PDA

View Full Version : RBR Cup Calendar - Fun events and Season 2

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 09:30
Just to let you guys know whats coming up in the next few months:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/Calendar.jpg

Ps. Trying to keep things like LCD... :)

jimakos
16th October 2009, 09:33
Great job Bruce!!
Thanks for information...

*Now we have an event every weekend :confused:
Hope can run all of them :)

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 09:56
Do what you can for now. I don't expect everyone to do all of them. I hope everyone at least does the 2nd and 3rd ones, they will be the most fun I think.

Just to let everyone know, you can now run Teams in this series as well, starting with the fun events. You may have noticed the results book at teams in it, well there'll be a teams championship in the new season, so get together with a buddy and get this thing started. To count in the teams championship you have to have a minimum of 2 drivers in the team, but you can have as many as you want. Only the fastest 2 drivers will count for a teams time. The times are totalled together and then whichever team is fastest wins. :D

lcd
16th October 2009, 10:33
What a great season 2 will be..!
Monte Carlo!, Acropolis!,San Remo!...great Inspiration there Bruce!
This calendar looks far better than the real one! :D
But Fun Series go first! Looking forward to the rules of HillClimb...!
I 'd also like to team up with someone of the RBR group:
Anyone available??? ;)

NeverKnow
16th October 2009, 11:22
Next season sounds very good and interesting. I can't wait to get RSRBR installed and start explore new features this mod brings, especially the new stages.
I 'd also like to team up with someone of the RBR group:
Anyone available??? ;)
I think at the moment most of us are available. Hell, even I am available.
I have one question regarding teams. Are teams required to run the same cars for their drivers or drivers have the freedom to choose their own ride regardless what their teammate is driving?

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 12:03
You are free to do whatever you want to do still. Teams are just the drivers together. They can run different classes or cars, totally up to the person. :)
And you won't have to run the same cars every event either, freedom like series 1.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 12:57
Bruce our team I believe is available,hey??

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 12:58
Yup, if we're still together and you haven't jumped ship. :p LCD can join GRACE Motorsport, fine by me.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 13:00
Yup, if we're still together and you haven't jumped ship. :p LCD can join GRACE Motorsport, fine by me.

LCD wants to participate in GRACE Motorsport??

hoofhearted
16th October 2009, 13:05
Anyone want to join me in a team?? finished 3rd overal in the championship, 1 win and one 2nd, let me know!!

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 13:58
LCD wants to participate in GRACE Motorsport??

Well he hasn't said anything to me, I thought that was what you were asking. Now I see you were just asking if we were still a team. Thats a Yes.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 14:02
Well he hasn't said anything to me, I thought that was what you were asking. Now I see you were just asking if we were still a team. Thats a Yes.
Now I'm a little confused Bruce!!
You mentioned LCD and I thought he asked you to become team!!!
Although,me and you are with GRACE Motorsport,ok??
Only we 2 ;)

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 14:29
Yes, we are a team, LCD hasn't asked me directly.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 14:31
Yes, we are a team

All right!
I hope we can take the teams championship in season 2 Bruce :D

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 14:48
BTW for those of you not interested in the internal politics of GRACE Motorsport... :D

Just to get your attention, total distances for the next 3 fun events:

Hillclimb - 34.9km over 8 stages
Mickey Mouse - 43.1km over 12 stages
Pentti Airikkala - 77.2km over 7 stages

jimakos
16th October 2009, 15:07
BTW for those of you not interested in the internal politics of GRACE Motorsport... :D

Just to get your attention, total distances for the next 3 fun events:

Hillclimb - 34.9km over 8 stages
Mickey Mouse - 43.1km over 12 stages
Pentti Airikkala - 77.2km over 7 stages

The 2 first seem good Bruce!!
But the 3rd one is unbelievable :confused:
It's over 10 km each stage!!!It seems we'll pass the winter by driving :p

tannat
16th October 2009, 15:09
Thanks for the calendar, Bruce :up:

This will certainly aid with checking out laptops from IT :p

Bruce D
16th October 2009, 15:30
The 2 first seem good Bruce!!
But the 3rd one is unbelievable :confused:
It's over 10 km each stage!!!It seems we'll pass the winter by driving :p

Got to make you work for it.

Hillclimb rally will be announced on Monday morning (my time). So that gives you the weekend to play with things and see how you go with the long stuff.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 15:34
Got to make you work for it.

Hillclimb rally will be announced on Monday morning (my time). So that gives you the weekend to play with things and see how you go with the long stuff.

Youn are right Bruce!!
A lot of practice is waiting me :p imp: :p imp: :p imp:

lcd
16th October 2009, 16:13
Anyone want to join me in a team??...

Well, I'd like to team up with you m8! ;)
Any suggestions for the team's name..?

