August 27-29 Barum Czech Rally Zlín
September 9-11 Rally Principe de Asturias
September 23-25 Rallye Sanremo
October 14-16 RAC MSA Rally of Scotland
November 4-6 FxPro Cyprus Rally

Thoughts?

Barreis
16th October 2009, 20:40
If there's Safari twice better then WRC.. Now only better then WRC..

pettersolberg29
16th October 2009, 20:42
It's a brilliant calendar. Not really one bad event in there IMO.

Francis44
16th October 2009, 20:56
Really good calendar!!!!

AndyRAC
16th October 2009, 21:03
What is the point in including Sardinia? Italy already has a round – SanRemo, so what is the thinking behind this. As for Cyprus, not my favourite event, at least now it is a mixed event. I honestly think they have missed a trick not having a snow round – Arctic, Sweden/Norway??
Saying that, it has 3 of the WRC’s great events – Monte, SanRemo and Argentina – as for the Safari, if it’s not the full on on Safari with proper long sections, it’s not worth doing.
While I’d lke to see Scotland end the season, after what has happened this year with lack of entries, maybe it’s for the best.

pettersolberg29
16th October 2009, 21:03
Actually, can someone give me a piece of advice? I really want to see an IRC event this year, but the following conditions count;
-must be in July, August or September
-must be easy to get to for a poor student in England
-must be both good for viewing, and good atmosphere
-easy to get to
-probability is high for a great entrylist

I know this is a lot of points, but any advice welcome!

Wim_Impreza
16th October 2009, 21:18
Good calendar. I don't understand why the two events in Portugal are so close. I prefer Acropolis Rally above Cyprus.

atsiotras79
16th October 2009, 21:55
I prefer Acropolis Rally above Cyprus.

The way Greek organisers think, I doubt if we ever going to see again a WRC event here in Greece.

I really want to see what they will do with Acropolis next year, counting nowhere!!!

Or maybe they should put it in the new up and coming championship, the NPRC! (No Proper Rally Championship)

Sardalense
16th October 2009, 22:00
Good calendar. I don't understand why the two events in Portugal are so close. I prefer Acropolis Rally above Cyprus.

It´s because the cars will go by boat from Azores to Madeira and don´t need to return to Lisbon.

wwbroe
16th October 2009, 22:35
Actually, can someone give me a piece of advice? I really want to see an IRC event this year, but the following conditions count;
-easy to get to

If i were you i would consider going to Barum Rally in Czech republic. There are cheap flights into Czech Republic coming from UK (i think you can even fly straight to Brno). They allways have great entrylist, nice stages and great atmosphere. Another advantage is that food and drinks are not expensive, so count all that together and my choice would be Barum. ;)

J4MIE
16th October 2009, 23:41
I would advise Barum too, and it is also on a bank holiday weekend that weekend as well :up:

Surprised to see Argentina and Sardinia included, will be interesting to see how those events are organised compared to the wrc events.

WRC1
17th October 2009, 07:44
-easy to get to

without any doubt: BARUM Czech Rallye in Zlin!!

pettersolberg29
17th October 2009, 11:01
Thanks everyone - Barum it is. I'll look into hotels etc today I think.

wwbroe
17th October 2009, 12:34

You should ask Pluto about this, i am sure he can help you with that. ;)

Luis Pacheco
19th October 2009, 22:50
Azores in July is the best choice! :D

J4MIE
20th October 2009, 00:08
Presume also Azores has moved date to avoid clashing with WRC Portugal? Luis I assume weather is better in July? ;)

Luis Pacheco
20th October 2009, 09:18
Much better!

July was always the date of the rallye on the past.

However in 2006 edition we had a storm during the two days. :rolleyes:

Take a look on this photos taken on July at the second rallye on San Miguel. Looks sunny! :D
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/ribegrnlp09/

dyfi1
20th October 2009, 18:12

Try also youth hostels..... way cheaper than hotels! I used one in Trier when I last watched Rally Deutschland. and I recomend it highly. Your money goes further, handy when you`re a student ;)

Rally Power
21st October 2009, 15:55
A good calendar but the eleven weeks between Argentina and Sardinia seems to much! Cyprus would fill perfectly that gap.

Great move to put Açores before Madeira, the perfect atlantic holidays linked by the two most interesting rallys of the series :D

J4MIE
21st October 2009, 23:00
Will Cyprus have the middle east championship included, I think that is around the same time of year usually?

