PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Grand Prix

Pages : [1] 2

Ranger
11th October 2009, 09:47
Lets get the ball rolling!

Timo Glock will be replaced by Kamui Kobayashi for the race and possibly for Abu Dhabi.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79383

Championship summary:

Jenson has a 14-point lead.

He will win the title at Sao Paulo if:

- He finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
- He finishes 4th or 5th and Barrichello does not win.
- He finishes 6th or 7th, Vettel does not win and Barrichello does not finish 1st or 2nd.
- He finishes 8th, Vettel does not finish in the top 2 and Barrichello doesn't finish in the top 3.
- He scores no points and Barrichello doesn't finish at least 4th.
- He scores no points and Vettel doesn't finish at least 2nd.

More than likely that this will be the 5th championship in a row decided at Brazil methinks.

F1boat
11th October 2009, 09:53
In my opinion if the Brawn GP works in Sao Paulu, Rubens will win it. If not, it wil be battle between Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel - the third one in a row...

jimakos
11th October 2009, 12:05
In my opinion if the Brawn GP works in Sao Paulu, Rubens will win it. If not, it wil be battle between Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel - the third one in a row...

Agree!!
But remember and Kimi!
He can make the surprise ;)

F1boat
11th October 2009, 13:44
Agree!!
But remember and Kimi!
He can make the surprise ;)

Yes, you are right. "Ferrari" are special in Brazil, at least in the last three years.

Steve2009
11th October 2009, 14:32
Im kind of half expecting that Vettel will have another engine blow out next weekend.
Interlagos has the soul of many engines as trophy ghosts that haunt that track from they years of going there.
Vettel will use the same block he used at Monza and Europe, he has 4 blocks left,
2 compromised blocks that are only for Fridays, and 2 blocks that are getting used like this:

Block #7: Spa, Singapore, Yas Island (Up to 1447.9km on it already)
Block #8: Monza, Interlagos (Up to 1333.8Km on it already)

Still too early for a definitive forecast (if there is such a thing)
However long range forecast is for cool weather and rain Fri, Sat, and Sun.
If this is true it lessens his chances of a detonation to some degree. IMVHO

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/extended/BRXX0232

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 14:32
Brawn's and Button's only aim at Interlagos is to clinch the championships and have a wild party afterward. Everything else is incidental for the team.

Fernando Alonso is driving like a man on a mission. He showed moral courage to stand up for Briatore and not abandon him like the rest of Flavio's f1 "friends".

He has shown he intends to leave the Renault team with the best results possible and the car has been achieiving in the hands of the Spaniard over the past two races.

And Fernando "the Schumacher killer" Alonso always goes well at Interlagos - while he has not won there yet he usually finishes on the podium.

There are SIX drivers that could just win this grand prix.

Josti
11th October 2009, 14:38
Fernando Alonso is driving like a man on a mission. He showed moral courage to stand up for Briatore and not abandon him like the rest of Flavio's f1 "friends".

He has shown he intends to leave the Renault team with the best results possible and the car has been achieiving in the hands of the Spaniard over the past two races.

And Fernando "the Schumacher killer" Alonso always goes well at Interlagos - while he has not won there yet he usually finishes on the podium.

You're in love with him aren't you.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 14:52
You're in love with him aren't you.

:rolleyes: C'mon guy!

Even in jest - why do you have to introduce something sordid in the purity of discussing a grand prix, in this case the Brazilian at Interlagos.

If you really have nothing to contribute discussing motor racing then rather say nothing at all.

Josti
11th October 2009, 15:00
:rolleyes: C'mon guy!

Even in jest - why do you have to introduce something sordid in the purity of discussing a grand prix, in this case the Brazilian at Interlagos.

If you really have nothing to contribute discussing motor racing then rather say nothing at all.

Why do you constintly refer to Schumacher's retirement when you're talking about Alonso, which is also totally out of context, let alone bs.

But fair enough, let's keep it on topic. Alonso will not win...

Steve2009
11th October 2009, 15:15
And Fernando "the Schumacher killer"
Now that's just plain not fair!
You mean to say that above all the work that Fred has to do;
assimilating the Ferrari processes, and procedures,
having to walk around on eggshells not to hurt anyone with the initial FM feelings,
and not being overbearing,
he also has to shove a cap up Mike's @$$ :confused: :s mokin:
That's asking a lot! Even for Fred.

Sonic
11th October 2009, 15:23
I for one hope this title is sorted at Brazil. Purely for selfish reasons - I'm gonna be in a plane 30,000 feet up when Abu Dhabi's lights go out.

I should think the Merc engines should offer the Brawns a decent chance to put this to bed.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 15:40
Why do you constintly refer to Schumacher's retirement when you're talking about Alonso, which is also totally out of context, let alone bs.

But fair enough, let's keep it on topic. Alonso will not win...

Schumacher is still part of f1, just not racing and he could have been. Alonso is the driver that beat Schumacher in 2005 and especially 2006 and tipped the German into retirement.

The Spaniard did what Schumacher achieved at Bennetton with Flavio - a double title.

Now he is the replacement for Schumacher in the drivers seat - and his teammate is Massa, the protege that will still have Schumacher in his pit during grands prix.

From 2010 Alonso will be seeking to win championships with Ferrari and his aim, is to beat Schumacher's records as he seeks to also end his career at the Scuderia.

Is Alonso a better driver than Schumacher - they are both one of the best.

Alonso races in an era where there are a handful of other drivers to beat - Schumacher had only one at a time.

But the significant difference, compared to Schumacher's era and makes it even more complex and difficult is that these days due to the control tyres, cars have become as mercurial as drivers - nobody knows what car is going to turn up and the days of boutiqueing tyres as Schumacher had and Alonso at Renault in 2005 and 06 are gone.

The most intriguing part of Alonso at Ferrari is watching just how he is going achieve beating Schumacher's records. If there is a driver with the ability and determination to do that it is Alonso.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 15:46
I for one hope this title is sorted at Brazil. Purely for selfish reasons - I'm gonna be in a plane 30,000 feet up when Abu Dhabi's lights go out.

I should think the Merc engines should offer the Brawns a decent chance to put this to bed.

Selfish reasons rather than sacrificial ones are noble.

:D I too hope for selfish reasons that the title battles are wrapped up in Brazil because I am a enduring supporter of Jenson - it still irks me that he could not participate at Monte Carlo in 2005 because I think he would have won and I was there!! - and also, Interlagos is one of the new traditional tracks in a beautiful nation and, it deserves the honor.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 15:53
Now that's just plain not fair!
You mean to say that above all the work that Fred has to do;
assimilating the Ferrari processes, and procedures,
having to walk around on eggshells not to hurt anyone with the initial FM feelings,
and not being overbearing,
he also has to shove a cap up Mike's @$$ :confused: :s mokin:
That's asking a lot! Even for Fred.

:D ahh! You put it so well! So why do I think "yes" he can?

Because he has a wonderful Latin temperement and in the proper environment channelled in a positive way - Ferrari not trying to undermine him as they have always done with Kimi - it will work in his favor as opposed to against, such as during the Dennis Mclaren days.

Y'know, at the end of 2007, it was already time for Dennis to have left because he was the central cause that Alonso failed to win the title.

And not that Kimi was an undeserving champion far from it - Mclaren owed him BIG TIME - but I think it would have been appropriate if Kimi had begun his title acceptance speech at the FIA dinner with: I would first like to thank Ron Dennis for making this moment possible, thanks Ron :D

N. Jones
11th October 2009, 16:38
Kobayashi replacing Glock is good in that he gets a chance to race in F1 but it doesn't matter to me either way unless he scores some points.

gloomyDAY
11th October 2009, 16:46
I had a really weird dream last night.

I dreamed that Vettel got sideways on the track and got slammed into by a Toro Rosso, then Webber came and hit the back of the TR, and eventually they picked up the two Brawns. It was really vivid, so vivid that I woke up to look and see if there had been any news on Autosport from the Red Bull camp.

Well, let's see if Red Bull keep their form from Japan and come out swinging in Brazil. I want Vettel to fight until the very last GP and have Webber redeem himself for his string of mishaps!

ioan
11th October 2009, 16:56
And Fernando "the Schumacher killer" Alonso always goes well at Interlagos ...

Like he did in 2003 eh?!
Stop daydreaming. :D

gloomyDAY
11th October 2009, 17:30
Like he did in 2003 eh?!
Stop daydreaming. :D Woah! Someone's happy.

Did you just come back from your honeymoon?

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 17:31
Like he did in 2003 eh?!

Brazil 2003?

Lets see: the race that the great Schumacher was OUTQUALIFIED by his temmate - Pole Position to Barrichello versus SEVENTH for the German Herman?

Then in the race, Alonso only in his 20th grand prix went from 10th to 3rd and Schumacher SPUN OFF! in his 182nd grand prix

:D what a dreadful performance by Fernando "the Schumacher killer" Alonso!!

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 17:37

I dreamed that Vettel got sideways on the track and got slammed into by a Toro Rosso, then Webber came and hit the back of the TR, and eventually they picked up the two Brawns. It was really vivid, so vivid that I woke up to look and see if there had been any news on Autosport from the Red Bull camp.