Macd
18th October 2009, 15:43
I am also looking to team up with someone.

NeverKnow
18th October 2009, 16:23
Sure, I'm interested.

jimakos
18th October 2009, 16:24

Because teams championship is something new in RBR championship there are a lot of drivers to make your team!!
The only team I know so far is Bruce-jimakos and probably LCD-Hoofharted!!
I'm sure you'll find someone... :)

Macd
18th October 2009, 16:48
Sure, I'm interested.

cool, got a team name?

Bruce D
19th October 2009, 06:34
Hmm, NeverKnow and macd in one team.... bugger....

:p

lcd
19th October 2009, 13:47
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9572/motorsportslogo.jpg

Drivers:
Hoofhearted (WALES)
LCD (GREECE)

Bruce D
19th October 2009, 14:30
Shall I change your entry for the Hillclimb rally, LCD?

Sounds like another tough team. Teams championship might turn out into a humdinger!

NeverKnow
19th October 2009, 21:56
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Logo.jpg
Drivers:
Macd (SCOTLAND)
Neverknow (ESTONIA)

Bruce D
20th October 2009, 07:02
Seen as everyone else is doing it...

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/GRACEMotorsport.jpg

Drivers
jimakos (GREECE)
BruceD (SOUTH AFRICA)

jimakos
20th October 2009, 09:47
Wow nice job Bruce!!!
:p imp: :p imp: :p imp:

raybak
20th October 2009, 11:42
Anyone want to team up with me?

I'm getting faster, better with age as they say :)

Ray

Macd
20th October 2009, 19:21
I have created a set of numbers for everyone. Here is a preview. http://i36.tinypic.com/14w6lv5.jpg

I will upload the a zip file with all the numbers and the psd for anyone not numbered permenantly

Macd
20th October 2009, 19:40
Here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKHFF9WI

Bruce D
20th October 2009, 19:50
Ooo, I hate those stupid little numbers we have nowadays. Bring back the full size damn thing.

Macd
20th October 2009, 19:52
Ooo, I hate those stupid little numbers we have nowadays. Bring back the full size damn thing.

Times are a changing in this world. Bring back a lot of things Group A and B for one :)

Bruce D
21st October 2009, 06:37
Group A probably would never work cos of the shear number of cars that had to be built per homologation. Thats why Mitsubishi were the only ones who could keep doing it, they could sell all the road cars. As for Group B, well, imagine where that would be now! Mind you, I think the current WRC cars are too fast but also too dull to watch.

NeverKnow
21st October 2009, 10:52
Bruce, how many teams are there at the moment?

Bruce D
21st October 2009, 12:09
3 so far - NC, OMV and GRACE. So far its 2 drivers in each team, nobody has gone for 3 drivers yet. 5 entries for the event, only GRACE is missing a 2nd driver on this event...

Bruce D
21st October 2009, 12:25
Make that 6 entries and each team has 2 drivers.

Bruce D
21st October 2009, 15:36
BTW, just thinking ahead to the Season 2 series, how many stages would you guys like to see on average for each event?

jimakos
21st October 2009, 15:48
BTW, just thinking ahead to the Season 2 series, how many stages would you guys like to see on average for each event?

For me not less than 7 and not more than 12!!
Of course it depends on each rally about the distance of the stages :)

Bruce D
21st October 2009, 15:57
Well at the moment I've got it planned at an average of 9 stages per rally (min is 8, max 12 on one so far), with an average distance of 67km (least is 58km the most is 89km).

Keep in mind that I'm trying to avoid original stages, which is proving difficult for one event but I'm also throwing in new stages, and of course if any get added in during the course of the season I'll try to squeeze them in.

jimakos
21st October 2009, 16:03
Well at the moment I've got it planned at an average of 9 stages per rally (min is 8, max 12 on one so far), with an average distance of 67km (least is 58km the most is 89km).

Keep in mind that I'm trying to avoid original stages, which is proving difficult for one event but I'm also throwing in new stages, and of course if any get added in during the course of the season I'll try to squeeze them in.

It hears to me nice!!
Let's wait to see the opinion of the other ;)

NeverKnow
21st October 2009, 16:26
I think all the rallies should be roughly the same length distance wise. To achieve it some of the stages could be driven twice. I'd say number of the stages should be about 8 to 14, depending if there are any SSS in the rally and distance of the stages themselves.

lcd
21st October 2009, 16:45

That's OK with me! I would like to see up to 18 stages per rally
but I guess some of us may not have so much time to spend...!

Keep in mind that I'm trying to avoid original stages...

