PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Calendar

ray.martin
7th October 2009, 09:59
Surely the two Brands Hatch dates are the wrong way round??

After this season's brilliant climax on the GP circuit they must surely go for that again?? The Indy circuit isn't a patch on the full one.

MG2004
7th October 2009, 10:13
I disagree! I love watching at the Indy circuit. It's fast and furious action, you can see almost the whole lap from Paddock Hill grandstand and you see the cars more often because there are more laps.

BTCC on the Indy circuit is never without incident!

Mark
7th October 2009, 11:08
For TV then the Grand Prix circuit is best. For being at the track the Indy circuit cannot be beaten! The closest the BTCC comes to an oval. (Rockingham uses the infield so it's a long way from being an oval!)

I was hoping to go to a BTCC race for a bit of stag party before I get married. But the only race before then is Thruxton. Which is in the middle of nowhere. Crap. Massively far away and crap :s

MG2004
7th October 2009, 11:46
I was hoping to go to a BTCC race for a bit of stag party before I get married. But the only race before then is Thruxton. Which is in the middle of nowhere. Crap. Massively far away and crap :s

Well obviously you need to reschedule the wedding!
Where are your priorities Mark?

wedge
7th October 2009, 12:05
For TV then the Grand Prix circuit is best. For being at the track the Indy circuit cannot be beaten! The closest the BTCC comes to an oval. (Rockingham uses the infield so it's a long way from being an oval!)

Thruxton is crap?

Brands/Indy is the best track for title showdown.

Mark
7th October 2009, 13:48
Thruxton is crap?

Purely from my own point of view of attending BTCC races at all the current tracks. Thruxton was the worst.

Allyc85
7th October 2009, 16:21
The dates..

April 4 Thruxton
April 25 Rockingham
May 2 Brands Hatch (Grand Prix)
June 6 Oulton Park (Island)
June 20 Croft
August 8 Snetterton
August 22 Silverstone (National)
September 5 Knockhill
September 19 Donington Park
October 10 Brands Hatch (Indy)

all dates remain provisional

Im happy enough with that, roll on the 4th of April for my local round at Thruxton :D

wedge
7th October 2009, 16:49
Purely from my own point of view of attending BTCC races at all the current tracks. Thruxton was the worst.

I would've thought the Campbell/Cobb complex and the Club chicane as the best places to watch.

I've never been to Thruxton before.`

UltimateDanGTR
7th October 2009, 17:42
interesting calender, would have prefered Brands GP as finale, but the GP date has probably been moved to May to replace what was this year a May A1 GP meeting on the GP track, and no round next year.

shame, but brands is the best place for the finale, so get set for an awesome 2010 season!

donny as penultimate round will be good on the new circuit, anyone know what circuit it will be on? porbs not the full GP track, but there are several configurations it could be on, be interesting to know which one.

Allyc85
7th October 2009, 18:17
I would've thought the Campbell/Cobb complex and the Club chicane as the best places to watch.

Its one of the best places ive watched from as you can see the cars for ages and you usually get a few desperate lunges up the inside ;) :D

Wasted Talent
7th October 2009, 20:45
Ought to scrap the Brands Indy round and go to Cadwell Park - a man's racing circuit!!

Won't happen I know but nice to dream........

WT

Allyc85
7th October 2009, 21:06
Would love to see that, or maybe Castle Combe but that is one that deffo wont happen!

Mark
8th October 2009, 09:02
Alan Gow always seems to get asked about Castle Combe every other week and he's always maintained that the facilities there are not up to scratch.

When you see some of the BTCC circuits currently on the calendar then they must be pretty shocking!

MrJan
8th October 2009, 10:25
There isn't a lot at Combe, no garages or anything like that. Also the run off and lack of gravel traps is a problem for some series. However the circuit is superb (both in terms of layout and surface) and would create some awesome BTCC racing, sometimes the people in charge need to think less about keeping their arse warm and more about providing the best action for the fans.

ray.martin
8th October 2009, 14:36
I'm also glad that Rockingham has moved back nearer the start of the season - it gets v.chilly as Autumn draws near!

ATF
9th October 2009, 16:17
I'm also glad that Rockingham has moved back nearer the start of the season - it gets v.chilly as Autumn draws near!

It was nice and warm at Rockingham this year (as long as u weren't too high in the grandstand)!! Better than last season's thunderstorm anyway - think that was in April!