Well, let's see if Red Bull keep their form from Japan and come out swinging in Brazil. I want Vettel to fight until the very last GP and have Webber redeem himself for his string of mishaps!

Top drivers like Vettel do not have to be encouraged - its in their makeup to never give in. It is errors that have to be eliminated.

And again, top drivers make mistakes once, they rarely repeat them but learn from them.

Webber is not in the same league as Vettel. This is as good as it will ver get for him while Vettel will still progress and is definitely champion material.

If Vettel were to win the 2009 title it would be the most remarkable event in modern motor racing and even a Button supporter like myself would applaud such an incredible performance.

woody2goody
11th October 2009, 17:39
Like he did in 2003 eh?!

Alonso did go well in 2003. He crashed in the end but did finish on the podium.

I'm not saying this to slag off Michael, just pointing it out that Alonso was awesome regardless.

woody2goody
11th October 2009, 17:47
Anyway, Brazilian Grand Prix:

Incidentally, another Japanese driver, Nakajima, made his debut as a stand-in in 2007, and finished a very creditable 9th.

I agree that if the Brawn is working (which it should be), then Rubens will do very well. I think Jenson will finish on the podium like he did in 2006, probably with Mark Webber in 2nd.

It will be warm in Brazil most likely, so expect Brawn to go well.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 17:58
Anyway, Brazilian Grand Prix:

Incidentally, another Japanese driver, Nakajima, made his debut as a stand-in in 2007, and finished a very creditable 9th.

I agree that if the Brawn is working (which it should be), then Rubens will do very well. I think Jenson will finish on the podium like he did in 2006, probably with Mark Webber in 2nd.

It will be warm in Brazil most likely, so expect Brawn to go well.

The irony is that in his home country Rubens has never been regarded too highly - always in the shadow of Senna and has the nickname pedechanello - like a soft sandal foot.

Its not the way a driver starts but how he ends up that is important and Kubayashi does not even begin on the same level as the Naka family.

I think he will be the slowest by far qualifier and a moving chicane in the race. This formula 1 and he has not even demonstrated competence in GP2.

Josti
11th October 2009, 19:04
Schumacher is still part of f1, just not racing and he could have been. Alonso is the driver that beat Schumacher in 2005 and especially 2006 and tipped the German into retirement.

The Spaniard did what Schumacher achieved at Bennetton with Flavio - a double title.

Now he is the replacement for Schumacher in the drivers seat - and his teammate is Massa, the protege that will still have Schumacher in his pit during grands prix.

From 2010 Alonso will be seeking to win championships with Ferrari and his aim, is to beat Schumacher's records as he seeks to also end his career at the Scuderia.

Is Alonso a better driver than Schumacher - they are both one of the best.

Alonso races in an era where there are a handful of other drivers to beat - Schumacher had only one at a time.

But the significant difference, compared to Schumacher's era and makes it even more complex and difficult is that these days due to the control tyres, cars have become as mercurial as drivers - nobody knows what car is going to turn up and the days of boutiqueing tyres as Schumacher had and Alonso at Renault in 2005 and 06 are gone.

The most intriguing part of Alonso at Ferrari is watching just how he is going achieve beating Schumacher's records. If there is a driver with the ability and determination to do that it is Alonso.

That's a nice parralel, and on occasion I agree. Alonso is arguably the best driver in the current field (so don't get me wrong) and with Ferrari he could aim for a championship or two, however I doubt he'll beat Schumacher's records. I've never heared him saying that either.

You're actually contradicting yourself by saying that Schumacher raced in an era where it was possible to get that many records, while you also say that it's impossible at nowadays F1. So how is Alonso is going to achieve this?

But actually, I only said that it's not fair to say Schumacher retired because of Alonso (which you constintly imply). Maybe he retired because he was in F1 for a long time, was a 7-time WDC and of course broke about every record he could. Other than that, he was still very much fighting for the championship when he announced retirement (after winning the Italian GP). He could have continued, surely, but maybe he had seen enough.

But back on-topic, I'm hoping for a Barrichello win. He deserves a win at his home race after all those years. :)

Sonic
11th October 2009, 19:22
I think he will be the slowest by far qualifier and a moving chicane in the race. This formula 1 and he has not even demonstrated competence in GP2.

Gonna jump right in there and defend Kamui. He's had a tough year in GP2 this year no doubt but writting him off before turning a wheel in anger is a bit tough on the kid. He's the current GP2 Asia champion so he's hardly a donkey.

I do agree with you that he has little chance of doing anything else than making up the numbers at Brazil, but lets give him some time to mature before we start slagging the kid of.

GO KAMUI!!! :D

ioan
11th October 2009, 19:31
Alonso did go well in 2003. He crashed in the end but did finish on the podium.

Right, he crashed off like an idiot, while ignoring double waved yellows.

What a great drive. :rolleyes:

Sonic
11th October 2009, 19:37

Welcome back Ioan!

ioan
11th October 2009, 19:38
Welcome back Ioan!

I really hope you didn't miss me! :D

Sonic
11th October 2009, 19:52
I really hope you didn't miss me! :D

Maybe. Not saying ;)

woody2goody
11th October 2009, 20:11
Gonna jump right in there and defend Kamui. He's had a tough year in GP2 this year no doubt but writting him off before turning a wheel in anger is a bit tough on the kid. He's the current GP2 Asia champion so he's hardly a donkey.

I do agree with you that he has little chance of doing anything else than making up the numbers at Brazil, but lets give him some time to mature before we start slagging the kid of.

Agreed. He did well in practice in Japan.

He won't score any points in the race, but he won't disgrace himself. A good driver no doubt.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 20:15
That's a nice parralel, and on occasion I agree. Alonso is arguably the best driver in the current field (so don't get me wrong) and with Ferrari he could aim for a championship or two, however I doubt he'll beat Schumacher's records. I've never heared him saying that either.

You're actually contradicting yourself by saying that Schumacher raced in an era where it was possible to get that many records, while you also say that it's impossible at nowadays F1. So how is Alonso is going to achieve this?

But actually, I only said that it's not fair to say Schumacher retired because of Alonso (which you constintly imply). Maybe he retired because he was in F1 for a long time, was a 7-time WDC and of course broke about every record he could. Other than that, he was still very much fighting for the championship when he announced retirement (after winning the Italian GP). He could have continued, surely, but maybe he had seen enough.

But back on-topic, I'm hoping for a Barrichello win. He deserves a win at his home race after all those years. :)

If you reread you wil see I said it was more difficult and complex, not impossible.

I said Alonso tipped Schumacher into retirement - he was not the reason but contributed significantly. Schumacher then used the signing of Raikkonen and what would have been the dumping of Massa as his reason.

If Schumacher had not been whacked out by having to battle Alonso and losing he may have stayed.

It is no disgrace and I do not mean it that way. It just is.

Fangio retired months after winning the 1957 German Grand Prix took everything out of him.

It happens. Alonso was the new generation and one day if he stays around long enough it will happen to him.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 20:18

:D I was being tolerant - I didn't say he should have his superlicence revoked - yet!

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 20:25

He was in his 20th grand prix and was classified THIRD, while the reigning world champion, significantly outqualified by his teammate Barrichello and, in his 182nd grand prix spun off - not being able to handle the wet conditions.

Clearly the facts and reality have no importance with you despite that Schumacher said at the end that he was disappointed in himself. And well he should have been.

Schumacher never made excuses and I am sure he would not want a supporter to either.

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 20:37
Agreed. He did well in practice in Japan.

He won't score any points in the race, but he won't disgrace himself. A good driver no doubt.

The ONLY reason he will be drivingthe Toyota is nationality. His GP2 teammate has scored more than twice the points and he finished down in 16th position again in his second year 2009, no improvement at all.

This is not a driver that should be rewarded with an f1 ride. I just hope he does not cause problems for the real f1 drivers.

Sonic
11th October 2009, 20:48
The ONLY reason he will be drivingthe Toyota is nationality. His GP2 teammate has scored more than twice the points and he finished down in 16th position again in his second year 2009, no improvement at all.

This is not a driver that should be rewarded with an f1 ride. I just hope he does not cause problems for the real f1 drivers.

Far too black and white St.D

That team mate was the same one Kobayashi beat to the GP2 Asia championship. :rolleyes:

ioan
11th October 2009, 21:34
He was in his 20th grand prix ...

That doesn't excuses what he did, a d***head move that ended the. He shouldn't have been qualified at the end of the race given what he did, he should have got a race ban.

ioan
11th October 2009, 21:35

I bet his B&W world is very boring now that Flabio has been kicked out! :D

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 21:43

That team mate was the same one Kobayashi beat to the GP2 Asia championship. :rolleyes:

Clearly the GP2 European series is taken more seriously than the Asia warm-up.

Kubayashi is welcome to prove me wrong on Saturday and Sunday!

gloomyDAY
11th October 2009, 21:58
Damn, you guys really know how to destroy a thread.

:vader:

Saint Devote
11th October 2009, 22:08

How?
Kubayashi is the latest news as he is replacing Glock at Interlagos and discussing how he might perform is pertinent.

Everyone see that Jean Sage passed away?

ioan
11th October 2009, 22:32
Everyone see that Jean Sage passed away?

