PDA

View Full Version : Rallying ITV 4 6.00PM 25/02/07

sal
20th February 2007, 11:43
From a post on britishrally.co.uk/forum

Just a reminder that Out of Control - The Rally Show is on ITV4 for the next 2 Sundays at 6pm. Each show is 1 hour long and features highlights from many of the programmes seen so far. We've called it Out of Control - The Rally Show as we're trying to make it more like the old Acceleration videos and of course for those with long memories, The Rally Show was the first programme that we put on Men & Motors back in 1997. Since then we have made about 150 shows for the channel!

As well as the usual incidents and accidents, programme 1 features the F1000 Junior Inititive, Malcolm Wilson preview, Barbados Rally Carnival, the Peugeot Cosworth feature from the Worlds Top Ten Rally Cars, Custom Cages safety feature, plus the Winter Trial. There's something else in there as well I think but I can't remember.

I'll let you know what's on Programme 2 as soon as it's finished, but it's likely to include the Roger Albert Clark, Armajaro Historics, How to Start Rallying, plus several more exciting inserts.

This is all good news for some of these events which will be seen by a far higher audience than they will ever have been seen by before, and tell all your friends to watch so that maybe we can get a permanent spot!

And no excuse now for people who haven't got SKY either because it's on Freeview and freeview boxes are free with cornflakes at Tescos nowadays if I'm not mistaken!

Res Ipsa Loquitur
25th February 2007, 19:45
I 've just finished watching the first edition of Out Of Control. It wasn't bad at all. There was quite a lot of coverage of rolls and crashes. A good technical bit on the construction of roll cages. They could feature moe information on the crews and championships. At least the programme tends to stay away from the likes of Gronholm, Loeb, Higgins and Wilks and focuses on other drivers.

:D

MrJan
27th February 2007, 22:55
Thanks for the heads-up. I used to watch OOC when Men and Motors was on freeview so had an idea of what to expect. Good to some great rallying clips in which I can recognise the event and driver from having seen then regularly rather than just WRC stars. Thought the piece about Burton was good, especially as it showed the Alfa Ferrari, just a shame it wasn't longer :D