PDA

View Full Version : rubens for the title

jedii
17th October 2009, 22:12
buttons fluffed it now first corner crash in the rain tomorrow and too much presure in the last race rubens wins atr home and finish second to vetal in the last race button scores just one point well thats what i think

F1boat
17th October 2009, 22:16
Let's wait for the race, shall we?

keysersoze
17th October 2009, 22:24
Rubens' front row mate is a teammate with the other WDC protagonist. RB has got to have a great getaway, and although he's had some great ones in the past, he's also fluffed his start miserably at least a couple of times this season.

Sonic
17th October 2009, 22:32
GO RUBENS! Please just don't let the whinging beardy man win the championship.

ioan
17th October 2009, 23:13

:up: :D

Somebody
17th October 2009, 23:45
What the hedgehog said :)

driveace
18th October 2009, 00:32
well if he gets away ok,and Brawn dont pull the plug on his motor then he could do the job tomorrow.Button under pressure then,we would say so !

ozrevhead
18th October 2009, 01:04
Rubens' front row mate is a teammate with the other WDC protagonist. RB has got to have a great getaway, and although he's had some great ones in the past, he's also fluffed his start miserably at least a couple of times this season.
RB is 14 points behind so finishing 2nd to Mark isnt the end of the world as if button is stuck where he is will make it 6 points.

Koz
18th October 2009, 05:29
Whatever happens, it'll sort itself out.

I just hope that mechanical failures and pit stops don't ruin rubens. I still don't trust Brawn to let Rubens win.
It would be bad for them if he won the c'ship and left to williams, wouldn't it?

Valve Bounce
18th October 2009, 05:32
I don't think that Ross Brawn would let anything ruin one of his drivers from winning or even attaining the best possible finishing position. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, and turned over a new leaf!!

Koz
18th October 2009, 05:37
Yeah, I hope so.
Being rubens, can't help thinking he will be screwed one way or another.

UltimateDanGTR
18th October 2009, 08:12
Rubens: Pole
Bunsen: 14th

my my, Button really is trying to fluff this isn't he? If Rubinho is still in it after sao paulo which is quite possible, i predict rubens to be world champion. i dont think Jenson can cope with the pressure, he's gone from the dominant man to a midfield runner when his team mate is at the top.

i doubt jenson can do it.

Valve Bounce
18th October 2009, 09:52
Rubens: Pole
Bunsen: 14th

my my, Button really is trying to fluff this isn't he? If Rubinho is still in it after sao paulo which is quite possible, i predict rubens to be world champion. i dont think Jenson can cope with the pressure, he's gone from the dominant man to a midfield runner when his team mate is at the top.

i doubt jenson can do it.

Given the rapidly changing conditions during quals, I don't see this as a true reflection of the ability of one driver compared to his team mate. However, I do think that Rubens is in a good position to score major points, while the bunsen will be relying on luck to salvage any points from Brazil.

UltimateDanGTR
18th October 2009, 10:51
Given the rapidly changing conditions during quals, I don't see this as a true reflection of the ability of one driver compared to his team mate. However, I do think that Rubens is in a good position to score major points, while the bunsen will be relying on luck to salvage any points from Brazil.

i actually think this is less about driver ability, more about form actually. and at this point, rubens is on fire and bunsen is not, and old barry clearly is dealing with the conditions better than button. but with rain, its very unpredictable.....

jimakos
18th October 2009, 10:56
i actually think this is less about driver ability, more about form actually. and at this point, rubens is on fire and bunsen is not, and old barry clearly is dealing with the conditions better than button. but with rain, its very unpredictable.....

Agree!Button is like he doesn't care about the title!!
Why he's so sure :s nore:

Valve Bounce
18th October 2009, 11:42
Can't wait for the race... :)

At 3 am, I have to pass :( :bigcry:

ShiftingGears
18th October 2009, 11:48
At 3 am, I have to pass :( :bigcry:

It's on One HD at 6:00 AM which is when I'll be watching it.

Mysterious Rock
18th October 2009, 12:07
To be honest, I really can see Rubens having an off today and handing the title to Jenson. Although I can also see Jenson binning it today also, which will make it interesting. I reckon the the title will be decided within the race distance with themnot finishing

ozrevhead
18th October 2009, 12:34
It's on One HD at 6:00 AM which is when I'll be watching it.
as will I

SGWilko
18th October 2009, 12:37

When did Barrichello grow a beard? RB will look a right 'see you next Tuesday' if he takes the championship despite his belief and ramblings that the team were not favouring him.

F1boat
18th October 2009, 12:41
While I can see why people support the old goat or Seb, I can't understand the hatred to Jenson really... If it is heavy rain tonight, I can see all three contenders retiring with Kimi winning the race, so don't count the chickens yet. I would not write off neither Jenson nor Vettel, honestly.

wedge
18th October 2009, 14:12
How compromising are their set ups?

While I can see why people support the old goat or Seb, I can't understand the hatred to Jenson really...

We've seen the best make funny decisions/gambles in the wet: Senna stayed out on slicks in Spa 1992, Schumi staying out on destroyed inters in Hungary 2006 and likewise Hamilton in China 2006.

