PDA

View Full Version : How do you expect Anthony Davidson to perform in 2007?

PSfan
7th December 2006, 16:22
Well its that time of the year again (ok, maybe earlier then usual, but I noticed that I still had access to the old forum, so before I forgot the questions.) Decided to change it to the Ant, since I started the Mark Webber one last year, though if anyone wants to do Mark this year...

Do you predict:

1. Ant to qualify on pole several times this year?

2. Ant to gain several podiums?

3. Ant to win a race?

4. Ant to perform abysmally and show that he is not as good a driver as others here think he is?

5. Ant to be out-performed by his team mate?

Once again, thanks to Valve Bounce for the concept. :)

Ian McC
7th December 2006, 16:28
As well as he can in that car I would guess

Only point 5 is probably of any interest, should be a good battle between the two.

BTCC2
7th December 2006, 16:40
Point 5, not his fault the car just wont be up to it and he has a lot less experience than Sato.

BeansBeansBeans
7th December 2006, 18:31
1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. No

Powered by Cosworth
7th December 2006, 19:06
I predict him and Hamilton will be battling it out for 14th place ;)

Donney
7th December 2006, 19:22
I guess he may score in a couple of races because let's not forget he is driving a Super Aguri.

BeansBeansBeans
7th December 2006, 19:48
If Aguri continue to develop at the rate they have so far, I think Davidson can hope to pick up 3 or 4 points finished. I predict that Sato will have the upper hand in the early part of the season, with Davidson equalling and eventually beating him as the season progresses.

stevie_gerrard
7th December 2006, 19:49
Possible points, on a good day for super aguri, when everyone else is having a rubbish day :p : May beat Sato in some races, but this will be a whole new learning curve, doing a full season in a formula 1 car. :)

Dave B
7th December 2006, 19:50
I expect him to be at least as quick as Sato, and more likely to stay on the track.

As to the rest of his performance, that's mainly down to the car.

sonic_roadhog
7th December 2006, 20:10
IMO I think they are evenly matched, so point 5 is the only one close to what might happen. Both have effectively been dropped from the main honda team and if the car is any good it is probably their last chance to restart their careers.

good luck to them both

Sonic :)

baker
7th December 2006, 20:30
5. I expect him to be quicker than Sato. After all he's had the whole of 2006 to get used to the car. ;)

Ian McC
7th December 2006, 22:00
I predict him and Hamilton will be battling it out for 14th place ;)

I predict at the end of the season you will wish you had not posted that :p :

Viv
8th December 2006, 06:56
IMO I think they are evenly matched, so point 5 is the only one close to what might happen. Both have effectively been dropped from the main honda team and if the car is any good it is probably their last chance to restart their careers.

good luck to them both

Sato has been dropped, not Davidson. I think there's every possibillity for Davidson replacing Reubens at Honda if he does well this season and beats Sato..which I think he will. Unless Klein turns out better I don't think there's a big gap between the Ant and that Honda seat.

ArrowsFA1
8th December 2006, 08:47
I think there's every possibillity for Davidson replacing Reubens at Honda if he does well this season and beats Sato..which I think he will.
Very likely :up:

Storm
8th December 2006, 09:45
err didnt Sato beat Davidson in F3 when they were team-mates ?
Anyhow I dont get all the Ant hype but we will see how he goes...one thing he isnt going to be doing is getting poles and wins next year.

Valve Bounce
8th December 2006, 10:20

good luck to them both

I wasn't going to post anything here as we had discussed most of this in great detail. However, this point has to be addressed. During the early part of last year, Honda's boss promised he would gift the ant a race seat at Aguri in '07 in recognition for all the years of loyalty and great work he had done at team Honda.

Viv
8th December 2006, 10:20
Anyhow I dont get all the Ant hype but we will see how he goes...one thing he isnt going to be doing is getting poles and wins next year.

Din't Justin Wilson beat Webber in f3000?? I think it just shows some of them adapt better to f1. Sato has clearly not done that, though I do agree he did well this year in the Super Aguri.Anyways..like u said.we'll see how it goes.
He won't win or get podiums of course..but I somehow feel he'll beat Sato

Dave B
8th December 2006, 10:28
This whole "X beat Y three years ago in a different formula" arguement is fundamentally flawed. Different drivers adapt to F1 differently, and some have a capacity to improve while others may have reached their peak early.

