PDA

View Full Version : Sutil does it again.....

Daniel
4th October 2009, 08:35
Anyone notice that when Sutil got spun around that he kept his foot in and tried to spin the car immediately...... Last week he took someone out, this week he was luckier. I do hope this gets raised with him because it's just unsafe.

Steve2009
4th October 2009, 08:37
He's rapidly becoming the new Sato :p :

harsha
4th October 2009, 08:44
@Steve...come on mate,that's too harsh on Sutil :p :

Koz
4th October 2009, 09:20
Noticed that myself. If this habit (?) doesn't change he or whoever runs into him will be seriously hurt.

Steve2009
4th October 2009, 09:21
@Steve...come on mate,that's too harsh on Sutil :p :He hasn't gotten there yet, but if he keeps punting cars off the track he may earn the distinction! ;)

Robinho
4th October 2009, 09:29
i saw that too, but to be fair he could see what was coming this time so i don't think it was dangerous, in fact i thought it was rather nifty

seppefan
4th October 2009, 10:08
i saw that too, but to be fair he could see what was coming this time so i don't think it was dangerous, in fact i thought it was rather nifty

Spot on.

ioan
4th October 2009, 13:43
Give the guy a break.
He certainly did a huge mistake in Singapore, but today nothing like that happened.

ioan
4th October 2009, 13:44

Exactly.

Wasted Talent
4th October 2009, 13:56
He hasn't gotten there yet, but if he keeps punting cars off the track he may earn the distinction! ;)

Looked like Kova punting Sutil off to me - Sutil had made the pass.....

WT

Sonic
4th October 2009, 16:29
50/50

In the heat of the moment Sutil didn't realise leaving Kovy a cars width at the second apex was not going to allow the McLaren back through. Kovy had no KERS left until the line and tight to the kerb would provide no traction and the wrong line to the pit straight so in hindsight I'm sure Sutil would have left the room

However Kovy knew he was going at least ten laps longer so letting the pass happen would have cost him nothing.

Daniel
4th October 2009, 16:36
50/50

In the heat of the moment Sutil didn't realise leaving Kovy a cars width at the second apex was not going to allow the McLaren back through. Kovy had no KERS left until the line and tight to the kerb would provide no traction and the wrong line to the pit straight so in hindsight I'm sure Sutil would have left the room

However Kovy knew he was going at least ten laps longer so letting the pass happen would have cost him nothing.
The coming together is not what is being discussed in this thread, I'm discussing the fact that whilst Kovalainen was spinning Sutil around, Sutil still had his foot in as he did in Singapore. I don't think he could have known if anyone was really that far behind.

Robinho
4th October 2009, 16:48
The coming together is not what is being discussed in this thread, I'm discussing the fact that whilst Kovalainen was spinning Sutil around, Sutil still had his foot in as he did in Singapore. I don't think he could have known if anyone was really that far behind.

well you could see pretty clearly from the onboard, as Button went through and there was a big gap to any more cars, so he was far from unsighted.

no doubt singapore was a boneheaded move as the corner/walls meant there was no line of sight, but this week it was quite a reasonable move imo

Sonic
4th October 2009, 16:55

Errrm. Threads often go off topic; I was merely adding my POV to the pot in reply to previous posts re: the cause of the shunt.

truefan72
4th October 2009, 18:48
Looked like Kova punting Sutil off to me - Sutil had made the pass.....

WT

yep

keysersoze
4th October 2009, 20:37
Sutil's instinct is gas first, brake second. I'm pretty sure his team made him completely aware of his surroundings and he did the right thing.

Kova gets the Donkey and should have been given a penalty for not ceding the position when he was beaten.

wedge
4th October 2009, 23:15
When Sutil spun he was facing the opposite direction and had a much better view of oncoming cars and quite rightly spin turned the car.

What Sutil did at Singapore was utterly stupid. He should've at the very least crept his car forward as some sort of acknowledgement of oncoming cars.

call_me_andrew
5th October 2009, 03:34
Anyone notice that when Sutil got spun around that he kept his foot in and tried to spin the car immediately...... Last week he took someone out, this week he was luckier. I do hope this gets raised with him because it's just unsafe.

When did that become the wrong thing to do? Was it when the cars got anti-stall programing?

race_director
5th October 2009, 05:08
he is far better than SATO. he crashes with style. not like SATO who use to crash alone :)

But he needs a spanking on the arse from vijay Mallaya for loosing a point scoring position :)