What is intolerable is another lacklustre performance in quali following on from Spa, Valencia, Singapore and now Brazil where Rubens outqualified Jenson by a significant margin.

F1boat
18th October 2009, 14:37
How compromising are their set ups?

We've seen the best make funny decisions/gambles in the wet: Senna stayed out on slicks in Spa 1992, Schumi staying out on destroyed inters in Hungary 2006 and likewise Hamilton in China 2006.

What is intolerable is another lacklustre performance in quali following on from Spa, Valencia, Singapore and now Brazil where Rubens outqualified Jenson by a significant margin.

Yes, but this is the FIRST Pole of Rubens this year, when we talk about qualifying...

Wasted Talent
18th October 2009, 15:11
As usual there is a right load of cr#p talked on here.....

The difference between RB and JB in Q2 weren't anything like the 1st/14th grid places suggests. Rubens had a massive piece of luck this time in Q2 - if Kobayashi hadn't spun on his last lap it could easly have been all 3 title contenders mssing out on Q3.

Credit to Rubens for then making the most of this, but all the talk about Brawn not letting Rubens win is truly pathetic.........

WT

ioan
18th October 2009, 16:12
While I can see why people support the old goat or Seb, I can't understand the hatred to Jenson really...

As I don't understand the need to call Rubens an old goat for other reason than trying to denigrate him.

PS: Why people don't support Jenson? Cause he's a cry baby who can't drive anything but the best car in the field in perfect conditions, as soon as the temperature is off by 0.1 degrees he's nowhere.

ioan
18th October 2009, 16:26
Yes, but this is the FIRST Pole of Rubens this year, when we talk about qualifying...

Since when is qualifying position a factor in deciding the WDC?

Garry Walker
18th October 2009, 18:41
As I don't understand the need to call Rubens an old goat for other reason than trying to denigrate him.

PS: Why people don't support Jenson? Cause he's a cry baby who can't drive anything but the best car in the field in perfect conditions, as soon as the temperature is off by 0.1 degrees he's nowhere.

He really is a crybaby. He was bitching about Kobayashi today over nothing, stupid sh!t.

UltimateDanGTR
18th October 2009, 18:46
ladies and gentlemen, I, UltimateDanGTR, was wrong. Turns out, Jenson Button is good enough to be world champion, and that he has won it, and Rubens will not. superb driver, superb overtaking by the Bunsen. he may moan alot and have a silly beard, but so do many British people.

Well done, that man.

F1boat
18th October 2009, 18:58
Obviously Jenson haters are unhappy, but ioan, I didn't mean "old goat" as an insult, more like an "old fox". Sorry for my poor choice of words.

jedii
18th October 2009, 22:37
well i was wrong... at least he raced for it

ioan
18th October 2009, 23:08
well i was wrong... at least he raced for it

He's had little chance today with that strategy of his. Kubica who stopped two laps after him came up a couple seconds in front.
Sure he should have had to be faster but I doubt he could have been more than 1 second per lap faster to make it work out against Webber who had a 3 more laps at disposal.

This was probably Rubens last and best shot at the title, and you are right, at least he fought for it.

ioan
18th October 2009, 23:09
Obviously Jenson haters are unhappy, but ioan, I didn't mean "old goat" as an insult, more like an "old fox". Sorry for my poor choice of words.

No problems there, I was a bit worried when I first read it. :)

Sonic
19th October 2009, 15:31
Rubens is a true gentleman - he's loaned Button his private jet so Button could celebrate with his crew and still get back to the UK for his promo apperance.

Thanks for keeping this season interesting Rubens. Hope you land a good drive next year.

ArrowsFA1
19th October 2009, 15:41
This was probably Rubens last and best shot at the title, and you are right, at least he fought for it.
I agree. He did. It would have been great to see Rubens win in Brazil and take the title fight down to the final race of the year, but some how I didn't think it would happen. (Easy to say now I know :p :)

For one thing, Rubens has never had much luck in his home race and the puncture was another example. But also there have been races this year when Rubens simply has not had the race pace to get the result he needed, and that seemed to be the case again yesterday.

Still, he's had a great season and if he doesn't get a drive in 2010 it will be a great way for his F1 career to come to an end. In some way I hope he does walk away now, because I don't think he'll reach these heights again.

F1boat
19th October 2009, 20:06
In some way I hope he does walk away now, because I don't think he'll reach these heights again.

It is true. In my opinion it is now the best time to retire, as a guy who fought for the championship.

Knock-on
20th October 2009, 11:17
It is true. In my opinion it is now the best time to retire, as a guy who fought for the championship.

He finally got a fair crack at the whip and gave it his best. He has been a superb driver and one that has bested every one of his team mates on occassions. Even Schumacher couldn't live with him on his day.

He could go on another year but if he does, I think it would be to give something back to a team that needs his experience.

He has a beautifull wife, lovely family and needs to start thinking about that although there will only ever be one Rubinio but as for his victory dance, well I think he should team up with jenson for a Singing / Dancing duo on X factor :laugh: