PDA

View Full Version : BTCC 2010 Rumours

VkmSpouge
15th October 2009, 18:51
Well we've had a couple of teams state their intention to enter next year's championship.

Bamboo Engineering (http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1674) planning to expand to two Chevrolet Lacettis with Harry Vaulkhard in one car.

Forster Motorsport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79441) plans to enter next year with a pair of BMW 320sis. Arthur Forster and Martin Depper, British Mini Challenge champions will be the drivers.

Still I don't think we'll hear much from the big teams this side of Christmas.

dan09
21st October 2009, 09:39
chilton is staying with team aon for 2010 http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4130

LiamM
21st October 2009, 17:50
chilton is staying with team aon for 2010 http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4130

Shocking

Robinho
21st October 2009, 20:36
Phil Glew looking for a drive - think he could make an impact

Eurotech
21st October 2009, 22:50
lea woods looking at next season in a honda integra - apparently he's already got the car...

VkmSpouge
22nd October 2009, 00:43
The ex-Gareth Howell Integra according to Touring Car Times and Autosport.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4132

Good luck to Lea.

Rollo
23rd October 2009, 00:33
Is anyone willing to put up: "Triple 8 to run Kias in 2010"? Is that a totally daft idea?

LiamM
23rd October 2009, 09:31
Is anyone willing to put up: "Triple 8 to run Kias in 2010"? Is that a totally daft idea?

Well the Arena-Ford thing eventually materialised!

Eurotech
27th October 2009, 20:45
it seems anything is possible these days....

BTCC2
29th October 2009, 02:48
Here's one to think about http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4079

Mind, I wouldn't take too much notice of things before new year.

UltimateDanGTR
29th October 2009, 07:41
Here's one to think about http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4079

Mind, I wouldn't take too much notice of things before new year.

Please can we have volvo back! one must feel this would be great for the sport, although id b surprised if they werent the best cars on the grid. however, with the new rules in 2011/2012, using the C30 would be a bit pointless unless the cars are entered in another series afterward and they are replaced for the new rules by a larger car.

anyhow, i hope this surfaces.

kmchow
1st November 2009, 02:02
It's an impossibility, but how about a pair of 2010 Volvo S60s. Can anyone whip up some artistic renditions?

Eurotech
2nd November 2009, 15:59
I think some RML Cruize's would be great but then again, you can't ignore the chance to have Volvo back! (when is Rydell's contract with SEAT over??? :) ...)

BTCC2
2nd November 2009, 18:57
Jason Plato and Rickard Rydell at Volvo would be a dream.

mattie007
4th November 2009, 00:07
Would Volvo come back without any other manufacturers to race against? Or would it be an independant entry like RML?

BTCC2
4th November 2009, 17:26
I think it would more than likely be an indipendant entry.

Brown, Jon Brow
4th November 2009, 22:03
Maybe it could be more attractive now for manufacturers as they don't have to beat Vauxhall. Perhaps Vauxhalls dominance over the past decade has put manufacturers off entering because they know they will be beaten. Maybe Cheverolet will back a couple of Cruze's now that the GM sister Vauxhall is out.

Steve Neal still wants Honda to get involved with Team Dynamics.

matt5964
6th November 2009, 07:20
would'nt the s40 be more suited than the s60?

kmchow
7th November 2009, 23:26
Hard to say as a longer wheelbase could help high speed stability. But what better to launch the brand new S60 than with a motorsport program. The S40 is starting to get old/dated.

BTCC2
8th November 2009, 20:03

All comes down to which model they want to promote really. Who'd of thought the estates in 94 would be there!!

Eurotech
8th November 2009, 21:44
knowing Volvo, it could be an XC90....

UltimateDanGTR
9th November 2009, 16:24
knowing Volvo, it could be an XC90....

they better have a race in cheshire then to appeal to their target market :p

WSRfan82
10th November 2009, 19:35
Im drooling of the thought of Volvo back in the BTCC...i hope it comes true

BTCC2
21st November 2009, 14:09
Here is a bit more info on Forster Motorsport, testing at Brands this week.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4214

DazzlaF1
9th January 2010, 22:30
How it looks now (according to press releases)

CONFIRMED (* dependent on securing funding)

TEAM AON FORD FOCUS: Tom Chilton, ???, ???
SUNSHINE.CO.UK HONDA INTEGRA: Paul O'Neill, ???
BAMBOO ENGINEERING CHEVROLET LACETTI: Harry Vaulkhard, ???
FORSTER MOTORSPORT BMW 320i: Arthur Forster, Martin Depper
AMD TECHNIK VOLKSWAGEN GOLF: Shaun Hollamby, Simon Shaw*
TEAM PIRTEK VAUXHALL VECTRA: Andrew Jordan
PINKNEY MOTORSPORT VAUXHALL VECTRA: Dave Pinkney
TEAM WOOD HONDA INTEGRA: Lea Wood

NOT CONFIRMED BUT EXPECTED TO BE THERE

RML CHEVROLET LACETTI/CRUZE: 2 cars, possibly 3
TEAM RAC BMW 320i: 2 cars, possibly 3
MOTORBASE PERFORMANCE BMW 320i: 2 cars
TEAM DYNAMICS HONDA CIVIC: 2 cars

So at the moment we have 13 cars (possibly 14) confirmed with at least 22 cars when those 4 "major" teams announce their plans, and thats not including the usual 1 car entries from numerous privateers (John George, Boulevard, Kartworld.) All in all, its looking good so far

Alfa Fan
9th January 2010, 22:31
You don't think Daddy and Baby Neal will be racing?

DazzlaF1
9th January 2010, 22:35
You don't think Daddy and Baby Neal will be racing?
I had just remembered them when i had posted it, i do think they'll be there also, wether Matt Neal will be back at Dynamics though is another matter

VkmSpouge
9th January 2010, 22:55
Matt Hamilton is looking to continue in the BTCC this year as well according to his website, though his plans are not confirmed yet.

Brooklands78
10th January 2010, 11:06
thats not including the usual 1 car entries from numerous privateers (John George, Boulevard, Kartworld.)
John George's Integra is advertised for sale on Touring Car Spares website

mattie007
10th January 2010, 18:39
Not surprised with the amout of crashes its had!
Looks like Paul Luti wont be there in a ZS, couldn't secure funding apparently.
What are the chances of Kartworld being there?

Didn't Aon say they would run 3 cars?

tisme
10th January 2010, 19:27
What are the chances of Kartworld being there?
About the same as last year. His knee must have healed by now, surely?

Didn't Aon say they would run 3 cars? They said they could run three cars.. not definate!

Eurotech
10th January 2010, 19:36
They said they could run three cars.. not definate!
...As did techspeed.

tisme
10th January 2010, 19:40
...As did techspeed.
As did Motorbase.
As did WSR.

BTCC2
11th January 2010, 18:52
As did Kartworld in 2007!

mattie007
12th January 2010, 18:24
I wonder what ex-BTCC driver asked Kartworld to prepare a second MG for the end of the 09 season. Maybe they will be entering this season?

tisme
12th January 2010, 18:47
As if you can't guess???

Doesn't really matter, does it?

Sorry, but unfortunately this reminds me of Team48!

Yes we're coming out, but not yet, maybe later. Oh we have another driver that maybe coming out, once he has the budget. He now has a budget but has had to Blah, Blah, Blah.

Heard it all before! Cut the bull, the fans deserve better!

There are now a couple of teams that I will believe when I see them on the grid!!!

I am evil Homer
13th January 2010, 09:39
Why bother...the MG is way too old now to even be a consideration. You'd be throwing money away as i'm sure sponsors realise.

Doubly so if there are Integras and Vectras available or pay drives at another team

mattie007
13th January 2010, 20:25
As if you can't guess???

Doesn't really matter, does it?

Sorry, but unfortunately this reminds me of Team48!

Yes we're coming out, but not yet, maybe later. Oh we have another driver that maybe coming out, once he has the budget. He now has a budget but has had to Blah, Blah, Blah.

Heard it all before! Cut the bull, the fans deserve better!

There are now a couple of teams that I will believe when I see them on the grid!!!

Your right. I was a fan of KWR but after all the stories last season its not fair on fans.
Maybe it doesn't matter now, but do you know who the driver would of been?

veeten
16th January 2010, 01:30
Well the Arena-Ford thing eventually materialised!

looks like they are taking the 'alternative fuels' route, and using LPG for their Focus ST.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80909

BTCC2
16th January 2010, 02:08
Your right. I was a fan of KWR but after all the stories last season its not fair on fans.
Maybe it doesn't matter now, but do you know who the driver would of been?

I'm almost certain that it would have been Leggate.

tisme
16th January 2010, 19:28
I'm almost certain that it would have been Leggate.
Good guess, but I think you will find, not correct.

But don't stop guessing.

mattie007
17th January 2010, 14:16
I always thought it was Reid?

BTCC2
17th January 2010, 15:30
Good guess, but I think you will find, not correct.

But don't stop guessing.

If you know then why don't you just tell us...

tisme
17th January 2010, 20:34
If you know then why don't you just tell us...

Two reasons.. firstly everytime i post information on here no one believes me and thinks i am making it up. So I'm happy I know!

Secondly, as he is still trying to put a deal together for this year, I don't think it would be fair to jepordise it for him.

Alfa Fan
17th January 2010, 22:26
tisme

you've never posted anything on this forum that wasn't already known, so I'm somewhat confused by your attitude. In fact everything you have told us has been WRONG. Adam Jones, definitely back out after end of CVR WRONG. Remember telling us about a done-deal for Plato in a RWD car in Dec 08? WRONG and Kane as his teammate? WRONG Before that you'd told us CVR would never race in 2009. WRONG Then you suggested Onslow-Cole would be racing a Leon in 2008 WRONG, and Jackson for Dynamics WRONG and that Motorbase had bought Dynamics Civics!! yes you guessed it, WRONG

I'm sorry but your record of never ever having posted anything that was right, might have something to do with people not believing you. Trust me I checked all your posts, no a single premonition was correct :)

tisme
17th January 2010, 22:53
Trust me I checked all your posts, no a single premonition was correct :)

Alfa Fan, GET A LIFE!!!!

You better tell BTCC2 not to bother asking me then if I'm that wrong!

VXRDartford
18th January 2010, 12:09
and you wonder why people think this forum is going down the pan!! All of you just grow up I believe we have the fredom of speach in the UK so even if something is posted that might me a load of rubbish (I am not suggesting any of the posts are before anyone says anything) the poster is entitled to his/ her opinion and if you dont like it just ignore it!

Alfa Fan
18th January 2010, 13:32
But its attitudes like tisme's that are the problem. Not my fault someone had to point out the fact that he has never posted anything that was right in this forum, so to assume the high ground against BTCC2...well. At least when tdb and PDS post things they were usually right! :)

Tisme was wondering why no-one ever believed what he posted. I was giving him the answer. Because everything he has ever, ever posted has been wrong. Every single thing. Hence you get no credibility.

Alfa Fan
1st February 2010, 21:03
This thread has been a bit devout of rumours, so here's a list of a couple that have cropped up in recent weeks:

Nick Leason will be back in the BTCC this season in the 3rd Vectra with a NGTC engine under the NJL Racing banner.[/*:m:mu75wks7]
Andy Neate looks set to finally make a proper entry to the BTCC, after a couple of aborted attempts. (Probably in a WSR BMW)[/*:m:mu75wks7]
Their may be a Turkish surprise before March :) [/*:m:mu75wks7]Anything else?

Eurotech
2nd February 2010, 18:31
Their may be a Turkish surprise before March :) [/*:m:2ni83da3]
yes, I'm entering :D

anywa, I'd just like to pay tribute to Alfa Fan's post, There's nothing I like more than some entertainment on this forum :) (no offense intended)

Allyc85
2nd February 2010, 18:34
More like news and not a rumour but Forster Motorsport will be taking delivery of a second BMW 320 soon according to last weeks motorsport news.