Please do! Most of us have memorized every km of those stages!
New stages and reversed ones with tricky weather combinations
will give some hard times, even to more experienced players!

lcd
21st October 2009, 16:54
Another thing I wanted to say, regarding recorded stage times:
It should be more realistic Day 1 stages run continuously and so Day 2!
At least that's the format I am going to follow... ;)
After all, there will be enough time for practice after schedule announced,
so why not run Day1 and Day2, without any breaks?

jimakos
21st October 2009, 16:54
That's OK with me! I would like to see up to 18 stages per rally
but I guess some of us may not have so much time to spend...

How much free time you have mate??
18 stages in each rally are a lot for me at least...

lcd
21st October 2009, 16:57
How much free time you have mate??
18 stages in each rally are a lot for me at least...

It's about half an hour for day1 and half an hour for day2!
Haven't calculated time for practice though... :D

jimakos
21st October 2009, 17:02
It's about half an hour for day1 and half an hour for day2!
Haven't calculated time for practice though... :D

A lot of time!!!
With practice for someone like me who doesn't know the game perfect it will cost 3-4 days to complete it!
I'm sure you don't need so much time... :)

lcd
21st October 2009, 17:06
A lot of time!!!
With practice for someone like me who doesn't know the game perfect it will cost 3-4 days to complete it!
I'm sure you don't need so much time... :)

Believe me, I do! With RSRBR09 mod , RBR feels like a new game... :eek:

jimakos
21st October 2009, 17:12
Believe me, I do! With RSRBR09 mod , RBR feels like a new game... :eek:

I can believe you mate!!
RSRBR09 is much more difficult than the old one.
But it offers a lot of new things and that's why Bruce decided to choose it ;)

NeverKnow
21st October 2009, 17:20
When I usually prepare for the rally I concentrate more on good recce and having good pacenotes. Not so much on practising on the actual stages, sometimes I pick a stage and test car setup there. Also I usually mark difficult part on the stages on a piece of paper so I can know when I should listen more carefully the pacenotes. So having more stages shouldn't be a problem.

jimakos
21st October 2009, 17:26
When I usually prepare for the rally I concentrate more on good recce and having good pacenotes. Not so much on practising on the actual stages, sometimes I pick a stage and test car setup there. Also I usually mark difficult part on the stages on a piece of paper so I can know when I should listen more carefully the pacenotes. So having more stages shouldn't be a problem.

All you say are right!!
But you forget something:
YOU ARE RBR 09 CHAMPION
You play the game very easy (at least easier than me) so a lot of stages isn't a problem for you but remember a liitle and us :)

NeverKnow
21st October 2009, 18:39
All you say are right!!
But you forget something:
YOU ARE RBR 09 CHAMPION
You play the game very easy (at least easier than me) so a lot of stages isn't a problem for you but remember a liitle and us :)
I can understand what you are saying. It took me quite a while to get grips with RBR and I still have a huge crash now and then. I just stated what worked for me with different stages and how I try to minimize driving errors. And for the record, Champion title doesn't mean anything next season because we all start with 0pts.

tannat
21st October 2009, 20:10

This sounds good-a rally should take just over an hour for me :D

Bruce D
22nd October 2009, 06:40
I think in the whole of last season the only rally I actually practiced for was France, and then I found my setup was useless on the actual event and eventually went back to the default setup! :s

I think I can set up a calendar that will please everyone according to what everyone has said here. Look, its pretty crowded with all these fun events right now but it will be easier once the season starts and we are doing one a month.

I find each stage has a "character" to it, which you've just got to learn and then you don't need to practice 1000s of times. For example, that Tervaniemi 15km stage, the main character is that when there are junctions, you've got to slow right down for them and take caution. It also helps to learn which stages have the bad pacenotes - USA is famous for these, calling corners slower than they are so you get used to driving 1 gear up from what you normally would for that type of corner, and then suddenly one of them is right and you're visiting the scenery.

NeverKnow
24th October 2009, 19:18
I've been driving on the Monte Carlo stages and I have a dilemma. What tire to use. I know that in actual event you have snow tires (without the studs) and studded tires which is a tarmac spec width, also normal tarmac tires. In RBR we have wet asphalt tire and snow tire. With rain tires the traction is OK on clear tarmac but really skiddish on the snowy patches. It is very easy to lose control of the car and end up crashing in a spectacular fashion. Now with the snow tires (narrow and studded tire) you have some control on snowy patches, though you slide a lot on it, but on tarmac it's pretty much hopeless.
Here's the question. What tires do you guys use on the Monte Carlo stages?

Bruce D
25th October 2009, 03:40
Well I haven't even practiced for the Mickey mouse yet let alone Monte so I don't know. Part of the fun for this monte will be guessing the tyres.