Otherwise Frentzen would be a 7x WDC by now! :p

Storm
8th December 2006, 10:29
You feel he will beat Sato ...fine but some people think thats a given or a fact waiting to happen. I just pointed out a real fact which is Sato having already beaten Ant in the same car.. :)

AndyPerry
8th December 2006, 11:09
It really depnds on the car i believe..If they manage to squeeze the Bar car through somehow then he might be able to do something..If not, then it'll be a bit tougher for him and Taku both.

Valve Bounce
8th December 2006, 11:20
You feel he will beat Sato ...fine but some people think thats a given or a fact waiting to happen. I just pointed out a real fact which is Sato having already beaten Ant in the same car.. :)

I think Schnell had already told us that it was ants rookie year when Sato beat him.

We will just have to wait until we see what car these guys have next year before we can assess how well they will do. This was covered in Arrows thread.

ioan
8th December 2006, 15:45

I agree with you, some drivers get to much hype and most of them never come even close to being as good as their fans believe they are.

On the other hand it's a good feeling to see less popular drivers like Sato perform well, so GO Takuma!

AndySpeed
8th December 2006, 16:45

I respect both Sato and Davidson. Not only that but at SA I think that they will be very closely matched, if only because you've got two very good drivers in a not-so-good car.

PSfan
8th December 2006, 17:48
Well, I wasn't intending on waiting this long to make my predictions, but since alot hinges on todays meetings (How well Davidson performs will be relative to what chassis' they use. as it seems, Plan A is to use the Honda chassis. but from my understanding, Honda has a plan B, and C. (third party developing a new chassis, and a continuation of the Arrows chassis...)

But waiting for a decision will take to long... and this seems more fun:

Do you predict:

1. Ant to qualify on pole several times this year?

If Honda & Aguri use almost identical chassis, share tire data, and decide a light fuel load in quals would be good for the team, then maybe (Heck Heidfeld got a pole in a Williams!

If different chassis... No chance... :p :

2. Ant to gain several podiums?

Honda chassis... miracles can happen.... Different chassis, not a prayer...

3. Ant to win a race?

Not with Honda A team out there

4. Ant to perform abysmally and show that he is not as good a driver as others here think he is?

abysmally... No, but I believe a bad car can make a driver look good (case in point, Sato in the aguri car.) So if they are stuck without the Honda design, then Davidson should be able to look like a miracle worker. But if he makes mistakes in the Honda designed car, it will look much worse...

This should be pretty even. Sato did kick his butt in F3 and I'll concede that it was Davidson's rookie campaign, it was really only Sato's 2nd, and he did have double the wins if I remeber correctly. Should the Honda design get the nod for Aguri, Davidson should have the edge in experience in the car, but thats something Sato can catch up on during winter testing...

jens
8th December 2006, 18:41
I agree with you, some drivers get to much hype and most of them never come even close to being as good as their fans believe they are.

On the other hand it's a good feeling to see less popular drivers like Sato perform well, so GO Takuma!

Interesting, but my psychology is quite the same. If someone gets a lot of criticism (and more than he actually deserves), then even an "anti" might become likeable to me. And reversed. I instinctly start defending if someone is bashed. And my opinion is more critical if someone is hyped.

Maybe it's something to do with trying to maintain the balance. F1 (as well as the whole life) is not like black and white, so that someone is like a god (and we even won't bother trying to find anything negative) and another one is "totally useless and should disappear as quickly as possible". Every driver/team/etc has its own weaknesses and strenghts. Our goal is to recognise and acknowledge them and not from one view angle.

Valve Bounce
8th December 2006, 22:32
Interesting, but my psychology is quite the same. If someone gets a lot of criticism (and more than he actually deserves), then even an "anti" might become likeable to me. And reversed. I instinctly start defending if someone is bashed. And my opinion is more critical if someone is hyped.

OK! so going slightly off topic, what do you think of Warnie? :p :

jens
8th December 2006, 22:39
OK! so going slightly off topic, what do you think of Warnie? :p :

:disturb: If I only knew, whose nickname it was... :crazy:

Valve Bounce
9th December 2006, 00:14
:disturb: If I only knew, whose nickname it was... :crazy:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,20895917-23212,00.html?from=public_rss

Thor
9th December 2006, 02:55
If he was driving McLaren,Renault or Ferrari I would say yes to all

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. YES

5. YES

jens
9th December 2006, 15:25
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,20895917-23212,00.html?from=public_rss

As I know nothing about cricket, then I can't have any opinion about him. :) At least I know one player's name now. :D

(sorry for OT)