PDA

View Full Version : Oops of the Day

Azumanga Davo
18th October 2009, 18:03
Let's set the scene. You have raced for a while now and decide it's time for a new toy. You build one of the nicest cars seen in a while, it's been teched, inspected and certified and now it's the big moment. It's now time to shine and get that licenced for racing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM1aWpNmqS0

Oh... back to the drawing board, then.

Daniel
19th October 2009, 13:08
I think the oops was when the guy stood and realised that he'd built a car which couldn't even go around a corner :p

Azumanga Davo
19th October 2009, 17:05
I think the oops was when the guy stood and realised that he'd built a car which couldn't even go around a corner :p

I dunno about that, it seemed to turn just fine there. Well, worked too well even? ;)

leopard
22nd October 2009, 07:03
The thingy on top of engine bonnet may disturb the driver from doing proper maneuver to avoid the wall, what a shame, then I'll miss one who for some moments can't understand my thingy...

Hondo
22nd October 2009, 18:46
The thingy on top of engine bonnet may disturb the driver from doing proper maneuver to avoid the wall, what a shame, then I'll miss one who for some moments can't understand my thingy...

The thingy protruding through the engine bonnet is the supercharger intake. Although I'm not into drag racing I'll give the guys credit. Especially the ones that win repeatedly.

Their race is less than 10 seconds long. There is a lot of stuff that has to be done, at the same time, within those seconds. To win consistantly, it has to be done perfectly, or close to it, each and every time. There are no pit stops to use to make up time, make repairs or adjustments, or increase advantage.

leopard
23rd October 2009, 04:30
The thingy protruding through the engine bonnet is the supercharger intake. Although I'm not into drag racing I'll give the guys credit. Especially the ones that win repeatedly.

Yeah, it must be something to boost up performance of the engine, thanks for this.
It just looks to me like additional headlamps to give the drivers better eyesight in the night... ;)