Karbonyl
22nd October 2009, 02:27
The IRC event Rally Cyprus will be possibly merged with Troodos Rally, but nothing clear so far.

bluuford
1st December 2009, 09:59
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79480

January 19-23 Rallye Monte-Carlo
March 4-06 Rally Internacional de Curitiba
March 19-21 Rally Argentina
June 4-6 Rally d'Italia Sardegna
June 24-26 Belgium Ypres Rally
July 15-17 Sata Rally Açores
August 5-7 Rally Vinho Madeira
August 27-29 Barum Czech Rally Zlín
September 9-11 Rally Principe de Asturias
September 23-25 Rallye Sanremo
October 14-16 RAC MSA Rally of Scotland
November 4-6 FxPro Cyprus Rally

Thoughts?
Yeah, I was thinking about this calendar found something that I didn't liked :-) I found that 6 events from 12 are held in approximately 1000km circle, while only one event is closer than 2000km from Estonia (That was the main thing I didn't liked). And I dont get the point to have three events in so small area Sardegna, San Remo and Monte. While we dont have any rallies in Northern and eastern Europe (Czech is the closest). And too many island events (Madeira, Sardegna, Cyprus, Acores and conditionally Scotland as well;-)).

J4MIE
1st December 2009, 12:49
What event that is closer to you would you add to the calendar bluuford? One event I would like to see is the Arctic Rally, or some other snow event, I would love to see that :)

bluuford
1st December 2009, 14:25
What event that is closer to you would you add to the calendar bluuford? One event I would like to see is the Arctic Rally, or some other snow event, I would love to see that :)

I would change Cyprus to Arctic and Sardegna to Poland and one of Portugese rallies to Russia or Bulgaria. Much better geographical coverage.

Mirek
1st December 2009, 14:28
The large majority of S2000 cars is located in South European countries and generaly the interest in those cars is bigger there. I think that it plays some role too.

Bluuford: Russia proved to be problematic event in organization...

Luis Pacheco
1st December 2009, 17:56
The "geographical money coverage" is the main gold...

bluuford
9th December 2009, 13:38
Today just came news that former "South-Estonian Rally" will be named "Rally Estonia" and next year it will be 180 km long three day event (short Friday, long Saturday and short Sunday). Sponsored by Mad Crock Energy drink. Their aim is to reach to the IRC series in 2012. Rally is similar to NORF and will be held two weeks before NORF. Many drivers have used this rally as a test before NORF. They hope to get very good entry list for this year (They are already talking to many top drivers) and also some observers to observe the quality of the rally.
Well, like I said, it would be nice to have at least one event further in the north, but I didn't expect Estonians to apply for this :-) Well, this rally has potential to be like NORF in IRC and should geographically attract Russian, Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Swedish and Norwegian drivers (They are all in one day trip from the rally location).

RS
9th December 2009, 16:04
Today just came news that former "South-Estonian Rally" will be named "Rally Estonia" and next year it will be 180 km long three day event (short Friday, long Saturday and short Sunday). Sponsored by Mad Crock Energy drink. Their aim is to reach to the IRC series in 2012. Rally is similar to NORF and will be held two weeks before NORF. Many drivers have used this rally as a test before NORF. They hope to get very good entry list for this year (They are already talking to many top drivers) and also some observers to observe the quality of the rally.
Well, like I said, it would be nice to have at least one event further in the north, but I didn't expect Estonians to apply for this :-) Well, this rally has potential to be like NORF in IRC and should geographically attract Russian, Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Swedish and Norwegian drivers (They are all in one day trip from the rally location).

Sounds good :up:

eloyf1
28th January 2010, 15:12
Canarias medias insist in a switch from Asturias to Canary Islands this same year... It sounds bizarre, but it has been published even in some newspapers, not specialized magazines... Do you know anything?

5 insular meetings are too much, I think...

PLuto
28th January 2010, 15:26
Yes, I have heard about it and regrettably I must say it is true... There is a possibility to make this change, lot of discussions about it in last few days...

PLuto
28th January 2010, 15:27
And I have finally written article about it. It is in czech, but if you will use some translator, I hope you will understand it: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=9818

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b_1a579f26d029443a3413978fdee8c64b.jpg

PLuto
28th January 2010, 15:38
And from my point of view, if this will gone true, it will be big dirty trick to everybody - other organisers, teams, journalists...

