PDA

View Full Version : Los Donkeys os los racos

harsha
18th October 2009, 21:25
ok...

Trulli,Kova and Barrichello for me...harsh on Rubens but he had lost that championship way before getting a puncture

jimakos
18th October 2009, 21:26
Barrichello,Trulli,Fisichella

donKey jote
18th October 2009, 21:27
myself for losing the donkey thread race :p :

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

BDunnell
18th October 2009, 21:30
Trulli. The mistake he made wasn't especially stupid, but his over-reaction afterwards made him look idiotic in my eyes at least. First time I've ever thought that of Jarno — very disappointing.

harsha
18th October 2009, 21:31
Probably one of the rare occasions that Sutil had reason to feel agrieved :p :

Robinho
18th October 2009, 21:33
Trulli all day, for the incident, the reaction and then the interview afterwards where he was still pointing the finger

ioan
18th October 2009, 21:36
myself for losing the donkey thread race :p :

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

:D

ioan
18th October 2009, 21:37
Trulli for the idiot of the race, no question about that.
He first rammed Sutil out of the track and than wanted to lecture him about how it should be done properly. His on and off track behavior was a disgrace.

I see that people are mentioning Rubens in this thread for no reason at all, but none of them mention about Jenson whining because he was unable to overtake a rookie. :D

Robinho
18th October 2009, 21:44
He first rammed Sutil out of the track and than wanted to lecture him about how it should be done properly. His on and off track behavior was a disgrace.

I see that people are mentioning Rubens in this thread for no reason at all, but none of them mention about Jenson whining because he was unable to overtake a rookie. :D
was that the rookie that he did then overtake, who Vettel couldn't pass and who then took out Nakajima?

i do agree that Rubens should not be in the Donkey thread - he simply didn't have the race pace, and was unlucky with the puncture, although he did squeeze Hamilton very tight he did nothing to deserve Donkey status.

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 21:45

The Japanese driver weaved whenever Jenson - who was quicker - closed on him. Even the commentators spotted that.

Donkey of the race was definitely Fisichella who has now performed worse than Badoer and yet not a word of public criticism is heard......

Also Trulli. Bet you he would not try that out of car stunt with Mark Webber!!! :D

ioan
18th October 2009, 21:56
was that the rookie that he did then overtake, who Vettel couldn't pass and who then took out Nakajima?

I believe that Vettel passed that rookie around teh outside of a turn within a few laps after catching up with him, and all this without whining to the team to ask for help from the race director.

ioan
18th October 2009, 21:57
The Japanese driver weaved whenever Jenson - who was quicker - closed on him. Even the commentators spotted that.

The rules allow you to make one defensive move, every driver who isn't a push over is doing it like that.

ioan
18th October 2009, 21:57
Trulli for a ridiculous attempt to overtake and have the cheek to blame Sutil. Alonso originally blamed Sutil at the trackside but I'm sure he changed his mind once viewing the footage.

Barrichello was a gentleman in defeat and I feel he does not deserve to be mentioned in this thread as a potential donkey.

Fully agree.

BDunnell
18th October 2009, 21:59

Yes, because most people here aren't popinjays.

pettersolberg29
18th October 2009, 22:18
The BMW fuel rig...

truefan72
18th October 2009, 22:56
Trulli, Kobayashi and mclaren lollipop man.

Rubens gets a half donkey.Its a bit harsh on rubens but that middle sector was cost him the championship.

A special donkey goes the FIa stewards again for not handing out punishment in an appropriate or timely fashion. I simply don't understand what the hold up is.

truefan72
18th October 2009, 22:57

ah yes, forgot about that, special donkey there too

keysersoze
18th October 2009, 23:00
With that kind of outburst, Trulli seems to be gearing up for a switch to NASCAR. He's already had a test, hasn't he?

With all the carnage on the track and in the pits, how anyone can remotely suggest Fisi gets a donkey is beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:

With less than 20 laps left he was only 15 seconds behind Kimi. His tires were toast and he wound up 37 seconds behind his teammate. His situation was so bad that he lost 7 seconds to Kobayashi in less than four laps.

Dzeidzei
18th October 2009, 23:00
Have to be Jarno. He must feel stupid on Monday morning.

A small donkey for Mark for ruining Kimis race. A donkey of similar size to Kimi for not waiting until the finish straight for the move.

Oli_M
18th October 2009, 23:02
Trulli, partly for the move but mostly for his comments afterwards.

Honorable mention to Rubens, seemed in a very strong position by his first stop and lost it all in the second stint.

gloomyDAY
18th October 2009, 23:03
Sutil, for forcing Trulli to crash into him and flying off the track to purposely take out Alonso. :D

Copse
18th October 2009, 23:43

Donkey of the race was definitely Fisichella who has now performed worse than Badoer and yet not a word of public criticism is heard......

