PDA

View Full Version : Lloyds to purchase stake in Manor?

Nikki Katz
18th October 2009, 00:02
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091018002414.shtml

Ok, I realise that the position that Lloyds has found itself in is largely due to the government's suggestion that it would be a nice idea to buy HBOS to stop it from collapsing. But the fact remains that the bank is essentially being propped up by the taxpayer. Bearing in mind that it's going to take us 50 years or so to pay off all this debt, is it really right that the money's being spent on a minor team in F1???

wedge
18th October 2009, 01:36
Would be funny if they sponsored Brawn

Any Brawn fans fancy wearing a cap with 'Henry Lloyd Lloyds'?

UltimateDanGTR
18th October 2009, 08:20
Lloyds: on your way to manor, make a left turn and head to williams. they need some extra cash especially after RBS pulling out after this year. that would be nice.

Sonic
18th October 2009, 13:41
Lloyds: on your way to manor, make a left turn and head to williams. they need some extra cash especially after RBS pulling out after this year. that would be nice.

now there's something I'd be happy for my tax to go on :D

Malbec
18th October 2009, 14:06
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091018002414.shtml

Ok, I realise that the position that Lloyds has found itself in is largely due to the government's suggestion that it would be a nice idea to buy HBOS to stop it from collapsing. But the fact remains that the bank is essentially being propped up by the taxpayer. Bearing in mind that it's going to take us 50 years or so to pay off all this debt, is it really right that the money's being spent on a minor team in F1???

Are Lloyds investing in the F1 team, Manor motorsport or Wirth's own company (can't remember the name)? A lot depends on which one they're buying a stake in.

As a British taxpayer I want Lloyds to make a big fat profit so it can buy back government shares at inflated prices so the government and we indirectly get a nice return on investment for bailing them out. I'm happy to let the bank do whatever it takes to make that profit.

UltimateDanGTR
18th October 2009, 15:08
now there's something I'd be happy for my tax to go on :D

agreed. please government, take more money if its going to a cause like that... :D