I absolutely dont agree with this step. If Asturias dont have money, ok, delete this event from calendar. But changing location (and again to expensive island)? Changin date? No, it is absurd stupidity...

Sergio-Rallymax
28th January 2010, 15:49
And from my point of view, if this will gone true, it will be big dirty trick to everybody - other organisers, teams, journalists...

I absolutely dont agree with this step. If Asturias dont have money, ok, delete this event from calendar. But changing location (and again to expensive island)? Changin date? No, it is absurd stupidity...

The Rally Islas Canarias is equal of expensivly that Madeira's Rally, and it has so many tradition or more than his rally.
In what I do not agree it is that there are countries with more than one rallyes in this championship.
Apart, a rally of the IRC in Gran Canaria has more repercussion that in Madeira and Açores, when is only in this island the inhabitants' double that in Madeira and Açores together.

PLuto
28th January 2010, 15:51
I also dont like, that there are Portugal rallies. But my disapproval is about changning calendar, location and date during the season, when all teams have prepared their plans...

PLuto
28th January 2010, 15:52
Also, I dont like, that this championship is going to so many islands. It is nice for their promotion and pictures on TV are nice, but for teams and spectators it is veeeeeeery expensive. I dont want to have another island rally in this championship.

wwbroe
28th January 2010, 15:58
I absolutely agree with you Pluto, very sad that they would change calendar when all plans are allready fixed. Also pitty that Asturias is not more part of the championship, i really enjoyed this rally the last couple of years. Is it allready 100% sure that it won't take place? :(

RS
28th January 2010, 16:10
That would be a shame. Asturias was a good event (better than WRC Catalunya) and I think it is important to have an event on the Spanish mainland.

I very much like Azores and Madeira, but a third island event is maybe too many (Island Rallye Challenge?)

Addicted
28th January 2010, 16:23
IRC = Island Rally Championship?

eloyf1
28th January 2010, 17:02
Nothing new, Spanish way...

What's gonna happen with ERC event? :(

alleskids
28th January 2010, 17:20
Sardinia, Madeira, Azores, Canary Island, indeed a Island Rally Championship

RICARDO75
28th January 2010, 17:35
I do not know if will be much more expensive for the teams to go to the Azores. Registrations are not expensive (Monte Carlo costs three times) and the organization helps a lot on shipping. Viewers outside and journalists need to travel by plane - truth. But someone is aware of the prices of airline tickets? There are charter flights direct from Frankfurt, London and other places.
In Scotland or worse, in Monaco, should spend only on food and lodging the same as a plane ticket.
I live in Azores, and in my opinion, also should not be two rounds in the same country. Worse still, is there is some rallies on the IRC and ERC at the same time. There could be a rotation.

eloyf1
28th January 2010, 17:41
And Cyprus

Wittmanello
28th January 2010, 17:44

you forgetting cyprus
and Rally of Scotland is also held on an island :)

RICARDO75
28th January 2010, 17:45
Interisland Rally Challenge

atsiotras79
28th January 2010, 20:22
Maybe there will be one less island!!!

alleskids
28th January 2010, 20:26
you have a scoop on a rally or on an island that will disappaer in a couple of weeks ? :)

atsiotras79
28th January 2010, 20:31
you have a scoop on a rally or on an island that will disappaer in a couple of weeks ? :)

Yes, I heard something about a rally!!!!! :) Sardegna actually!
No rumours about an island disappearing! :)

Sergio-Rallymax
28th January 2010, 22:09
Gran Canaria it has many air and cheap connections, since they can be the airlines Ryanair or EasyJet, from many countries, as United Kingdom, Germany (almost Holland, with Dusseldorf-Weeze), Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Ireland and Portugal.
So it of expensive was before, when a going and return was impossible towards Canaries for less than 300 €, nowadays it is possible to obtain for less than 60 €, neither thing that the Portuguese islands have, nor Cyprus.
And the connections by ship to take the cars the same thing, since it is the same ship that takes the cars to Madeira.

Mirek
28th January 2010, 22:36
I also reject changing locations and calendar and moreover I have to admit I don't like Canarian stages at all. I loved those of Asturias but these Canarian are like circuit race track :(

PLuto
28th January 2010, 22:45
Gran Canaria it has many air and cheap connections, since they can be the airlines Ryanair or EasyJet, from many countries, as United Kingdom, Germany (almost Holland, with Dusseldorf-Weeze), Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Ireland and Portugal.
So it of expensive was before, when a going and return was impossible towards Canaries for less than 300 €, nowadays it is possible to obtain for less than 60 €, neither thing that the Portuguese islands have, nor Cyprus.
And the connections by ship to take the cars the same thing, since it is the same ship that takes the cars to Madeira.