Also Trulli. Bet you he would not try that out of car stunt with Mark Webber!!! :D

His name is Kobayashi. Aren't you the guy who likes to go on about people needing to show some respect? Shouldn't that apply to you as well?

And I completely disagree. Compared to any other driver who joined F1 at some stage during the season this year, he did an absolutely stellar job. Would you rather have all non-championship contenders be Grosjeans or Alguersuaris, and passively cruise around 50 seconds behind, swerving wide to let any driver that approaches by? Big kudos to Kobayashi for fighting!

Hondo
19th October 2009, 00:06
McLaren and BMW fueling miscues.

VkmSpouge
19th October 2009, 00:13
His name is Kobayashi. Aren't you the guy who likes to go on about people needing to show some respect? Shouldn't that apply to you as well?

And I completely disagree. Compared to any other driver who joined F1 at some stage during the season this year, he did an absolutely stellar job. Would you rather have all non-championship contenders be Grosjeans or Alguersuaris, and passively cruise around 50 seconds behind, swerving wide to let any driver that approaches by? Big kudos to Kobayashi for fighting!

I think Kobayashi impressed but he did cause an accident by chopping across Nakajima. So while I enjoyed his debut and he clearly has potential he has to calm down. Definitely not a donkey, that's the blue plastic race trophy.

Anubis
19th October 2009, 00:41
The BBC commentary team for not spotting the broken Renault sat behind the squabbling Trulli and Sutil!

Don't get the criticism of Kobayashi, as I thought he was a breath of fresh air. He may have been a touch over defensive with Nakajima, but then Rubens put a big squeeze on Hamilton when he went past, and nobody seems to be bitching about that. Pretty solid debut if you ask me, and done his job prospects no harm.

N. Jones
19th October 2009, 01:05
For me it's Kovalainen (should be gone from McLaren I hope - Miles away from Lewis) and Trulli as I think he was at fault for the accident.

CNR
19th October 2009, 01:15
http://i38.tinypic.com/29txrp.jpg

Jenson Button for not driving like that in the other races :cool:
and and for his singing

woody2goody
19th October 2009, 03:51
Grosjean for being slow.

Trulli for the Sutil incident, which was ballsy but was never going to lead to anything good. In fairness, they wouldn't have crashed but Jarno got out of shape on the grass and that started it all.

Special mentions go to McLaren's lollipop man and BMW's fuel rig :D

penagate
19th October 2009, 04:05
Don't get the criticism of Kobayashi, as I thought he was a breath of fresh air.

Can't please everyone... When the racing is dull, everyone complains, but when it's exciting, the same people complain that it's dangerous!

ShiftingGears
19th October 2009, 09:43

He was blocking a faster car as any competitive driver should.

He did a fine job of it and it was entirely in the rules, and should be applauded for it. Definitely not a donkey.

No he has not. Unlike Badoer, Fisichella has actually qualified and finished ahead of people. Something that Badoer completely failed to achieve.

Fisichella has been terrible, though.

ArrowsFA1
19th October 2009, 10:05
He did a fine job of it and it was entirely in the rules, and should be applauded for it. Definitely not a donkey.
Moving around in the braking areas is something which, if not covered by a rule, is something drivers do not do. Kobayashi may have got away with doing it in GP2, but he'll find the other F1 drivers do not appreciate it too much.

ShiftingGears
19th October 2009, 10:08
Moving around in the braking areas is something which, if not covered by a rule, is something drivers do not do. Kobayashi may have got away with doing it in GP2, but he'll find the other F1 drivers do not appreciate it too much.

I didn't see any moving around in the braking areas.

christophulus
19th October 2009, 10:15
Grosjean for being slow all weekend - I doubt he'll stay at Renault next year.

Kobayashi - but only for his clash with Nakajima. Other than that he did a great job, he's only young so there's time to develop and just calm down a bit. He's basically racing for a full time drive next year and was one of the best of the 2009 rookies by a mile, even after one race.

F1boat
19th October 2009, 10:38
Kamui Kobayashi, way too dangerous.

Pille
19th October 2009, 10:40
Trulli. The mistake he made wasn't especially stupid, but his over-reaction afterwards made him look idiotic in my eyes at least. First time I've ever thought that of Jarno — very disappointing.
Agreed.

Also - BMW for the fueling mishap with Heidfeld and McLaren for the pitfire incident.

I am evil Homer
19th October 2009, 10:46

Exactly how I feel....pointing the finger at someone else who has a 'reputation' recently is class-less. I lost a lot of respect for Jarno today to the point where if he's not in F1 next year I really won't care.

