.50 for a standard sized one.

GridGirl
19th October 2009, 22:54
The wording isn't particually clear but you are still renewing your passport and not obtaining a passport forthe first time. :) Its still quite expensive. :s

Brown, Jon Brow
19th October 2009, 23:01
The wording on the website confused me. You would think a government website would be clearer.

It is the time element that is my concern, not the cost. I need it for min-November. This should be okay at this time of year if I go through the renewal procedure, but it would be difficult if I had to go through the first adult passport procedure.

J4MIE
19th October 2009, 23:04
Jon go for the adult renewal. You can pay a few pounds for the post office to check it before it gets sent off if you aren't sure. Or give the IPS a call.

I had to renew mine last January before I went to Egypt and it came back in about 4 days, expensive but good service.

Where are you off to?

Brown, Jon Brow
19th October 2009, 23:08
Jon go for the adult renewal. You can pay a few pounds for the post office to check it before it gets sent off if you aren't sure. Or give the IPS a call.

I had to renew mine last January before I went to Egypt and it came back in about 4 days, expensive but good service.

Where are you off to?

I will use the 'check and send' service at the Post Office.

My friends have invited me to their 21st birthday weekend (two best friends born within a day of each other) in Amsterdam. :)

J4MIE
20th October 2009, 01:35
Sounds messy.................... enjoy!

Valve Bounce
20th October 2009, 01:43
Okay

I'm applying for my first passport as an adult. I have had a childs passport previously, but obviously it has now expired.

Can I apply through the renewal procedure? Or do I need to go through the first passport procedure that includes an interview?

First, you have to prove that you are not an illegal immigrant. Going in with a Balmy Army T-shirt will greatly help!! Next, you have to show that you enjoy drinking warm beer. And thirdly, you must keep repeating: "Jenson Button is the greatest!!"

Daniel
20th October 2009, 08:20
First, you have to prove that you are not an illegal immigrant. Going in with a Balmy Army T-shirt will greatly help!! Next, you have to show that you enjoy drinking warm beer. And thirdly, you must keep repeating: "Jenson Button is the greatest!!"

Also, breathe in tiny bits of pot smoke and walk around saying how stoned you are and buy as many of the naff t-shirts and souvenirs as you can :p

MrJan
20th October 2009, 09:22

Don't forget the part where you mention to Australians that England won the Ashes ;)