Yes, but for crews is problem more expensive way by ships and also big time loose. I dont know about Acores, but I must say that competing on Madeira for team from Czech republic is almost 2x more expensive than other events in mainland...

atsiotras79
28th January 2010, 22:52
Well since we are talking about changes, I heard a rumour about Rally Sardegna facing economical problems and that replacing it is considered. And that there was an offer for Acropolis Rally to replace it...
Has anybody else heard anything about it?

bluuford
28th January 2010, 22:59

It is not just flying. You need to rent a car or you need to come there by your car and buy tickets for yourself and a car. If you are doing rally you need to put your rally car, service car, recce car maybe something more on the ship. It takes quite long time, time is money as well. It is quite pointless to drive between all the small Islands every year. Rally is still spectators sport and how many different spectators are we going to see on those three Islands?

Just came to my mind. Mad Crock Rally Estonia is going to apply for IRC event. It is exactly on the same dates as Asturias is planned. The event is already very well planned and just 10 days before NORF. Why not to make late change from another Island to Europe mainland and finally cover Norther Europe in IRC geography as well :-) Entry list will be good for sure, because those who want to test for NORF, it is ideal preparation and all Nordic drivers can taste IRC as well.

It is just little bit more like dream, but when they are planning to switch the events on last moment anyway then why not to do it into the place where IRC needs extra publicity.

Mirek
28th January 2010, 23:18
I agree with You. I would prefer Estonia or Circuit of Ireland from candidate events instead of Canarias...

PLuto
28th January 2010, 23:31
Ireland is also on island ;)

Sergio-Rallymax
28th January 2010, 23:40
Small island? Do you know that Gran Canaria it has 850000 inhabitants? Do you know that i overcomes Canaries in more than half a million inhabitants to Estonia?

To say that it is not a rally of the IRC for there being many rallyes in islands, since it costs, but saying that it is a small island is rather pretentious.

Mirek
28th January 2010, 23:50
Gran Canaria has 1560 km2. That's equal to a square of 40 km x 40 km. Yes, it is small island. Number of inhabitants has nothing to do with the area. A citty I'm now at, has 1,4 milion people on 496 km2 and it really isn't big area...

Sergio-Rallymax
28th January 2010, 23:53
]Gran Canaria has 1560 km2. That's equal to a square of 40 km x 40 km. Yes, it is small island. Number of inhabitants has nothing to do with the area. A citty I'm now at, has 1,4 milion people on 496 km2 and it really isn't big area...

If Gran Canaria it was a flat island YES it would be small, but to the being so mountainous (almost 2000 meters of height are reached) any road of the island can work as stage. I can assure you that Madeira is much more limited in this sense, and not as it they stop having a rallye in the IRC.
Madeira's islands and Sao Miguel's island in Açores they are smaller than Gran Canaria (almost the half in extension that Gran Canaria).

Krigen
29th January 2010, 00:25
Just came to my mind. Mad Crock Rally Estonia is going to apply for IRC event. It is exactly on the same dates as Asturias is planned. The event is already very well planned and just 10 days before NORF. Why not to make late change from another Island to Europe mainland and finally cover Norther Europe in IRC geography as well :-) Entry list will be good for sure, because those who want to test for NORF, it is ideal preparation and all Nordic drivers can taste IRC as well.

It is just little bit more like dream, but when they are planning to switch the events on last moment anyway then why not to do it into the place where IRC needs extra publicity.[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!!!

Krigen
29th January 2010, 00:27

It is just little bit more like dream, but when they are planning to switch the events on last moment anyway then why not to do it into the place where IRC needs extra publicity.[/QUOTE]

Great Idea!!

bluuford
29th January 2010, 00:32
If Gran Canaria it was a flat island YES it would be small, but to the being so mountainous (almost 2000 meters of height are reached) any road of the island can work as stage. I can assure you that Madeira is much more limited in this sense, and not as it they stop having a rallye in the IRC.
Madeira's islands and Sao Miguel's island in Açores they are smaller than Gran Canaria (almost the half in extension that Gran Canaria).