Elmo
2nd February 2010, 18:47
This thread has been a bit devout of rumours, so here's a list of a couple that have cropped up in recent weeks:

Nick Leason will be back in the BTCC this season in the 3rd Vectra with a NGTC engine under the NJL Racing banner.[/*:m:2ljd6316]
Andy Neate looks set to finally make a proper entry to the BTCC, after a couple of aborted attempts. (Probably in a WSR BMW)[/*:m:2ljd6316]
Their may be a Turkish surprise before March :) [/*:m:2ljd6316]Anything else?
Not sure about Leason, he always tends to make announcements and plans but unfortunately they all fall apart early into the season if he makes it that far. As for Andy Neate everything seems to be pointing towards him finally making the grid, we probably wont find out officially until media day? for the first time in a couple of years it appears his website has been updated, well holding page at least. It has a reference to the BTCC in it anyway...http://www.andyneate.co.uk

DazzlaF1
2nd February 2010, 20:58
Their may be a Turkish surprise before March :)

That reminds me, Didnt Erkut Kizilirmak say at the end of the 08 season that he was taking a year out but wanted to return to the BTCC?

Alfa Fan
3rd February 2010, 14:18
Not sure about Leason, he always tends to make announcements and plans but unfortunately they all fall apart early into the season if he makes it that far.

If it the combination I've heard (with 888), Nick will have nothing to blame but himself this time if it doesn't work out..

PDS
3rd February 2010, 14:28
Nick Leason will be back in the BTCC this season in the 3rd Vectra with a NGTC engine under the NJL Racing banner.[/*:m:2fx1uza1]
What with Pinkney and Jordan.. Now we have...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81230

Will be running out of Vectra's soon!

Alfa Fan
3rd February 2010, 14:29
That reminds me, Didnt Erkut Kizilirmak say at the end of the 08 season that he was taking a year out but wanted to return to the BTCC?

He did :) Also, John George back, to partner Paul O'Neill at Techspeed.

PDS
3rd February 2010, 14:34
Yes. AND he said he would be in a Vectra!!!

Alfa Fan
3rd February 2010, 14:41
So...that's

Pinkney
Jordan

in Vectras for sure

Leason
Kizilirmak

also in Vectras?

And still Triple Eight running 2.

6 into 4 (max) certainly doesn't go. J & P already announced plans so those 2 seem fairly certain. Leason & Kizilirmak in 888 Vectras? I would love to see Erkut back :)

PDS
3rd February 2010, 15:22
Well, if it is six then that will be okay. It just means that one team will have more work to get ready for the new season...

trebor901
3rd February 2010, 20:23
i think WSR's 3rd driver is gonna be Andy Neate which will be nice to see and as for the triple eight car i hope its Giovanardi

PDS
3rd February 2010, 21:29
Technically, they haven't announced their FIRST TWO drivers yet!!

tisme
4th February 2010, 18:14
I find it quite ironic that most teams that say they are looking at running three cars haven't even named their first or second drivers yet!

VkmSpouge
4th February 2010, 18:46

Nick Leason will be back in the BTCC this season in the 3rd Vectra with a NGTC engine under the NJL Racing banner.[/*:m:13wn76cv]
Andy Neate looks set to finally make a proper entry to the BTCC, after a couple of aborted attempts. (Probably in a WSR BMW)[/*:m:13wn76cv]
Their may be a Turkish surprise before March :) [/*:m:13wn76cv]Anything else?

Where did you hear/read these rumours?

It would be great to have Erkut Kizilirmak back again if only to give Ben Edwards a tough time when it comes to pronouncing his full name :D

Eurotech
4th February 2010, 18:56
Pinkney and Jordan in ex-title winning cars? That sounds familiar, its just a different Jordan

DazzlaF1
4th February 2010, 19:38
The status so far, drivers in brackets are possibles/rumoured, asterisks mean dependant on funding

ARENA FORD - Tom Chilton, (Tom Onslow-Cole), ???

WEST SURREY RACING BMW - (Colin Turkington), (Stephen Jelley), (Andy Neate)

MOTORBASE PERFORMANCE BMW - (Rob Collard), ???

TECHSPEED HONDA - Paul O'Neill, John George

AMD MILLTEKSPORT VOLKSWAGEN - Shaun Hollamby, Simon Shaw*

FORSTER MOTORSPORT BMW - Arthur Forster, Martin Depper

PIRTEK VAUXHALL - Andrew Jordan

PINKNEY VAUXHALL - David Pinkney

TEAM WOOD HONDA - Lea Wood

List does not include Team Dynamics and RML

BTCC2
4th February 2010, 20:23
I hope Kizilirmak does return. I always like to see foreign drivers in the series.

Alfa Fan
4th February 2010, 20:24
Where did you hear/read these rumours?

The essence of the first two are easily discovered from some searching of relevant webpages :)

The third one, have to wait and see sorry, can't really say much more that. :)

BTCC2
4th February 2010, 20:25
The status so far, drivers in brackets are possibles/rumoured, asterisks mean dependant on funding

ARENA FORD - Tom Chilton, (Tom Onslow-Cole), ???

WEST SURREY RACING BMW - (Colin Turkington), (Stephen Jelley), (Andy Neate)

MOTORBASE PERFORMANCE BMW - (Rob Collard), ???