Macd
3rd November 2009, 17:53
Just finished making a set of old style large numbers for you old skool dudes, and car roofs http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0R7HP0L2

lcd
4th November 2009, 06:22
Just finished making a set of old style large numbers for you old skool dudes, and car roofs...

Nicely done Macd! :up: Thanx!

macksrallye
6th November 2009, 05:49
I've never even played RBR before but this looks like a hell of alot of fun.

So where do I get the game (if it's still available that is) and what does my computer need to have to run it? Would a steering wheel be a "must have" or can you get away with just a keyboard? If I was to go out & purchase RBR & get all mods etc and get remotely good at it can I join up to your season mid way through?

lcd
6th November 2009, 06:53
...what does my computer need to have to run it?

Those (or higher!) should work great! :)
2.6GHZ Processor
512MB System Ram
128MB Video Card (Card must support Pixel Shading)
At least 3.10GB HD space

...Would a steering wheel be a "must have" or can you get away with just a keyboard?

That's depends only on what makes you feel better with!

...can I join up to your season mid way through?

I guess you can join anytime! It would be great to have one more
Aussie entry, since Raybak Is probably following season 2! :)

NeverKnow
6th November 2009, 07:40
Trust me it is once you get grips with it. At first it might be look difficult but if you go through the rally school ingame and start slowly it becomes more easy.

So where do I get the game...
Don't know about Australia but here in Estonia we have online stores where you can get it for 6&#8364 ;( it's a bargain if you ask me). For a game that old it is still quite available even in some convenient stores. Try out any online stores in Australia and see if anyone have it in stock or you could ask Raybak where did he get his.

what does my computer need to have to run it?
Computer specs regarding CPU need not be that high. When it first came out I ran it on a AMD Duron 750Mhz with a Nvidia 6600 (or was it 5600 at the time) graphics card. It ran quite well but when it rained on the stages the gameplay became a sloppy. I have a laptop that is 2Ghz dualcore with ati1600 and it runs it smoother than my desktop computer (3Ghz dualcore with Nvidia 8800gts) for some reason. But I think any computer which have been made in past couple years should run it quite well.

Would a steering wheel be a "must have" or can you get away with just a keyboard?
You don't have to have a steering wheel. You can play it with a keyboard or a gamepad. Whatever suits you better. But remember there is a reason why cars come with circular control thingy. :)

Bruce D
6th November 2009, 08:12

So where do I get the game (if it's still available that is) and what does my computer need to have to run it? Would a steering wheel be a "must have" or can you get away with just a keyboard? If I was to go out & purchase RBR & get all mods etc and get remotely good at it can I join up to your season mid way through?

Welcome macksrallye!

It's going very cheaply here in South Africa so you should be able to find it somewhere for a good price. I should imagine any pc you have now would run it, provided the graphics card was decent (not special, just decent). As for a steering wheel, IMO you do need one for this game, it just makes it more easy to drive, but you don't need a fancy one for it - something cheap and nasty will be fine, you don't even need force feedback either. But a keyboard is fine too.

As for joining us, we have no restrictions on when people can join us and how quick they have to be, so hop in whenever you want to. You will need the RSRBR09 mod, but otherwise feel free to join the fun!

macksrallye
14th December 2009, 05:12
Ok, so I downloaded a Demo & it worked fine on my computer except for that fact that this game is very, very difficult with just a keyboard. Next questions are is RBR (full game) going to run fine if the Demo did? and what should I look for in a wheel/pedal set?

Bruce D
14th December 2009, 05:58
Well it should work fine if you have the demo and that worked ok.

As for a wheel. You can just get something with 2 pedals and buttons to change gear on the wheel, that will be fine. I started out like that. Paddle-shift type buttons are better anyway, I find it easier to control the car.

macksrallye
15th December 2009, 02:18
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/wheels/devices/320&cl=us,en

Does this wheel look any good?

Bruce D
15th December 2009, 05:56
Yes, I've played at a friends house with that one, it'll do nicely. Set the gearshifts up on the paddles and then use the sequential shift as the handbrake. I found the shift length on the sequential shift to be a bit long but otherwise thats a very decent wheel.

macksrallye
11th January 2010, 06:38
Bruce, thanks for the advice. Got the wheel & it's great (unfortunately I am not) With the RSRBR09/10 mod will I need to download both or can I just download RSRBR10. Also, I found a link to the RSRBR10 in another thread but what about RSRBR09.

NeverKnow
11th January 2010, 08:09
You only need one of them. RSRBR10 being newer and improved one should be the one to download. Keep in mind you will need to download car packs for it because it comes with no cars. You can view separate car packs here (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewforum.php?f=350)(choose what you like) and most recent update here (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewforum.php?f=351).

Bruce D
11th January 2010, 08:10
RSRBR2010 replaces RSRBR09 and can be used in our league events. ;)