My point was that it is still Island. We have small country, but we have many small and some big neighbors. You can come in one day with your own car from St Petersburg (4.6 million inhabitants), Moscow (10.5 million), Riga (0.9 million), Vilnius (0.9 million), Kaunas (0.7 million), Warzawa (1.8 million), Minsk (1.8 million), Pskov (0.5 million), Tallinn (0.4 million) and by very cheap regular ferry from Stockholm (1.9 million) Helsinki (1.1 Million), (4 people and car round-trip from Helsinki is less than 75 EUR and from Sweden the same deal is approximately 200 EUR).
That means over 25 million inhabitants only on the major cities in one day normal driving distance.

Sorry, I have nothing against islands and rallies in islands, but to held nearly half of the rallies on very distant islands is not economically very wise move. And it can reflect from the entry list as well, and that is the thing I dont like to see.

Luis Pacheco
29th January 2010, 10:10
Of course, every one of us would like to have a rally at the doorstep but it is not possible.

IRC is a private competition in wich only “plays” who Eurosport well understands ($).

The issue of costs for the teams to race at the portuguese events is a false issue in my opinion.

Transport and accommodation is covered by the organization and the same for the journalists. I believe that only in the Azores and Madeira the media has it all for free or almost...

Australia has not said he want IRC?

My god, not another island on the calendar! :)

Francis44
29th January 2010, 12:20
I dont see what's the problem with Islands.
I will not talk about other Islands but about Portuguese ones I can do so because, well, they belong to the country I live in.
Madeira is quite small, there are about 250.000 people there wich is very few but has the Island is small it never feels alone and there is always something to do, and those roads are perfect for rallying, they are not like some others stages in the calendar where they are completely unoriginal and boring.
Azores is special, yeah Islands are small but roads are yet again original and beautifull to see.

RICARDO75
29th January 2010, 12:50
It´s true Luis.

I remember the images on eurosport in the 90s, when the rally Canarias was part of the European Championship and at the time I did not see anything special in that rally.

The Estonian has beautiful stages but also had in russia and the entrylist was not one of the best. I think the issue of the entrylist, depends much of the efforts of organizations rallys

sal
29th January 2010, 13:06
]I also reject changing locations and calendar and moreover I have to admit I don't like Canarian stages at all. I loved those of Asturias but these Canarian are like circuit race track :(

Really?! I've been to several events in the Canary Islands including El Corte Ingles and that was hardly my impression!

alleskids
29th January 2010, 13:17
There is absolutly no problem with island rallies in the IRC. The only problem is that there are becoming to many island rally, were competitors have to spend much of their budget on traveling costs and cannot travel to the rally in their own timetable on their own effort . IRC should be a cheaper, affordable and mostable available rally alternative to the WRC, were everything is more expensieve, regulated and becoming only affordable for the very reach one. IRC should mostly be with rallies on the European mainland, with a few, island rallies to make it a bit excoted. With 7 out of 12 travel away rallies, IRC is becoming too complicated and too expensive for "normal" rally drivers with small budgets.

Luis Pacheco
29th January 2010, 14:33
I still have old VHS tapes with some videos from “El Corte Ingles”. At that time it was a tarmac event like many others with a super special stage at a kart circuit with a big jump at the finnish line. But this rally along with Ypres, Madeira and Manx (another island event my god! :D ) were the events with more charisma in the ERC at that time.

Bring to discuss the size and number of population in the places where the rallyes are run does not make any sense. Otherwise India and China should have been in IRC for a long time ago. Ok, China was there but is gone now.

In the end all comes about money and the gains that the events could bring to incrase the visibility of the competition (landscape, difficulty, etc...)

I think at this stage IRC has a good set of events. In my opinion is just missing a snow and ice rallye.

J4MIE
29th January 2010, 15:20
Personally speaking I love visiting islands and don't really mind, if it is a good event I am prepared to get there! Would be a shame if Sardinia is not to run but I would have to go to Greece if it replaces it - though with not long until it would take place, would it be possible?

J4MIE
29th January 2010, 15:21
NB I mean personally speaking as a spectator ;) Of course competitors interests are always going to be quite different.

Agree that a snow event would be an ideal addition.

eloyf1
30th January 2010, 10:03
The switch to Canary Islands is still in the air. Not only Príncipe hasn't renounced yet (190.000€ is the necessary amount), or at least, hadn't renounced on Thursday, there are more options, like a switch to Alicante, where Rallye Vilajoiosa (Old RACE Costa Blanca, for ERC geeks :D ) is set.

