PDA

View Full Version : F1 2009 Singapore video

Bruce D
5th October 2009, 07:00
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/09/24/f1-2009-game-exclusive-video-first-footage-of-singapore-grand-prix-track/

Anyone else seen it? Opinions? Personally I think it just showed that the physics are miles away! How's the understeer on those cars. And smoke coming from the tyres every corner? Have these people watched F1 racing before??? Guys, step away from the computer screen and just watch 1 race - you may actually make a decent game...

tmx
5th October 2009, 07:50
I know a lot of people here like Codemaster, but I don't enjoy their products except for the older titles. Added on to the bad physic, they allow the AI god ability to catch up with you to give as an excuse for realism and difficulty. So I'm not even considering their games. I'll stick with stuff like RBR and GTR2.

Bruce D
17th November 2009, 05:37
New video on the official game site - http://www.formula1-game.com/en_GB/

Still think it looks like it sucks. I mean, think of the physics for GP1 and GP2 and a Wii should be able to beat those.

Francis44
17th November 2009, 11:11
Codemasters and their usual crap!!!!

NeverKnow
17th November 2009, 11:37
What else can you expect from Codemasters? They only care about money and they dumb down their games so everyone can become a F1 champion without actually knowing anything about F1 cars and how to drive them.
In my opinion the only good racing game developers are SimBin and some small developers (like late Warthog). SimBin games allow you choose what level a realism do you want. Ranging from arcade to simulation. So if you are sim nut (like me) you can drive it like a sim but if you are casual driver you can still have fun with it.
Unfortunately these kind of games don't sell so well compared to Codema$ters games. One of the beefs I have with Codemasters are the price of their games. They pump out same game with little modifications every year and still ask for 40-60€ for them. But people still buy them so they continue doing so.

Little offtopic. Has anyone tried out Need for Speed Shift and is it any good?

Bruce D
17th November 2009, 11:52
Well the same principal works for EA Sports with the FIFA games and such. Same year a new version, just slightly tweaked from the last.

I've borrowed NFS shi(f)t from a friend, installed it, played it for 2 races, and then uninstalled it. Its that bad... Talking on your level NeverKnow, I mean I have GTR2 and Race07 and think that they are great (especially GTR2) but NFS doesn't even come close. Graphics are pretty much the same as CMR Dirt 1 but the physics is just impossible to get my head around. The car feels so wierd to drive that its terrible to play. Considering this was developed by ex-GTR2 guys, its a real let down.

Oh BTW it runs fine on Windows SP2 as well, no need for SP3.

Back on topic, I'm afraid right now this codemasters version looks like its miles behind the original version of GP4, let alone the updated versions.

NeverKnow
17th November 2009, 12:15
... Considering this was developed by ex-GTR2 guys...
That's why I asked. Thought if they made it it would be good but I guess I was wrong.
I've played GTR, GTR 2 and Race 07. In my opinion they are the best racing games in the market at the moment. I used Race last season to improve my asphalt driving skills and it helped a little. It's still little different if you drive in a closed circuit or if you drive in a rally stage.
GTR 2 was good because it was little more forgiving than GTR when driving over the limit and it came with driving school which helped a lot to learn some decent tarmac technics.