PDA

View Full Version : Jarno Trulli to NASCAR

ArrowsFA1
7th October 2009, 10:11
Jarno Trulli will test for NASCAR Sprint Cup team Michael Waltrip Racing in Florida in November, according to reports in America.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79311

I am evil Homer
7th October 2009, 10:17
God if he can't keep race pace for 50 laps, how's he going to manage 200+ ;)

acescribe
7th October 2009, 10:58
He is just set for a run. I wouldnt read too much into a full time switch to Nascar.

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 12:57
He is just set for a run. I wouldnt read too much into a full time switch to Nascar.

I remember people saying the same thing about Montoya.

The Toyota F1 team may not be back next year, and if it is, I've heard that they won't renew Trulli's contract anyway.

Sonic
7th October 2009, 13:03
I wonder how the Americans will take to the Trulli train? (A lap down Trulli train of course ;) )

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 13:21
I wonder how the Americans will take to the Trulli train? (A lap down Trulli train of course ;) )

You never know, he may be up challenging with Montoya.

Sonic
7th October 2009, 13:27
You never know, he may be up challenging with Montoya.

Perhaps, but JPM was a multiple race winner and championship challenger. Trulli on the other hand is a one time GP winner and mid-field runner. On past performances Trulli would sink within a year.

jens
7th October 2009, 13:56
NASCAR is completely different to F1, so there is no point to compare F1 results and make predictions about future performances.

But generally I'm wondering, what is it so attractive about NASCAR that several drivers with F1 background are going to test there - also Salo and Piquet Jr. It looks like NASCAR is pushing hard to attract well-known names from other continents to make the series more attractive world-wide.

Personally, if Trulli happens to leave F1, I'd prefer to see him in some other series than NASCAR - like DTM or something. ;)

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 13:58
Perhaps, but JPM was a multiple race winner and championship challenger. Trulli on the other hand is a one time GP winner and mid-field runner. On past performances Trulli would sink within a year.

You might remember that no one else has won in a Toyota either.

Garry Walker
7th October 2009, 13:59
But generally I'm wondering, what is it so attractive about NASCAR that several drivers with F1 background are going to test there - also Salo and Piquet Jr. It looks like NASCAR is pushing hard to attract well-known names from other continents to make the series more attractive world-wide.

Attractive? When you are not wanted in F1 anymore, thats when you do NASCAR.

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 14:01

After F1, NASCAR drivers probably make more money than drivers from any other series. Not sure where the Rally drivers fit in in the money pecking order, but I imagine it's harder to get a "seat" there than in NASCAR.

It isn't NASCAR that is "pushing hard" to attract well-known names, it's the well-known names that are pushing hard to get to NASCAR.

acescribe
7th October 2009, 14:04
I remember people saying the same thing about Montoya.

Fair enough point, BUT, Montoya was well versed with the American racing scene and an Indy 500 winner.

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 14:12
Fair enough point, BUT, Montoya was well versed with the American racing scene and an Indy 500 winner.

Montoya was in CART and race in the Indy 500 once. That has nothing to do with NASCAR. Comparing the two stretches the point to breaking.

wedge
7th October 2009, 14:21
Attractive? When you are not wanted in F1 anymore, thats when you do NASCAR.

Or DTM, or Le Mans...

jens
7th October 2009, 14:24
It isn't NASCAR that is "pushing hard" to attract well-known names, it's the well-known names that are pushing hard to get to NASCAR.

Well, less than a decade ago basically all drivers in NASCAR were Americans and no F1 drivers went into NASCAR after their F1 careers, so something must have changed mean-time. Popularity of NASCAR + higher salaries? F1 -> NASCAR is clearly a relatively new phenomenon.

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 14:35
Well, less than a decade ago basically all drivers in NASCAR were Americans and no F1 drivers went into NASCAR after their F1 careers, so something must have changed mean-time. Popularity of NASCAR + higher salaries? F1 -> NASCAR is clearly a relatively new phenomenon.

F1 drivers used to go to "Indy Car" (Emmerson Fittipaldi and Mansel for example), but that's no longer a viable series financially. NASCAR is.

acescribe
7th October 2009, 15:19
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79324

truefan72
7th October 2009, 15:22
the only attraction to these guys is the salary.
it takes an adjustment to become a NASCAR driver
longer races, more races, longer season, heavy lumbering cars etc, etc

and that's just the racing. Then there is all the promotional obligations and stuff which are just nuts, and a governing body that's a dictatorship and treats the drivers like well paid gladiators, etc. etc. etc

a switch to NASCAR is good for the finances, and terrible for everything else IMO. The man should have made enough money to retire from racing and live a comfortable life.