They are all talking with Spanish Federation and Eurosport Events, and although Canarian way is the most developped, nothing is sure.

I really believe that Valais should inherit that place, they have already proved they are able to... Maybe, if Spain needs its place in IRC, Canary should wait until next year. A change this year is too precipitated...

Luis Pacheco
13th February 2010, 21:35
Canary Rallye quite sure at IRC.

http://www.cronometrocero.com/index.php?id=169

sal
17th February 2010, 16:53
I read elsewhere that Asturias is out of the IRC in 2010 officially and now the logistics of including the Canarias rally are being investigated.

Luis Pacheco
17th February 2010, 17:28
The logistic issue is always a big problem when we talk about islands.

pettersolberg29
17th February 2010, 17:34
(slightly off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread. Wasn't the 2011 calendar meant to be proposed today?)

RS
17th February 2010, 19:42
(slightly off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread. Wasn't the 2011 calendar meant to be proposed today?)

The 2011 WRC calendar...

pettersolberg29
17th February 2010, 20:01
The 2011 WRC calendar...

OK, thanks.

sal
17th February 2010, 22:40
The logistic issue is always a big problem when we talk about islands.

I meant regards the time of year the event was going to be run at as it's scheduled date is April from memory but I know what you mean!

From http://www.motorcanario.com translated by Bablefish as I'm in a hurry!

Thus it has communicated it the RFEDA in today, that has praised the concerted effort that the Automobile Club Principality of Asturias has carried out to try to maintain the prestigious Asturian rally in the IRC but that it has announced officially its resignation in today. According to manifest the own Spanish federation " it is necessary to be thankful for the support shown towards the test on the part of the Asturian liking, as well as of tie Institution and mass media to the Rallye." The RFEDA admits that " after knowing previously the resignation the ACPA to celebrate the Intercontiental Challenge Rally, an encounter between Marcello Lotti has been organized (Chief of a main directorate of the IRC), Fran1cois Ribeiro (Eurosport Events), Luis Monsoon (promotional of the Canary Islands Rally) and Carlos Grace (president of the RFEDA) with the aim of approaching positions on the possibility of celebrating the IRC in the Rally of Canarias." " In this encuentro" " continues the national federation; the different possibilities that the calendar of competition 2010 offers, as well as the costs have studied that must assume the Organization of the canary rally so that the international test can move to the islands. In the next days, the different implied parts will maintain a series of meetings to make specific a possible agreement so that edition 2010 of the IRC in our country is celebrated in Canarias" it concludes.

Luis Pacheco
18th February 2010, 14:19
Nice to hear Luis Monzon´s name. We ran at Azores rallye in 1993. He was fast, very fast until he smash the Grifone´s Deltona.

amilk
21st February 2010, 10:48
any new development in the above mentioned sardenga vs. acropolis story?

Ondra WRC
21st February 2010, 10:58
amilk: Sardegna will be run. :)

PLuto
21st February 2010, 12:45
any new development in the above mentioned sardenga vs. acropolis story?

Sardegna will be done this year. More infos here: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=9926

Barreis
21st February 2010, 12:56
Good news.. :)

Whinlatter
21st February 2010, 20:01
From official RIS site - with very interesting news about the Rally del Corallo being run alongside IRC event and TRT on Sunday.

The event, organised by Automobile Club d'Italia, remains among the most important events of the FIA World Rally Championship, despite not being part of the 2010 calendar.
The draft programme of the 2010 Rally d'Italia Sardegna, also counting for the Italian Gravel Rally Trophy with coefficient 2, sees the involvement of the entire region: the event HQ and the main service area will be located
in Olbia, while on Friday June 4th two special stages will be held in the town of Cagliari, on Saturday June 5th the town of Oristano will host a remote service area.
The 2010 RIS will be held on two legs. The current length of the 14 special stages is estimated at 250 kms.
The event will have a significant tv live coverage thanks to Eurosport and the Italian analog and digital televisions.
The 2010 Rally d'Italia Sardegna will be held together with the Rally del Corallo, the Italian round of the FIA European Historic Rally Championship as well as part of the National series and which cars will run after the modern rally.

Francis44
22nd February 2010, 12:02
I dont know about Rally Madeira.

This weekend tragedy happened on the Island with flood and earth falls, there are many people who lost their lives and some roads are destroyed.