Wasted Talent
19th October 2009, 11:15
I believe that Vettel passed that rookie around teh outside of a turn within a few laps after catching up with him, and all this without whining to the team to ask for help from the race director.

How do you know ioan????

Do you really think that all the comments on the radio are put onto TV?

What Button said was the Kobayashi was waeving in the braking zones - which is NOT allowed, and it was his engineer who said about getting on to the stewards, not Jenson.

How do you know what Vettel said when he was behind Kobayashi?

Do you know what Nakajima was saying when he was behind Kobayashi (twice)? No - you have no idea.

You really have no idea at all...........................

WT

ArrowsFA1
19th October 2009, 11:27
I didn't see any moving around in the braking areas.
JB certainly did.

Q. How frustrating was it to be following Kamui Kobayashi for so long?
JB: That guy is crazy! I suppose it is just inexperience, but he moves a lot in the braking zones which makes it very difficult as Nakajima found out. Everyone else was tough but fair, he was a bit crazy and he will be put in his place a little bit more now.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79604

harsha
19th October 2009, 12:29
Exactly how I feel....pointing the finger at someone else who has a 'reputation' recently is class-less. I lost a lot of respect for Jarno today to the point where if he's not in F1 next year I really won't care.

I doubt Jarno would have dared to point that finger at someone else...maybe a more experienced driver.....or one who doesn't have that "reputation"

on a side note,where's pino hiding ;)

I am evil Homer
19th October 2009, 13:16
The trackside incident was bad enough but sort of inderstandable but the interview with the media was out of order. Yeah run to the stewards then when its your fault!!

Sonic
19th October 2009, 13:48
Trulli. Totally insane attempted pass. Crazy actions thereafter. Muppet.

Knock-on
19th October 2009, 14:11
Jarno gets the golden hoof today. Sutil was just as much a passenger as Fred but Trulli's behaviour afterwards, while still on the circuit, was disgraceful.

Koby was a bit... how do you say.... exuberant? He was a bit naughty but I'm sure he will have that beaten out of him in time for Abu. He was weaving in the braking areas but don't want to criticise the boy too much as he had a stellar drive and just goes to show what someone with skill, detirmination and drive can do. Are you watching this Fisi?

Finally, Rubens. He didn't have the best drive but where Jenson showed what the car could do, he merely showed what it couldn't. Not his best drive but he doesn't deserve to be in this thread IMHO.

jens
19th October 2009, 17:11
Trulli is an emotional person like Barrichello, etc, guys, who may overreact, when things aren't going "their way". That's partly why I like them and admittedly this is probably their weakness as a driver too. I think Jarno's outburst is a combination of many things, being possibly a sudden result of high pressures - potentially the end of his career, bad relations in the team, a rare shot at the podium. How would one feel if this was potentially the penultimate race in F1 with maybe very last (!!) chance at a good result - and after a mess with other cars it would feel like "damn, this is the end of my career!!" right afterwards. :p : Well, I certainly don't like even one tad bit, when in a computer game an AI leaves me way too little room on the racing track. :p : Combine it with getting sacked from the team and a Howett telling you right afterwards "See, I told you you suck", how would you feel?

harsha
19th October 2009, 17:27
http://i38.tinypic.com/29txrp.jpg

Jenson Button for not driving like that in the other races :cool:
and and for his singing

Freddie Mercury must be rolling in his grave :laugh:

UltimateDanGTR
19th October 2009, 19:03
trulli for trying to overtake on the grass and kerbs, which is not exactly the most sensible thing to do...................

Anubis
19th October 2009, 22:04
In fairness to the BBC team, they get the same race footage as the viewers with exception to the live timing screens. The Alonso incident was not covered for a couple of minutes by the broadcaster so not really their fault.. :)

They got the same live footage as me, and I saw both the Renault parked behind them and the pilot of said Renault climbing into the recovery vehicle whilst Trulli was indulging in handbags at dawn with Sutil. I'll let them off though, as Brundle was on top form otherwise.

keysersoze
20th October 2009, 00:06
They got the same live footage as me, and I saw both the Renault parked behind them and the pilot of said Renault climbing into the recovery vehicle whilst Trulli was indulging in handbags at dawn with Sutil. I'll let them off though, as Brundle was on top form otherwise.

"Handbags at dawn?" That's golden! I can't wait to use it myself. :D

BillBald
20th October 2009, 02:00
I was very puzzled by Grosjean.

He started with reasonable pace, and defended reasonably well against Button. But then after being passed, he seemed to suffer a nervous breakdown and let 3 more drivers overtake him within a few corners.

Jag_Warrior
20th October 2009, 02:34

^^^ This ^^^

aryan
20th October 2009, 03:44
Trulli.