Steve2009
7th October 2009, 15:56
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79324
"I want to stress that this is purely an opportunity to experience another category of motorsport for personal enjoyment," said Trulli. "My commitment is 100 per cent to Formula 1."
Looks like it's a done deal :)

veeten
7th October 2009, 16:24
No need for all the hype, he's just looking to 'get behind the wheel' and give it a go. Just a test drive, that's all. And since it is Toyota, both of the team's top brass didn't have a problem.

Besides, didn't Michael Schumacher once tried to do a test drive awhile back, during the off time at the first USGP at Indy. It didn't go well, as he didn't get to actually drive the car.

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 18:55
Besides, didn't Michael Schumacher once tried to do a test drive awhile back, during the off time at the first USGP at Indy. It didn't go well, as he didn't get to actually drive the car.

No, Michael Schumacher didn't try to do a test in a stock car. While traveling across the US on a motorcycle he stopped at the Texas Motor Speedway where they had one of those "Richard Petty Driving Experiences" going on. He stood in line to take his turn with everyone else. He got tired of waiting and decided to go on his way.

Lee Roy
7th October 2009, 18:59
. . . . . and a governing body that's a dictatorship and treats the drivers like well paid gladiators, etc. etc. etc

I watch as much, if not more, F1 than I do NASCAR. Don't try to make out like F1 is some kind of a benevolent organization. Especially after the last couple of years.

woody2goody
7th October 2009, 20:12
I'm seeing a lot of Trulli hate here.

Strange how someone 'not good enough for F1' in the opinions of some members here, finished second at possibly the hardest track for drivers, beating the current World Champion in the process...

Steve2009
7th October 2009, 21:29

It's a good thing that JT couldn't give a r@t's @$$ @bout what is said on our forum :laugh:

jens
7th October 2009, 21:42

Unfortunately Jarno's stock has taken a serious hit this year and Toyota's inconsistencies haven't helped his case. Age isn't on his side either - it's in the human nature of casual F1 fans wanting to see "new exciting stars and fresh blood" instead of those, who they have seen for many-many years. I mean I can remember voices calling for the retirement of JT/GF/RB already from around 2006/2007, but hey - they are still there. :p : ;)

muggle not
8th October 2009, 00:38
Maybe they would like to race in Nascar because it is more exciting and more challenging. That is if they can make it. So far only JPM has proven himself to be competitive.

woody2goody
8th October 2009, 00:53
Unfortunately Jarno's stock has taken a serious hit this year and Toyota's inconsistencies haven't helped his case. Age isn't on his side either - it's in the human nature of casual F1 fans wanting to see "new exciting stars and fresh blood" instead of those, who they have seen for many-many years. I mean I can remember voices calling for the retirement of JT/GF/RB already from around 2006/2007, but hey - they are still there. :p : ;)

Jarno's had a pretty good year I don't see how his stock could have gone down.

Maybe inside his own team where they make an inconsistent car and then expect their drivers to be on the podium every race.

Glock likewise has done absolutely nothing wrong and he too is in danger of losing his job.

Toyota need to take a serious look at themselves. Yes the car is good, at some circuits. It is not the drivers' fault that the car seems to work sporadically.

Trulli especially has raced extremely well this year IMO.

Knock-on
8th October 2009, 10:15
I think it's time for JT to look at a move. He has achieved all he will in F1 and personally a new challenge might be good for him.

He's been a solid driver and deserves some respect for his time in F1.

Giuseppe F1
8th October 2009, 10:39
Jarno Trulli to Lotus in 2010.......trust me, you heard it here first! ;)

AndyL
8th October 2009, 11:02
I think it's time for JT to look at a move. He has achieved all he will in F1 and personally a new challenge might be good for him.

He's been a solid driver and deserves some respect for his time in F1.