Yep. Saw that sad news.

Sonic
12th October 2009, 09:17
Clearly the GP2 European series is taken more seriously than the Asia warm-up.

Kubayashi is welcome to prove me wrong on Saturday and Sunday!

With respect St.D perhaps as this lad is Asian he takes the Asia series very seriously! He certainly has a better pedigree in the lower formula compared to say Naka.

ps I note you defended Jamie on another thread, (who has hardly set the world on fire) perhaps you could hold judgement until after Brazil?

Knock-on
12th October 2009, 09:35
Looking forward to Brazil. Always an interesting race and one that Weather often influences.

I need to find a Bar in San Miguel to watch the race as I'm in Spain on Sunday. Sure I can put my feet up somewhere and crack open a brew or 2 :)

harsha
12th October 2009, 10:57
Looking forward to Brazil. Always an interesting race and one that Weather often influences.

I need to find a Bar in San Miguel to watch the race as I'm in Spain on Sunday. Sure I can put my feet up somewhere and crack open a brew or 2 :)

hopefully,you won't have to put up with too many Alonso supporters there :cheese:

Knock-on
12th October 2009, 12:00
hopefully,you won't have to put up with too many Alonso supporters there :cheese:

:D

ArrowsFA1
12th October 2009, 12:57
Given Ruby's "bla bla bla" comments earlier in the season I wonder if the FIA will place an official in the Brawn garage at this Brazilian GP :p

jens
13th October 2009, 02:15
Hmmm... Compared to Suzuka Interlagos consists of more medium-speed than high-speed corners, hence I'd guess that McLaren would be stronger here and potentially main contender for the race win together with Red Bull. Toyota could be fast enough for podium contention as well. Brawns and BMW's strongly in the points. Ferrari, Renault, Williams and Force India (each with only one competitive driver :p :) could be challenging for minor points.

And Kobayashi will unfortunately qualify nowhere higher than P20. Considering how difficult it has been for rookies to join F1 without any testing this year + taking into account his hopeless GP2 performances this is really the only result I can foresee for Kamui.

Steve2009
13th October 2009, 05:09
Given Ruby's "bla bla bla" comments earlier in the season I wonder if the FIA will place an official in the Brawn garage at this Brazilian GP :p ...... :rolleyes: ...... :rolleyes: ....... :rolleyes: ....... :s mokin:

aryan
13th October 2009, 07:21

The trick is to have a certain new poster in your ignore list. You'll be surprised how easily the thread is restored! :p

Roamy
13th October 2009, 07:27
All I can say is
Button stand up or stand down !!

Garry Walker
13th October 2009, 09:01

Yeah, unless he crashes into a stationary car, like an idiot.

because I am a enduring supporter of Jenson - it still irks me that he could not participate at Monte Carlo in 2005 because I think he would have won
:rotflmao:
Against Kimi and McLaren that day? Yeah, right.

You are forgetting. Alonso has never had a less than a great drive in his career so far.
There are reasons, not excuses, but reasons why he doesnt win every race by 20 seconds.

Saint Devote
13th October 2009, 10:48
You are forgetting. Alonso has never had a less than a great drive in his career so far.[/quote]

Heard of Minardi?

SGWilko
13th October 2009, 11:15
Heard of Minardi?

......where he regularly punched above the cars limitations?

Steve2009
13th October 2009, 15:37
jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjh jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjh jhjhjhjh

ioan
13th October 2009, 15:56
You are forgetting. Alonso has never had a less than a great drive in his career so far.
There are reasons, not excuses, but reasons why he doesnt win every race by 20 seconds.

Excellent! :D

Hondo
13th October 2009, 17:02
Fisi and Button will take each other out, no points for either. Hamilton will win with Kimi in second. Vettel will take third. Rubens will finish fourth although he probably could have taken third from Vettel he will play it safe and hope his luck holds for one more race.

Sleeper
13th October 2009, 23:29
Brawns results will depend on how well they go in qualifying, they've had bad sessions in the last few races that have left them playing catch up in the race. If qualy goes OK for them then I expect both titles will be wrapped up in Interlagos.

Roamy
14th October 2009, 00:16
well seeing how lap dog rb won't help button then i suspect hamilton will by winning the race.

Saint Devote
14th October 2009, 00:46
......where he regularly punched above the cars limitations?

The post declared that Alonso never had anything but a good car - well, he drove a Minardi so the poster is incorrect.

Before Alonso kicked Schumacher's ass he drove a Minardi. They both won championships in their fourth and fifth year and Schumacher retired when he was whipped in 2006 by the Spaniard.

Saint Devote
14th October 2009, 00:53
well seeing how lap dog rb won't help button then i suspect hamilton will by winning the race.

Whats the matter with you referring to Rubens as a "lap dog"?

Insulting Rubens - there are too many people that post here who are very brave at throwing insults sitting anonymously behind a computer - is tasteless.

How do you know that Barrichello would not assist in Jenson clinching the title on Sunday if he could not win it the following race??

Garry Walker
14th October 2009, 09:03
The post declared that Alonso never had anything but a good car - well, he drove a Minardi so the poster is incorrect.

No, actually I said in a sarcastic way that Alonso has always driven in a great way, this was to make fun of Alonso-fanatics. Unsurprisingly, you missed the sarcasm.

Before Alonso kicked Schumacher's ass he drove a Minardi. They both won championships in their fourth and fifth year and Schumacher retired when he was whipped in 2006 by the Spaniard.
Yeah, thats right :rotflmao: Excellent argumentation. I guess being 37 years old, having achieved everything multiple times and having injury concerns had nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

Schumacher was so scared of Alonso that he retired, after what Alonso got promptly beaten by a rookie :rotflmao:

Actually, Schumacher won his titles in his 3rd and 4th full seasons, something Princess Alonso did not manage.

Hondo
14th October 2009, 09:25
You can bet Brawn will have Rubens sign off with approval if any car changes are made or not made Saturday. I can see it happening...at the end of Saturday the engineers think it may be possible a gearbox problem is developing. If they send him out to race on that gearbox and it blows, Rubens will scream to the world how the team sabotaged him by sending him out with a suspect gearbox. If they swap the gearbox and and Rubens doesn't win he will scream the team sabotaged him with an unnecessary gearbox change that cost him positions on the starting grid.

Saint Devote
14th October 2009, 10:38
No, actually I said in a sarcastic way that Alonso has always driven in a great way, this was to make fun of Alonso-fanatics. Unsurprisingly, you missed the sarcasm.

Yeah, thats right :rotflmao: Excellent argumentation. I guess being 37 years old, having achieved everything multiple times and having injury concerns had nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

Schumacher was so scared of Alonso that he retired, after what Alonso got promptly beaten by a rookie :rotflmao:

Actually, Schumacher won his titles in his 3rd and 4th full seasons, something Princess Alonso did not manage.

Well if you want to split hairs nerdy-like then do so - Schumacher never had to drive a Minardi for a full season.

Point is Alonso to date has achieved the same as Schumacher - two titles and then whipped Schumacher's arse in 2006 upon which, he retired using Massa as a "selfless" reason. Schumacher throwing himself on a sword for someone in racing - yeah right!

This year he made a song and dance about his returning - got into a car, saw he did not have it any more and then "necked" out. Alain Prost explains this process very well.

Competing against the best in 2009 did not look that attractive after all.

pino
14th October 2009, 11:41
Please let's keep Schumacher off here thank you !

keysersoze
14th October 2009, 14:48

Won't happen--no way a Toro Rosso dices with two Red Bulls and two Brawns! Unless, of course, it's being lapped. :D

keysersoze
14th October 2009, 14:52
Brazil 2003?

Lets see: the race that the great Schumacher was OUTQUALIFIED by his temmate - Pole Position to Barrichello versus SEVENTH for the German Herman?

Then in the race, Alonso only in his 20th grand prix went from 10th to 3rd and Schumacher SPUN OFF! in his 182nd grand prix

:D what a dreadful performance by Fernando "the Schumacher killer" Alonso!!

Oh dear. Someone remind me . . . who won that race? It was raining sideways that day . . . it wasn't Schumacher . . . it wasn't Kimi . . . it wasn't Alsonso (he was busy bringing out the red flag) but it HAD to be a driver with considerable skill . . . Button maybe? No, it wasn't him, either . . . who WAS that guy? :cool:

CaptainRaiden
14th October 2009, 17:58
Ahem, well ignoring all the dogfights, I just hope Rubens finally wins the Brazilian Grand Prix. Too many near misses or mishaps, I think he now has the perfect car and perfect time to do it.

ioan
14th October 2009, 17:59
...there are too many people that post here who are very brave at throwing insults sitting anonymously behind a computer - is tasteless.

You being one of them. :\

Saint Devote
15th October 2009, 00:09
Ahem, well ignoring all the dogfights, I just hope Rubens finally wins the Brazilian Grand Prix. Too many near misses or mishaps, I think he now has the perfect car and perfect time to do it.

Impossible to predict but his teammate Jenson will be happy with THIRD and to let Rubens win the race.

All the Brazilians that have won grands prix have won the Brazilian Grand Prix and I am sure Barrichello will realize that as you say effectively this is probably his last best chance.