TECHSPEED HONDA - Paul O'Neill, John George

AMD MILLTEKSPORT VOLKSWAGEN - Shaun Hollamby, Simon Shaw*

FORSTER MOTORSPORT BMW - Arthur Forster, Martin Depper

PIRTEK VAUXHALL - Andrew Jordan

PINKNEY VAUXHALL - David Pinkney

TEAM WOOD HONDA - Lea Wood

List does not include Team Dynamics and RML

I wouldn't be too confident of Arena or WSR coming up with a 3rd car tbh

Eurotech
5th February 2010, 21:05
I can imagin a 3rd focus because Areana are ambitious like that - I agree with BTCC2 on the WSR bit though (I may be wrong)

Elmo
5th February 2010, 23:08
I can imagin a 3rd focus because Areana are ambitious like that - I agree with BTCC2 on the WSR bit though (I may be wrong)
I believe that West Surrey will probably be a two car team, a third car maybe difficult without the RAC sponsorship. The only difference is that the 1 & 2 driver line-up will be somewhat different. Andy Neate + 1 is my take?

tisme
6th February 2010, 17:07
I believe that West Surrey will probably be a two car team, a third car maybe difficult without the RAC sponsorship. The only difference is that the 1 & 2 driver line-up will be somewhat different. Andy Neate + 1 is my take?
Andy Neate has been associated with WSR for a while now but nothing has happened..

Turkington is still in with a chance back in the BMW. He is also rumoured to be joining Plato in a Works Chevrolet BTCC team.

Aon still haven't announced their second driver yet I cannot see that as a 3 car team either.

Eurotech
6th February 2010, 17:55
But Turkington might apparently be going to the WTCC with Bamboo Engineering (see this week's Autosport)...

Alfa Fan
6th February 2010, 18:14
I think thats Bamboo (or more appropriately Mr Vaulkhard Snr) dreaming. Much like Plato stories last year. Not only did Plato not join them, he went and paid another team to run the car Vaulkhard wanted them to race for them! :P

Eurotech
6th February 2010, 23:13
I guess...

I really don't want Turkington to leave the BTCC, he's become one of the championship stalwarts like (love or hate them....) Matt Neal and Jason Plato...

VkmSpouge
7th February 2010, 15:06
But Turkington might apparently be going to the WTCC with Bamboo Engineering (see this week's Autosport)...

Not that I want Turkington to go but if he wants to go into the WTCC there are better options than joining a very new team with no experience of the championship in an out of date car that Turkington isn't familiar with. He could try to join one of the BMW privateer teams that have proved their competitiveness at this level.

RaceOnBtcc2010
8th February 2010, 13:29
Any News On Racing Silverline ???
Will They Be Entering This Year ???
Word At the Moment Is Jason Plato Has financial Issues
Jason Plato , Mat Jackson And James Nash :confused:

Eurotech
8th February 2010, 18:12
Any News On Racing Silverline ???
Will They Be Entering This Year ???
Word At the Moment Is Jason Plato Has financial Issues
Jason Plato , Mat Jackson And James Nash :confused:
Apparently RML want to run some Cevy Cruzes this season - Not sure about drivers or whether Silverline will be involved but just watch this space...

mattie007
16th February 2010, 18:26
Anyone else see the official announcement on Honda UK and TD running Civics.
Not quite sure if its afull Honda factory effort but looks like they are using TD to advertise Mugen.

See the end of the article: http://www.hondauk-media.co.uk/release/?release=1283

Surprised its not been mentioned!

Allyc85
16th February 2010, 19:10
Weird that its been kept so quiet! Great news though :D

Alfa Fan
17th February 2010, 16:42
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=357723&FS=BTCC

It seems we're famous :D

Eurotech
18th February 2010, 21:34
Nice find Alfa fan :) , and I'm glad to hear the TD Civics will be staying in white because I think they look good in that test livery Matt Neal was using, It shows the lines of the car well

BTCC2
19th February 2010, 21:25
Colin Turkington tested the WSR BMW at Thruxton today. Read into that what you will but for me it's good news at least. Alex Macdowall and Andy Neate also drove the car.

MattL
19th February 2010, 23:03
Not a rumour as such, but pics from today's general test at Thruxton now online courtesy of PSP Images: http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/v/btcc2010/preseason/

VkmSpouge
20th February 2010, 11:26
That's a lot of white BMWs, I hope they change their liveries before Media Day.

Eurotech
20th February 2010, 15:15
Andy Neate driving the orange beemer - this MUST mean something *fingers crossed*

MotorSportAutographs.com
20th February 2010, 16:00
All i hope is its going to be a good season for the btcc, with less money around lets hope that makes for good racing what ever the car they are in :D

tisme
20th February 2010, 17:22
Andy Neate driving the orange beemer - this MUST mean something *fingers crossed*

Yes it means that Turkington and McDowell were busy using the white and blue car!

mattie007
20th February 2010, 18:14
Any news on Gordon Sheddon? Dont think hes been mentioned? Saying that, I haven't heard Adam Jones' name either. What are the chances of either of them being Boardmans teammate?

Eurotech
20th February 2010, 18:45
Any news on Gordon Sheddon? Dont think hes been mentioned? Saying that, I haven't heard Adam Jones' name either. What are the chances of either of them being Boardmans teammate?
depending on budget its quite a good chance but If there's no money there, they've got as much chance as Dan Eaves sadly...

driveace
21st February 2010, 13:47
Just come on this thread and noticed the name Alex McDowell.Is he the son of Ray McDowell that used to race a Sierra Cosworth in the 90s.He owned ECM Car transporters from Cumbria???

PDS
21st February 2010, 16:48
He owned ECM Car transporters from Cumbria???
He still does. His company transports almost every new car around the country!

Eurotech
21st February 2010, 17:32
anyone want to take a punt on saying an ECM liveried WSR car this season? Or am I being a bit premature...

PDS
21st February 2010, 18:40
At least they wouldn't have a transport problem...

Lets wait and see.

driveace
21st February 2010, 18:52
SO are you guys saying that I am correct in thinking that Alex is Ray McDowells son ?
Anybody remember Ray McDowell,I am sure he used to have a partner in the business ,and he used to race too.Sure he used to partner Ray in 2 driver races in the Sierra Cosworth,and that was sponsored by ECM
Last time I saw Ray racing he was in a Porsche at Donnington about 4 years ago.

reidy_fan
21st February 2010, 19:24
aye Alex is Ray's son.

could be a nifty wee deal there for WSR, ECM to supply the tractor units for the transporters. IIRC WSR use 2 artic transporters and a 17 tonne rigid

Pat_Cranham85
21st February 2010, 21:01
Hiya guys I am BTCC reporter/photographer for motorsport.com. I am glad Alfa Fan you spotted my article and yes I did use some information from the forum as I recieve no inside information and rely purely on information I find on the internet.