Jarno may not agree that he has achieved all he will in F1 ;) I think a few drivers whose careers have plateaued will have looked at Button this season and thought that could be them.

jens
8th October 2009, 18:33
Jarno Trulli to Lotus in 2010.......trust me, you heard it here first! ;)

First here? Nah, I've mentioned this already in the past (silly season thread). :p : Possible if Jarno is motivated in trying to build up a new team. He has said in an interview that he is "100% committed for F1 in 2010", so I wonder, whether he has included new teams in this commitment. Also Bruno Senna has mentioned that very possibly he will be on the grid in '10 and I guess Lotus is among them, who he has had contact with, partly due to "historic" connections. Trulli-Senna would be an interesting team IMO. :s mokin:

DexDexter
8th October 2009, 19:20
Maybe they would like to race in Nascar because it is more exciting and more challenging. That is if they can make it. So far only JPM has proven himself to be competitive.

I was expecting this and here it is :D

muggle not
9th October 2009, 01:55
I was expecting this and here it is :D

Surely you admit that Nascar is much more exciting than F1. :D

DexDexter
9th October 2009, 08:26
Surely you admit that Nascar is much more exciting than F1. :D

Sure it is. Like American football is compared to football. :rolleyes:

Bezza
9th October 2009, 09:06
About time Trulli tried something fresh, he has flattered to deceive for 12 years now and he's not getting any younger.

pino
9th October 2009, 09:37
Trulli will stay in F1 for many years...like it or not :p :

jimakos
9th October 2009, 09:44

Agree!!
Nascar isn't something nice for his carrer...

Bezza
9th October 2009, 11:26

If he does then it will be with a second-rate team, thats for sure.

He won't add to his single victory. Appalling record really when you consider the cars he has had at his disposal.

555-04Q2
9th October 2009, 11:46

They will just push him out the way.

Lee Roy
9th October 2009, 13:00
He won't add to his single victory. Appalling record really when you consider the cars he has had at his disposal.

And how many other drivers have won in the Toyota F1 car?

wedge
9th October 2009, 13:24

He managed to beat Alonso on merit and gave Renault its only win in 2004 at Monaco.

And when was Trulli ever in a top car that could fight for a championship?

Steve2009
9th October 2009, 13:57
He managed to beat Alonso on merit and gave Renault its only win in 2004 at Monaco.

Jarno could do NASCAR if he really applied himself.
The qustion is:
Does he want to come to the states and invest 3 to 5 years to the decipline?
I think not, but I for one would welcome him if he did!

Bezza
9th October 2009, 14:20

I'd say in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2009 he has had race-winning cars and race-winning opportunities, yet has just not been quick enough or ruthless enough to take advantage.

He outpaced Alonso in about three races during 2004, one of which happened to be Monaco which he managed to win - and he drove well in that race.

wedge
9th October 2009, 15:19
I'd say in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2009 he has had race-winning cars and race-winning opportunities, yet has just not been quick enough or ruthless enough to take advantage.

You're asking a lot because Trulli is nothing something.

Bahrain this year Toyota gave Trulli a crap strategy.

Renault in 03/04 were on the periphery of the best team/car and will take a great driver to consistently outdrive the car.

When were Toyota ever in contention for a win in 2005? They were strong points finishers.

Bezza
9th October 2009, 16:33
The 2005 Toyota was capable of more, Trulli doesn't have the ability to go the extra step to victory. Neither really did Ralf Schumacher. With better driver choices, Toyota would have a few wins by now easily.

wedge
9th October 2009, 17:06
The 2005 Toyota was capable of more

How so?

Alonso was peaking as a driver, McLaren turned into the dominant car.

If we agree that Toyota had no special driver, Trulli is nothing special then surely a driver who at least deserved to win a race and yet never drove for a top team is not an "apalling record"? By that definition then surely, for example, Jean Alesi had apalling record with the cars he had driven?

jens
9th October 2009, 18:16
Unlike drivers like Coulthard, Barrichello, Fisichella, even Ralf, etc, Trulli has never had a car of challenging for the championship. If those mentioned guys have managed to win as many races as they did, surely Trulli would have achieved at least the same with similar career opportunities. If anything, Trulli has never got a proper chance.

And Mr Bezza, the talk about 2005 "car capabilities and wins" seems more like your gut feeling rather than anything being based on evidence, I'm afraid. With such logic it's possible to criticize almost anyone, for instance like by saying that RBR had never won before this season and BMW-Sauber and BAR/Honda got only one (lucky) win due to crappy drivers.

