PDA

View Full Version : Now Gardner is shooting his mouth off over Stoner

The Phantom
15th October 2009, 06:46
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/motorsport/gardner-mystified-by-stoner-illness/2009/10/10/1255019653343.html

"It's very suspicious," Gardner said. "I wish there had have been some sort of answer to it, that he'd come out with some sort of answer, because there is certainly an air of mystery to it.''

Why is it such a big deal for these people? Or is it just an opportunity to get their name in the media now that they are irrelevant to motorcycle racing... :grenade:

Mach24
15th October 2009, 08:31
Big reaction to such a little comment.

Not a WG fan then, aye?

NinjaMaster
15th October 2009, 09:01
What Gardner said wasn't malicious, but it was typically ignorant. What's to be suspicious of? Stoner was obviously sick, physically ill and exhausted when he was riding and, whether it stemmed from a physical or mental problem, he clearly needed the break.

TheFamousEccles
15th October 2009, 10:29
Our Wayne - 1989 was 20 years ago. Time to move on, eh?

The Phantom
15th October 2009, 14:51
Big reaction to such a little comment.

Not a WG fan then, aye?

I actually have a lot of respect for Gardner. Little comment? did you read the article? He rabbits on like Schwantz, although he doesn't actually say anything worthwhile - like Schwantz. My point is, what the hell does he need to be fanning the flames for? Isn't it done and dusted, with Stoner back and in flying form? I'm certain it's just self-agrandisment in the lead-up to PI - gets his name out there, reminding people that he has a moto accessory business.

Mach24
16th October 2009, 03:49
I actually have a lot of respect for Gardner. Little comment? did you read the article? He rabbits on like Schwantz, although he doesn't actually say anything worthwhile - like Schwantz. My point is, what the hell does he need to be fanning the flames for? Isn't it done and dusted, with Stoner back and in flying form? I'm certain it's just self-agrandisment in the lead-up to PI - gets his name out there, reminding people that he has a moto accessory business.

No, didn't read the article, don't plan to.

Its MotoGP time in Australia, who are the media going to source for quotes... Mick or Wayne?

The Stoner illness is a big topic with no real answer. Its topical.

Wayne always spoke his mind and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

ShiftingGears
16th October 2009, 13:54
No, didn't read the article, don't plan to.

Its MotoGP time in Australia, who are the media going to source for quotes... Mick or Wayne?

The Stoner illness is a big topic with no real answer. Its topical.

Wayne always spoke his mind and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

That's how I see it also.

suzukimad07
16th October 2009, 20:56
Pair of Hasbeens, wer good in there day but a bygone age now, should be at home with a cat on thier lap

Roby44
1st November 2009, 04:28
Wayne has come out and said now thatHonda should be looking at getting Stoner on board to prop them up as Honda aren't doing too good these days..

Well Wayney Poo.. MY Dovi is doing just great thanks very much and Dani isn't sitting about filing his nails!!
Anyway I can't remember where I read that I think I was in the Supermarket and magazine browsing as one does!!

But then again did he really say all these things or have the media just picked bits and pieces of things he has said and made their own stories..