Steve2009
15th October 2009, 04:00
Impossible to predict but his teammate Jenson will be happy with THIRD and to let Rubens win the race.

All the Brazilians that have won grands prix have won the Brazilian Grand Prix and I am sure Barrichello will realize that as you say effectively this is probably his last best chance.http://weather.yahoo.com/Sao-Paulo-Brazil/BRXX0232/forecast.html
Looks like a wet weekend may make it interesting. Fuel strategy will probably be a crapshoot (other than Redbull looking to take the pole). That Driving in cool clean air may keep his lump from detonating.
Button (The baby Harp Seal killer) may have a very eventful race.
If the quali is wet we may end up with a very interesting starting grid! :s mokin:

azri
15th October 2009, 09:04
I'll go with a Hamilton win!

harsha
15th October 2009, 09:40
http://weather.yahoo.com/Sao-Paulo-Brazil/BRXX0232/forecast.html
Looks like a wet weekend may make it interesting. Fuel strategy will probably be a crapshoot (other than Redbull looking to take the pole). That Driving in cool clean air may keep his lump from detonating.
Button (The baby Harp Seal killer) may have a very eventful race.
If the quali is wet we may end up with a very interesting starting grid! :s mokin:

not about your post as such...but can you modify your signature so as to not load the youtube video....thanks

Saint Devote
15th October 2009, 10:57
I see Massa is acting up like real bleating bitch - accusing Alonso of knowing that a "fix was in".

Since his knock on the head it appears that he beleives it has given him licence to target and smear people in f1 in addition to his claim that he would have beaten Lewis for the title if not for Piquet's Corner.

Now he can believe whatever makes him happy - but exactly what is this Brazilian Umpah Lumpah trying to achieve?

Dear old Luca is certainly not going to relax and enjoy his morning coffee but ought to fly down to Interlagos and quickly tell Felipe that he is in the Ferrari team because the Spaniard is not a driver that takes kindly to competitive teammates.

Massa is not going to win a political fight with Alonso because Fred! is apolitical animal with two world titles and Ferrari do not want a Dennis Mclaren situation.

Maybe Alonso should be like AJ or Jonesy boy or Jody and "speak" to Massa ending this crap with a good left or right to the jaw!

Garry Walker
15th October 2009, 11:03
Please let's keep Schumacher off here thank you !

Then please kindly also delete the insulting remarks saint devote made regarding him as well.

Dear old Luca is certainly not going to relax and enjoy his morning coffee but ought to fly down to Interlagos and quickly tell Felipe that he is in the Ferrari team because the Spaniard is not a driver that takes kindly to competitive teammates.Yeah, Alonso hates competitive teammates. That is why he will hate next year.

Maybe Alonso should be like AJ or Jonesy boy or Jody and "speak" to Massa ending this crap with a good left or right to the jaw! Yeah, it would be fun seeing Alonso hitting Massa like a girl and then Massa knocking the spanish turd over with a good right hook.

Steve2009
15th October 2009, 11:39
I see Massa is acting up like real bleating bitch - accusing Alonso of knowing that a "fix was in".

Since his knock on the head it appears that he beleives it has given him licence to target and smear people in f1 in addition to his claim that he would have beaten Lewis for the title if not for Piquet's Corner.

Now he can believe whatever makes him happy - but exactly what is this Brazilian Umpah Lumpah trying to achieve?

Dear old Luca is certainly not going to relax and enjoy his morning coffee but ought to fly down to Interlagos and quickly tell Felipe that he is in the Ferrari team because the Spaniard is not a driver that takes kindly to competitive teammates.

Massa is not going to win a political fight with Alonso because Fred! is apolitical animal with two world titles and Ferrari do not want a Dennis Mclaren situation.

Maybe Alonso should be like AJ or Jonesy boy or Jody and "speak" to Massa ending this crap with a good left or right to the jaw!
Yesterdays news Bro

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/f1/massa-clarifies-alonso-comments/GpNewsForm-en-default-19-10-0-38075-1.html
What I've said is the outcome of a hunch I've had and is not based on any concrete evidence,” Felipe said. “The FIA World Council announced that there was no indication that Fernando may have been informed of what had happened and I respect this outcome. Obviously I'm very disappointed about what transpired last year in Singapore: I have already said several times what I thought about it and now it's time to close that chapter and to look to the future. What is certain is that this episode will not mar in any way the relationship I'll have with Fernando when we will be teammates.”

I'm really wish you would stop acting like such a whiny Jew!

I am evil Homer
15th October 2009, 11:58
Thanks...been a while since I reported a post. "whiny jew"...get a grip you tosser.

Steve2009
15th October 2009, 12:31
Thanks...been a while since I reported a post. "whiny jew"...get a grip you tosser.Just telling it like it is you little pussy!
After over 4,000 post I found an idiot that has turned this forum into a piece of $h!+

See ya

BTW

vjlE08MqeqE

and :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

QqZmtq5LhFo&feature=player_embedded

Ba Bye :)

henners88
15th October 2009, 13:01
No need for this type of language, lets try and keep a level of maturity amongst ourselves.. Just a thought.. :rolleyes:

Saint Devote
16th October 2009, 00:22
Then please kindly also delete the insulting remarks saint devote made regarding him as well.

Yeah, Alonso hates competitive teammates. That is why he will hate next year.

Yeah, it would be fun seeing Alonso hitting Massa like a girl and then Massa knocking the spanish turd over with a good right hook.

I think it rather hypocritical of you to be indignant over my opinion and then immediately call Alonso merde....

If it was not so rude it would actually be droll!

Anyway - if you read the post I did not imply that Alonso or the Brazilian midget would fight each other - most grand prix drivers these days are very precious.

Saint Devote
16th October 2009, 00:46
:D Rising excitment amongst Jenson fans as we gear ourselves for a day that we knew could happen, knew Jenson was world champion material for years but in the cold winter of 2008-9 never imagined would EVER happen.

That day could be as close as Sunday as Jenson becomes the proud 2009 world champion racing driver!!!!

Jenson has always been so kewl towards his loyal fans and as we enjoy this time with him, we would also like to thank him for being such a fine example of great sportsman.

We await the chequered flag at Interlagos. Go Jenson!!! :D :D

Saint Devote
16th October 2009, 02:20
With Fisichella still doing no better than Badoer albeit the double standards so prevalent in the world today pretending not to notice and none of the career assasination that Badoer on reflection accurately referred to, will he do any better at a circuit in which he won in 2003 but only after Barrichello ran out of fuel?

Fisichella does not have confidence in the Ferrari - he has said so often enough. The question then automatically becomes - what about courage? Fisichella does not have "big ones"" does he then?

Ferrari should replace the rigid nervous Italian and why not give another de facto Ferrari driver - Torro Rosso - Sebastien Bourdais the job in the last two races?

He has nothing to lose and look at his performance at Le Mans and in the CART series. He does not lack courage.

But Ferrari is not the team of Enzo anymore. It is a conservative corporate team that depended entirely on Schumacher and came to despise the free-spirited Raikkonen and love the obedient good little boys like Massa who demonstrate an inability to cope if not loved by the team. Ferrari like that.

That is why they cling to Fisichella instead of being brave and replacing him in the land of sportsmen like Pele and Senna. How ironic.

pino
16th October 2009, 07:35
I think it rather hypocritical of you to be indignant over my opinion and then immediately call Alonso merde....

If it was not so rude it would actually be droll!

Anyway - if you read the post I did not imply that Alonso or the Brazilian midget would fight each other - most grand prix drivers these days are very precious.

Let's move on thank you !

F1boat
16th October 2009, 13:10
Something interesting -Alonso said that wet race may benefit Jenson as he is good in the wet. I can see what he means - a wet race may hurt the KERS cars and while Vettel will surely win it, Jenson will need then P5, which is achievable, as he is decent in the rain /his first win in Hungary, Malaysia, 3rd in China, etc/

ShiftingGears
16th October 2009, 13:52
Something interesting -Alonso said that wet race may benefit Jenson as he is good in the wet. I can see what he means - a wet race may hurt the KERS cars and while Vettel will surely win it,

Like he would surely win the Malaysian Grand Prix?

However, I think the Red Bulls will be a real threat in the race if it is wet.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 14:05
Like he would surely win the Malaysian Grand Prix?

However, I think the Red Bulls will be a real threat in the race if it is wet.

And I believe that Red Bull can threaten Button as far as the end... ;)

F1boat
16th October 2009, 14:07
It depens on Button. If he enters Top 5, what Red Bull does is irrelevant.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 14:14
It depens on Button. If he enters Top 5, what Red Bull does is irrelevant.

That's right!
I'm afraid that Button will take a lot of risks and I have a feeling that he won't be in top 8 in this event :s mash:

AndyL
16th October 2009, 14:53
No action on track showing on the live timing at the mo, has it started raining?

After half the first session, early indications are good for both Red Bulls, both Brawns and Hamilton. Then Buemi is currently 6th, which I guess demonstrates something about how much we can conclude from P1 times ;)

jimakos
16th October 2009, 15:03
No action on track showing on the live timing at the mo, has it started raining?

After half the first session, early indications are good for both Red Bulls, both Brawns and Hamilton. Then Buemi is currently 6th, which I guess demonstrates something about how much we can conclude from P1 times ;)

What about Ferrari??