Mark in Oshawa
10th October 2009, 00:34
I'm surprised more people on here don't share your view with this being an F1 :p :

I find people on forums regularly make this statement when they do not understand the complexities of F1. You basically have to do you homework before watching a race to understand the changes in technology. F1 races on some of the most exciting tracks in the world and reaches a much larger audience, and if you don't find it exciting, then stick to what you know best. :)

I have to do my homework to watch f1? Good lord, I can watch and see how great it is that the f1 machines can stop, go and turn that fast but after 10 mins, if they don't pass each other it isn't racing. Most exciting tracks in the world? Maybe I will agree there, and I agree the tech is wonderful stuff, but I watch way more F1 qualifying than the actual races because at least the leaderboard for fastest laps changes. The running order in a GP only seems to change if someone muff's a pitstop. NASCAR is RACING. One car passing another, with 43 in the field all passing and repassing each other. Maybe ole Jarno misses actually RACING someone?

I don't Truilli is coming to NASCAR, but JPM caused a seismic shift in how NASCAR is perceived and if Jarno thinks he wants to try NASCAR on for size, he will find a more humbling racing culture to adapt to. He will have to sign autographs, not treat the press like crap, accept he has to race EVERY weekend, accept that the guys on the team work better when you don't treat them as invisible, and will have to earn everything he gets on the track, because there are no team orders, and there are no easy races or positions. Also, Turning left all day isn't what it seems once you start seeing the nuances of it.

I think most f1 fans are puzzled by the sudden interest by F1 drivers in NASCAR, but for me I think they have woken up to the fact it is a challenge that is partially there for any of them to do that will push them for one, and for two, is not tied to what team's 500 million dollar budget was spent best. In NASCAR, having a good ride doesn't guarntee you much, but being a good communicator with a team, and learning the nuances of stock racing means you determine your fate, not the team princpal or the car. 43 cars start races in the Sprint Cup every weekend, about 25 of them are capable of winning......you don't see that in f1.

Saint Devote
10th October 2009, 03:24
NASCAR is completely different to F1, so there is no point to compare F1 results and make predictions about future performances.

Personally, if Trulli happens to leave F1, I'd prefer to see him in some other series than NASCAR - like DTM or something. ;)

Its because everybody in European or British racing knows how bad they are.

If Trulli thinks that the good ole boys will take kindly to some skinny furriner with an accent more familiar in NYC than Charlotte - he is in for a rude awakening.

Steve2009
10th October 2009, 04:08
Maybe ole Jarno misses actually RACING someone?
Ha Ha Good one!!!
The rest of your post = Top Shelf! :up: :s mokin:
Jarno out to have a little fun, and we have
forum members fighting over what it means :laugh:
:rotflmao:

muggle not
11th October 2009, 12:47
I have to do my homework to watch f1? Good lord, I can watch and see how great it is that the f1 machines can stop, go and turn that fast but after 10 mins, if they don't pass each other it isn't racing. Most exciting tracks in the world? Maybe I will agree there, and I agree the tech is wonderful stuff, but I watch way more F1 qualifying than the actual races because at least the leaderboard for fastest laps changes. The running order in a GP only seems to change if someone muff's a pitstop. NASCAR is RACING. One car passing another, with 43 in the field all passing and repassing each other. Maybe ole Jarno misses actually RACING someone?

I don't Truilli is coming to NASCAR, but JPM caused a seismic shift in how NASCAR is perceived and if Jarno thinks he wants to try NASCAR on for size, he will find a more humbling racing culture to adapt to. He will have to sign autographs, not treat the press like crap, accept he has to race EVERY weekend, accept that the guys on the team work better when you don't treat them as invisible, and will have to earn everything he gets on the track, because there are no team orders, and there are no easy races or positions. Also, Turning left all day isn't what it seems once you start seeing the nuances of it.

I think most f1 fans are puzzled by the sudden interest by F1 drivers in NASCAR, but for me I think they have woken up to the fact it is a challenge that is partially there for any of them to do that will push them for one, and for two, is not tied to what team's 500 million dollar budget was spent best. In NASCAR, having a good ride doesn't guarntee you much, but being a good communicator with a team, and learning the nuances of stock racing means you determine your fate, not the team princpal or the car. 43 cars start races in the Sprint Cup every weekend, about 25 of them are capable of winning......you don't see that in f1.
Good post. Nascar is so much different from F1 that few drivers, if any, can make the switch. JPM was an exception and it took him 3 years and he has still to win a race on the ovals, but he will in time.