Their priority is now to fix and build stronger buildings in order to prevent those things to happen again.
I was scared since a big part of my family is from there and lives there. Fortunately they are all ok.

I dont think they will be able to fix everything on time and I dont think they should be worried about it, make sure that everyone get's there homes back is way more important.

Luis Pacheco
22nd February 2010, 14:16
Many roads simply vanish!

For sure some changes will be done on the itenerary of the rallye but is cancelation is out of the question, I think.

atsiotras79
22nd February 2010, 20:33
Something like that happened 10 days ago in my village, Stratoni, in Halkidiki in Greece, where part of the mountain collapsed and huge rocks, mud, and tons of water went into my village.

Quite a few families are homeless (my parents home had big damages but was saved) and we were extremely lucky that no one in the village got seriously hurt (only 2 people are in hospital but out of danger)

http://www.stratoni.net/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=3&Itemid=114

http://www.stratoni.net/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=5:-12022010&Itemid=115
(my parents home is the one with the silver Avensis in the backyard almost on the balcony of the 1st floor)

My deepest sympathies to all Madeiran people.

Sergio-Rallymax
8th March 2010, 14:50
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7960/vlcsnap2010030716h12m44.png

RS
8th March 2010, 15:12
Ahhh, didn't spot that! So it's confirmed then?

It's really good to see that big gap in the calendar filled, but I'm not so sure this is going to be supported well by the teams with such a late change?

Sergio-Rallymax
8th March 2010, 15:35
This calendar appeared in the summary of Eurosport on Curitiba's Rally.
For the organization of the Rally Islas Canarias they have not confirmed it yet, but it seems to be that Eurosport already gives it made.

PLuto
9th March 2010, 17:54
It still isnt sure yet.

bluuford
7th April 2010, 23:02
Looks like Urmo Aava confirmed that Rally Estonia runs as IRC candidate event in this year: http://translate.google.ee/translate?hl=et&sl=et&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Frally.ee%2F

Luis Pacheco
9th June 2010, 16:03
http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/86286

More IRC events next year. This new is telling that New Zealand, Poland and Turkey could be in the 2011 calendar.

PLuto
9th June 2010, 16:38
Not the best translation. True is, that Eurosport is in discussion with many events, New Zealand, Poland and Turkey are included. But nothing is sure, there will be still lot of discussions.

Mirek
9th June 2010, 16:42
Mr. Lotti spoke about that on press conference on Sardinia:

Now we have perhaps too many requests to be added to the calendar and we cannot
have a situation where we have 18 or 20 events. There is a limit of events where people can score
points but we have to consider the number of events we have but perhaps with more requests we
can select more and more good events.

We have to be careful to increase the number of events of the IRC series. We can consider, sure,
these events that at the moment don’t have the opportunity to be included in the WRC calendar. But
we have to find the right condition to organise or include an event in our series by considering the
economy and backing from the local organiser. New Zealand is a little bit far away but it could be
one. I have received an email from the New Zealand organiser to consider and include New Zealand
and we have a planning meeting at the end of June. After we will see and consider the possibility to
do it. What we don’t want is to have too many events. Seven events are valid to score points and why
not keep this and let people decide where they run. This is not a big problem in this economic period.
With Poland we spoke several times and New Zealand we start to speak at the end of June.

When Portugal decide to come into the IRC it’s because it was out of the WRC. We don’t force
nobody to stay in the IRC. For sure the Italian federation can decide to go back into the WRC, why
not? But if they want to stay in the IRC we are open. We speak with everybody. What is important for
us is that in IRC we pay for all the transportation for the teams when we go outside of Europe, we pay
for everything. But it is too early to speak about these new events. I don’t think we are ready to
accept a compromise that the events when they are not in the WRC can stay one night sleeping in
our hotel, otherwise the cost of suite will be high although this can be a solution if they want to come
for one night.

NaBUru38
9th June 2010, 22:35
The IRC call themselves Intercontinental, but cries "New Zealand is a little bit far away". This year they are having just three rounds far from Europe (Argentina, Brazil and Açores). This standings table (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Intercontinental_Rally_Challenge_season#Drive rs) looks like a gruyere cheese - there are only six regular drivers who have scored points. Driers score in 7 out of 12 races this year, and they want more races for 2011 but keep scoring in 7. Why not have a truly worldwide WRC and a televised, factory-backed European Rally Championship?