I am evil Homer
16th October 2009, 15:18
You mean Kimi? Because really there may as well only be one Ferrari since Massa's crash.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 15:23
You mean Kimi? Because really there may as well only be one Ferrari since Massa's crash.

:p
Yes I mean mainly Kimi!!
But I'm also interested for Ferrari so and Fisi is in my question :)

AndyL
16th October 2009, 15:26
With 5 minutes to go Kimi is 10th. Fisi 14th.
Grosjean has been off and caused a red flag, looks like he's running again now. Buemi has also crashed.

jimakos
16th October 2009, 15:30
With 5 minutes to go Kimi is 10th. Fisi 14th.
Grosjean has been off and caused a red flag, looks like he's running again now. Buemi has also crashed.

Bad news for Kimi!!!

I am evil Homer
16th October 2009, 15:49
Looks like it will be Brawn, RBR and Hamilton battling for the pole on current form.

AndyL
16th October 2009, 18:36
Looking at the live timing I see Button at the top of the timesheets right now, which is unusual because Brawn usually run quite heavy fuel in free practice.
How about this as a strategy for Button this weekend: forget the heavy fuel runs, focus mostly on getting a good low-fuel set-up, then run quite low fuel in final qualy to secure a front row place. His race would be compromised by having to stop early, but he could avoid any mid-pack trouble off the start, and perhaps get well enough ahead of the bulk of the field that he doesn't lose too many places to other front-runners when he stops. If they are aiming for nothing more than a solid points finish to close out the title, I think that could be the lowest-risk way to do it. Good/bad idea? Would Brawn do it?

Sonic
16th October 2009, 20:29
Go Kobay!!!!! :D

F1boat
17th October 2009, 06:54
Looking at the live timing I see Button at the top of the timesheets right now, which is unusual because Brawn usually run quite heavy fuel in free practice.
How about this as a strategy for Button this weekend: forget the heavy fuel runs, focus mostly on getting a good low-fuel set-up, then run quite low fuel in final qualy to secure a front row place. His race would be compromised by having to stop early, but he could avoid any mid-pack trouble off the start, and perhaps get well enough ahead of the bulk of the field that he doesn't lose too many places to other front-runners when he stops. If they are aiming for nothing more than a solid points finish to close out the title, I think that could be the lowest-risk way to do it. Good/bad idea? Would Brawn do it?

From what I heard Jenson struggles with qualy setup, while Rubens is happy with it. I think that the top 4 for the qualy will be Vettel, Barrichello, Webber and Hamilton and if Jenson is P5, good for him. For the race no idea, but likely Red Bull will get 1-2, and I think that Jenson can beat Rubens and Lewis. If it is wet it is a lottery and depends on what kind of wet - if it is constant rain, Red Bull will dominate even more, if it is changing conditions Ross might do something special.

christophulus
17th October 2009, 16:10
FP3 was a complete washout, big crash from Grosjean getting sideways exiting turn 5. 15 minutes of wet running.. quali should be very interesting if the weather stays like this!

harsha
17th October 2009, 16:12
is there a chance of the qualifying getting called off if the medical helicopter can't take off :?:

Sonic
17th October 2009, 16:19
WOAH!!! Now thats a slippery track.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 17:57
this could be a tricky qually, although at least the conditions will be S***e and really difficult for everyone

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:00
why is there an owl standing in the rain, in daylight, at the edge of an F1 circuit?!

harsha
17th October 2009, 18:04
might play into Vettel's hands....but then again,Button and Barichello are decent wet racers as well

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:06
why no live chat?

its too wet out there - looks impossible

harsha
17th October 2009, 18:08
hey has the qualifying stopped :?:

UltimateDanGTR
17th October 2009, 18:09
spin spin fisi.

looks horrible out there, rather them than me! looks chaotic and who knows by the end of this we might as well draw grid positions out of a hat!

ridicluous amounts of water being shown as i speak. one must feel this is gonna be interesting......

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:11
i think it could be a bit of a lottery, just hope the conditions don't screw up the chances for any of the championship rivals

harsha
17th October 2009, 18:12
what happens if the qualifying session is called off????

any rule book experts???...or the present positions will be fine...will def reverse the grid order then...should be a cracker of a race

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:12
"Q1 will not continue until the weather improves"

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:17
Toyota drivers have heated visors - brilliant!

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:19
and we're off again

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:21
its looking dryer - Hamilton 4 seconds faster in 1st sector

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:24
Rosberg seriously quick in the wet too, Williams looks good

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:34
Hamilton out in Q1, he won't be helping Button by winning the race now

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:35
Vettel out too - Red Bull boobed by setting up the car for the dry - unless they are seriously quick in teh dry tomorrow

harsha
17th October 2009, 18:38
vettel effectively out of the championship then

Robinho
17th October 2009, 18:42
unless they are perfect in the dry and it stays dry and are able to race to the front - it is possible to overtake cars here, and if the others are on an intermediate set up they might be easier to overtake, but will they be able to get past people that well? if they have high downforce and red bull have high top speed they will monster people on the pit straight and cruise to the front, or they could be completley stuck behind slower cars

F1boat
17th October 2009, 18:51
Well, they may overtake people, but I think that it won't be very easy to win in Sunday. I remember that in 2007 even Lewis struggled to advance enough and in that season only McLaren and Ferrari won races. And his engine is not powerful enough and yesterday all driver were within one second. So I doubt that they will monster people. They may advance, but will need some luck to win the race.

ioan
17th October 2009, 18:55
Nanny state F1. :\

ioan
17th October 2009, 18:57
So there they go again in 1 minute.

dano9988
17th October 2009, 19:00
vettel effectively out of the championship then

Assuming Button does not qualify poorly. Easy for anyone to slide off in these conditions.

dano9988
17th October 2009, 19:01
Liuzzi crashes badly!

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:01
I bet Force India mechanics will be happy not to sleep tonight! :D

Dave B
17th October 2009, 19:02
Says the person who a few weeks ago wanted all risk eliminated from the sport, no matter how unrealistic that might be.

Make your damn mind up.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:04

Nanny State? after all your ranting about there being no compromise on safety?! and what happens - first lap out cars are spinning and one has a massive crash on the straight - good call mate! ;)

Daniel
17th October 2009, 19:05
Yeah nanny state F1 lol. Come on Ioan get your foot out of your mouth.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:07
apparently brightening up a bit, hope we get a slightly wet time for the cars to get out there

F1boat
17th October 2009, 19:08
Assuming Button does not qualify poorly. Easy for anyone to slide off in these conditions.

Button does not need win or second to stay in the game.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:08
Mr Forthright Webber there -

"anything we should be passing on to Charlie Whiting?"

"Yeah, tell him to put his glasses on"

love it

dano9988
17th October 2009, 19:10
Button does not need win or second to stay in the game.

You are right, I did not consider that.

F1boat
17th October 2009, 19:10
IMO they should stop the session, it is now ridiculous. We have Q1 times.

Daniel
17th October 2009, 19:11
Looks driveable now and clearing up. Send em out now I say.

dano9988
17th October 2009, 19:11
Looks pretty decent now on tv. A fair bit of standing water but not raining heavily.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:13
when it stops raining it seems to be driveable pretty quickly, would like to see the Med Car drifting a bit more, just for the fans who are out there standing in the wet

christophulus
17th October 2009, 19:18
So what happens now if the rain doesn't let up? Do they use the Q1 times? When's the cut-off point for a restart?

On the plus side, BBC has delayed Strictly Come Dancing so we can listen to Eddie Jordan's opinions for a bit longer :s

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:19
Says the person who a few weeks ago wanted all risk eliminated from the sport, no matter how unrealistic that might be.

Make your damn mind up.

Take a look at the in' track, the medical car was barely leaving spray behind and they are waiting for better weather?! :rolleyes:

I'm all for making the cars as safe as possible, but not being able to drive in the wet is laughable when you think about how they drove 10 years ago in much worse conditions. In the end it's up to the driver to go as close to the limit as possible without killing himself.
I stand by my point of making the cars as safe as possible but not for making F1 an only dry weather competition.

What about declaring Rosberg the winner of the race given that tomorrow will probably rain again :?:

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:20
Looks driveable now and clearing up. Send em out now I say.

Are you kidding? They sent them out when it was raining heavier than now, logic says Charlie will not do it now. :\

Daniel
17th October 2009, 19:20
Ioan. Remember what I said about the whole foot and mouth thing.....

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:25
yeah, the medical cars massive wings and huge wet weather tyres were hardly raising any spray?! oh no, the Merc is 3 times as heavy, with much thinner tyres and no aero.

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:26
At least we will see the medical car drive around again in 5 minutes, it certainly sounds good. :rotflmao:

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:28
yeah, the medical cars massive wings and huge wet weather tyres were hardly raising any spray?! oh no, the Merc is 3 times as heavy, with much thinner tyres and no aero.