DexDexter
12th October 2009, 11:08

An in addition to everything stated above, in Nascar the drivers can pound down those Quarter Pounders without any fear of not fitting in the car :D . No wonder Trulli is looking at it.

Real racing, real athletes.

http://www.nascaroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/tony-stewart.jpg

woody2goody
12th October 2009, 13:29
An in addition to everything stated above, in Nascar the drivers can pound down those Quarter Pounders without any fear of not fitting in the car :D . No wonder Trulli is looking at it.

Hmm, Stewart's always been the epitome of fitness :D

Juan Pablo may have yet to win an oval race, but I think his position in the championship says a lot more about his adaptation to NASCAR. It takes a while to become consistent, and Juan has done that. There's no doubt he is quick, and he has a quick car, but IMO his opponents are in fractionally better ones.

Lee Roy
12th October 2009, 19:02
If Trulli thinks that the good ole boys will take kindly to some skinny furriner with an accent more familiar in NYC than Charlotte - he is in for a rude awakening.

That kind of stupid stereotyping went out with the last century.

Steve2009
13th October 2009, 00:14
[Originally Posted by Saint Devote http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=702382#post702382)

That kind of stupid stereotyping went out with the last century.What do you expect from a New York *** ? :eek: :grenade:
OK Even Steven :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
13th October 2009, 04:45
That kind of stupid stereotyping went out with the last century.

You haven't seen his posts on the F1 board comparing the USF1 effort to Nazi Germany, I take it? Oh yeah... :rolleyes:

Garry Walker
13th October 2009, 09:02

Yeah, NASCAR drivers are real fit :D

Lee Roy
13th October 2009, 11:41
From Jayski:

Carl Edwards on cover of ESPN The Magazine 'Body Issue': #60-Carl Edwards is one of six cover athletes who will appear on ESPN The Magazine's cover for its inaugural "Body Issue". The Body Issue, on newsstands Friday, Oct. 9, will feature nearly 80 athletes from a variety of sports in a celebration and exploration of the athletic form. The issue honors athletes of diverse shapes, sizes, genders and races within the boundaries of taste and frontiers of creativity upon which ESPN The Magazine and ESPN have built their reputations. It is a testament to the work the athletes do, the effort they exert and the price they sometimes pay in reliance on their most important asset - their bodies.(ESPN PR)(10-8-2009)

DexDexter
13th October 2009, 11:50
From Jayski:

Who is Carl Edwards? A motorcycle racer?

ArrowsFA1
13th October 2009, 12:03
Who is Carl Edwards? A motorcycle racer?
http://www.carledwards.com/

gloomyDAY
13th October 2009, 16:56
Yeah, NASCAR drivers are real fit :D http://www.carledwards.com/Websites/carledwards/Images/ESPNmag185.jpg

Indeed they are.

Mark in Oshawa
14th October 2009, 00:00
It's comical. People take shots at Tony Stewart, yet he continues to win. He has won at every type of car he has sat in, and sits in a lot of cars every year. He ran the IRL and won there, and was probably as porky in appearance as he is now. In fact, people covering NASCAR have said he has actually lost weight this past year. He is a naturally stocky and tough looking guy. Ryan Newman is another no-neck wonder who at first appearence looks out of shape. Yet both are capable of running up front. Beware of appearences in NASCAR. Being in shape is an asset, but the lean jockey builds of f1 guys are not needed since the car isn't a pencil with some void to pour 150 lbs. of driver into. What Stewart lacks in svelte sleek lines he makes up for in brute strength. He would turn one of those f1 weasels inside out if he felt like it.

Jarno I am sure will find out that his fitness would be an asset BUT NASCAR is a combination of things, and a rude change of culture for a driver. JPM took to it like a duck to water, and I didn't think he would. Cant wait to watch how any of the other Euro rejects coming to NASCAR adapt.

woody2goody
14th October 2009, 05:26
It's comical. People take shots at Tony Stewart, yet he continues to win. He has won at every type of car he has sat in, and sits in a lot of cars every year. He ran the IRL and won there, and was probably as porky in appearance as he is now. In fact, people covering NASCAR have said he has actually lost weight this past year. He is a naturally stocky and tough looking guy. Ryan Newman is another no-neck wonder who at first appearence looks out of shape. Yet both are capable of running up front. Beware of appearences in NASCAR. Being in shape is an asset, but the lean jockey builds of f1 guys are not needed since the car isn't a pencil with some void to pour 150 lbs. of driver into. What Stewart lacks in svelte sleek lines he makes up for in brute strength. He would turn one of those f1 weasels inside out if he felt like it.

