PDA

View Full Version : British Airways V Virgin

driveace
5th October 2009, 02:44
Flew out to New york last September with Delta,To Orlando with Virgin in October, And 3 days ago out to Boston with British Airways .Who is the best??????

Mark in Oshawa
5th October 2009, 05:33
I am going to say either BA or Virgin. I know people who flew Delta who still haven't recovered.....

Roamy
5th October 2009, 05:37
i suspect if you flew business or first class it would be Delta. As far as coach goes I imagine the one that took off on time and didn't lose your bag!

Glen 320
5th October 2009, 18:58
only one way to find out, FIGHT!!!

GridGirl
5th October 2009, 22:04
FIGHT? Surely you mean flight? :p

wedge
6th October 2009, 00:17
Virgin - excellent On Demand entertainment system

Dunno about BA.

driveace
14th October 2009, 21:51
Well travelled to Florida last October,with Virgin.Good flight out ,absolutley cra* on the way back.We were woken over Greenland 3 hours before landing in manchester to be given a burnt egg bagel.I said to the girl "When do I get my medal" She said "What for" MY reply "For eating that rubbish.
The staff were totally off hand with everybody,and only wanted to SLEEP themselves.
Just done Boston with BA ,far better both ways !
Both ways in coach.I refuse to pay for extras!

Aikidoka
15th October 2009, 12:05
Flew with Virgin to San Francisco, couldn't really complain about the service - the on demand entertainment system was annoying though... I spent the first 30 mins of the flight going through picking out films and TV shows, before realising I'd clocked up 17 hours worth of viewing for an 8 hour flight :) Sometimes one can have too much choice!

Had a bad experience with BA once - flying back from New York, the drinks trolly was behind me in the aisle and the officious steward wouldn't let me go to the first class loos that were in front of me. He wouldn't even let me use the toilet space to cross the plane so that I could go down the other aisle to the loos at the back of the plane.

It was only when I informed him that I really couldn't wait for the trolley to pass that he grudgingly let me cross the aircraft.

Daniel
15th October 2009, 13:53
We were woken over Greenland 3 hours before landing in manchester to be given a burnt egg bagel.I said to the girl "When do I get my medal" She said "What for" MY reply "For eating that rubbish.
The staff were totally off hand with everybody,and only wanted to SLEEP themselves.

If you did that to me I'd ignore you as well.

Malbec
15th October 2009, 17:45
Up until a few years ago Virgin beat BA anytime, better service, better entertainment, competitive fairs.

Now I find Virgin staff disinterested bordering on rude. I prefer BA these days, though the likes of Emirates are better than both.

driveace
16th October 2009, 20:36
I agree with Dylan about Virgin.Totally uninterested in the CUSTOMER,best for me was Malaysian Airways down from Manchester to Auckland.They were the dogs *******s nothing was too much trouble