:eek: Since when do you need a wing to raise water?! :laugh:

And just for your info the tires of that medical car are not that small as you are trying to paint them.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:28
Driving in the Wet = Good, entertaining, exciting

Aquaplaning on the Straights = not good, dangerous.

simple formula Ioan

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:31
Driving in the Wet = Good, entertaining, exciting

Aquaplaning on the Straights = not good, dangerous.

simple formula Ioan

Keeping the speed to a safe level because they've got a brain should be part of your equation too.
Also having a sensible rear side to feel the car should be needed for a F1 racer, not anymore apparently.

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:33
Now that it looks a bit more wet than 15 minutes ago they will probably restart the qualifying.

jens
17th October 2009, 19:34
What a weird session and even weirder rankings. Another proof that in the wet setups counts more than those so-called driver skills, which especially in slippery conditions get often hyped up to mythical levels.

ioan
17th October 2009, 19:37
Aren't they funny?
When the track is wetter they send out the F1 cars, when it's drier they send out the medical car. I bet AMG are more than happy with this!

The TV station gave up here, I'll get to see Super Nanny now, probably better entertainment than this qualy session! :D

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:39
:eek: Since when do you need a wing to raise water?! :laugh:

And just for your info the tires of that medical car are not that small as you are trying to paint them.

seriously? you are serious yeah?

The med car going about half the speed of the F1 cars will of course raise a little water from its, what, 255 and 285mm width tyres, which are of course enclosed, unlike an open wheeler F1 car.

F1 cars with their uncovered 380mm or so tyres raise something like 60 litres of water a second, and the massive aero wake disperses this high behind the cars. if you think that the Medical car will raise anything like the spray that a formula 1 car will from the same surface then all your posturing that you watch F1 for the technical aspects seems ridiculous as you clearly don't understand what you are watching.

when the cars are driving behind the safety car the level of spray is relatively low, and as soon as they are released you get "rooster tails" and a complete fog behind the cars.

just look at the lap times they did at the start of the session, compared to those at the end of Q1, they were 10-15 secs slower, yet straight after Fisi's spin the medical car was not raising much spray so conditions must have been the same right?

F1boat
17th October 2009, 19:40
This is extremely stupid. I am bored. They should stop the qualy, it is dangerous and the grid is interesting. :)

Daniel
17th October 2009, 19:44
F1boat you'll excuse me if I find your name a bit funny today :p

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:44
Keeping the speed to a safe level because they've got a brain should be part of your equation too.
Also having a sensible rear side to feel the car should be needed for a F1 racer, not anymore apparently.

right, so the drivers are supposed to slow down to a speed that means the car won't aquaplane weather they can see it or not, when conditions are different one lap to the next with the standing water? racing drivers, competing to set the best time expected to slow down to a "safe" speed. what is the safe speed? the drivers who are lucky to miss the standing water will have a different "safe speed" than those who hit it?

have you ever aquaplaned in any car before - you have no control.

when the cars are tip toeing round ten seconds off the previous wet weather pace and still aquaplaning off the track on the straights it might be too wet to control the cars at any speed.

i love watching the cars in the wet, i think it really shows up a different skill, but there comes a point where it becomes a lottery and is plain dangerous

F1boat
17th October 2009, 19:47
F1boat you'll excuse me if I find your name a bit funny today :p

Haha, you are excused!

Daniel
17th October 2009, 19:50
Raining again..... I think they need to perhaps give up

JSH
17th October 2009, 19:54
RTL in Germany has decided that nobody in Germany wants to watch qualifying anymore now that Vettel is out. They've stopped coverage and have put on "Das Supertalent"... which is a showcase of Germany's least talented people.

Hopefully I"ll still get to see all the race tomorrow even if Vettel does crash on the first lap.

F1boat
17th October 2009, 19:55
Shame on the organizers, if this was IndyCar, it would have been stopped a long time ago.

Daniel
17th October 2009, 19:55
Well at least you don't get Strictly Come Prancing

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:56
RTL in Germany has decided that nobody in Germany wants to watch qualifying anymore now that Vettel is out. They've stopped coverage and have put on "Das Supertalent"... which is a showcase of Germany's least talented people.

Hopefully I"ll still get to see all the race tomorrow even if Vettel does crash on the first lap.

same in the UK, they've gone back to Strictly Come Dancing, although moved us iver to BBC2 and still on the red button, so we've not been kicked off completely, but i don't think we're going to see nay more running today anyway

Robinho
17th October 2009, 19:57
at least the Owl is back

F1boat
17th October 2009, 19:58
same in the UK, they've gone back to Strictly Come Dancing, although moved us iver to BBC2 and still on the red button, so we've not been kicked off completely, but i don't think we're going to see nay more running today anyway

I understand RTL and BBC2. This is ridiculous. They should give up!

ioan
17th October 2009, 20:00
seriously? you are serious yeah?

The med car going about half the speed of the F1 cars will of course raise a little water from its, what, 255 and 285mm width tyres, which are of course enclosed, unlike an open wheeler F1 car.

F1 cars with their uncovered 380mm or so tyres raise something like 60 litres of water a second, and the massive aero wake disperses this high behind the cars. if you think that the Medical car will raise anything like the spray that a formula 1 car will from the same surface then all your posturing that you watch F1 for the technical aspects seems ridiculous as you clearly don't understand what you are watching.

when the cars are driving behind the safety car the level of spray is relatively low, and as soon as they are released you get "rooster tails" and a complete fog behind the cars.

just look at the lap times they did at the start of the session, compared to those at the end of Q1, they were 10-15 secs slower, yet straight after Fisi's spin the medical car was not raising much spray so conditions must have been the same right?

To start with the water raised by the medical car was minimal compared to what we saw in the past behind the Safety Car.

Having enclosed wheels or not is a mute point given that the water drops leave the tire, due to the centrifuge force, long before that point reacheas the height of the bodywork.

I also wonder if the wake of and F1 car on the Interlagos straight doing 200kmh is bigger than that of that AMG Mercedes also at 200kmh.

ioan
17th October 2009, 20:01
right, so the drivers are supposed to slow down to a speed that means the car won't aquaplane weather they can see it or not, when conditions are different one lap to the next with the standing water?

You guessed that one approximately right.
The driver do not rely on eye sight to get a feel of the track condition, they rely on their hands and a$$.

Easy Drifter
17th October 2009, 20:01
TSN in Canada has switched to a taped Cdn. Tire Stock car race. Speed is still blacked out in Canada despite TSN not showing qualifying.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:04
You guessed that one approximately right.
The driver do not rely on eye sight to get a feel of the track condition, they rely on their hands and a$$.

yeah, but these are racing drivers competing for the best time - they will go as fast as they physically can, anything less and you'd be calling for them to be sacked. if they say that when going as fast as they can its getting impossible to not crash.

wet is fine, they can react to that, but standing water and aquaplaning is not

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:05
Session is go at ten past

F1boat
17th October 2009, 20:05
Restart in 6 minutes.

r199
17th October 2009, 20:09
It looks like it is going to crear up and stops raining

driveres back in the cars

and whe are back on track in a few minutes

and the sun is shining now

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:11
Bernie..... Lol

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:11
To start with the water raised by the medical car was minimal compared to what we saw in the past behind the Safety Car.

Having enclosed wheels or not is a mute point given that the water drops leave the tire, due to the centrifuge force, long before that point reacheas the height of the bodywork.

I also wonder if the wake of and F1 car on the Interlagos straight doing 200kmh is bigger than that of that AMG Mercedes also at 200kmh.

i know its not your natural language, but its "moot" point.

i watched the Safty car, it raises a little spray (anything off the fronts hits the bottom of the car and the wings) and the wake drifts in behind the boot, but there is no aero power to pull the air (and water) up and away from the back of the car, and its doing half the speed or less.

you simply can't judge that its safe from the spray from the back of the Medical car. the drivers of the medical car can however report back that the standing water is significantly less, and test it safely as the car can cope with the wet much better and safer.

you continue to wonder about the wake, i think at 120mph (200kph) it will be much larger behind the F1 car. larger tyres, with more water shifting capacity, open wheels and massive aero effect. you wonder away

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:12
Robinho don't feed the Norwegian.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:13
stopped raining, surface looks much better, less "pooling" and the cars look pretty agressive rather than tiptoeing

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:13
Robinho don't feed the Norwegian.

let me have my fun ;) at least i've got something to watch again now - Rosberg looks great in the wet today

Nikki Katz
17th October 2009, 20:14
*yawn*
I turned over for TV Burp but watched the whole rest of this tosh. It's Saturday night! I wanna go down the pub!

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:15
the end of the pit wall always scares me at this place, even more so in weather like this, it looks like it begging for someone to hit it

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:17
Williams having a go on Inters, could be a scramble at the end of this session

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:18
My money on Rosberg to go off. Don't see inters being suitable.....

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:20
Button has boobed i think, unless he can get inters on and get one lap in

Koz
17th October 2009, 20:21
What is Button doing?!

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:22
Screwing the pooch

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:24
too slow, poo

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:26
Rubens just stayed in, right on the bubble in tenth, looks like it was Rubens luck this time

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:28
Yeah. Button is going to be kicking himself now.