Jarno I am sure will find out that his fitness would be an asset BUT NASCAR is a combination of things, and a rude change of culture for a driver. JPM took to it like a duck to water, and I didn't think he would. Cant wait to watch how any of the other Euro rejects coming to NASCAR adapt.

Nobody said Stewart couldn't win because he is porky, just that he is porky. I however cannot comment on matters of size and stomachly girth :D , I'm probably a stone or two heavier than I should be.

Stewart must be a fit guy because of the demands of NASCAR, but compare him to Carl Edwards, Jarno and even Juan Pablo, and I doubt he has their endurance.

I've never taken to Stewart personally, he seems a little too arrogant for my taste, but that doesn't have anything to do with his weight I can assure you.

Mark in Oshawa
14th October 2009, 06:40
Nobody said Stewart couldn't win because he is porky, just that he is porky. I however cannot comment on matters of size and stomachly girth :D , I'm probably a stone or two heavier than I should be.

Stewart must be a fit guy because of the demands of NASCAR, but compare him to Carl Edwards, Jarno and even Juan Pablo, and I doubt he has their endurance.

I've never taken to Stewart personally, he seems a little too arrogant for my taste, but that doesn't have anything to do with his weight I can assure you.

He has had enough endurance to win 2 championships and a lot of races. What is more, he ran to top 10 finishs at Indy and then the 600 in Charlotte later than night twice. Stewart is like his hero, AJ Foyt, just one tough SOB.

As for his personality, he is the closest in personality to Dale Sr. Sometimes grouchy and sarcastic, but under it all a really good guy. Just don't tell anyone that, he denies it....

DexDexter
14th October 2009, 10:09
He has had enough endurance to win 2 championships and a lot of races. What is more, he ran to top 10 finishs at Indy and then the 600 in Charlotte later than night twice. Stewart is like his hero, AJ Foyt, just one tough SOB.

As for his personality, he is the closest in personality to Dale Sr. Sometimes grouchy and sarcastic, but under it all a really good guy. Just don't tell anyone that, he denies it....

I couldn't care less what Stewart can or cannot do. The fact is he is overweight and wouldn't fit in an F1 car.

ArrowsFA1
14th October 2009, 10:21
I couldn't care less what Stewart can or cannot do. The fact is he is overweight and wouldn't fit in an F1 car.
I doubt whether being able to fit in an F1 car worries Tony Stewart too much.

DexDexter
14th October 2009, 10:35
I doubt whether being able to fit in an F1 car worries Tony Stewart too much.

I'm sure it doesn't. The point is you can be out of shape and still succesful.

Lee Roy
14th October 2009, 11:48
Tony Stewart has to spend a lot of time running his own successful two-car Sprint Cup team, other race teams at lower levels, his own race track, his charitable foundation, which includes the successful "Prelude to a Dream", and other things that I'm probably not aware of.

If the only thing he was capable of doing was to drive in 18 or 19 races a year, he'd have a lot more time spend in the gym and monitoring his diet. He can, and does, do a lot more than just drive a race car.

I am evil Homer
14th October 2009, 11:52
Tony Stewart is awesome - great driver and his charity work would put a lot of other drivers to shame.

muggle not
15th October 2009, 02:07
Tony Stewart has to spend a lot of time running his own successful two-car Sprint Cup team, other race teams at lower levels, his own race track, his charitable foundation, which includes the successful "Prelude to a Dream", and other things that I'm probably not aware of.

If the only thing he was capable of doing was to drive in 18 or 19 races a year, he'd have a lot more time spend in the gym and monitoring his diet. He can, and does, do a lot more than just drive a race car.
You got that right. I doubt that there are many drivers as involved as tony in so many different functions, and he is still one of the best in nascar.

Lee Roy
15th October 2009, 11:18
You got that right. I doubt that there are many drivers as involved as tony in so many different functions, and he is still one of the best in nascar.

There are few drivers in NASCAR, or any other form of auto racing, that are capable of doing the things that Tony does. And Tony does them well.