I also was present at Thruxton on friday and have a report from the day and images from the day here http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=358067

Bit off topic now but last year on motorsport.com we recorded a 600% increase on BTCC hits so thank you for all your support and long may it continue.

Any feedback is also gratefully recieved

Pat

BTCC2
21st February 2010, 21:50
I really like those snow shots!

Eurotech
21st February 2010, 23:15
Why did the White WSR Beemer have "Neate" on the window?

Also, I've only just noticed that Team Dynamics have changed the grill on the front of the Civic to a Type-R one. It looks better.

MattL
21st February 2010, 23:26
Why did the White WSR Beemer have "Neate" on the window?

I believe that Neate's name was taken off the white WSR BMW at some point during the day.

jonv
22nd February 2010, 13:22
Plato announcement soon: http://twitter.com/jasonplato

Alfa Fan
22nd February 2010, 14:19
I can't help but feel it could be Plato and Turkington for RML in the BTCC. It's too late for Colin to do WTCC properly now, and its strange that WSR have now announced Neate without any mention of Turkington. But where would that leave Jackson?

mattie007
22nd February 2010, 18:17
Looking good for 2010!
I think Turks is quite loyal to WSR, cant see him leaving them to join a rival after just winning the chmapionship.

VkmSpouge
22nd February 2010, 18:31
Plato announcement soon: http://twitter.com/jasonplato

Of course that tweet could just relate to the new Fifth Gear series :p :

Allyc85
22nd February 2010, 19:38
It wont be 5th gear gas been axed as far as I know :(

VkmSpouge
22nd February 2010, 20:38
Well that killed my joke.

Eurotech
23rd February 2010, 21:08
hmmm interesting but then again - its not exactly a suprise that Jason Plato will be driving something next season...

mattie007
25th February 2010, 19:12
Or could the 'announcement' on twitter been referring to his baby and not btcc??

BTCC2
25th February 2010, 19:23
Or could the 'announcement' on twitter been referring to his baby and not btcc??

Important announcement just doesn't seem like the sort of thing you'd put if your talking about a baby.

Alfa Fan
25th February 2010, 19:38
Plato is in at RML I'm sure. Remember this time last year when he didn't have a driver we were hearing from him every week! Given RML have admitted their on the verge of announcing a big deal to enter the Cruzes in the next two weeks and want Plato, I'd bet on him being in #2 Cruze come Thruxton!

Eurotech
25th February 2010, 19:59
Plato is in at RML I'm sure. Remember this time last year when he didn't have a driver we were hearing from him every week! Given RML have admitted their on the verge of announcing a big deal to enter the Cruzes in the next two weeks and want Plato, I'd bet on him being in #2 Cruze come Thruxton!
Thats probably where the wise money is, Jackson for teammate? He must have a drive somewhere after that display last season - 8 podiums in a row!

tisme
25th February 2010, 20:01
Plato is in at RML I'm sure.

I am going to say Plato will not be in a Chevrolet this year!!!

If it was that clear-cut, why haven't they announced anything yet?

I predict, he will be in the BTCC, but not in a Chevvy....

VkmSpouge
25th February 2010, 21:34

It is quite clear that Matt Neal will be driving for Team Dynamics this but they haven't announced anything either. Still I don't mind what Plato is driving as long as he is around.

Eurotech
25th February 2010, 21:42
Its a shame northernSouth weren't able to enter after the loss of SEAT, does anyone know what they do nowadays?

BTCC2
25th February 2010, 22:20

I predict, he will be in the BTCC, but not in a Chevvy....

Don't forget last year it wasn't announced until the week of the opening round.

LiamM
25th February 2010, 22:29
We might get a few announcements tomorrow, its the day when entries close for the 2010 season

Alfa Fan
26th February 2010, 00:16
Yes the famous entry "deadline". In reality its a deadline to appear at the media day.

tisme
9th March 2010, 21:27
Spotted this story elswhere.. http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/Touring-Car-team-after-_Stig_nature-newsinkent33497.aspx?news=sport

This line is interesting... David Bartrum is holding talks with a host of names, including Collins, former independent touring car racer Mat Jackson and Steven Kane to fill the two vacant seats.

My money is on Collard not being at Motorbase...

MattL
9th March 2010, 22:30
Don't always believe what you read online! I don't think everything in that article is accurate... Don't expect an announcment from Motorbase quite yet - Rob, on the other hand...we'll see what tomorrow brings!! ;)

Northern Monkey
9th March 2010, 23:12
Don't always believe what you read online! I don't think everything in that article is accurate... Don't expect an announcment from Motorbase quite yet - Rob, on the other hand...we'll see what tomorrow brings!! ;)

What a tease.... ;)

PDS
9th March 2010, 23:22
Well, if you can.. why not?

VkmSpouge
10th March 2010, 00:24
Both Lea Wood and Martin Johnson have been out testing their cars according to BTCC.net, they even have pictures of the Honda Integra and Vauxhall Astra coupé in action.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1832

MattL
10th March 2010, 11:46
Come on then...not long to go now. Assuming we've got announcements to come from RML and Motorbase, who do you hope/expect to see in the cars?

Alfa Fan
10th March 2010, 11:53
Hope to see (being realistic)

Motorbase: Ben Collins and Steven Kane
RML: Jason Plato and Matt Jackson
Arena: Tom Onslow-Cole
Dynamics: Matt Neal and Johnny Herbert
Special Tuning: Gordon Shedden
Boulevard: Martin Johnson

And hopefully about 25 cars on the grid.