Somebody
17th October 2009, 20:28
Button = choker

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:30
if it dries a little more i think Rubens could get himself right near the front in Q3, but equally he could struggle again (10th in the last session) and all 3 contenders could start out of the points

jens
17th October 2009, 20:30
What a shame Vettel didn't make it into Q2, the conditions would have suited RBR more than Q1 like Webber's performance indicated. :( I hope for a miracle from tomorrow. If RBR has sense, they would change the engine, find a proper setup for tomorrow's conditions and start from the pitlane. The same applies to others, who dropped out in Q1.

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:31
You can't change the engine unless there is a fault.

Somebody
17th October 2009, 20:33
You can, but it drops you to the back/pitlane.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:33
this could be interesting, a few randoms up there. i'm hoping Webber is the spoiler and takes the race

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:34
You can't change the engine unless you have a fault. Those are the regs.

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:37
Rubens on the pace.

Koz
17th October 2009, 20:40
Go Rubens baby!

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:40
Rubens right on it, very close at the top

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:41
Goooooooooo Rubens!!!!!!!!!

Koz
17th October 2009, 20:42
Rubens!
The championship is now in your hand!
GO!GO!GO!

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:43
Now we wait....

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:44
fair play Rubens, great laps, well deserved, the title is still on - i wonder what tomorrow brings

F1boat
Well done, Rubens!!!

Daniel
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:45
that was brilliant, i still want Jenson to take it, but Rubens is making it a great fight, great drive - the old man still wants it and still has it

VkmSpouge
17th October 2009, 20:45
Great lap by Rubens Barrichello. At this rate he is going to be a very deserving world champion. Great crowd reaction too.
Jenson Button demonstrating again how to blow a qualifying session.

Roamy
17th October 2009, 20:46
well button stood down and it may well cost him a new contract let alone the championship. One other note is that I think Clear is far and away the best engineer on the team.

Daniel
17th October 2009, 20:47
Epic qualifying......

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:47
Button should have pitted for Inters when he wasn't getting quicker on the full wets, him and the team made a mistake there, if he'd got through he'd probably have been in the mix in that top 6 or so fighting for pole, big mistake

jens
17th October 2009, 20:48
Absolutely awesome stuff! Go Rubens!! :D It would be absolutely fantastic if he won tomorrow. The only problem is that he has been so terribly unlucky on his homecircuit throughout years.

F1boat
17th October 2009, 20:48
Great lap by Rubens Barrichello. At this rate he is going to be a very deserving world champion. Great crowd reaction too.
Jenson Button demonstrating again how to blow a qualifying session.

I agree, especially after the bad laps by Vettel Jenson needed to qualify well.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 20:51
its going to be a very interesting race - some on a wet set up, some dry, unknown conditions, could be all dry, all wet or a combination of each. championships on the line too

pino
17th October 2009, 20:52
Amazing Rubens, congratulations ! :up:

Robinho
17th October 2009, 21:04
i can't see anyone other than Webber being quicker than Rubens in the race of the guys in the top 6-8 so he should be good for at least 2nd, in normal conditions.

Equally i can see Jenson racing to a point or 2 still, that has remained his strong point this year, even when qualifying poorly he has raced well to recover something, he'll have to do the same again tomorrow

"We thought the wets would hold up and they didn't. We were lucky with Rubens, but not with Jenson. It was a poor call in the end. It was an easy decision (on tyres) in this last session and you could see what the car could do. We thought it was about not making a mistake, but perhaps we were too conservative."

seems Ross is taking part of the blame, i think collectivley they boobed by not getting both drivers on Inters or new wets and nearly lost both drivers in Q2, but fair play to Rubens, he made the best of it once through and drove great

F1boat
17th October 2009, 21:07
All will depend from the weather tomorrow, so we will have to wait and see what happens. The Pole was cool, but with such conditions may mean nothing.

Vez
17th October 2009, 21:52
why is there an owl standing in the rain, in daylight, at the edge of an F1 circuit?!

The owl would be a burrowing owl, which is a small, long-legged owl found throughout open landscapes of North and South America. Burrowing owls can be found in grasslands, rangelands, agricultural areas, deserts, or any other dry, open area with low vegetation. Unlike most owls, burrowing owls are often active during the day, although they tend to avoid the mid-day heat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrowing_Owl

I can answer one part for you it's a daytime owl, but why it was standing in the rain and next to a F1 track I don't know, maybe it just wanted a change of scenery, or wondered what the noise was. :p

at least the Owl is back

The owl def got some TV time, which was kinda cool.

Robinho
17th October 2009, 21:55
The owl would be a burrowing owl, which is a small, long-legged owl found throughout open landscapes of North and South America. Burrowing owls can be found in grasslands, rangelands, agricultural areas, deserts, or any other dry, open area with low vegetation. Unlike most owls, burrowing owls are often active during the day, although they tend to avoid the mid-day heat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrowing_Owl

I can answer one part for you it's a daytime owl, but why it was standing in the rain and next to a F1 track I don't know, maybe it just wanted a change of scenery, or wondered what the noise was. :p

The owl def got some TV time, which was kinda cool.

good researching there - thats one unanswered question for the weekend sorted!

keysersoze
17th October 2009, 21:56
Hmm, Kimi is behind Sutil at the start and it could be wet . . . looks like Button could be the beneficiary of a double retirement. :D

I see Kobayashi being very circumspect at the start and Jenson could get by the 'Yoter driver on lap one, but Alonso starting in P10 will hold him up.

Does Jenson fuel heavy, or go light at the start? Opinions boys?

I'll be keeping an eye on the Vettel / Hamilton scrap at the back, too. Nick is back there with them and he's a tough b@$tard. It will be cool to see which of them can use Alguesuari as a pick.

Should be a hell of an opening lap!

Daniel
17th October 2009, 21:56
good researching there - thats one unanswered question for the weekend sorted!
I must have missed the owl :p I actually thought you were talking about Eddie Jordan :uhoh:

Robinho
17th October 2009, 21:57
the owl was on twice, nearly as much screen time as Ej and a little bit taller

VkmSpouge
17th October 2009, 22:00
the owl was on twice, nearly as much screen time as Ej and a little bit taller

Seems only fair that they gave the owl plenty of coverage as F1 replaced Autumnwatch Unsprung on BBC2.

ioan
17th October 2009, 23:19
Absolutely awesome stuff! Go Rubens!! :D It would be absolutely fantastic if he won tomorrow. The only problem is that he has been so terribly unlucky on his homecircuit throughout years.

Maybe Fortuna will even things out this time around.

ioan
17th October 2009, 23:22
Hmm, Kimi is behind Sutil at the start and it could be wet . . . looks like Button could be the beneficiary of a double retirement. :D

I see Kobayashi being very circumspect at the start and Jenson could get by the 'Yoter driver on lap one, but Alonso starting in P10 will hold him up.

Does Jenson fuel heavy, or go light at the start? Opinions boys?

I'll be keeping an eye on the Vettel / Hamilton scrap at the back, too. Nick is back there with them and he's a tough b@$tard. It will be cool to see which of them can use Alguesuari as a pick.

Should be a hell of an opening lap!

Especially if it's wet and started behind the Safety Car, something that is the norm nowadays.

Roamy
17th October 2009, 23:24
Button should have pitted for Inters when he wasn't getting quicker on the full wets, him and the team made a mistake there, if he'd got through he'd probably have been in the mix in that top 6 or so fighting for pole, big mistake

Bullsh!t Sutil did his lap right out there among Button. Button is trying to back into the championship and it will probably work but I don't think brawn will re-sign him

wedge
18th October 2009, 01:32
*yawn*
I turned over for TV Burp but watched the whole rest of this tosh. It's Saturday night! I wanna go down the pub!

I went out on a Saturday and just watched internet highlights.

Whether that makes me an idiot or you lot are a sad bunch, I haven't decided yet :D

I'm assuming the Beeb stuck with it on prime time telly. Might email POV to say I'm a happy license fee payer.

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 03:02
Jenson does have work ahead of him tomorrow, but he has to just be careful of the inexperienced drivers ahead of him before his first significant driver "problem", Alonso.

It was disappointing to say the least that he had such awful handling problems with the rear tyres during q2 which is why he was not called in to change to intermediates. They just decided to push as hard as possible with the full wets. Sigh - it does NOT get easier! :-]

Webber alongside Barrichello makes for an explosive and very aggressive first corner and to predict the outcome is impossible.

Just remember that Webber does tend to become unorthodox under pressure and is prepared to bang wheels - remember Nurburgring with Alonso - and is prepared to cut corners remember Yas Marina with Jens. On both occassions he was penalized so Barrichello must be prepared.

Go Jenson! :-]]]

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 03:14

He could not pit for intermediates because he had massive rear handling problems after making a few changes for q2.

Do you imagine that Ross Brawn would make such an elementary mistake even if Jenson and Shovelin did? Of course not.

It was a deliberate decision to push for as many laps as possible on the full wets and try to reach q3. The inters would have made no difference.

It just did not work.

call_me_andrew
18th October 2009, 03:27
NASCAR should send the FIA a letter explaining how to dry a race track. Don't just leave it to sit for an hour before the safety and medical cars turn laps; get every support vehicle at the track to start running laps.

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 03:55
NASCAR should send the FIA a letter explaining how to dry a race track. Don't just leave it to sit for an hour before the safety and medical cars turn laps; get every support vehicle at the track to start running laps.