I don't care if you bin it. I don't even care if you take someone else out with that. After all, it's racing. It happens. But...

He was so classless, I won't mind not seeing him in F1 next year. I've been one to defend him all the time, even arguing that in 2004 he beat Alonso. But not after this. He is one classless driver. Period.

woody2goody
20th October 2009, 06:19
No he has not. Unlike Badoer, Fisichella has actually qualified and finished ahead of people. Something that Badoer completely failed to achieve.

Fisichella has been terrible, though.

Badoer hadn't raced for 10 years, plus he hadn't driven the 2009 car, whereas Fisi finished second two weekends prior at Spa, a really difficult track.

Now, he's had four races since Spa and hasn't scored a point, he's finished 9th (at Monza where KERS helped massively), 13th out of 14, 12th and 10th out of 14. Plus he qualified last in Brazil, 16th in Japan, 18th in Singapore, and 14th at Monza.

Luca didn't do an amazing job, but I think he would be at the level of Fisi now if he'd have stayed in the car. I also think Fisi would have been on the podium in Brazil if he'd have still been in the Force India, and possibly won the Italian Grand Prix.

This isn't slagging Fisi off, I'm saying that Luca's performances have been put into perspective a lot more clearly now. If it's this difficult for a younger (albeit slightly), fitter, race-sharp driver in the middle of a season, who just came 2nd at the hardest track of the year, then imagine how tough it was for poor Luca.

That Ferrari must be so difficult to drive. Kobayashi jumped into the Toyota after one practice session in Japan, and finished 9th at Interlagos. Kobayashi's good but not THAT much better than Badoer, and certainly not as good as Fisi.

woody2goody
20th October 2009, 06:27
Trulli.

I don't care if you bin it. I don't even care if you take someone else out with that. After all, it's racing. It happens. But...

He was so classless, I won't mind not seeing him in F1 next year. I've been one to defend him all the time, even arguing that in 2004 he beat Alonso. But not after this. He is one classless driver. Period.

What, because of one incident? I've never seen him react like this before.

Nobody dislikes Coulthard because he threatened to tw*t Felipe Massa. It happens, yes Jarno was delusional if he thought Sutil intentionally forced him off the circuit, but it doesn't make him classless at all.

As I recall, M. Schumacher slapped Sato on the top of the head a few years ago after Taku had taken him out, but nobody accused him of a lack of class.

pino
20th October 2009, 06:42
Trulli for attempting to kill Sutil after the incident, and for that he deserves the death penalty...

SGWilko
20th October 2009, 11:39
As I recall, M. Schumacher slapped Sato on the top of the head a few years ago after Taku had taken him out, but nobody accused him of a lack of class.

No point in repeating what's been said a few million times before old son.

ShiftingGears
20th October 2009, 12:01
Badoer hadn't raced for 10 years, plus he hadn't driven the 2009 car, whereas Fisi finished second two weekends prior at Spa, a really difficult track.

No racing for 10 years or not, Badoer was clearly worse than Fisichella.

Now, he's had four races since Spa and hasn't scored a point, he's finished 9th (at Monza where KERS helped massively), 13th out of 14, 12th and 10th out of 14. Plus he qualified last in Brazil, 16th in Japan, 18th in Singapore, and 14th at Monza.

Luca didn't do an amazing job, but I think he would be at the level of Fisi now if he'd have stayed in the car. I also think Fisi would have been on the podium in Brazil if he'd have still been in the Force India, and possibly won the Italian Grand Prix.

Like you thought he'd qualify within 1.5 seconds of Kimi? Or was it half a second?
He didn't do an amazing job - he did an awful job. He was totally inept. He got overtaken in the pitlane in Valencia, crossed the white line in a seperate incident and was the only driver lifting through Eau Rouge. Something that proper drivers haven't done in dry conditions since almost 15 years ago.

This isn't slagging Fisi off, I'm saying that Luca's performances have been put into perspective a lot more clearly now. If it's this difficult for a younger (albeit slightly), fitter, race-sharp driver in the middle of a season, who just came 2nd at the hardest track of the year, then imagine how tough it was for poor Luca.

As I have said earlier, he should not have been allowed to race by Ferrari. He was clearly not up to it, whatever excuses he made.

That Ferrari must be so difficult to drive. Kobayashi jumped into the Toyota after one practice session in Japan, and finished 9th at Interlagos. Kobayashi's good but not THAT much better than Badoer, and certainly not as good as Fisi.
I thought the two were mutually exclusive. :D

I wouldn't judge Kobayashi so early, he has only has one f1 race and he was by no means bad - very bold and aggressive moves, and did a damn good job of defending his position.