I expect the 2 Motorbase cars to turn up and I expect RML will run 2 as well but seemingly without Plato (albeit the source was only tisme). I suspect Arena will run 2 cars, but that Dynamics may be down to 1 for Neal despite the increased relationship with Honda. Would like Shedden to be Boardman's teammate at SEAT but who knows. Johnson has been out testing his Astra so hopefully we'll see him back, and there's a number of other drivers still potential entrants (Hamilton, Kizilirmak, Leason, Blencowe)

PDS
10th March 2010, 14:55
Hope to see (being realistic)

Motorbase: Ben Collins and Steven Kane
RML: Jason Plato and Matt Jackson
Arena: Tom Onslow-Cole
Dynamics: Matt Neal and Johnny Herbert
Special Tuning: Gordon Shedden
Boulevard: Martin Johnson

And hopefully about 25 cars on the grid.

I expect the 2 Motorbase cars to turn up and I expect RML will run 2 as well but seemingly without Plato (albeit the source was only tisme). I suspect Arena will run 2 cars, but that Dynamics may be down to 1 for Neal despite the increased relationship with Honda. Would like Shedden to be Boardman's teammate at SEAT but who knows. Johnson has been out testing his Astra so hopefully we'll see him back, and there's a number of other drivers still potential entrants (Hamilton, Kizilirmak, Leason, Blencowe)

Realistic??? Your getting desperate when you are taking the guess of Tisme as a 'source'!
Some intersting names you have there. Some look right, some totally not and some you've missed.

Quite amusing the names that are coming out.

Not long until the 23rd.

VkmSpouge
10th March 2010, 21:27
Come on then...not long to go now. Assuming we've got announcements to come from RML and Motorbase, who do you hope/expect to see in the cars?

Well as long as the names Jason Plato, Matt Neal, Mat Jackson, Colin Turkington, Adam Jones and Gordon Shedden fit in there somewhere I'll be happy.

tisme
10th March 2010, 22:15
Your getting desperate when you are taking the guess of Tisme as a 'source'!

I am flattered that he is taking notice of my guesses. Quite CRAZY really.

mattie007
11th March 2010, 00:11
The 23rd is my birthday so im hoping for alot of surprises!

PDS
11th March 2010, 18:49
I expect RML will run 2 as well but seemingly without Plato (albeit the source was only tisme).

Looks like Tisme was NEARLY right!
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4501

Alfa Fan
11th March 2010, 19:06
It was well known that Volvo had first call on Plato's services though in the unlikely event they entered. Hopefully we'll get the RML announcement tomorrow, will be interesting to see who his teammate is!

VkmSpouge
11th March 2010, 19:43
Shame that Volvo could not get the package together to compete this year. Hopefully they will do it one year.

DazzlaF1
11th March 2010, 19:53
Shame that Volvo could not get the package together to compete this year. Hopefully they will do it one year.

Aye, as much as I am enjoying the sight of some damn good independent teams in the championship, I hope we'll see some manufacturers soon.

Speaking of which in todays Autsosport, they're goign as far as saying that Plato is CONFIRMED at RML in one of TWO Cruzes and the team are trying to get works status to compete as Chevrolet UK, here's hoping that is true.

If so (and including Johnson) this I believe would be the predicted lineup

* Not confirmed but expected

WEST SURREY BMW: Collard, Neate, ???
ARENA FORD: Chilton, ???, ???
RML CHEVROLET: Plato, ???
MOTORBASE BMW: ???, ???
TEAM DYNAMICS HONDA: Neal*, ???
SUNSHINE TECHSPEED HONDA: O'Neill, George
AMD MILLTEK VOLKSWAGEN: Hollamby, Shaw
FORSTER BMW: Forster, Depper
SPECIAL TUNING SEAT: Boardman, ???
TEAM PIRTEK VAUXHALL: A.Jordan
PINKNEY VAUXHALL: Pinkney
TEAM WOOD HONDA: Wood
BOULEVARD VAUXHALL: Johnson

Overall that would be

24 Cars
13 Teams
7 different makes represented
9 different models

Considering the economic downturn recently, that would be a fabulous entry

VkmSpouge
11th March 2010, 19:55
AmD will only run one car as they only have the single VW.

TouringCarTimes suggesting that Alex McDowell will join Plato at RML

Alfa Fan
11th March 2010, 22:21
Matt Hamilton back with TH :)

VkmSpouge
11th March 2010, 23:25
Great news, I hope Matt Hamilton has a good rookie season in the BTCC and nice to see TH Motorsport continuing.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4502

Alfa Fan
12th March 2010, 20:38
Michael Doyle's website states his next race is 3/4 April Thruxton...interesting

Pat_Cranham85
12th March 2010, 22:18
Both Phil Glew and Dean Smith have been out testing triple 8 Vectras today at Rockingham. With Triple 8 stating they still own 2 vectras, story on Autosport.

Eurotech
12th March 2010, 22:32
what? how can you start with 3 cars, sell two and still have 2 left?

Alfa Fan
12th March 2010, 22:42
Because they didn't start with 3. They have at least 4.

c8nay
13th March 2010, 01:43
I think someone (PDS?) said on one of these places that they had 5 plus 1 that needs some TLC.

Alfa Fan
14th March 2010, 13:15
Michael Doyle's website states his next race is 3/4 April Thruxton...interesting

Further inspection reveals a news story that says Doyle will be racing in the BTCC in 2010 in association with "Think Pink Scotland".

mattie007
14th March 2010, 14:06
If you look under 'latest news' it states that its unlikely he will be at Thruxton but they are trying to get funds for Rockingham.

Alfa Fan
14th March 2010, 14:13
I don't see a latest news tab. Could you link to the page?

c8nay
14th March 2010, 14:52
Its in the scrolling text box on the front page, followed by that 'think pink' story.

Alfa Fan
14th March 2010, 14:58
Ah that didn't load for me when viewing on Firefox. I guess we'll see whether they lodge an entry next Tuesday.

Alfa Fan
17th March 2010, 21:52
Motorbase in trouble? They've missed announcing their drivers when they said they would.

Brown, Jon Brow
17th March 2010, 21:59
Motorbase in trouble? They've missed announcing their drivers when they said they would.

Maybe why Collard joined WSR?