They only do that on the ovals.

Anyway, the issue was not a wet track, it was runnig water because the track is encased in a valley literally amongst lakes and tehre used to be actual lakes in the old longer track with the incredible curva do sol.

It took time for all the water to run and then drain.

Also, f1 cars move massive amounts of water off with the tyres, far more than any regular vehicle would. So simple raining versus a deluge is adequately handled by the cars and drivers.

Furtehrmore, these are the best drivers in the world driving the most difficult cars in the world and in great f1 tradition, they are expected to handle the the most difficult of weather conditions.

Let Nascar be Nascar and f1 be f1 and god forbid the two should ever meet!

call_me_andrew
18th October 2009, 04:44
Yes, an F1 car will dry a track faster than any street car, but that's not to say a street car would have zero effect. Less water on the track means less water to drain.

Haven't you ever noticed that the first part of a road to dry after a rain storm is exactly where everyone's tires have been?

UltimateDanGTR
18th October 2009, 08:17
if rubinho leads out of the first corner on sunday, he will win the race. As for jenson, goodness knows what shennanigans he'll get into, i get that feeling........

at least as said above kimi will ram sutil thats for sure!

should be an interesting race whatever happens though, mainly in the midfield.

Mysterious Rock
18th October 2009, 08:35

remember Yas Marina with Jens. On both occassions he was penalized so Barrichello must be prepared.

Go Jenson! :-]]]

You know something about the future then?

Koz
18th October 2009, 08:44
Webber alongside Barrichello makes for an explosive and very aggressive first corner and to predict the outcome is impossible.

Just remember that Webber does tend to become unorthodox under pressure and is prepared to bang wheels - remember Nurburgring with Alonso - and is prepared to cut corners remember Yas Marina with Jens. On both occassions he was penalized so Barrichello must be prepared.

This will turn into a pretty sad if Webber took Rubens out at the first corner. Good possibility of that happening too. :(

Aikidoka
18th October 2009, 09:34
This will turn into a pretty sad if Webber took Rubens out at the first corner. Good possibility of that happening too. :(

Webber is an experienced driver and would not want to stick his car into anything, let alone Rubens. Webber will be trying to score as many points for Red Bull to keep their (admittedly very, very, very slim) WCC hopes alive. Of course Red Bull would also need a miracle to get Vettel up to 2nd to make that any form of possibility, but Webber will have done his job.

Webber would only risk making a move on Rubens if he was sure he could make it stick - In reality he will probably file in behind and try to push Rubens into either making a mistake and taking himself out, or the Brawn breaking.

So I wouldn't say there was a 'good' possibility of Webber taking Rubens out.

Looking forward to a good race though :)

jimakos
18th October 2009, 09:49
Now Barrichello has the big chance to take the championship!!!
I have said that Button won't be in top 8 in this race.
Remains the race to come truth!A good performance from Kimi again,I believe he'll be in pondium... ;)

Robinho
18th October 2009, 10:55
Bullsh!t Sutil did his lap right out there among Button. Button is trying to back into the championship and it will probably work but I don't think brawn will re-sign him

no Bull, both Brawns had cooked their wets, especially the rears, and either needed new wets - which Sutil took, or Inters, which the williams were out there being quicker on, neither Rubens or Jenson improved their times for about the last 5 mins of the session and both nearly dropped out in Q2, something Ross Brawn admitted was their mistake by being too cautious on the tyres

Robinho
18th October 2009, 11:01
going on fuel weights looks like a straight fight between Webber and Rubens, with Webber in a good position to jump at pitstops if he doesn't get ahead on track (assuming its dry). can't see Button scoring points unless he has a storming 1st portion of the race and clears 4 or 5 cars, if not he'll be falling prey to the McLarens and the very long fuelled Vettel.

probably a 6 point gap going to Abu Dhabi, based on Rubens 2nd and a no score for Button.

of course if it rains then all bets are off and it could end up completley different, probably Rubens best cghance of winning if slightly wet as the Red Bull has the best pace in the dry i think

ioan
18th October 2009, 11:46
They only do that on the ovals.

Anyway, the issue was not a wet track, it was runnig water because the track is encased in a valley literally amongst lakes and tehre used to be actual lakes in the old longer track with the incredible curva do sol.

You mean water was running out of a lake and than across the track?! :rolleyes:

F1boat
18th October 2009, 12:43
going on fuel weights looks like a straight fight between Webber and Rubens, with Webber in a good position to jump at pitstops if he doesn't get ahead on track (assuming its dry). can't see Button scoring points unless he has a storming 1st portion of the race and clears 4 or 5 cars, if not he'll be falling prey to the McLarens and the very long fuelled Vettel.

probably a 6 point gap going to Abu Dhabi, based on Rubens 2nd and a no score for Button.

of course if it rains then all bets are off and it could end up completley different, probably Rubens best cghance of winning if slightly wet as the Red Bull has the best pace in the dry i think
From what I saw yesterday Williams and Ferrari have the best pace in the rain.

jimakos
18th October 2009, 12:46
From what I saw yesterday Williams and Ferrari have the best pace in the rain.

Agree!!
Ferrari is very competitive in rain the same BMW.
Look at Kimim today he can finish even 1st ;)

F1boat
18th October 2009, 12:47
Agree!!
Ferrari is very competitive in rain the same BMW.
Look at Kimim today he can finish even 1st ;)

If it is heavy rain, I think that he will win, although Sutil could be a problem.

jimakos
18th October 2009, 12:50
If it is heavy rain, I think that he will win, although Sutil could be a problem.

What are the wheather predictions for today,does anyone know??
I'm more afraid about Webber and less for Sutil :)

pettersolberg29
18th October 2009, 13:25
Its dry at the moment - blue sky no clouds.

jimakos
18th October 2009, 13:55

Thanks for information!!
It seems we will enjoy the race :D

Sonic
18th October 2009, 14:08

Still got a few hours. COME ON RAIN! I've got one website promising me blue skys and 72 degrees, another swearing blind its gonna rain.

DexDexter
18th October 2009, 14:16
http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=-23.62000084&lon=-46.65000153&zoom=8&pin=S%C3%A3o%20Paulo%2c%20Brasilia&type=hyb&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=1&sat.num=1&sat.spd=25&sat.opa=85&sat.gtt1=109&sat.gtt2=108&sat.type=IR4&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0

pettersolberg29
18th October 2009, 14:28
I'm hoping for rain otherwise Nick is gonna have a dull day around 18th...

F1boat
18th October 2009, 14:34
Well, for the show it will be best if it is light rain, which strikes several times for a few minutes. But I'd like to see dry race.

jimakos
18th October 2009, 14:36
Well, for the show it will be best if it is light rain, which strikes several times for a few minutes. But I'd like to see dry race.

Me too mate!!
Dry will be the best and Button won't have any possibilities to finish in top 8 :bounce:

F1boat
18th October 2009, 14:38
Me too mate!!
Dry will be the best and Button won't have any possibilities to finish in top 8 :bounce:

I feel the same about Vettel... :)

jimakos
18th October 2009, 14:40
I feel the same about Vettel... :)

Why Vettel??
I believe is better than Button :arrows:

F1boat
18th October 2009, 14:53
Well, personaly I believe that Jenson is a brilliant driver and I want him to win the championship. Unfortunately, I think that he is weak psychologically - he is very afraid and that's why he is slow. So it is now or never, same as Barrichello. While Vettel is young and will have more opportunities in the future, if he is good enough, although I think that he is a bit overrated, arrogant and prone to make mistakes. In the end to be a fan is to be emotional and I just don't like the guy. The only thing I like is that he is driving a Renault-powered car - I have a soft spot for Renault.

Mauri A
18th October 2009, 15:25
Vettel arrogant, no way!

DexDexter
18th October 2009, 15:48
Vettel arrogant, no way!

Anyone who sings old Finnish Eurovision songs cannot be arrogant, no way! :D

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 15:59
You mean water was running out of a lake and than across the track?! :rolleyes:

Why are you so ignorant about motor racing?

No, the whole of Interlagos is in a valley like area and the rain runs down at certain sections from higher elevations towards the drainage across parts of the track.

When Interlagos was the full 5 miles there were actual lakes dotted around in between the circuit.

ioan
18th October 2009, 16:10
Why are you so ignorant about motor racing?

And me thinking you were talking about lakes in that previous post of yours! It turns out you were using some kind of code language where lake means motorsport! :rotflmao:

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 16:12
You know something about the future then?

Why do take this out of context?

Webber tends to try and bend the rules in these situations [although he is always the first to criticize others] - and so he will have to temper his emotionalistic tendency.

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 16:17
Well, personaly I believe that Jenson is a brilliant driver and I want him to win the championship. Unfortunately, I think that he is weak psychologically - he is very afraid and that's why he is slow. So it is now or never, same as Barrichello. While Vettel is young and will have more opportunities in the future, if he is good enough, although I think that he is a bit overrated, arrogant and prone to make mistakes. In the end to be a fan is to be emotional and I just don't like the guy. The only thing I like is that he is driving a Renault-powered car - I have a soft spot for Renault.

Your post is the biggest load of absolute nonsense I have read on this forum - you have a soft spot for Renault? Well you have one somewhere else too!