Alfa Fan
17th March 2010, 22:00
They have been testing and apparently have a sponsor lined up, but its not a good sign when they say they are going to announce something and it doesn't happen...

tisme
17th March 2010, 22:55
And they are committed to running SIX Porsches in the Carrera Cup?

Didn't their BMW breakdown at Brands after only 4 laps and then got towed away?

Perhaps they need to chew-over what they doing this year?

Northern Monkey
18th March 2010, 00:05
They have been testing and apparently have a sponsor lined up, but its not a good sign when they say they are going to announce something and it doesn't happen...

I really wouldn't worry - when Mr Bartrum says he is going to do something, he invariably delivers.

mattie007
18th March 2010, 00:12
Gordon Sheddon was seen with TD's at Oulton!

Alfa Fan
18th March 2010, 00:17
He'd be a good choice for Steve. Very fast driver, as he proved up against Matt in 2006/7, including beating Matt in the overall standings in 07, but not likely to cause too many issues with the "Matt is #1" nature of the team.

It's Gordon Shedden by the way, amazes me the number of people who spell his name wrong! Like Donnington! ;)

mattie007
18th March 2010, 10:16
He aint a bad driver, certainly a better number 2 than Pinkney. I guess Herbert is a definate no then?

AndySpeed
18th March 2010, 12:52
He'd be a good choice for Steve. Very fast driver, as he proved up against Matt in 2006/7, including beating Matt in the overall standings in 07, but not likely to cause too many issues with the "Matt is #1" nature of the team.

It's Gordon Shedden by the way, amazes me the number of people who spell his name wrong! Like Donnington! ;)

Yep, as a spelling Nazi that really bugs me too, even national media have got it wrong sometimes!

Shedds would be a great re-addition to the TD team, was very disappointed to see him only race with them for Brands last year.

MattL
18th March 2010, 13:42
As our Monkey friend says above - don't doubt Motorbase! Expect an announcement next week!

As for not announcing when they said they would - I don't think there's ever been a promise of an announcement. Speculation in the media, maybe, but nothing direct from David Bartrum!

UltimateDanGTR
18th March 2010, 16:33
He aint a bad driver, certainly a better number 2 than Pinkney. I guess Herbert is a definate no then?

Herbert has gone to the International Superstars series I believe ;)

PDS
18th March 2010, 17:06
As our Monkey friend says above - don't doubt Motorbase! Expect an announcement next week!

As for not announcing when they said they would - I don't think there's ever been a promise of an announcement. Speculation in the media, maybe, but nothing direct from David Bartrum!

Typical David Bartrum... Saving the best till last!

Alfa Fan
18th March 2010, 20:10
TOC appears to have been confirmed here:

http://motoring-news.com/motorsport/auto-windscreens-signs-up-as-team-aon-sponsor-in-2010-btcc/

So as it stands:

RML: Jason PLATO & Alex McDOWALL
Dynamics: Matt NEAL & TBA (Gordon SHEDDEN)
WSR: Rob COLLARD & Andy NEATE
Arena: Tom CHILTON & Tom ONSLOW-COLE
Techspeed: Paul O'NEILL & John GEORGE
Special Tuning: Tom BOARDMAN & TBA
Forster: Arthur FORSTER & Martin DEPPER
Jordan: Andy JORDAN
TH: Matt HAMILTON
AmD: Shaun HOLLAMBY
Pinkney: David PINKNEY
Motorbase: TBA & TBA
Wood: Lea WOOD

And maybe:

InTune: Michael DOYLE
WSR: Colin TURKINGTON
NJL: Nick LEASON
Boulevard: Martin JOHNSON
888: TBA (Phil GLEW) & TBA (Dean SMITH) So hopefully from that and maybe some surprises we can get a grid of about 22-24 cars for the season!

Eurotech
18th March 2010, 20:38
TOC appears to have been confirmed here:

http://motoring-news.com/motorsport/auto-windscreens-signs-up-as-team-aon-sponsor-in-2010-btcc/

Don't you hate it when the press get it wrong. Team Aon will NOT be the first to run LPG powered cars in the championship, are we forgetting John George's first attempt in 2004?

Alfa Fan
19th March 2010, 13:54
Big WTF moment here. Airwaves back on the Motorbase BMWs!! This story very much implied that they would not be around in 2010! http://www.crash.net/btcc/news/155031/1/motorbase_seeks_new_backer_airwaves_bow_out.html

Not that I'm complaining - A good news day for the BTCC today!

Allyc85
19th March 2010, 13:59
Thats what I thought Alfa Fan, it must be something to do with the driver line up that the team is excited about.

BTCC2
19th March 2010, 16:49
This would also appear to confirm Onslow-Cole in the 2nd Focus.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1845

Alfa Fan
19th March 2010, 18:58
Motorbase are proud to announce the continuation of Airwaves BMW together with Leyland Paints for 2010. Exciting driver announcements very soon!

I hope they don't disappoint after all this build up!!

VkmSpouge
19th March 2010, 21:15
Hmm, so two open Motorbase seats and Mat Jackson and Colin Turkington without drives...well, a man can dream.

MG2004
19th March 2010, 21:38
Hmm, so two open Motorbase seats and Mat Jackson and Colin Turkington without drives...well, a man can dream.

Now THAT would be an interesting team!

Matty
19th March 2010, 22:08
As much as Dave Bartrum wants to bring fresh blood into the championship, with that line up, they'll easily be up there for the title.

Robinho
19th March 2010, 22:18

thats quite a call, but i like the sound of that. would explain Collards apparent fall out with motorbase - if he was being replaced by these guys.

i hope your right

MattL
20th March 2010, 12:00
thats quite a call, but i like the sound of that. would explain Collards apparent fall out with motorbase - if he was being replaced by these guys.

i hope your right

Just to stick up for both Rob and Motorbase here: There was no 'fall out'. And it certainly wasn't after he was 'told he was being replaced'. The Airwaves deal for this year has all come together quite late in the day.

Alfa Fan
22nd March 2010, 19:19
This funny little list of drivers is available on BTCC Net homepage if you know where to look ;) Only the driver names are listed, I've just added what we know about them. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but curious they are all listed in the same place (and only these ones!)

Tom Boardman (Confirmed in SEAT Leon)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Tom Chilton (Confirmed in Ford Focus)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Rob Collard (Confirmed in BMW 320SI)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Martin Depper (Confirmed in BMW 320SI)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Arthur Forster (Confirmed in BMW 320SI)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
John George (Confirmed in Honda Integra)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Fabrizio Giovanardi (???)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Matt Hamilton (Confirmed in Honda Civic Type-R)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Shaun Hollamby (Confirmed in VW Golf)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Mat Jackson (Likely in BMW 320SI)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Martin Johnson (Likely in Vauxhall Astra Coupe)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Andrew Jordan (Confirmed in Vauxhall Vectra)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Steven Kane (???)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Alex McDowall (Confirmed in Chevrolet Cruze)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Matt Neal (Confirmed in Honda Civic)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Andy Neate (Confirmed in BMW 320SI)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Paul O'Neill (Confirmed in Honda Integra)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Tom Onslow-Cole (Confirmed in Ford Focus)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
David Pinkney (Confirmed in Vauxhall Vectra)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Jason Plato (Confirmed in Chevrolet Cruze)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Gordon Shedden (Confirmed in Honda Civic)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
James Thompson (???)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Colin Turkington (???)[/*:m:blh9gz91]
Lea Wood (Confirmed in Wood Integra)[/*:m:blh9gz91]

VkmSpouge
22nd March 2010, 19:32
It is an interesting list, don't know what to make of it. Still only half a day until the entry list is released.

trebor901
22nd March 2010, 19:47
Kane, Turkington and Giovanardi possible but Thompson has said no because of funding issues

Alfa Fan
22nd March 2010, 19:51
Who knows? I wouldn't rule Thompson out just because at some point in the past he's said he's lacking funding. Few predicted his return to the series in the manner he did last year!

DazzlaF1
22nd March 2010, 19:53
Kane, Turkington and Giovanardi possible but Thompson has said no because of funding issues

Giovanardi in a Triple 8 Vectra, please be true

VkmSpouge
22nd March 2010, 20:21
Usually I want the morning to come slowly (I'm in no rush to start another day of work) but I kind of want this evening to fly by :D

trebor901
22nd March 2010, 20:27
same cannot wait for tomorrow its either gonna be a very good entry list with some pleasant surprises or a bleak entry list with only a couple of real stand out drivers. It would be a shame because of the way the season finished last year, BTCC deserves another corker this year

Alfa Fan
28th March 2010, 23:36
Keep checking btcc.net in the next couple of days.. should be some exciting news on their very soon! :)

BTCC2
29th March 2010, 00:45
Oh please be Giovanardi or Turkington!!!

VkmSpouge
29th March 2010, 19:41
Keep checking btcc.net in the next couple of days.. should be some exciting news on their very soon! :)

Alan Gow is going to race in the second Triple Eight Vectra and finally show everyone how touring car racing is done?

mattie007
29th March 2010, 19:54
Im nearly 100% sure Turks will be back. Its gone too quiet.......!

Captain VXR
30th March 2010, 17:26

My sentiments exactly

PitMarshal
31st March 2010, 12:11

It won't be Gio. He'll only race for money these days, and without manufacturer backing no-one's going to have money available to fund a driver. My money's on Turks. With Gow trying to keep momentum depite the loss of 'works' entries, the last thing he needs is a defending champion being unable to find a ride.

Marc W
31st March 2010, 15:47
It won't be Gio. He'll only race for money these days, and without manufacturer backing no-one's going to have money available to fund a driver. My money's on Turks. With Gow trying to keep momentum depite the loss of 'works' entries, the last thing he needs is a defending champion being unable to find a ride.

I can't see it being turkington as he's already publicly stated that if he can find the funding he'll run with WSR.

Alfa Fan
31st March 2010, 20:07
888s website is saying "exciting news coming soon"

cos
1st April 2010, 00:15
888s website is saying "exciting news coming soon"

Hmm, all I can see is...

More Racing:
We will be competing in new race series throughout the year.

New Driving Opportunities:
More seats in more cars means more opportunities for drivers.

New Sponsorship Opportunites:
Get your business onto a winning car in 2010.

New Website:
New for the new season. A fresh new look.

Alfa Fan
1st April 2010, 00:21
Check out the page title ;)

BTCC2
1st April 2010, 01:11
James Thompson perhaps, he is without a drive and has links to 888.

tin-top fan
1st April 2010, 10:09
James Thompson perhaps, he is without a drive and has links to 888.

He's quite busy actually: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4328

Pat_Cranham85
1st April 2010, 18:52
Giovanardi to 888? Looks like it could happen found this http://www.italiaracing.net/translatenews.asp?id=26810&cat=21&lang=en plus this on twitter only adds to the rumour http://twitter.com/DunlopBTCC/status/11431029033

mattie007
1st April 2010, 19:05
By tomorrow evening, id say we'll have Gio at 888, Turks at WSR and a 3rd Ford.
I can dream!

Seriously though, the championship needs at least one of the two to challenge Plato and Neal.

Eurotech
1st April 2010, 23:14
What about Rickard Rydell in the second 888 Vectra? He isn't doing anything this season....

trebor901
2nd April 2010, 11:17
haha that would be awesome to see Rickard back in BTCC, but realisticly i dont know, 11 o'clock and still nothing lol looks like its gonna be a long wait today to see who it is

Wouldnt it have been a better surprise to not announce it and just send whoever it is out tomorrow and everyone be like "wow didnt see that coming"

mattie007
2nd April 2010, 12:02
I wish they would hurry up, my pickems prediction is waiting for this!

Allyc85
2nd April 2010, 12:31
Its Gio!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82622

Captain VXR
2nd April 2010, 16:17
It won't be Gio.

sorry, but I just have to gloat at this

YOU FAIL :p